Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,062 members, 7,890,499 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:58 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310435 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 12:06am On Jan 05, 2013
But wait oooo, I am meaner than Yvete, please analyse our comments and judge
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 12:09am On Jan 05, 2013
imperiouxx:

Walex said well. If your I-20 still valid for like a day or 2 days before your interview, I would have suggested you go for it but to be on the safe side, defer and hope for a better day. I deferred in Jul 2011, 1 month and few days to resumption.

Thank you so very much. I will do just that,
@ walex57: you are well appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 12:13am On Jan 05, 2013
kpolli: But wait oooo, I am meaner than Yvete, please analyse our comments and judge

heheeehee Oh Lawd!

Oops! Relevant comments already changed to lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 12:16am On Jan 05, 2013
Yvete:

heheeehee Oh Lawd!

Oops! Relevant comments already changed to lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Excuses
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OlaJesu18: 12:18am On Jan 05, 2013
Hello everyone, I was referred to this blog by someone I met the last time I went for a student visa interview. I need help and advice concerning some issues when filling the ds-160 online form, when the question if you have a relative in the U.S comes up... Although I've bern saying I don't have any relative over there. Recently my dad(who happens to be my sponsorer), got sent an invitation letter from one of his distant relative in the U.S I don't even know about and I'm sure he doesn't know me too, and also we don't bear the same surname. Now I want to fill a new ds 160, should I just say I have a relative in the U.S now ? or should I still say NO because my dad will be going for the interview soon. Please I need people's advice and suggestions on what they think I should do. God bless, thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 12:31am On Jan 05, 2013
fadinus:
Everybody deserves help no matter the circumstance

Mschewww!
yvete u see hw pple lyk dis instigate problems here. all u hypocrites God is watching.Its now dat u pple remember d purpose of this thread is to advise others. Fadinus pls leave her alone. How many pple av u advised? Nobody knws if u're looking for a visa or nt becos uve neva made sense wit all ur posts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:39am On Jan 05, 2013
OlaJesu18: Hello everyone, I was referred to this blog by someone I met the last time I went for a student visa interview. I need help and advice concerning some issues when filling the ds-160 online form, when the question if you have a relative in the U.S comes up... Although I've bern saying I don't have any relative over there. Recently my dad(who happens to be my sponsorer), got sent an invitation letter from one of his distant relative in the U.S I don't even know about and I'm sure he doesn't know me too, and also we don't bear the same surname. Now I want to fill a new ds 160, should I just say I have a relative in the U.S now ? or should I still say NO because my dad will be going for the interview soon. Please I need people's advice and suggestions on what they think I should do. God bless, thank you all.

See those two bold words? Let it remains at distance in your application. You don't know him neither he too to you. Your relative is made up of your dad, mom, sibling. Aside that, no other family member think of you. Shikena!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OlaJesu18: 12:48am On Jan 05, 2013
imperiouxx:

See those two bold words? Let it remains at distance in your application. You don't know him neither he too to you. Your relative is made up of your dad, mom, sibling. Aside that, no other family members think of you.

Thank you very much, That's what I've been thinking as well.. I'll just follow your advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 12:53am On Jan 05, 2013
Mamacita007:

Mschewww!
Yvete u see hw pple lyk dis instigate problems here. All u hypocrites, God is watching. Its now dat pple remember d purpose of this thread is to advise others. Fadinus pls leave her alone. How many pple av u advised? Nobody knws if u're looking for a visa or nt becos uve neva made sense wit all ur posts.

Yvete has been teaching u bad things abi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 12:54am On Jan 05, 2013
Mamacita007:

Mschewww!
Yvete u see hw pple lyk dis instigate problems here. All u hypocrites, God is watching. Its now dat pple remember d purpose of this thread is to advise others. Fadinus pls leave her alone. How many pple av u advised? Nobody knws if u're looking for a visa or nt becos uve neva made sense wit all ur posts.
don't want any rift with u mamacita or anyone else here, u can say whateva u wanna say, na u get ur mouth o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 12:56am On Jan 05, 2013
kpolli:

Yvete has been teaching u bad things abi
kpoli i don't knw wat i av done wrong again õ
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 1:04am On Jan 05, 2013
fadinus:
kpoli i don't knw wat i av done wrong again õ

Ma binu, I forgot to give her money for soup b4 leaving the house so she dey para mode

Let's move on **thug hug**
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 1:06am On Jan 05, 2013
An interesting trend I have observed lately is people "suddenly" realizing they couldn't afford their tuition & fees immediately after obtaining their visas. I really wonder if they intentional avoid to lookup the fees at the time of application or maybe the fees weren't published at the time. I think people should cut their coat according to their cloth. There's no need applying to a school you cannot afford except you are hoping to get some scholarship/assistantship (assuming you are extremely qualified). Even at that, always have a Plan B because funding is not usually guaranteed. Proper planning prior to leaving Nigeria is key to your survival here in the US.

There are a number of good and affordable Universities in the US. Do your research! In my time, I realized it was even possible to get automatic in-state tuition even as an international student! For example, if you can withstand the cold in Minnesota, I can confidently tell you it's one of the most affordable states to study in the US. Minnesota State University Moorhead, Minnesota State University Mankato and St. Cloud University all offer in-state tuition for international students. This means you could be paying less than $4000 for a 12-18 credit semester!

Please do your research carefully so you don't end up being frustrated in the US. Like I said earlier, proper planning is key to your survival here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 1:16am On Jan 05, 2013
kpolli:

Ma binu, I forgot to give her money for soup b4 leaving the house so she dey para mode

Let's move on **thug hug**
ΌЌ bro, abeg try gv her nxt tym shogbo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 1:20am On Jan 05, 2013
fadinus:
ΌЌ bro, abeg try gv her nxt tym shogbo

Fadinus, you know that you're a sh*t starter right? You only comment to brew tension.

@Kpolli Thug Hug?? Loooooool Oh my God! You're something else.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 1:22am On Jan 05, 2013
webstradamus: if you can withstand the cold in Minnesota, I can confidently tell you it's one of the most affordable states to study in the US. Minnesota State University Moorhead, Minnesota State University Mankato and St. Cloud University all offer in-state tuition for international students. This means you could be paying less than $4000 for a 12-18 credit semester!

Now all roads will lead to the schools mentioned above. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Why is it that nobody wants to join Imperiouxx , my neighbor in the North-West.

kpolli: Yvete has been teaching u bad things abi

What can I possibly teach a Lagos-chic'? cheesy grin grin grin grin ;
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 1:25am On Jan 05, 2013
Yvete:

Fadinus, you know that you're a sh*t starter right? You only comment to brew tension.

@Kpolli Thug Hug?? Loooooool Oh my God! You're something else.
sh*t starter!!! *lipsealed* i don't comment tu brew tension in anyway yvete u jst don't undastnd, but anyways, it won't happen again, am sorry bout dat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 1:34am On Jan 05, 2013
Yvete:

Now all roads will lead to the schools mentioned above. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just checked the schools out, quite very very affordable but don't have many courses. . . . Very good option instead of community college
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:35am On Jan 05, 2013
Yvete:

Because by name New Mexico isn't part of the US.....loooooool grin also, it was in New Mexico US launched atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945..... Last year space suit free fall was conducted in NM too, all bombing and some spaces happen in NM. So, Nigerian guys rebel against State of New Mexico thinking people in NM must be aliens or no life gorks grin. Well, probably because of GRE + WES and ignorance about NM but schools are relatively very cheap here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 1:44am On Jan 05, 2013
kpolli: Just checked the schools out, quite very very affordable but don't have many courses. . . . Very good option instead of community college

Really, that cheap?? shocked Aiight guys, let's give HCCS a break this year! **Claps**

Around Houston, they're cheap public colleges like Lamar, Prairie View A&M, but I think reputation should be considered somewhat. I'm hesitant in dropping names because some people would relax and never research a College that suits their needs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 1:45am On Jan 05, 2013
imperiouxx: Because by name New Mexico isn't part of the US.....loooooool grin also, it was in New Mexico US launched atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945..... So, Nigerian guys rebel against New Mexico. Probably because of GRE + WES but schools are relatively very cheap here.

Ignorance is not bliss! Its pathetic for anyone to think that NM is in Mexico. I heard that the University of Hawaii is a great school too. Besides, whats WES? You mean the foreign evaluation guys?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 2:00am On Jan 05, 2013
Yvete:

Really, that cheap?? shocked Aiight guys, let's give HCCS a break this year! **Claps**

Around Houston, they're cheap public colleges like Lamar, Prairie View A&M, but I think reputation should be considered somewhat. I'm hesitant in dropping names because some people would relax and never research a College that suits their needs.

Not as cheap ooo but price wise, they compete... 4k is the most expensive I saw...

Yes reputation matters most to me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 2:17am On Jan 05, 2013
ollyboy1:

Thank you so very much. I will do just that,
@ walex57: you are well appreciated.
you're welcome bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 2:22am On Jan 05, 2013
webstradamus: An interesting trend I have observed lately is people "suddenly" realizing they couldn't afford their tuition & fees immediately after obtaining their visas. I really wonder if they intentional avoid to lookup the fees at the time of application or maybe the fees weren't published at the time. I think people should cut their coat according to their cloth. There's no need applying to a school you cannot afford except you are hoping to get some scholarship/assistantship (assuming you are extremely qualified). Even at that, always have a Plan B because funding is not usually guaranteed. Proper planning prior to leaving Nigeria is key to your survival here in the US.

There are a number of good and affordable Universities in the US. Do your research! In my time, I realized it was even possible to get automatic in-state tuition even as an international student! For example, if you can withstand the cold in Minnesota, I can confidently tell you it's one of the most affordable states to study in the US. Minnesota State University Moorhead, Minnesota State University Mankato and St. Cloud University all offer in-state tuition for international students. This means you could be paying less than $4000 for a 12-18 credit semester!

Please do your research carefully so you don't end up being frustrated in the US. Like I said earlier, proper planning is key to your survival here.

Dont get it wrong bro,4k is per semester which is just 12 credits units,so the more you add to your credit, the more your money pilled up, I school in SD so i know whats going on down here but to be honest with you guys life is easy here and accommodation is cheap too. Over here you will surely see fresh food and fruits.BUT BUT BUT BUT COLD COLD COLD COLD COLD COLD SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW FULL here..lol..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 2:30am On Jan 05, 2013
Adolite:

Dont get it wrong bro,4k is per semester which is just 12 credits units,so the more you add to your credit, the more your money pilled up, I school in SD so i know whats going on down here but to be honest with you guys life is easy here and accommodation is cheap too. Over here you will surely see fresh food and fruits.BUT BUT BUT BUT COLD COLD COLD COLD COLD COLD SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW FULL here..lol..

The schools I mentioned have the same amount as tuition from 12 - 18 credits. As regards the cold, they will adapt. If you did, so would they!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 2:45am On Jan 05, 2013
webstradamus:

The schools I mentioned have the same amount as tuition from 12 - 18 credits. As regards the cold, they will adapt. If you did, so would they!
Cold is not really a problem here, atleast is better than Arkansas,Alaska..lol..but surely you will need a car unless you staying in the dorm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 2:52am On Jan 05, 2013
kpolli:

Just checked the schools out, quite very very affordable but don't have many courses. . . . Very good option instead of community college

My point exactly! For those interested, also add Minot State University in North Dakota to the list.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 3:51am On Jan 05, 2013
kpolli: Ma binu, I forgot to give her money for soup b4 leaving the house so she dey para mode. Let's move on **thug hug**

ah ah kpolli u didn't tell me dat ure hungry. i would av shipped a pot of frozen soup to u overnight. Wat do u eat dere? school food or u cook ur own food? TGIF dis is my last party weekend. (imperrioux dancing smiley). fadinus i don't av any problem wit u pls. im just tired of some pple here and u were one of dem buh dats before.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 3:51am On Jan 05, 2013
Please My Chiefs, if someone is asking questions, if you have the answer, just give the person instead of countering the person, do you think it is easy to read part 1 to part 3, when the time is short? please you need to help them, i have been following this tread since onset and yet i have also went twice to the embassy and was denied too, i guess you know what is takes or look when you got denied, so please answer them for me,

please house i want to ask you all a question, please my last interview went well, but what happen is that when she ask of of any exam that i wrote and i said no,she then just squeeze her face like devil and ask me if i sit for SAT and i said no, then next thing was denied, so it is painful OK, let help one another who is in urgent need and stop going through part 1 to 3.

what i want to know is that SAT for January has closed, the next is march, please do anyone have ideas on how to go about it and the second thing is that i don't know mathematics, please how can i pass SAT, please help me, i do not want to give up on this now, My sevis will expire in June 2013 so i need to go before it will expire, please i need advice or should i go for TOEFL, but i heard Ielts if british exam will they honour it too?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 3:54am On Jan 05, 2013
Mamacita007:

ah ah kpolli u didn't tell me dat ure hungry. i would av shipped a pot of frozen soup to u overnight. Wat do u eat dere? school food or u cook ur own food? TGIF dis is my last party weekend. (imperrioux dancing smiley). fadinus i don't av any problem wit u pls. im just tired of some pple here and u were one of dem but dat was before.

Why is it your last party weekend? moreover, where is the party at?..lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 3:55am On Jan 05, 2013
Adolite: Why is it your last party weekend? moreover, where is the party at?..lol

Houston and dallas. u're invited dis weekend. come wit ur heater cos i wont share mine wit u. grin where do u stay?

emmanuelkim: Please My Chiefs, if someone is asking quesions, if you have the answer, just give the person instead of counter the person, do you think it is easy to read part 1 to part 3, when the time is short? please you need to help them, i have been following this tread since onset and yet i have also went twice to the embassy and was denied too, i guess you know what is takes or look when you got denied, so please answer them for me, when she ask of of any exam that i wrote and i said no, she just squeeze her face like devil and ask me if i sit for SAT and i said no, then next thing was denied , so it is painfull ok, let help one another who is in urgent need and stop going through part 1 to 3.

looool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 4:08am On Jan 05, 2013
Mamacita007:

Houston and dallas. u're invited dis weekend. come wit ur heater cos i wont share mine wit u. grin where do u stay?

looool

I school and stay in South Dakota but presently in New York now....lol...So have you made up your mind now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.