Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,169 members, 7,950,033 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 06:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (312098 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
DEJAY1: . Got that and thanks. Now my intentions are-to find a university in houston that offers music production as a course just like fittty advised nd take the toefl exam,find a new sponsor.how bout that bro and anything to add?

That would be brilliant, always look for UNIVERSITY. Best of luck next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by DEJAY1: 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
imperiouxx:

That would be brilliant, always look for UNIVERSITY. Best of luck next time.
. Thanks and how can I go bout registering for toefl nd how much does it costs?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ovap: 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
Imperiouxx, i sent msg 2ur yahoomail box bt u did nt reply me why? Pls i need ur reply quick quick. Thanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
DEJAY1: . Got that and thanks. Now my intentions are-to find a university in houston that offers music production as a course just like fittty advised nd take the toefl exam,find a new sponsor.how bout that bro and anything to add?

First, are you going for B.S or MS? You said post secondary education. I may have missed where you mentioned a prior degree; is this a second B.S?. That being said, find a university. Then look at their requirements. Do not go and take TOEFL because you think it will boost your chances. Satisfy the schools requirement. However, TOEFL is cheap, so ....your choice. Nothing boost your chances in the overall more than having all the requirements the school wants, being confident and genuine. Everyone's experience is different and will continue to be. You mentioned that you want to study English/Literature; you also jumped at the idea of taking TOEFL...... I dont get it ( forgive me). You seem to be everywhere. Give yourself time to figure things out. Don`t be in a hurry to fail a second time.
You told the CO you do a lot of things. You succeeded in creating an impression of someone who is not stable. You also let him/her know you are still trying to figure out what you want to do- cars, clothes, music, english/literature.
YOUR BROTHER CAN BE YOUR SPONSOR. I say it again, YOUR BROTHER CAN BE YOUR SPONSOR. I sponsored my brother 2yrs ago, he got his visa. The question is "Is your sponsor genuine? Anybody can be your sponsor. I advise against dumping money in someone`s account for the purpose of sponsorship; again, this is me speaking. Your I-20 has a slot for "Funds from another source Specify type". To me it means any other source......ANY.
Also, you don`t have to go to school in Houston because your brother is in Houston. You can if you want to but you mentioned that you will find a school in Houston. I may be wrong but you haven`t convinced me that you are not an intending immmigrant (Again forgive me but I`m only trying to think like the American CO). See, to the CO, every NIV applicant is an intending immigrant and is treated as such. You just have to prove him/her otherwise. You did not come close to trying.
You have been advised to take time to prepare. Don`t go back to get denied. Do your due diligence. Frequent this site.

Good Luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2012
@house please I need toefl Material for my friend , kindly send it to Ravinloon_05@yahoo.com. Much appreciated .

Spring applicant anyone does know the available dates on the calender shud let the house know , let's be cheerful in the house . Goodluck to everyone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
biofem2000:

First, are you going for B.S or MS? You said post secondary education. I may have missed where you mentioned a prior degree; is this a second B.S?. That being said, find a university. Then look at their requirements. Do not go and take TOEFL because you think it will boost your chances. Satisfy the schools requirement. However, TOEFL is cheap, so ....your choice. Nothing boost your chances in the overall more than having all the requirements the school wants, being confident and genuine. Everyone's experience is different and will continue to be. You mentioned that you want to study English/Literature; you also jumped at the idea of taking TOEFL...... I dont get it ( forgive me). You seem to be everywhere. Give yourself time to figure things out. Don`t be in a hurry to fail a second time.
You told the CO you do a lot of things. You succeeded in creating an impression of someone who is not stable. You also let him/her know you are still trying to figure out what you want to do- cars, clothes, music, english/literature.
YOUR BROTHER CAN BE YOUR SPONSOR. I say it again, YOUR BROTHER CAN BE YOUR SPONSOR. I sponsored my brother 2yrs ago, he got his visa. The question is "Is your sponsor genuine? Anybody can be your sponsor. I advise against dumping money in someone`s account for the purpose of sponsorship; again, this is me speaking. Your I-20 has a slot for "Funds from another source Specify type". To me it means any other source......ANY.
Also, you don`t have to go to school in Houston because your brother is in Houston. You can if you want to but you mentioned that you will find a school in Houston. I may be wrong but you haven`t convinced me that you are not an intending immmigrant (Again forgive me but I`m only trying to think like the American CO). See, to the CO, every NIV applicant is an intending immigrant and is treated as such. You just have to prove him/her otherwise. You did not come close to trying.
You have been advised to take time to prepare. Don`t go back to get denied. Do your due diligence. Frequent this site.

Good Luck!

You have spoken well but you need to look at things from a certain perspective. There's a big gap btw those who take standardized test and those who don't. No one is saying he can't get the visa without the test. Afterall there are testimonies of those who got the visa without the test and it was due to the fact that the V.O didn't ask for it but if it was asked for and he can't produce it then probability of getting the green ticket wld be slim. You need to know that the embassys decision supersedes the schools decision. Without a visa, the admission letter is useless....... Regarding his brother who is living in d US it reduces his ties to his country and the VO may see him as a potential immigrant

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ovap: 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
House pls help me out.My father is into quarry and truck biz(we have quarry and tippers),he's d one sponsoring me. I'm his P.A since I finishd my Nysc in 2010. As mech engr,i'm goin 4project management in master's level.Pls house how can i defend myself here? (2) Can I say my father is a contractor or wat would i say? (3) please, what are d relationshp of d these? Mechanical engineer(B.Eng) into father's P.A goin 4project management. My interview is soonest,thnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by splashilicious: 3:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
@ enlightened 1

Don't fret when you are going for the interview.Read extensivey about the conference details like the subject matter of the conference and what you intend to gain from it. If you are a facilitator or just attending to acquire skills,please let the Vo know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by DEJAY1: 3:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
Thanks soo much for ur contribution biofem,I really apprec8 it. First of all introduction;am a guy of 30yrs,I finishd ssce '98,nd been a dj since then.I've gotten no degree up 2date bt recently I met this person that I claim to be my brother is,who is actually not my blood bt we met @my workplace nd he liked me cos of wat I do i.e djing nd he promisedto help me securing a US visa.he was the one that chose the schl nd the course for me on the basis that he had already helpd sm1 secure US visa via this schl.the name of the schl is international christain instituite nd linguistics schl in houston.he was even the one that sent me the link to nairaland. Now some peeps here had advised a toefl nd I should find a univ nd a diff sponsor,nd find a course that relates with wat I do. Wat would u advise biofem?I seriously need ur genuine nd ur best advise.thanxs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
DEJAY1: . Thanks fittty..mThe name of the school is international christain instituite and linguistics school.its located in houston. Can I get ur email add fittty? And pls wat re ur advises for me before re-applying? And wats ur advise too about my sponsor cos I dnt ve anyother person to claim as sponsor aside my brother.

Re-apply to a university first, then we would tell u wat to do. . . Which one be International Christian Institute and Linguistics school? Na pastoral school nii?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
lanrypaddy: House,

Please how can I convince the school to allocate a room for me because it seems as if the rooms have being booked for now. Will I still be able †̥ get accommodation when I get to school and Monday is our International Orientation. Please anybody who can help out.
Also, by God's grace I will be in New York JFK tomorrow around 17:15, how can I get a pick up because the school Ȋ̝̊̅§ telling M̶̲̥̅ƺ that they can not pick me up...I will highly appreciate you guys help pls this will be M̶̲̥̅Ɣ first time ooº°˚˚˚˚°ºo .

Contact ur international student's office
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
DEJAY1: . Thanks soo much fittty.ur contribution is highly appreciated.I think wat I'll do right away is find a school in houston that offers music production as a course,nd how can I get a diff sponsor cos my brother will never transfer his funds I know him very well.and bout the toefl,how do I go bout registering for it cos I wan start a new process to get the Visa asap.Thanks

You can use ur bro as sponsor but first change institutions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
DEJAY1: Thanks soo much for ur contribution biofem,I really apprec8 it. First of all introduction;am a guy of 30yrs,I finishd ssce '98,nd been a dj since then.I've gotten no degree up 2date bt recently I met this person that I claim to be my brother is,who is actually not my blood bt we met @my workplace nd he liked me cos of wat I do i.e djing nd he promisedto help me securing a US visa.he was the one that chose the schl nd the course for me on the basis that he had already helpd sm1 secure US visa via this schl.the name of the schl is international christain instituite nd linguistics schl in houston.he was even the one that sent me the link to nairaland. Now some peeps here had advised a toefl nd I should find a univ nd a diff sponsor,nd find a course that relates with wat I do. Wat would u advise biofem?I seriously need ur genuine nd ur best advise.thanxs

I hope the guy didn't collect any money from u. . . . And ur case looks bad (sorry to say)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
DEJAY1: Thanks soo much for ur contribution biofem,I really apprec8 it. First of all introduction;am a guy of 30yrs,I finishd ssce '98,nd been a dj since then.I've gotten no degree up 2date bt recently I met this person that I claim to be my brother is,who is actually not my blood bt we met @my workplace nd he liked me cos of wat I do i.e djing nd he promisedto help me securing a US visa.he was the one that chose the schl nd the course for me on the basis that he had already helpd sm1 secure US visa via this schl.the name of the schl is international christain instituite nd linguistics schl in houston.he was even the one that sent me the link to nairaland. Now some peeps here had advised a toefl nd I should find a univ nd a diff sponsor,nd find a course that relates with wat I do. Wat would u advise biofem?I seriously need ur genuine nd ur best advise.thanxs

The bold parts are not good. Though the age is of little issue but the years since you graduated from high school till now is too long to start back outside the country. These VOs reason too, question is since you finished 14 years ago why not start back in Nigeria to get use to studying first? In fact, why linguistic when you are into music for many years. The bro is simply an agent no doubt about that. Don't be surprise next time if you are asked if you ever wrote jamb? When was the last jamb you wrote and why don't you gain admission in to schools in Nigeria this while?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ovap: Imperiouxx, i sent msg 2ur yahoomail box bt u did nt reply me why? Pls i need ur reply quick quick. Thanx

My brother, I'm very sorry. I'll reply all mails later today..... classes + assignments, labs, seminar and TA no gree make me rest o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
House I beg I will like to know if nipost is good enough to help deliver some docs. I need for my admission process to the school I'm applying to and does anyone know how long it do normally take them to make a delivery. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
dnpasion: House I beg I will like to know if nipost is good enough to help deliver some docs. I need for my admission process to the school I'm applying to and does anyone know how long it do normally take them to make a delivery. Thanks

Nipost takes 10working days that's about 2weeks. Make sure u register the package
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
Thanks for your response.
fittty:

Nipost takes 10working days that's about 2weeks. Make sure u register the package
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ecalos: 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2012

Ok DEJAY you may hate me for what I am about to say because I am going to play a devil's advocate..I dont know you but from everything you have written, its just super clear you want to live Nigeria through any means possible. I dont even think you are interested in getting a degree at all. You probably just want to go there and keep on doing your DJ business because somewhere in your mind you think it will be more profitable promoting your business in America than Nigeria..And yeah you might probably come back to Nigeria but most likely you have no intentions of doing that...With that said, have you considered a visiting visa because I really doubt at this stage you will get a student visa except by some miracle the Consular officer overlooks all your red flags and decides to just grant you a visa...

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 12:01am On Aug 24, 2012
Hello guys, i wanna send my documents to my school..can i send some photocopies? I cant leave some original documents! Will this affect their admission desicion? Thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelson20: 12:32am On Aug 24, 2012
Good evening house, Pls, in preparation for visa interview & collection, do you need to pay for any additional fee(s) apart from the Visa fee of #26,400. Thanks a lot. STAY BLESSED.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 1:01am On Aug 24, 2012
@imperiouxx, i no talk say i don settle down oh, i just dey talk say i don stable small. Person fit go yankee for 3 years make he never settle down so dont get me wrong, i was in the hotel paying huge sum of money since thats why i said i am abit settled. To my friend lanre journey mercies bruv God will guide you. Deverrick, splachilicious and others coming by spring, the sky is your limit no VO can stop you, Go for it.

Goodluck to everyone going for interview soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 1:04am On Aug 24, 2012
emmanuelson20: Good evening house, Pls, in preparation for visa interview & collection, do you need to pay for any additional fee(s) apart from the Visa fee of #26,400. Thanks a lot. STAY BLESSED.

You don't need to pay any fee, just that visa fee covers everything. Prepare ahead of time, be focused know what you want to do in the US and overall show passion for it. Forget about ties to Nigeria, The Us has space for everyone and trust me they want the best for their country, if they see you have a good shot, you Good.

Good Luck may the Almighty God guide your path and favor you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 1:09am On Aug 24, 2012
Ollydon: Hello guys, i wanna send my documents to my school..can i send some photocopies? I cant leave some original documents! Will this affect their admission desicion? Thanks in advance

I don't understand what documents you want to send. If its your transcript, simply request from your school, an official copy and send to your proposed school. You can always have access to your transcript from your institution here in Nigeria. Test scores are usually sent directly from the test Coy. so you good. But like i said it depends on your school. My school didn't ask for an official transcript before i got admission as a matter of fact i sent just a scanned copy, so different schools different rules. Some will not even accept transcript, but will tell you to evaluate it first. I just submitted the official one today in person. So you Good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 1:12am On Aug 24, 2012
dnpasion: House I beg I will like to know if nipost is good enough to help deliver some docs. I need for my admission process to the school I'm applying to and does anyone know how long it do normally take them to make a delivery. Thanks
\

It depends on what time you have left to meet your deadline. I sometime sent a document via Nipost to Canada and i registered it and paid about 800-1000k and it arrived Canada in about 10-15 dayz, so if this is ok by you, then you're good. But please register it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 1:18am On Aug 24, 2012
Ovap: House pls help me out.My father is into quarry and truck biz(we have quarry and tippers),he's d one sponsoring me. I'm his P.A since I finishd my Nysc in 2010. As mech engr,i'm goin 4project management in master's level.Pls house how can i defend myself here? (2) Can I say my father is a contractor or wat would i say? (3) please, what are d relationshp of d these? Mechanical engineer(B.Eng) into father's P.A goin 4project management. My interview is soonest,thnx

One experience i have had with the Us embassy is that try as much as possible to always tell a good story, the Vo doesnt have much time to sit on your case. He has to make a decision for the better part. Get a family friend or someone that owns or runs a engineering coy, have him write a letter for you that you worked there for a while, if asked by the Vo for pay slip, you could say it was a volunteered job or you were just given transport and feeding allowance. Do your research on the nature of the mechanical job should in case the Vo ask you of your job responsibilities ( and please make this very realistic). Just tell a good connecting story, and you'll be good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelson20: 1:25am On Aug 24, 2012
king1_00:

You don't need to pay any fee, just that visa fee covers everything. Prepare ahead of time, be focused know what you want to do in the US and overall show passion for it. Forget about ties to Nigeria, The Us has space for everyone and trust me they want the best for their country, if they see you have a good shot, you Good.

Good Luck may the Almighty God guide your path and favor you.
Thanks a lot Bro, am very grateful. I wish you the very best in US. GOD BLESS & GUIDE YOU AMEN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 2:29am On Aug 24, 2012
emmanuelson20: Good Evening Everyone, pls, ur advice is needed regarding payment of sevis fee. Firstly, should one change the naira to dollar in nigeria before going to cotonou or get there & change it probably @ ecobank? Secondly, how far is it from Iyana Iba? Lastly, direction from iyana iba to cotonou (ecobank)? Thanks a lot. Wishing All Prospective Spring Students The Very Best. STAY BLESSED.
Nah...Nah...Nah...don't change your money to dollars at all i did that and it was refused at cotonou...i had to look for a good samaritan that used cephas to pay for me...take your naira and chnage it to cephas...you'll pay in cephas at ecobank...they make the transition for you...best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 2:44am On Aug 24, 2012
My first exam in the usa i had a 4.0...A-...Good Start but i want the best....wish me luck guys....USA is sweet ooo but pls pls and pls...dnt get distracted...also for those coming...pls come with an international drivers license....driving exam and lessons should be your first call...you no go see buses like how molue dey for lagos ooo...they have times they come around...get a bus pass but pls try learn how to drive in your state according to your state law...who knows...you may see person wey fit give u awuuf car drive like me grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Abmoney: 3:35am On Aug 24, 2012
I Swear You guys have turn GURUs... I'd have to look for a way †☺ meet you guys when i get there.. Sincerely after reading much of the threads, i feel a sigh of relieve and grounded and now i have very little to worries about Visa procurement ones i get admitted. Good Job. As Long as OLUWA is Involved, nothing can stop me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phy: 4:00am On Aug 24, 2012
walex57: My first exam in the usa i had a 4.0...A-...Good Start but i want the best....wish me luck guys....USA is sweet ooo but pls pls and pls...dnt get distracted...also for those coming...pls come with an international drivers license....driving exam and lessons should be your first call...you no go see buses like how molue dey for lagos ooo...they have times they come around...get a bus pass but pls try learn how to drive in your state according to your state law...who knows...you may see person wey fit give u awuuf car drive like me grin grin grin grin grin grin

You don't need to post your grades here. Hope when you get a 'C' you will still post such. However, keep your grades high and all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 4:02am On Aug 24, 2012
walex57: My first exam in the usa i had a 4.0...A-...Good Start but i want the best....wish me luck guys....USA is sweet ooo but pls pls and pls...dnt get distracted...also for those coming...pls come with an international drivers license....driving exam and lessons should be your first call...you no go see buses like how molue dey for lagos ooo...they have times they come around...get a bus pass but pls try learn how to drive in your state according to your state law...who knows...you may see person wey fit give u awuuf car drive like me grin grin grin grin grin grin
So true. A car is almost compulsory. Guy, u get mouth o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.