Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,480 members, 7,929,587 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 05:17 PM

How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing (15965 Views)

Exposed:how To Create Your Own Professional JAMB CBT Software No Coding Required / What Would Be Your Economic Policies If You Were The President Of Nigeria? / Test Your Economic Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by aniffy4eva(m): 12:14am On Jan 15, 2013
Well done esere826!
In retrospect, a good number of personal/business/career decisions i've made (and continue to make) were(are) based on a lot of "stuff" you've posted ---> i just never could crystallize them into "workable" passages like you've done tongue.
While i've learnt a lot from your posts, they have also made me appreciate my idiosyncrasies much more..... cheesy

Infact, i owe you crate/carton of whatever you drink (even if na Fanta cheesy )
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ishilove:
shocked cheesy cheesy

Thanks for your very insightful comments

1 Like

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 6:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
AjanleKoko: ^^
Motivational books are good. They get you thinking. But they're not a recipe, a manual to success.
They're meant to change the way you see and act on things around you. Unfortunately, our environment does not equip us to act. We're always looking for a manual/recipe to follow verbatim, and somebody to hold our hand. Must be the British or colonial orientation.

For example, this stuff on this thread. I see many people commending the OP. However, very few people can interpret and use the information sensibly. That's how life is. So they buy a motivational book, and when that doesn't bring millions, they call the writer a fraud. Like Kiyosaki, or some of our motivational-oriented pastors in Nigeria. See how people have made scapegoats out of the likes of Adeboye.

Agree completely. I read and still read motivational books.

1) However, I believe that they should come with a caveat on the 1st page (much like those bank correspondence)explaining that they are not a recipe. This should help young impressionable folks in learning on time that such books are not straight jacket rules to success
2) I also realise that some authors have a lot to give in their first books, however the subsequent ones many times lacks soul. They are more often a strategy to milk more money from the success of the earlier books (i'd do the same).

For example, "The rules of work" by richard templer was an original. It was him letting out his deep thoughts. I find his subsequent book such as "The rule of life"; "the rules of parenting" etc less deep, and more of riding on the success of the first book and milking readers for cash

No hatz to that,but it is not impossible that someone after reading Richard's first book and actually making career headway with the nuggets, goes ahead to apply nuggets from his other books which are (IMO) shallow.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
aniffy4eva: Well done esere826!
In retrospect, a good number of personal/business/career decisions i've made (and continue to make) were(are) based on a lot of "stuff" you've posted ---> i just never could crystallize them into "workable" passages like you've done tongue.
While i've learnt a lot from your posts, they have also made me appreciate my idiosyncrasies much more..... cheesy

From your previous posts on NL, I actually noticed this. Kudos

Infact, i owe you crate/carton of whatever you drink (even if na Fanta cheesy )

I drink gold bars
so, you'll have to think of buying me a carton of those grin

1 Like

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by Ishilove: 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2013
esere826:

Thanks for your very insightful comments
Lwkmd!!! cheesy
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by shawn5ng(m): 9:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
Esere ever since have been coming to NL I only read but no comment but ur piece is second to none. You are very very good at bringing imaginary things into reality.
Kudos to u. U have done a great job bro.
How can we reach u or meet u for further biz advice.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 10:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
shawn5ng: Esere ever since have been coming to NL I only read but no comment but ur piece is second to none. You are very very good at bringing imaginary things into reality.
Kudos to u. U have done a great job bro.
thanks for your comments
I am literally blushing

How can we reach u or meet u for further biz advice.
umh......
Where your money is invested is where your heart lies
most times, its pricey things that are highly valued and which stick with you for a long time grin
sow a seed in the right soil, and you'd be amazed wink
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by iiiyyyk(m): 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
Broda, u are toooo much.
tnx 4 this great work.
i started n finished the tread today.
will continue following.

GOD BLESS U.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2013
iiiyyyk: Broda, u are toooo much.
tnx 4 this great work.
i started n finished the tread today.
will continue following.

GOD BLESS U.

Bless u 2
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 7:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
101) Aiming High (with ganja?),

Relax, I am not about to heat up your andrenalin with inspirational talk or convince you to be a druggygrin

We have been told that the sky is the limit or the begining etc.
We've been taught to also reach out for the stars and beyond etc. This is great stuff, but I'll let you in on something:
"Move beyond talk and follow up with implmentation"

Ever heard of dopamine? Its some biological 'juice' that gives your brain the feeling of satisfaction and motivation.
It is often released when you think or do some stuff.
For example, It is associated with se.xual pleasures/addictions and other forms of addictions eg drugs (forgive my rough sketch of the dopamine effect)
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 7:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
102) Your doapamine and you

Some research (I think i read it in HBR) suggests something interesting around the dopamine effects
It suggests that there is a strong possibility, that when someone talks about something too much,
the persons brain soon starts getting a kick from it, thanks to the dopamine effect.
With the satisfaction that comes from your saying stuff over and over again,
your brain could decieve you, making you handicapped in taking actions (afterall your saying it makes you feels good and comfortable)

Interestingly, from my analysis of studies on the dopamine effect,
you could also equally get addicted to (or satisfaction in) taking success related actions

Can u the reader see a fine line here?
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 7:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
103) High!, High!!, High!!!

Now you know why they say that people who talk about se.x/women too much have no action, and are suffering from konji

Back to the topic.
For those of us who like talking and speaking the WORD (I am partially happily guilty of this) about desired acheivements
You see from my earlier post that there is a need to bridge the 'dope' infested gap between talk and action
Its great to talk yourself into confidence and zeal,
but better still is our ability to move from talking habits to success habits; from "i will" or "I want" to "i do"

Yo've said that you will reach for and surpass the sky, etc
But how do we cross the divide between talk and action?

In the next post, I'll share an experience and discovery of mine that shook the very foundations of what I was blindly comfortable with
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2013
104)

Before I go on, it would be useful to pause at this point and see the webby connections between stuff I have talked about in earlier posts and dopamine.
Things like development of effective habits etc
You can see why when you finally break the couch potato jinx and become a gymn enthusiast, you just keep on doing it
You can see why someone who has been a se.x maniac could gradually become a celibate, and someone who has been celibate can soon become a se.x freak
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by Ishilove: 10:21am On Jan 30, 2013
esere826: 102) Your doapamine and you

Some research (I think i read it in HBR) suggests something interesting around the dopamine effects
It suggests that there is a strong possibility, that when someone talks about something too much,
the persons brain soon starts getting a kick from it, thanks to the dopamine effect.
your brain could decieve you, making you handicapped in taking actions (afterall your saying it makes you feels good and comfortable)

you could also equally get addicted to (or satisfaction in) taking success related actions

I see several fine lines... I must have overdosed. undecided
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 6:07am On Feb 02, 2013
Ishilove:
I see several fine lines... I must have overdosed. undecided
grin naaaa. u've not
if u have, u would only see a blur, and men as trees
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by styca(m): 11:39am On Feb 02, 2013
esere826: 102) Your doapamine and you

i agree with you esere.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 3:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
105) A quick take on dopamine and our ethereal habits
(xtian perspective)

Within the new wealth gospel thinking (i.e. praying to receive wealth, not just as a relaxing form of heavenly communication)
I have seen people that pray and WORD a lot without receiving results or taking actions. They just move on to the next prayer point, and continue
I have also seen people pray and WORD a lot receiving results or just grabbing it by force -some kind of motivation or fire within

I don't really know why this is the case, but maybe my own experience on this matter might help
You could compare it with yours and others to see if they is a pattern that we can all learn from

Many times, when an idea is conceived in me and I start brooding/thinking about it maybe in a long period of time
it gradually becomes too heavy and intensive to stay in the inside of me. I soon find myself naturally talking and 'praying' about it
I become uncomfortable when i measure the gap between my expectation and reality and it seems too large
I become almost panicky, disturbed and restless as long as the gap remains, and thus every part of my being works hard in order to bring things into equilibrium (i.e to narrow the gap)
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2013
106) A quick take on dopamine and our ethereal habits -Volume 2
(xtian perspective)

So I could either
1) fight hard within to reduce my expectation so that it is more acheivable, and I become much calmer, or
2) fight like a bull outside to make my initial expectations real so that I come to a state of rest
Maybe this is what is called motivation. I don't really know

Some times, my brooding/meditating about something can make me so sick that I cannot take any action
because I am too scared to fail and I rationalise that failing means I end up loosing what I want for ever
so I'd rather leave the thoughts in the realms of my mind and nurse it with dopamine satisfaction

ok, make i tok true. Na mostly that sureal woman matter i dey refer to sad

This brings me to a topic I will dicuss after my example on how I bridged the gap between dopamine filled desired versus results. It is called 'action paralysis' and 'analysis paralysis'
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by mysmoothie: 10:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
Excellent job, we are waiting.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 7:28am On Feb 03, 2013
107) Average Joe -My experience

Musing and walking towards class, I looked at the roof of my faculty set against the grey skies
then it visually hit me like thor sent a bolt addressed to me

Rewind to my past:
....I used to pride myself as an average student, the type that is always somewhere in the 50% bracket

Thanks to my mum, I had a great educational foundation. She sent us to the best 'schools' that her money could buy
she fought off my dads push to 'localise' and 'over humble' us
Mum ensured we had access to lots of books growing up -greek myths, roman, african stories, history, shakespaer, how europe underdeveoped africa, wealth of nations etc

My dad finally had his way in dumbing down my school choice sometime in my early life (maybe for financial reasons)
Without making much efforts, I always came out the best in my new academic environment. so i became a local champion (thanks dad)

1 Like

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by Ishilove: 8:31am On Feb 03, 2013
esere826: 107) Average Joe -My experience

Musing and walking towards class, I looked at the roof of my faculty set against the grey skies
then it visually hit me like thor sent a bolt addressed to me

Rewind to my past:
....I used to pride myself as an average student, the type that is always somewhere in the 50% bracket

Thanks to my mum, I had a great educational foundation. She sent us to the best 'schools' that her money could buy
she fought off my dads push to 'localise' and 'over humble' us
Mum ensured we had access to lots of books growing up -greek myths, roman, african stories, history, shakespaer, how europe underdeveoped africa, wealth of nations etc

My dad finally had his way in my school choice sometime in my early life (maybe for financial reasons)
Without making much efforts, I always came out the best in my new academic environment. so i became a local champion (thanks dad)
No wonder you are such a geek. undecided
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 11:32am On Feb 03, 2013
108 ) Average Joe -My Experience Part 2

My mum soon prevailed and got me back to attending good schools

However, it was too late. I had now lost (or failed to develop) a competitive drive
I now had an ability to go to school and listen, avoid assignments, and not read even for exams
I was very confident that no matter what, I wont fail. I boasted to myself that I was extremely smart,
that i didnt need to read to come out average in school. And this was actually so.

(*infact, it was strange seeing people reading so hard then still failing. I think it has something to do with the foundation learning
I enjoin parents to invest in the early life's of their kids, when some major patterns are beginning to form*)

1 Like

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 11:45am On Feb 03, 2013
109) From Middle to Heroe -My experience part 3

I was now and for a long time an average academic student, and one that took great pride in my ability to be average without making much efforts
but as time went on, and my life desires increased, I began to panick that I might be stuck in being average academically for the rest of my life
The guys reading news on CNN, didnt look or sound average, neither did Michael Porter, nor did leaders gathered in Davos ( with the exception of my president GEJ grin)

It was time to reach for the stars, to be a scholar, to be a first class material
Time to move from middle to heroe
afterall, dem no use average take swear for me

my blood come dey boil, my spirit dey vex. How dare who ever, call me average. sheiit!!!
I come dey read well, well to prove a point to myself that my DNA was not marked 'AVERAGE'

But its easier said than done -Headaches, looking so unpleasent to approach because of my serious face, and yet still not achieving the best
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 11:57am On Feb 03, 2013
110) Narrowing the Gap -My Experience Part 4

I was not making much headway in my academic results despite my zeal, and muttering to myself that I can be the best, or I am the best
I wanted the sky, but my results were not improving. I was fighting like a crab in a bucket

untill that day when it hit me:
If you want to reach for the sky, first reach for your roof top
(*na me first tok this thing o. ie copyright. If you use am without permission, I will send drones at u*)

It's so visual that you can touch it.
Remember the tower of babel. It was built from the ground up
It is self explanatory isnt it

So my mind (probably the holy spirit), began to teach me a thing or 2 about reaching for the sky using visual images
This is what he/it thought me .......>
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 12:08pm On Feb 03, 2013
111) Finish, finish then finish (Up the roof you go) -My experience part 5

(This viusal representation would be more powerful if na jand u dey)

When you want to reach for the sky, after shouting yourself hoarse about it
plus speaking in tongue and binding demons join grin

Simply climb your rooftop. That's the first and easiest step
Then look for the next taller building. Climb from your roof to that one

Soon you'll get to the top of the sky scraper. When you get there, you could then think of what next

The advantage of this approach is that you are inching upwards gradually but surely, and can never fall down completely.
If you fall from the roof of the duplex (upstairs), it will only be unto the roof of the flat (downstairs)

Much better than looking at the sky and speaking to it, expecting a spacecraft to come pick you up
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2013
112) Practical academic use

What this empowered me to do academically was this
Instead of seeking perfection at once, and getting flustered. i learnt to build gradually

So when given a 5'000 word task
> I would first write a summary document much less than 5'000 words = guarantees that i pass
> I would conduct a quick general research and write a quick report = ensures that I am in the average range
> I would research deeper and improve or redesign my report = ensures that i am in the top of my game

You can see a practical improvable step forward, and an assurance that you always have something to submit

Befor this insight, what I would do was to get into a frenzy
and try to get a perfect report submitted by doing deep research before writing
at the end of the day, i'd miss deadlines or end up with incrompehensible crap

Now you know how to reach for the sky smiley

1 Like

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by frodobee: 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2013
Why is this guy talking to me like this! (Esere, i didnt know when i screamed that) while i say similar thoughts, i believe you very good in articulation- psychologically that is saying you are more mature. Yes, because the ability to name, is a fact of maturity.
My homeboy, you are a challenge. Oncemore, thanks for the 'web-thinking' and packaging. Lol. Packaging makes sense, unless you never find contract before.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2013
frodobee: Why is this guy talking to me like this! (Esere, i didnt know when i screamed that) while i say similar thoughts, i believe you very good in articulation- psychologically that is saying you are more mature. Yes, because the ability to name, is a fact of maturity.
My homeboy, you are a challenge. Oncemore, thanks for the 'web-thinking' and packaging. Lol. Packaging makes sense, unless you never find contract before.

Thanks for your comments.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2013
113) Introducing Analysis and Action Paralysis

In post #106, I introduced a concept known as action/analysis paralysis. lets talk about it a little bit.

Imagine Adam and Eve in the garden all alone. There was no need for marriage ceremonies.
There was even no description of beauty or masculinity
It was taken for granted that they will have to 'marry' or nack themselves.
Nothing about "she does not have big ikebe", or "he is not generous"
grin

You see it clearly right? smiley
There was simply no choice shikena!!!

Just hold on tightly to this Adam and Eve insight. It has loads of useable implications. We shall continue soon..............
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 2:23pm On Mar 17, 2013
114) Too many options could lead to action paralysis

The moral of the Adam and Eve story is that the fewer the choices, the easier it is for you to act
You tend to have more choices when your thinking ability expands, and you are also more exposed
In analysing these choices, you might soon begin to find gaps/issues with them
The tendency to take a step might soon be extremely difficult as there are too much choices,
plus you see analystical flaws in most or all the choises
....This is what we refer to as action/analysis paralysis

So if you have 'reflector' type xteristics, you might notice that you feel more comfortable just spending time thinking but not acting
When you where in the village, it was easier for you to settle down but since coming to the city and getting richer,
you've been finding it difficult to make a choice
When you start travelling freely around the world with all likeable types of guys or girls available at demand
.......okpari na single u wan be be dat

There is a story about a rat and a lizard watching out for the cat while going about their business.
The rat explained that if the cat showed up, it would run through the hole nearby.
The lizard narrated a lot of ways it could escape.

The cat showed up, and the rat ran through the hole successfully.
The lizard, --well it pondered on which option it should take that would lead to its successful escape grin
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 2:38pm On Mar 17, 2013
115) Implications/utility of the action paralysis phenomenon

I) -Be aware that you might possess this weakness if you are an extremely analytic and reflective person.
Awareness is your problem half solved if you ask me

II) -If you like babe, and she no send u, simply work hard on isolating her from plethora choice of male folks
(..its actually the same effect that jealousy tries to acheive, but in an unpolished way)
For example, convert her to being a member of your church where the members must marry only amongst themselves,
and the other guys in church are all married etc

Now you know why you see some extremely beautiful chiks with wowo guys like me grin

2 Likes

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
116) ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE BELIEVE IT OR NOT

I want to take us through a powerful mind journey. The aim goes beyond motivation. It thugs at the fact that no matter
our current position, we have a billion to infinite possibilities staring us at the face.

If I told you that a poor Nigerian boy can become an American president
you would laugh with scorn.

If I told you that you could be the first man to land in Mars within the next 5 years
the reaction will be the same

If I told you that you could fly or disappear
you'd surmise that I am a joker

If I told you you could become the next Hitler withinn a couple of years
you might say return to sender

But scientifically speaking, all these things are possible despite the slim to almost zero chances for their occurence

.......I'll continue and take us through some rather deep thinking excercise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ajaokuta, Delta Steel Company To Begin Production In 2015, Says Official / Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 / Commercial Banks Offering Collateral Free Loan With 4 Years Repayment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.