Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,210 members, 7,907,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 07:15 AM

NUC Restores Jabu’s Licence - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Restores Jabu’s Licence (867 Views)

NUC Restores JABU's Licence / Jabu Regains Its Licence, After A Week Suspension/2012/2013 Admission In Progres / JABU REGAINS ITS LICENCE, AFTER A WEEK SUSPENSION/2012/2013 ADMISSION IN PROGRES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUC Restores Jabu’s Licence by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
NUC restores JABU’s licence

By Gbenga Omokhunu, Abuja 18/07/2012 00:21:00
Source:The Nation Newspaper

The licence of Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji Arakeji, Osun State, which was suspended by the National Universities Commission (NUC) on July 4, has been restored by the Commission.

A statement issued by the Registrar, Wale Aderibigbe said: “This was made known through a letter from the NUC: NUC/ES/259/Vol.I/219, dated July 16, 2012, duly signed by the Commission Deputy Executive Secretary, A.S. Agbaoye, and addressed to the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Sola Fajana.

“This Press Statement becomes imperative as JABU was among seven private universities, whose licences were suspended by the NUC.

“With this news, the university management, through the help of the Board of Trustees and Governing Council, swung into consultation with the NUC. Coupled with these were several efforts made to align with the Commission’s directives.

“The university management has resumed immediately the 2012/2013 admission process, which was stalled owing to the development. We also use this medium to notify our prospective candidates, who are yet to apply to do so as soon as possible.

“Joseph Ayo Babalola University is poised to provide both moral and intellectual education to our young leaders of tomorrow who pass through its corridors. It is well positioned to coin out a household name for itself, not only in Nigeria, but Africa and the world at large.”
Re: NUC Restores Jabu’s Licence by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 20, 2012
In terms of infrastructure, Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji is far better than many State-Universities. The University is a host to many international scholars. Moreover, the University is not a one-man business like some private Universities in the neighborhood. It is operated by the Christ Apostolic Church World-wide. Suspending JABU's license for test-running a low tuition part-time programme (designed for the masses of this country) is indeed a cheap blackmail against such a reputable and promising Institution.
Re: NUC Restores Jabu’s Licence by Dignitary: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
That is it!!!

Out of all the suspended universities, it's only JABU that declared publicly they will comply to NUC's directive and ensure they put things right...

All other universities kept mute except LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY. Infact, at the House of Reps committee meeting,members of the committee decried LEAD CITY's posture as to not contacting NUC when other universities had done so.

Instead of looking for ways to get out of the logjam,LEAD CITY has been making d loudest noise and shouting of victimisation and persecution.

We all know that NUC is not perfect...But yet,I think they are right on lead city. Even if their motivation is based on the apparent animosity between NUC boss and the owner of Lead City..

The question one is won't to ask is, are they guilty of all they have been alleged? The answer is YES. I know the Uni inside out and I can verily say that inasmuch as they have some crop of brilliant students...A large majority of their students are not worthy to be University undergraduates not to talk of being graduates. Hence, I think their admission process needs to be reviewed.

I must also note that the over reliance on sabbatical lecturers is also no good for the university's image. I will not want to delve into the high number of yahoo boys and aristo babes in the school...that is obviously in virtually other uni's too. But the worrisome thing about that of Leadcity is the high number of these crop of students and it tends to give u the impression that the number of such students are high because their academics is less challenging. But yet,what do u get when there is more emphasis on profit making than academic excellence? Universities in more saner climes are established not because of profit making...because in the real sense of it,it's hard to make money from universities! But in Nig, d situation is different...ppl now see Universities as an easy way to make money overnight.

Nevertheless,NUC should extend their tentacles to other universities too...Especially State Universities!!!

I know Lead City University students will rain thunder and brimstone on me for this...but pls,in doing so,remember I am very much entitled to my opinion. Feel free to express yours too. Thanks
Re: NUC Restores Jabu’s Licence by Dignitary: 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
[against such a reputable and promising Institution.[/quote]

At the moment,promising institution? Maybe Yes. Reputable? No.

Check the meaning of "reputable". The word should not be used anyhow. I wish JABU the very best in the future.

(1) (Reply)

DR John Henrik Clarke - The Afrikan World Under Seige / Check If You Are Among 6,345 Shortlisted Students To Gateway Poly Saapade . / 2013 Utme E-reg Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.