Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,402 members, 7,881,466 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:25 PM

Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) (12380 Views)

The Gift Permanent Secretary Ministry Of Culture And Tourism Gave To PMB (Pics) / Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec / PDP Officially Bars Sylva From Running As Bayelsa Governor - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:01am On Jul 21, 2012
Governor Seriake dickson went ahead today to swear in wife of Nigeria’s president, Dame Patience Jonathan as one of the new permanent secretaries in the president’s state of Bayelsa, ignoring an array of public condemnations.

At the ceremony today [July 20], d*1*c;kson insisted that he had “done nothing wrong and illegal” and that Mrs. Jonathan merited the post. Unlike the other permanent secretaries, d*1*c;kson did not announce a portfolio for her, saying it would be done at a later date.

Many Nigerians, including opposition politicians have condemned the appointment in strong terms.

Dame Patience Jonathan's Response To Her New PERM SEC Office:

In her response after the swearing-in, Dame Patience Jonathan justified her acceptance of the promotion to the office of a Permanent Secretary in the civil service of the Bayelsa State government saying that outside her role as the wife of the President she deserves and reserves the right to pursue her career to its heights.

She said that she wasn’t the first person in such position in the world or the country to pursue a career outside her role as a wife of a political office holder.

She said that she was last promoted 13 years ago even though she had been working in the state as a teacher before transferring her service to the ministry of education.

She disclosed that she had been working as a teacher before she met her husband who was her lecturer in school. She wondered what the uproar about her appointment was all about when her role as the First lady of the federation was not even constitutional and the fact has been drummed to her hearing by several people.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by tpia5: 3:39am On Jul 21, 2012
if she needs staff, i dey oh.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by antitpiah: 6:38am On Jul 21, 2012
tpia@:
if she needs staff, i dey oh.

What can you do?
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by floriana(m): 7:25am On Jul 21, 2012
JAMB questions:

1. What was Patience teaching those students who were unfortunate to sit in her classroom?

2. What was the language of communication?

3. Has any know ex-student of Patience or GEJ made a successful career in any field of endeavour?

4. Did Jonathan favour Patience over more brilliant students (if any) in his own class?

5. Was GEJ involved in sex-for-marks that boomeranged and eventually resulted in marriage?

6. What would have happened to Nigeria if GEJ did not have a PhD and Patience did not have a Bsc?

7. Is governor Seriake Dickson just an ordinary son of a dickk afterall?

8. Who is the alpha male, the 'head of house' in the Goodluck big brother house; GEJ or Patience?

9. How much more steupidity are we likely to see before the year 2015?

10. Now that Jonathan has shoes and he is still not walking well, what will he tell us in 2015?. I have no pants?

Attempt all!

19 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by mmalove(f): 7:53am On Jul 21, 2012
lol, how much?
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:56am On Jul 21, 2012
RICHIE BOI:
She disclosed that she had been working as a teacher before she met her husband who was her lecturer in school.

I guess that should be at Gbagaun Secondary school... grin

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by DExplorer1: 7:57am On Jul 21, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by dazo01: 7:57am On Jul 21, 2012
Finding a means of eliminating BH insurgency should have been the best thing to be debated by GEJ and his wife not undeserved appointment.Mtchew!
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by ab1x: 7:59am On Jul 21, 2012
@ floriana

These questions are too complex

smiley
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 21, 2012
What exactly is she doing though? Doesn't the First Lady have duties and appearances to be making? How does she have time to be First Lady and Bayelsa Permanent Secretary? That's not even including mother and wife.
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by pauloman(m): 8:01am On Jul 21, 2012
This country is full of so much drama !
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by greatgod2012(f): 8:03am On Jul 21, 2012
i just dey laughhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 21, 2012
Our pride of ijaw land DAME P. GEJ should be congratulated and not critisized. Its not easy to attain the position of permanent secretary. This would bring FRESH AIR to the Bayelsa state civil service as her presence will conjure diligence to work by others. Let's continue to pray for Nigeria cos the crop of future leaders coming up will be worse than the past. *make I sip my ogogro abeg, fresh fish peppersoup dey fire***

LIVE from Otueke waterside.

Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by killuminati(m): 8:07am On Jul 21, 2012
this guy is a d*ckheAd

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by samkoro: 8:07am On Jul 21, 2012
ogugua88: What exactly is she doing though? Doesn't the First Lady have duties and appearances to be making? How does she have time to be First Lady and Bayelsa Permanent Secretary? That's not even including mother and wife.

There is no such thing as first lady in nigerian constitution.With this state job now,she has a job.At worst u call it humility
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by Generalpipe1: 8:07am On Jul 21, 2012
floriana: JAMB questions:

1. What was Patience teaching those students who were unfortunate to sit in her classroom?

2. What was the language of communication?

3. Has any know ex-student of Patience or GEJ made a successful career in any field of endeavour?

4. Did Jonathan favour Patience over more brilliant students (if any) in his own class?

5. Was GEJ involved in sex-for-marks that boomeranged and eventually resulted in marriage?

6. What would have happened to Nigeria if GEJ did not have a PhD and Patience did not have a Bsc?

7. Is governor Seriake Dickson just an ordinary son of a dickk afterall?

8. Who is the alpha male, the 'head of house' in the Goodluck big brother house; GEJ or Patience?

10. Now that Jonathan has shoes and he is still not walking well, what will he tell us in 2015?. I have no pants?

Attempt all!
In addition to ur questions. Since she is now awear that her office is not constitutional. Why is she always moving all about nigeria with so much security personel even more than those that are constitutional?, why was the 3rd mainland bridge blocked the other day?, How wil she run this office effectively from abuja? Is there no other qualified personel in bayelsa civil service,? Why do wil keep on enriching the rich when we have so many young ad inteligent unemployed graduate So many question waiting for answer. GOD DELIVER MY DEAR COUNTRY NIGERIA AND GIVE US A WISE LEADER AS SOLOMON.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by frankcimc(m): 8:08am On Jul 21, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]JAMB questions: make I try ans some of this questions bra.

1. What was Patience teaching those students who were unfortunate to sit in her classroom? how to pin down their male lecturers.

2. What was the language of communication? Pigin.

3. Has any know ex-student of Patience or GEJ made a successful career in any field of endeavour? have not seen any on nairaland yet, maybe dem dey shy to confirm themself

4. Did Jonathan favour Patience over more brilliant students (if any) in his own class? I am not sure GEJ is a nice man but proberbly let her lover go with "let my ppl go" result instead of repeating.

5. Was GEJ involved in sex-for-marks that boomeranged and eventually resulted in marriage? Tough question

6. What would have happened to Nigeria if GEJ did not have a PhD and Patience did not have a Bsc? I am not sure there will be much different is all the same.

7. Is governor Seriake Dickson just an ordinary son of a afterall? I think a confuse one afterall.

8. Who is the alpha male, the 'head of house' in the Goodluck big brother house; GEJ or Patience? One can tell from the way the scene is unfolding.

9. How much more steupidity are we likely to see before the year 2015? A lot more

10. Now that Jonathan has shoes and he is still not walking well, what will he tell us in 2015?. I have no pants? Boko boys rape and disfigure....

Attempt all!
JAMB questions: make I try ans some of this questions bra.

1. What was Patience teaching those students who were unfortunate to sit in her classroom? how to pin down their lecturers.

3. Has any know ex-student of Patience or GEJ made a successful career in any field of endeavour? have not seen any on nairaland yet, maybe dem dey shy to confirm themself

4. Did Jonathan favour Patience over more brilliant students (if any) in his own class? I am not sure GEJ is a nice man but proberbly let her lover go with "let my ppl go" result instead of repeating.

7. Is governor Seriake Dickson just an ordinary son of a afterall?

Attempt all!
JAMB questions: make I try ans some of this questions bra.

1. What was Patience teaching those students who were unfortunate to sit in her classroom? how to pin down their lecturers.

7. Is governor Seriake Dickson just an ordinary son of a afterall?

Attempt all!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 21, 2012
bbpreye: Our pride of ijaw land DAME P. GEJ should be congratulated and not critisized. Its not easy to attain the position of permanent secretary. This would bring FRESH AIR to the Bayelsa state civil service as her presence will conjure diligence to work by others. Let's continue to pray for Nigeria cos the crop of future leaders coming up will be worse than the past. *make I sip my ogogro abeg, fresh fish peppersoup dey fire***

It can't be that difficult if the person trying to attain the position is the First Lady of Nigeria.
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by freeman11(m): 8:10am On Jul 21, 2012
bbpreye: Our pride of ijaw land DAME P. GEJ should be congratulated and not critisized. Its not easy to attain the position of permanent secretary. This would bring FRESH AIR to the Bayelsa state civil service as her presence will conjure diligence to work by others. Let's continue to pray for Nigeria cos the crop of future leaders coming up will be worse than the past. *make I sip my ogogro abeg, fresh fish peppersoup dey fire***

Dey sip ogogoro, ur children go also dey sip ogogoro up to ur final generation sitting down at otueke waterside. No be cause. But if u dey sip ogogoro when ur house dey burn then i pity u. How many more bayelsans sef dey with? *rhetoric*
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 21, 2012
samkoro: There is no such thing as first lady in nigerian constitution.With this state job now,she has a job.At worst u call it humility

But still, she was making appearances and such as a First Lady, otherwise why give her a stage and microphone? It's not even like she wants it included in the Constitution for duty purposes. If that was the case, we'd be supporting her.
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by samkoro: 8:12am On Jul 21, 2012
dazo01: Finding a means of eliminating BH insurgency should have been the best thing to be debated by GEJ and his wife not undeserved appointment.Mtchew!

Is GEJ God? Have u been able to eliminate rats,cocroaches,and ants from your house?
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by festusfeezy(m): 8:12am On Jul 21, 2012
dame patience carry go notin do u.....if i estarblish my ministry i go appoint u as my permannt sec.
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by poweredcom(m): 8:12am On Jul 21, 2012

Noneseeennnsee sentiments from people like you won't make dis nation go anywhere

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by subtleb: 8:17am On Jul 21, 2012
The problem we re facing in dis country is far more beyond her being appointed as PS.
What i think we nigerian need is dat an IQ Test should be included as part of the requirement to choose those to serve in major offices, right from d Presidency to local govt.
Hmm well it means dat PS is now more of a title rather dan a call for duty.
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by abolo: 8:17am On Jul 21, 2012
I congratulate the Governor of Bayelsa state for appointing me as a Permanent Secretary. May his soul rest in peace.

7 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by DExplorer1: 8:22am On Jul 21, 2012
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by pauloman(m): 8:24am On Jul 21, 2012
ogugua88:

But still, she was making appearances and such as a First Lady, otherwise why give her a stage and microphone? It's not even like she wants it included in the Constitution for duty purposes. If that was the case, we'd be supporting her.

Oh she does want her frst lady role constituitionalised because as she argued she wants to be getting her benefits after serving as one...i guess that was why the perm sec position was arranged for her to get her her benefits from there after service. Go figure.... !

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 21, 2012
*sipping more ogogoro** my eyes are tipsy rite nw, so I can't answer u cos I mite grammertisize ur medula oblangata! Make I inhale more FRESH AIR joooor! Otueke river is so calm today.

poweredcom:

Noneseeennnsee sentiments from people like you won't make dis nation go anywhere
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by pauloman(m): 8:27am On Jul 21, 2012
subtleb: The problem we re facing in dis country is far more beyond her being appointed as PS.
What i think we nigerian need is dat an IQ Test should be included as part of the requirement to choose those to serve in major offices, right from d Presidency to local govt.
Hmm well it means dat PS is now more of a title rather dan a call for duty.

U can say that again...!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by Diligence: 8:32am On Jul 21, 2012
I am so proud of this woman
She supports her husband with ultimate passion and gets results
She is strong, and loves this country
And here again, blazing the trail, she becomes the very first First Lady
Who condescends (by context, considerg our environment) to serve her state
With all vigour and earnestness
She is qualified for the job and the constitution supports and in fact admires her ever readiness willingness to serve
All the time, she reminds me of 'The Pledge' ...

Nne gaa niru, egwu adiro...kama ndi-ilo jee kwua udoo!
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by Elueme: 8:33am On Jul 21, 2012
[quote author=ogugua88]What exactly is she doing though? Doesn't the First Lady have duties and appearances to be making? How does she have time to be First Lady and Bayelsa Permanent Secretary? That's not even including mother and wife.[/quote) Pokenoser, is she complaining? Why your pant they tear for another person matter.....
Re: Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) by Elueme: 8:43am On Jul 21, 2012
Why cry over what you can't change? If you can't beat them, you join them by so ,your own may come to you.. We have called this lady all sorts rather she makes more headlines ... It is not easy o, madam patience am loyal o, lol... On a serious note, we should rejoice with her as she makes progress in life cos beefing her can only cause your BP to rise... A bi una never hear say ' who God bless let no man curse'?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Industrial Court Holds Session For Ocholi / Governors Accuse Jonathan’s Govt Of Importing Substandard Rice During Elections / Security Agents Close In On Quit Notice Sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.