Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,305 members, 7,936,894 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 07:08 AM

Please Help Save My Gsd Puppy - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help Save My Gsd Puppy (955 Views)

MY GSD Is Tired Of Crunched Noodles. Can I Feed It With Eba? / My Gsd Just Gave Birth To 8 Pups, Avalible For Sale / Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Save My Gsd Puppy by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
Good evening,
i own a german sheperd otherwise known as alsatian dog, he's 11 weeks old, ever since i bought have never had any serious reason(s) to take him see a vet for an ailment except for its usual vacination.
two days back i changed his diet, i decided to blend garlic with his food (learnt it helps to prevent fleas and ticks). he ate it the food well, in the evening i gave him thesame food. this morning as i went to open his cage, he quickly ran out to there he poops and vomitted some sort of saliva and i noticed his stomach was making some sort of sound...

to all dog owners/vets
Re: Please Help Save My Gsd Puppy by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2012
(contd)
i never thought its something serious since its his first time of vomitting. so immidiately i gave him egg and milk, to avoid dehydration. fews minutes latter, i gave him his food (rice+blended (meat and potato + garlic)) . but few hours latter i went back to his cage to see the food spilled on the ground, beat him and cleaned up the cage. gave him another food and locked him up, it was not until the evening that i saw him vomit the food unchuned. immidiately i gave him egg and milk watched him for few minutes before i left him. later on when i went back to his cage, he has vomitted....
PLEASE HAS ANYONE EVER HAD SIMILAR ISSUE WITH HIS/HER DOG? WHAT CAN I DO TO SAVE HIM, AM AFRAID HE'S GOING TO DIE OVERNIGHT. HE HASNT BEING ABLE TO GET ANY FOOD DIGESTED INTO HIS STOMACH TODAY.
Re: Please Help Save My Gsd Puppy by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
not sure i can see a vet until monday....still waiting for your comments
Re: Please Help Save My Gsd Puppy by ValueAddin: 10:00am On Jul 26, 2012
Hello Ondo Boi,
Never feed a dog garlic or onions......just go online and see how the clove family is bad for dogs.....the period i even rubbed my dog with garlic to kill and deter fleas....he fell seriously ill afterwards with serious vomiting as well.
Your above post just reinforces the belief that garlic is bad....even if it is to be taken it has to be in very minute quantities. In this case I will tell you to best avoid.

(1) (Reply)

Rising Price Of Dollar & Its Effect On K9 Food.your Thoughts. / One Female Caucasian Puppy Left. / Lhasa Apso For Sale At Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.