Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,531 members, 7,917,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:19 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (926825 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Chartey(m): 3:42pm On Apr 30, 2018
Chartey:
People please o.

1.) How can a P1519 (Idle Air Control Valve) error in a Honda baby boy be fixed?

2.) Please what can be responsible for warmth coming from the engine/under the dashboard when driving?
Abeg na Luvinhubby, gazzuzz, nurey
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
luvinhubby:

That is trying to blame the vehicle and manufacturer for poor driving and maintenance culture.

Whether the user is to blame or the driver, the good thing is that whether it is excessive oil consumption in the I4 or the V6, Honda stood by their products.

For the I4, it offered the following remedy

If consumption is 1 one quart every 1,000 to 3,000 miles, the company may require more tests and higher levels of approval before offering repairs. If the consumption rate is more than 1 quart per 1,000 miles, Honda will rebuild the engine to replace the piston rings and may replace the engine block, if it is also damaged.

For the V6, it offered the following remedy

It offered reprogramming of the PCM to fix the problem with the VCM that caused the oil consumption as well as issued a TSB on the issue SB 13-078

But see also my post dated June 29, 2017 here https://www.nairaland.com/3811331/dealership-level-diagnostics-honda-1996/1#57939558
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by arduino: 10:00am On May 01, 2018
For the love of Accords

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by FKBZ: 5:00pm On May 01, 2018
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:31pm On May 01, 2018
FKBZ:
Good evening all,

Please help me noticed my car showing battery sign,parked it ,tried to on it again it didn't on.
Prior to this the lights were suddenly dim,radio stopped working....that very day when I was driving...

I thought it was the battery,but people are telling me it's the alternator that burn(tyriod)not sure of the spelling...
Please what should I do before they gbam mi...
Battery isn't up to a year
Honda accord Dc 4plugs

Obvious your alternator has packed up, the car electrical system was running on the battery directy and drained it.

Get another alternator and possibly another battery if your battery was a maintainance free type.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 12:31pm On May 02, 2018
Hello Mr. Luvinhubby,

My Honda Accord 2005 sometimes wont drive while on D .

will have to move the gear to Neutral or park, turn off Engine and start again, move the gear to D then it drives.

What could be the issue please.

NB: Gear moves and select normal. the challenge happens once a while when Idle and about to move. (Example - GoSlow)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:45pm On May 02, 2018
Vbabs:
Hello Mr. Luvinhubby,

My Honda Accord 2005 sometimes wont drive while on D .

will have to move the gear to Neutral or park, turn off Engine and start again, move the gear to D then it drives.

What could be the issue please.

NB: Gear moves and select normal. the challenge happens once a while when Idle and about to move. (Example - GoSlow)

The gear disengages itself.

Scan first.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 5:47pm On May 02, 2018
Please what's the recommended automatic transmission fluid for Honda Accord 2004 v4...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 7:35pm On May 02, 2018
turok:
Please what's the recommended automatic transmission fluid for Honda Accord 2004 v4...

Use Honda DW1

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebestprice(m): 8:45pm On May 02, 2018
turok:
use oando dextron II , the blue rubber very good.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebestprice(m): 8:48pm On May 02, 2018
luvinhubby:

Obvious your alternator has packed up, the car electrical system was running on the battery directy and drained it.

Get another alternator and possibly another battery if your battery was a maintainance free type.
your alternator may have no major issue. it could be that the diode is burnt or having poor contact. I suggest you get to a professional rewire and have him check the alternator diode. you can change it for 5k tokunbo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:01pm On May 02, 2018
thebestprice:

shocked shocked

Doubt if you drive or repair Honda cars.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 9:27pm On May 02, 2018
What other alternative in case I didn't get the Honda DW1
mayor2013:

Use Honda DW1
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 9:51pm On May 02, 2018
turok:
What other alternative in case I didn't get the Honda DW1

Use other alternative(s) at your own detriment
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebestprice(m): 9:58pm On May 02, 2018
luvinhubby:

shocked shocked

works good. try it and don't live under the limitations of great
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebestprice(m): 9:58pm On May 02, 2018
luvinhubby:

shocked shocked

works good. try it and don't live under the limitations of fear. this is a professional advice.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:04pm On May 02, 2018
thebestprice:
works good. try it and don't live under the limitations of fear. this is a professional advice.

Your advice says Dextron II, Honda manual says DW1, in the absence of it, Dextron III can be used temporalily till you get the DW1.

Trying to understand your professional advice that runs contrary to manufacturers manual.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:07pm On May 02, 2018
thebestprice:
your alternator may have no major issue. it could be that the diode is burnt or having poor contact. I suggest you get to a professional rewire and have him check the alternator diode. you can change it for 5k tokunbo

Panacea for an overcharging alternator.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebestprice(m): 6:36am On May 04, 2018
luvinhubby:

Your advice says Dextron II, Honda manual says DW1, in the absence of it, Dextron III can be used temporalily till you get the DW1.

Trying to understand your professional advice that runs contrary to manufacturers manual.
o typo ish' I omitted the remaining 'I' sorry dear it's the"RED oando Dextron III" BETTER THAN ANY OTHER OVER HYPED PRODUCT OUT THERE
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:46am On May 04, 2018
thebestprice:
o typo ish' I omitted the remaining 'I' sorry dear it's the"RED oando Dextron III" BETTER THAN ANY OTHER OVER HYPED PRODUCT OUT THERE

thebestprice:

That was your earlier post, indicating the BLUE CAN, was that a typo also?

Stop giving people unprofessional advice, Honda never recommended DextronII, the III is a temporary measure till you get the Dw1 and anything you put inside a gear box, including Visco 2000 engine oil will work 'fine', but for how long?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 2:59pm On May 04, 2018
okay

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 3:07pm On May 04, 2018
jimohibrahim:

Hi luvinhubby
Please I need help oo, my car was stolen and recorvered back, but the Armed robbers didn't drop the keys, and now I'm told I have to reprogram it.. How much will that cost?

I can do it for you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by diportivo: 6:39pm On May 04, 2018
thebestprice:

legalwealth.....is that u?

cc gazzuzz, obekediamondfuto, thebigkendo,banky3w et all
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 6:54pm On May 04, 2018
AutoElectNG:

I can do it for you.

Contact me on WhatsApp //234//805//547//7646

Just asking for how much it will cost me..i have a spare but it's just the key no remote on it.. Just for iron key.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:00pm On May 04, 2018
jimohibrahim:

Hi luvinhubby
Please I need help oo, my car was stolen and recorvered back, but the Armed robbers didn't drop the keys, and now I'm told I have to reprogram it.. How much will that cost?

Ignition with key - 15,000
Programming - 8,000
Resetting - 5,000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:01pm On May 04, 2018
diportivo:

legalwealth.....is that u?
cc gazzuzz, obekediamondfuto, thebigkendo,banky3w et all
that is definitely legalwealth.... the service champion

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 7:44pm On May 04, 2018
jimohibrahim:

Just asking for how much it will cost me..i have a spare but it's just the key no remote on it.. Just for iron key.

Vehicle details
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 8:09pm On May 04, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Vehicle details
2006 Honda accord
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 10:10am On May 05, 2018
jimohibrahim:

2006 Honda accord

Thirty five thousand
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by teeboy99: 8:41pm On May 05, 2018
thebestprice:
AH! special adviser leleyi o. Is that what the manufacturer says?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CoolKizzy(m): 1:31am On May 08, 2018
hello luvinhubby, good morning. my mechanic said I'll change my camber bushing, the four of them. please how much will it cost?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:31am On May 08, 2018
CoolKizzy:
hello luvinhubby, good morning. my mechanic said I'll change my camber bushing, the four of them. please how much will it cost?

Vehicle year and type.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (440) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.