Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,713 members, 7,882,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:02 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (914005 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by texasbullet(m): 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
Gurus in the house, my accord 2005 was scanned today to know why check engine light is on, and this is what we got.

P0135
02 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1

P0141
02 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2

Pls perfect solution thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by opomulero(m): 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2018
please what is the normal rpl of eod 2003 @ idle and normal rpm when AC is On.

mine is @ 1000 rpm idle and @500 rpm when AC is on.

when d AC is On the engine will be shaking a little.

is this normal.

Secondly,
the eod has single cell radiator and the fan starts rolling when the key is on ACC.
i thought d fan should pick up automatically when its hot enough..what can i do to rectify this issue.

kindly assist cara expert in the house.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 11:32pm On Aug 02, 2018
texasbullet:
Gurus in the house, my accord 2005 was scanned today to know why check engine light is on, and this is what we got.

P0135

P0141

O2 sensors are bad. Sight chance it might be a wire but almost 100% it's the oxygen sensors.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:33am On Aug 03, 2018
opomulero:
please what is the normal rpl of eod 2003 @ idle and normal rpm when AC is On.

mine is @ 1000 rpm idle and @500 rpm when AC is on.

when d AC is On the engine will be shaking a little.

is this normal.

Secondly,
the eod has single cell radiator and the fan starts rolling when the key is on ACC.
i thought d fan should pick up automatically when its hot enough..what can i do to rectify this issue.

kindly assist cara expert in the house.

Should be same, 1000, with or without the AC being on. Your throttle needs attention, either cleaned out or replaced.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2018
radautoworks:

O2 sensors are bad. Sight chance it might be a wire but almost 100% it's the oxygen sensors.

Have even seen bad catalyst trigger check engine light for O2 sensor.
Replacement is the only option.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:37am On Aug 03, 2018
Elipsis:
I never knew a thread like this existed!

I'm sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been answered previously, but I really need help.

I recently bought a Honda CRV, 2003 model and it's been one headache to another. I've not even been able to enjoy the car.

Recently, the car started having some issues to start. I'll turn the ignition severally and it won't even make a sound, talkess of starting...(you know how a car does when it's on D or R).

The mechanic I consulted checked it and said there's something wrong with the kickstarter. He had to loosen it and he discovered it was a problem with the solenoid or something.

I've changed the solenoid but the problem still persists. I'm at a loss on what to do now. Could it be another thing that's making the car behave like this? The annoying thing is that it doesn't happen every time.

I tried to start it when i called the last electrician and the car started one hand. It was now as if I didn't know what I saying. I also noticed that there's something draining the battery of the car. Could it still be related to the same kick starter problem?

Please tech gurus, help a brother out.

Just get a replacement kickstarter.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2018
texasbullet:

P0135

P0141

Is this a 4 or 6 cylinder so I can tell you the exact sensors and price you should expect to pay to change it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by texasbullet(m): 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2018
radautoworks:

Is this a 4 or 6 cylinder so I can tell you the exact sensors and price you should expect to pay to change it?

It's 4 cylinder

And am thinking the catalyst of the car has been removed how can I know if the catalyst is there and ok
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 1:00am On Aug 04, 2018
texasbullet:

It's 4 cylinder

And am thinking the catalyst of the car has been removed how can I know if the catalyst is there and ok

If your catalytic converter had been removed, your exhaust will be louder, you might see dark smoke and if you look underneath, there will be a gap in your exhaust or a missing bulge where it should have been.

OE oxygen sensor N41,610 6 month warranty in stock http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=OXY&partNumber=234-4797

Labor 0.9hrs= N4,500

There is also an alternate sensor by red line that's much cheaper but it's universal and doesn't come with a warranty. It will also take 6-10 days to arrive.

That is the absolute maximum you should expect to pay. You may be able to get cheaper parts elsewhere.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:28am On Aug 04, 2018
I am loving this grin please price of catalytic converter
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by texasbullet(m): 4:34am On Aug 04, 2018
radautoworks:

If your catalytic converter had been removed, your exhaust will be louder, you might see dark smoke and if you look underneath, there will be a gap in your exhaust or a missing bulge where it should have been.

OE oxygen sensor N41,610 6 month warranty in stock http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=OXY&partNumber=234-4797

Labor 0.9hrs= N4,500

There is also an alternate sensor by red line that's much cheaper but it's universal and doesn't come with a warranty. It will also take 6-10 days to arrive. :-

That is the absolute maximum you should expect to pay. You may be able to get cheaper parts elsewhere.

The bulge is there, no black smoke and no gap it's means it's only the 02 sensor that is bad. cool
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by texasbullet(m): 4:34am On Aug 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
I am loving this grin please price of catalytic converter

angry tongue
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 4:46am On Aug 04, 2018
texasbullet:

The bulge is there, no black smoke and no gap it's means it's only the 02 sensor that is bad. cool

Sweet! Didn't think it was missing. You'd have noticed.
Without seeing your car and the info I have, best guess is downstream O2 sensor. Might want to ask luvinhubby what other symptoms were in the one he experienced that ended up being catalytic converter. Nothing suggests that to me though with what you've said.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2018
jimohibrahim:
Okay seems the bosses are available lately..
Plz I'm having problem with a my care jacking whenever I want to rev above 3000 and my mechanic said its the oil sensor or oil filter.. Check image below.. He keeps washing it say dirts keeps getting into it even though I changed the oil filter..

When o park it after an hour or more it's drives normal for few minutes and started again, so I bought a new one when I was about to travel from Abuja to Osogbo but now I'm in Osogbo and it has started again... I seriously don't know what to do. Please help.. Any suggestions.

Thanks

I use 2006 Honda accord

My rewire figured it out and everything is smooth now

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by pejuakinab: 8:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
Kelvin30286063:

No one checked the throttled body sir. They keep checking plug and fuel pump.
A mechanic even said I need to change my engine. I got really mad cuz this car is only a few months old and the engine is super new.

Service the nussle and I believe it'll solve d problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:58pm On Aug 05, 2018
jimohibrahim:

My rewire figured it out and everything is smooth now

1 of 2 things happened.

1. there was a loose connection and he fixed or replaced the harness.

2. he bypassed the Pressure switch on the VTECH system, and fooled the computer to thinking all is well.

Let's just hope it is 1.

if It is 2, short term engine will throw a rod.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 12:28am On Aug 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

1 of 2 things happened.

1. there was a loose connection and he fixed or replaced the harness.

2. he bypassed the Pressure switch on the VTECH system, and fooled the computer to thinking all is well.

Let's just hope it is 1.

if It is 2, short term engine will throw a rod.

he only replaced the solenoid switch
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Miroslavklose: 8:30pm On Aug 11, 2018
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:26am On Aug 12, 2018
Beats my imagination why some car owners will allow oil life drop as low as zero before changing their oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kashif(m): 8:52am On Aug 12, 2018
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kashif(m): 9:01am On Aug 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

excellent!

I once went to the market to buy that transmission, the seller showed me 2 units still attached to their engines, one of the transmissions did not look stock, I was inquisitive and told them to detach the transmission from the engine, I noticed on the torque converter, there was a sticker that stated transmission was rebuilt in 2017 cheesy @ over 200,000 miles, I did a quick vin check, and noticed the difference between sale mileage and rebuild mileage was less than 10,000miles. I grabbed it quickly and it's running fine till date. Seems the accord, MDX and other variants of V6 for that same year required a rebuild around the 200,000 mile marker

LOL! Oga Why you go grab the rebuilt one na? Shebi una talk say used sure pass cheesy But that must be the torque converter rebuild date, and not that of the transmission. It means the transmission rebuild date is even more recent than that.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by loodba: 9:45am On Aug 12, 2018
Can gurus in the house pls advice regarding yhe solution my car is accord 2004
Warm regards

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
luvinhubby:
Beats my imagination why some car owners will allow oil life drop as low as zero before changing their oil.

Some of us use synthetic oil, so we will not change oil when oil life gets to zero at 2000miles with engine oil still very neat.. We will reset the oil life and continue till 4-5k miles grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Miroslavklose: 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

Some of us use synthetic oil, so we will not change oil when oil life gets to zero at 2000miles with engine oil still very neat.. We will reset the oil life and continue till 4-5k miles grin grin

Sometimes mine doesn't get to 2000 before oil life gets to 15%, but I change immediately, despite using Castro and other Synthetic 5w-20 engine oil, but say in 3 months time.

I drive 140miles per week. Home to work, work to home, then Sunday church runs
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

OK oo cool
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2018
Miroslavklose:

Sometimes mine doesn't get to 2000 before oil life gets to 15%, but I change immediately, despite using Castro and other Synthetic 5w-20 engine oil, but say in 3 months time.

I drive 140miles per week. Home to work, work to home, then Sunday church runs

Too much money..
Bro you are helping the economy oil seller but not helping the environment
140 * 12 = 1680 +500 miles for traffic & idling = 2180miles,
2180 miles btw oil change is an overkill If you are using synthetic oil... My opinion though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Miroslavklose: 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

Too much money..
Bro you are helping the economy oil seller but not helping the environment
140 * 12 = 1680 +500 miles for traffic & idling = 2180miles,
2180 miles btw oil change is an overkill If you are using synthetic oil... My opinion though
By the 3rd Month, I'm already having service engine indicator
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 3:52am On Aug 13, 2018
thebigkendo:

That's dangerous though. These new cars know when they need it even if mileage never each.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 3:53am On Aug 13, 2018
Miroslavklose:

By the 3rd Month, I'm already having service engine indicator

Try a different oil. Try Carquest and see. And I'm not just plugging here.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 4:42am On Aug 13, 2018
radautoworks:

That's dangerous though. These new cars know when they need it even if mileage never each.

I no care wetin the cars know oh, me I no go change synthetic oil at 2k miles
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Singlesoul401: 5:10am On Aug 13, 2018
Please guys I need help me Honda baby boy 2000 is showing abs light dashboard also it consume fuel . What could be the problem
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:58am On Aug 13, 2018
thebigkendo:

Same here, that honda counter nah scam grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (437) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.