Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,776 members, 7,915,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:44 PM

Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) (1500 Views)

2011/2012 Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Post Ume Date / Two Nigerians Make Cnn Multichoice African Journalist Awards Final List / CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by FSU: 4:27am On Jul 22, 2012
Please don't ask me his nairaland name, but his real name is Ahaoma Kanu. He is a journalist with National Daily, and he is from Abia Stategrin grin grin grin grin
He is also involved heavily in the DSAN initiative.

This award ceremony held earlier today in Lusaka Zambia.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by Afam4eva(m): 4:57am On Jul 22, 2012
Why tell us that he's a Nairalander if you can't tell us his username. Abeg, park well jo.
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by tpia5: 5:12am On Jul 22, 2012
if you cant reveal his user name then dont mention the fact that he's a nler.
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by musiwa45: 5:19am On Jul 22, 2012
did he win based on the lies he told on nairaland. most of this people on nairaland tell lies..
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by Afam4eva(m): 5:21am On Jul 22, 2012
Musiwa, pls use yourr satelite pictures to find out his Nairraland userrname.
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by antitpiah: 5:37am On Jul 22, 2012
Thats Onlytruth,

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by Kobojunkie: 5:47am On Jul 22, 2012
A Journalist with National Daily , here on Nairaland? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by tpia5: 5:55am On Jul 22, 2012
nl is full of journalists.

why is that surprising?

the quality of the posts and discourse here leaves much to be desired?

nothing unusual about that.
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by antitpiah: 5:58am On Jul 22, 2012
^^^

What about the sanity of the people behind the posts?
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by StarrMatthieu: 6:04am On Jul 22, 2012
Many thanks
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 22, 2012
Reading stuffs like this make me sick, sad and sober. When are we going to have CNN Awards for Europeans, for American journalists?
If you are good at all work for great outfits, be a world class and stop chasing all these racist awards that do nothing other than to set up Africa as a foil to Europe and antithesis to America.

It sounds very much like the familiar nonsense we celebrate on this forum- celebrating the most brilliant black students in class when they are not the best in their respective classes in Europe, in America as if we are trying to be human, fighting to be accepted as part of human race. It's such a sad thing. Why are we depersonalizing Africa, why are we cheapening our race? Why do we always debase our person? Why?

If you can not win an award that's truly global, if you can not compete in a world league, keep whatever demeaning racist bullsh!t you called award to yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by antitpiah: 6:23am On Jul 22, 2012
bayooooooo: Reading stuffs like this make me sick, sad and sober. When are we going to have CNN Awards for Europeans, for Americans journalists?
If you are good at all work for great outfits, be a world class and stop chasing all these racist awards that do nothing other than to set up Africa as a foil to Europe and antithesis to America.

It sounds very much like the familiar nonsense we celebrate on this forum- celebrating the most brilliant black students in class when they are not the best in their respective classes in Europe, in America as if we are trying to be human, fighting to be accepted as part of human race. It's such a sad thing. Why are we depersonalizing Africa, why are we cheapening our race? Why do we always debase our person? Why?

If you can not win an award that's truly global, if you can not compete in a world league, keep whatever demeaning racist bullsh!t you called award to yourselves.

Compete in a world league? You want African journalists to compete with Europeans and the Americans? From what stand point if I may ask? Do you read Nigerian newspapers? The best Nigerian newspaper cant compete with my college Newspaper. For starters, Nigerian journalists, including the most experienced of them all, write at the third grade level. I really cant pinpoint what the problem is; the fact that we are naturally inferior to them, English being non-native to us, or we arent just as well educated. How ever you look at it, we are not on the same level, they've gone way ahead of us and it will take a miracle for us to catch up with them, and ten life-times of non-stop hard work on our part to equal what they've been able to achieve in this life alone.
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 22, 2012
antitpiah:

Compete in a world league? You want African journalists to compete with Europeans and the Americans? From what stand point if I may ask? Do you read Nigerian newspapers? The best Nigerian newspaper cant compete with my college Newspaper. For starters, Nigerian journalists, including the most experienced of them all, write at the third grade level. I really cant pinpoint what the problem is; the fact that we are naturally inferior to them, English being non-native to us, or we arent just as well educated. How ever you look at it, we are not on the same level, they've gone way ahead of us and it will take a miracle for us to catch up with them, and ten life-times of non-stop hard work on our part to equal what they've been able to achieve in this life alone.

What's wrong in African Journalists competing with Europeans, Americans and indeed the entire world? What's special there? Are the grammatical rules of English in Europe different from that of Africa or creative style of writing and reporting an exclusive preserve of the Europeans and Americans? Didn't Olojede win Pulitzer award? There is no field of human endeavor where you won't find at least an African that can compete with other world class colleagues.

We are not inferior to any group. And that's why we should do a lot of sensitization to make people see this type of award that portrays Africa as inferior to the rest of the world as what it is: derogatory 'depersonification' of Africans and Africa. How can the Scandinavians, the Europeans, etc be deciding the best brain in Africa for Africans? That's ridiculous.

That we are not at the same level is obvious in terms of development but that does not mean we should make ourselves inferior to them, we should accept their ridiculous opinions of us. It's bad,demeaning, unacceptable and irritable. It's sort of mentality that makes us label everything as "First Black" to win/do this or that.
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by Kobojunkie: 7:10am On Jul 22, 2012
Their opinions of us, or our opinions? Na Oyinbos dey organize these kwekwe awards everyday for Africans abi? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by calid16: 7:11am On Jul 22, 2012
Good for him . @FSU tell us who it is na , let's give him due props.
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by kasiem(m): 7:23am On Jul 22, 2012
bayooooooo: Reading stuffs like this make me sick, sad and sober. When are we going to have CNN Awards for Europeans, for American journalists?

may ur first son never resemble ur landlord.
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by dasparrow: 7:26am On Jul 22, 2012
afam4eva: Why tell us that he's a Nairalander if you can't tell us his username. Abeg, park well jo.

Exactly! Mtshew!
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by Chanchit: 8:14am On Jul 22, 2012
@poster, i believe that award winner is a nairalander, and it wud be unwise to tell his user name, cos people would start targeting d man, once they knw his user name..... If there's anything i protect like a good name, its also ma NL username.. I keep it as a top secret...
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by ballabriggs: 11:12am On Jul 22, 2012
Is that Beaf? Naaaa, Beaf is not that smart.
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by Mandelaguy(m): 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2012
I agree with bayoooo and kobojunkie for once on something. It is high time Africans stop looking at these whiteys for acceptance and leadership. They have no right whatsoever deciding what is top class,who is best in this or that for us,we have the best brains in the world and should stop allowing the brainwash continue. As for me and my family,no white man stands superior to us anytime,anywhere.
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by FSU: 5:52pm On Jul 22, 2012
What do you need his nairaland name for? So you can kidnap him cyberly? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by ifyalways(f): 11:15pm On Jul 23, 2012
I'm guessing it's the OP,no undecided

Definitely not Only truth.
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by Odunnu: 5:25am On Jul 24, 2012
Time shall come and has now come when I have to include 'Odunnu in Nairaland' when introducing myself offline.
If you aint kool of your NLnd personality, change it! Adjust for good.
I'm guessing, whoever this is, must have a stinking NLnd personality.
We've had folks like Loma of NL who keeps blazing trails and we recognise him in both worlds- off/online.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by okenikpoto(m): 2:41am On Oct 28, 2012
Thanks everyone. I have really been away from NL for a long while and somebody brought my attention to this thread. Anyway, I have been a Nairalander since 2007 and my handle name is Okenikpoto. For some of us that have been running Nigeria journalists down saying we write like 3rd graders, well, we are really trying to make a difference in a society where challenges are around you everywhere. I believe that if someone identifies that I write like an elementary school pupil, he can either teach me or take the job. What I have discovered in life is that the most persons that always complain lack what it takes to make a change. Ghandi said, Be the Change you want to see in the world.

For all you guys that celebrated with me, I say THANK YOU for your well wishers. We are already moving to the next level. I really understand the NL that was worried about African journalists competing with Europe and so on; we will get there one day. But I will advice, let none of us curse CNN for initiating the AJA; it was an African-American staff that suggested it. Does it not interest you to know that Zenith Bank that rose to become a world player in the international banking industry with our money sponsors Inside Africa on CNN; do you think Zenith Bank PLC cannot initiate an award like the AJA? Let's just continue and never stop believing. I love someone with Down Syndrome, I hope you will. My name is Ahaoma Kanu (Okenikpoto) and I am a proud Nairalander.
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by okenikpoto(m): 3:05am On Oct 28, 2012
Re: Nairalander Wins 2012 CNN African Journalist Award (Tourism Category) by ifyalways(f): 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
Congratulations once again sir.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

No More Leftovers For God! / Woman Beats Maid With Pestle And Cuts Her With Blade On Her Private Part / Your Birthday Has A Magic Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.