Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,501 members, 7,881,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 07:28 AM

Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? (11613 Views)

Why You Should Be Very Careful What Church You Attend - A MUST READ! / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Will You Attend These Type Of Churches?(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by killuminati(m): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
gramci:

There is nothing stupid about the thread, as a Christian you should be ready to defend your faith via superior argument
tank you jare
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by radektugal: 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
engrtee: Christianity is having a diffrent dimention in nigeria due to various motives we have for being in the religion.....

Quest For Power:
A foreign magazine ranked nigeria pastor among the most influential in the country..,...leading a congregation of people gives one fame....in nigeria, pastors aren't questioned for fear of offending their God.....

Material Gain/Food/Money:
Christianity has been a very lucrative source of möney..,the emphasis on tithe, the bianual haruest and barza, offeratory and thanksgiving has led many to be a church leader.,...the way church leader front their wealth especially the way they acquire private jet has turned the church into a buisnes worth investment

Miracles/Prosperity:
Nigerians are known for moving from one church to another looking for miracles....then they settle there.,when another problem start, they begin the search again

Wedding/Marriage/Family:
Before one get married today, both partners must attend the same church...if not, one will have to change......
Some of us are just born in a church and just accept it without ...
Any attempt to leave the church might result in been disowned by the family

Fear Of Death/Hell:
a friend of mine was born a catholic. He was convinced that catholic worship idol and so will be punished by God so he switched to Jehovah's witness. Later, he was told that Jehovah's witnesses reject heaven and hell, Trinity, etc so he moved to grail message where he believes he will reincarnate to amend his ways

All these are wrong motives for attending the church we should attend.
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by jimcomb(m): 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2012
Silly thread! why are do you eat daily?
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by killuminati(m): 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2012
stagger: I switched to my present church because I needed to have a more complete understanding of Christianity and I can say that I have not been disappointed. I have made more progress in my life since then than I have ever made previously.
so....hw far? Don't tell me u haven't know the truth yet, or are you just ignoring it?
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by killuminati(m): 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2012
jimcomb: Silly thread! why are do you eat daily?
huh undecided
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by IleIfe2(m): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
Today is Sunday.If we can't blow them up, let launch a cyber attack on them,by asking stu:pid questions.SMH
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by theplanmaker: 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
for those who hav given up on religion because of d hypocrisy of most churches just know that the true religion exists and Ɣ☺ΰ can find it, just luk closely at ur bible nd find the religion that matches its teachings, and u ll b happy and fulfilled. For me i av found the truth, and it has set me free frm false teachings,money luving pastors and deceivers. U too can find d truth!!

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by omenziate(m): 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
As for me, I receive rhema into my spirit being.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by radektugal: 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2012
I attend church in order to finetune my spiritual instinct.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
I go only on Dec 31st nite,and during harvest time,afta dat,i forbid church,pastor no fit dey take my tithe step down,while me dey roast.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by ajufinz(m): 7:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
I go to church cuz I Love Jesus nd Jesus FinZ....
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by slimyem: 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2012
..to fufill all righteousness!
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2012
I go to church to look at the latest fashion in town! U know apart from weddings, church is the next place to copy some fashion styles.lol!

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by amaheart(m): 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2012
I Need a help /tips on my project topic:RUNNING SEPARATE HOME BY MARRIED COUPLES,PROBLEMS AND STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVEMENT.my number is 07062910090 and E-mail: amaobichido@ymail.com.THANKS
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by buchai: 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2012
I go 2 Church because wat has bn propelling me 4rm tym 2 tym is d knowledge of God. I seek yee First n God has bn so gud 2 me i dont kn abt u?. In my church we are all equall in d EYES OF THE LORD.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by lawal123: 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2012
Can any one tell me where in the holy bible that christains are told to goto church on sunday?
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by baddestboy1: 7:21pm On Jul 22, 2012
the planmaker: for those who hav given up on religion because of d hypocrisy of most churches just know that the true religion exists and Ɣ☺ΰ can find it, just luk closely at ur bible nd find the religion that matches its teachings, and u ll b happy and fulfilled. For me i av found the truth, and it has set me free frm false teachings,money luving pastors and deceivers. U too can find d truth!!

so which church is dat so we can find the truth too
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2012
To showcase my new fashion
To sit close a beautiful chic and write fat cheque at plain sight for tithe, once the chic sees it, I get her BB pin, dont ask what follows
To listen to motivational speeches

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Euroclydon(m): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2012
Privy: @ OP, what is the motive of your write-up?
Good question...boredom i guess.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by baddestboy1: 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2012
jimcomb: Silly thread! why are do you eat daily?

gbagaun
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by gramci: 7:31pm On Jul 22, 2012
killuminati: I'm a muslim but I go from church to church looking for cuties... grin lol get aroundgringringrin

Crazy bast!ard
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by osolomio: 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
I go to church to meet with God and not man. Pls as a christain don't say or do anything, that will make the ministry to be blamed. Do not give your pearl to swines 4 they will trample on it.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by mrperfect(m): 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
To worship God
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by minute(f): 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
Sometimes church doesn't do anything for me at all. But then there are days that

it does . . .there are times when I have a bad week and church puts me back on track.

Otherwise you are absolutely right. Church does something for you that you might not

get on your own. It guides you along,gives you thoughts to chew on . .Thoughts you might

not come up with on your own. Also-if your church isn't doing this for you, if it isn't

convicting you or anything, then I wouldn't blame you if you stopped going. Consider

checking out other churches.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by OmoTier1(m): 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2012
I go to church to be taught, strengthened by the Word of God and to have fellowship with the Brethren.

Christ Embassy, (UK).....giving your Life a Meaning
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Agiliti(m): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2012

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by sarutobie(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2012
Christ said "where two or more people are gathered in my name,I will be in their midst".so I go to church to be in the presence of my Lord and worship Him with other believers.The bible is the final authority on the way of christ Jesus..every true christain should learn to read and study the bible on his/her own..

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by MacLovington(m): 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2012
kheart: Hmmmm make i adjust my kujera sit back relax and watch d drama.

Me too dey adjust my aga/ijoko with a glass of Baileys grin
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Enosa1(m): 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2012
I attend church cause the bible say's so. Hebrew 10:25
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by MacLovington(m): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
sarutobie: Christ said "where two or more people are gathered in my name,I will be in their midst".so I go to church to be in the presence of my Lord and worship Him with other believers.The bible is the final authority on the way of christ Jesus..every true christain should learn to read and study the bible on his/her own..

OK oo. Just gather a few area boys and alayes and no need to go to church.

Me too don tire oo. Each time I go to an African church, I am surprised how little they understand the bible. They just muddle everything up and interpret everything literally. The focus on money is just unbearable. I just cringe.

Some believe that if you can quote many bible verses, that's it.

At least in a Western church, you are not threathened with damnation because of tithe and offering.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by sarutobie(m): 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2012
Christainity is NOT about going to church on sundays..its a way of life..when you see a true christain,the presence of christ exudes from his/her being..through his/her speech,dressing,accomplishments,interaction with others around them..and so forth..
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by stagger: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2012
killuminati: so....hw far? Don't tell me u haven't know the truth yet, or are you just ignoring it?

After years of living, believing and admiring communist philosophies (plenty of books written by Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Kim Il-Sung and Kim-Jong Il still dey my papa house), did I take special permission from you to become a Christian and start attending my present church?

What truth are you talking about?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Faith Oyedepo Was Treated Medically In A South Africa Hospital / Happiness: 7 Bible Verses On How To Live A Joyful Life / Jesus Christ Perform Solat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.