Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,812 members, 7,879,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:31 PM

Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage (2919 Views)

Six Signs Your Relationship Is Heading Towards Marriage / Dating Tips For Singles, A Must Read / He Saw A Positive Pregnancy Result In Her Room. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 23, 2012
Marriage for sure is a scary topic to most of us. A life altering decision decision we might have to take. The thoughts of spending the rest of your life with one individual might seem so boring to the majority. Not a fault of theirs though, present day society and the moral decadence that permeates it is partly culpable for the changing attitudes of the vast majority in respects to issues bordering around marriage. Developing a positive mental attitude about this issue could help allay some fear or fears we may have about it.

Romantic love is a quality that draws a man and woman together. Humans have the innate capacity for romantic love. In respects to that, the world book encyclopaedia says that "a man and woman who marry hope to share a sexual relationship and a permanent romantic attraction". Emphasis on "hope" and "permanent".

A positive view towards marriage entails that you already know the challenges marriage brings, and you are ready to face them squarely before you get into it.
The love you both share should, and would be the motivating force, driving that hope you have to make the romantic attraction between you two, permanent. . . Love is key.

You do not have to be married first before you get ready for the challenges it brings. Your emotional maturity as an individual is called into question in this regard. Ability to distinguish infatuation from love is one of many proofs of emotional maturity. Restraining yourself from using the word "love" except when you truly mean it, is another proof.

There are men and women everywhere, handsome and pretty and drop dead gorgeous, but what you're are looking for is not just a person you wake up in the morning to, reflecting on his/her physical attributes alone. What you are looking for, is a life partner. . . Someone you can share your thoughts and ambitions and future plans with.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 23, 2012
A discussion pls. . .
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Andrew3(m): 10:56am On Jul 23, 2012
**grabs popcorn and 3d glasses with Pepsi on hand** smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by freecocoa(f): 11:04am On Jul 23, 2012
What are we discussing?undecided
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Sijo01(f): 11:14am On Jul 23, 2012
^Marriage undecided
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by freecocoa(f): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2012
^But i never marry na.undecided
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by 195(f): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2012
Lol
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by IZUKWU(m): 11:22am On Jul 23, 2012
Sijo01: ^Marriage undecided
a life sentence of bondage that people enter with their senses and eyes wide open.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Idowuogbo(f): 11:22am On Jul 23, 2012
Son! Marriage dey itch u bad o!
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Sijo01(f): 11:22am On Jul 23, 2012
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Sijo01(f): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2012
freecocoa: ^But i never marry na.undecided

Me too.undecided
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by freecocoa(f): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2012
Sijo01:

Me too.undecided
Will you marry my brother?
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Sijo01(f): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2012
IZUKWU: a life sentence of bondage that people enter with their senses and eyes wide open.

Is that so *suprised*
@coco, come n see o.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Sijo01(f): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2012
freecocoa: Will you marry my brother?

Izukwu said marriage is a bondage.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2012
IZUKWU: a life sentence of bondage that people enter with their senses and eyes wide open.
It's a choice. Not bondage. I don't see the rationale behind walking into an obvious bondage with your eyes open, and then complain you are in bondage. . . For real? An intelligent human walks away from bondage, and not into it. If your marriage becomes a bondage, you and your wife allowed it and have yourselves to blame for that and not "marriage" itself as an institution.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by freecocoa(f): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2012
@Sijo, Err mm i don't think he's right,at least my parents were happy in marriage,they made it seem like a lot of fun actually.

if I'm to judge by theirs,its not a bondage at all,although these days,lots of married folks makes it scary.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by ATMC(f): 11:35am On Jul 23, 2012
@op u don't think one should refrain from discuss on marriage till s/he is ready for dt...?js
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 23, 2012
ATMC: @op u don't think one should refrain from discuss on marriage till s/he is ready for dt...?js
I seriously don't. Discussing it makes you walk into it with your eyes open as the case may be. . .
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Sijo01(f): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2012
freecocoa: @Sijo, Err mm i don't think he's right,at least my parents were happy in marriage,they made it seem like a lot of fun actually.

if I'm to judge by theirs,its not a bondage at all,although these days,lots of married folks makes it scary.

You arr very right girl frnd.
Der are alot of marrige out there that will make one wanna get married over night.......there are also some that will make one wanna remain single.

Marriage been a bondage as some fella see's it, is the fault of those involved.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Sijo01(f): 11:48am On Jul 23, 2012
ATMC: @op u don't think one should refrain from discuss on marriage till s/he is ready for dt...?js

Discussing it before venturing into it makes the ride easier.

In all discion you'v taken in life, i dont fink you took it drastically......there was a discussion before an action.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by pendo89(f): 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2012
It's great if you marry the right person, at the right time, and for the right reason

And even after uv doen that? there is no guarantee it's gonna last. Seen many fall.

Just marry cz uv chosen to and work hard at it but be ready for any shocks.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Andrew3(m): 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2012
freecocoa: Will you marry my brother?

WILL YOU MARRY ME?
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Tyche(m): 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2012
MOVED TO THE FAMILY SECTION.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2012
Tyche: MOVED TO THE FAMILY SECTION.
This is for people contemplating marriage, so move yourself to the family section.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 23, 2012
pendo89:
It's great if you marry the right person, at the right time, and for the right reason

And even after uv doen that? there is no guarantee it's gonna last. Seen many fall.

Just marry cz uv chosen to and work hard at it but be ready for any shocks.
True words.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Idowuogbo(f): 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2012
sexkillz: This is for people contemplating marriage, so move yourself to the family section.
Lmfaooo!

Move himself ke? He needs a bulldozer to dat o!
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
@OP no offence, are u married?
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 23, 2012
Legit1: @OP no offence, are u married?
Do i have to be?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sex Scandal Of The Year / I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... / If You Where In His Possition What Will You Do????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.