Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,122 members, 7,967,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 01:00 PM

Is This A Trap? Please Help! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This A Trap? Please Help! (1490 Views)

5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage" / Don't Like Mosquitoes? Trap Them Easily. No Side Effect / When Women Lie That They Are Pregnant Just To Trap Guys Into Marrying Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Trap? Please Help! by Curiouscity(m): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
She is married and seriously cheating on the hubby. She called me in February and started making
overtures towards me. I told her "No", but we still talk as mere friends. 2 months ago, she called at
about 10:30pm to complain that she is having issues with the husband. I asked what the matter was,
she told me that the hubby is accusing her of cheating when she knew the husband is cheating too.
I spoke at length with her, advising her to apologize to the man and give peace a chance,after all
they are both cheats. I spoke with the man that night too. The man sounded reasonable and very ready
for peace. That that Madam slept in her 'sugardaddy's house. I warned her not to talk to me again if
she doesn't settle issues with her hubby. A week latter, she called to tell me that everything is fine.
They are back and 'Happy?' with each other.

Last weekend, she called and gave the phone to the husband who thanked and praised me for the part I played
in settling their fracas(She told the hubby I am her 'uncle'). The husband is asking me to visit them as soon
as I go to their city(which is also mine). I'm due for holidays in 2 weeks time. I accepted to visit them. I am sure
the husband told her about my accepting to visit. This afternoon I had a call from her renewing her desire to
sleep with me. She is even started visiting my sister and my fiancee in order to prepare her way to access me easily.

Is this a trap(setup) by this couple or just and act of desperado/nymphomaniac by this lady? I'm rethinking my holidays in
my city. I know most married ladies are sane, but is this what marriage is in today's Nigeria?
Re: Is This A Trap? Please Help! by OldHag: 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2012
Yes its a trap and its called a Honey Trap! Remember she is a married woman, and that can only mean, its a no no.
Re: Is This A Trap? Please Help! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
Not just a trap, but a trap for dumb people.

Now be a smartie and run!
Re: Is This A Trap? Please Help! by EfemenaXY: 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
Curious_city: She is married and seriously cheating on the hubby. She called me in February and started making
overtures towards me. I told her "No", but we still talk as mere friends. 2 months ago, she called at
about 10:30pm to complain that she is having issues with the husband. I asked what the matter was,
she told me that the hubby is accusing her of cheating when she knew the husband is cheating too.
I spoke at length with her, advising her to apologize to the man and give peace a chance,after all
they are both cheats. I spoke with the man that night too. The man sounded reasonable and very ready
for peace. That that Madam slept in her 'sugardaddy's house. I warned her not to talk to me again if
she doesn't settle issues with her hubby. A week latter, she called to tell me that everything is fine.
They are back and 'Happy?' with each other.

Last weekend, she called and gave the phone to the husband who thanked and praised me for the part I played
in settling their fracas(She told the hubby I am her 'uncle'). The husband is asking me to visit them as soon
as I go to their city(which is also mine). I'm due for holidays in 2 weeks time. I accepted to visit them. I am sure
the husband told her about my accepting to visit. This afternoon I had a call from her renewing her desire to
sleep with me. She is even started visiting my sister and my fiancee in order to prepare her way to access me easily.

Is this a trap(setup) by this couple or just and act of desperado/nymphomaniac by this lady? I'm rethinking my holidays in
my city. I know most married ladies are sane, but is this what marriage is in today's Nigeria?

Hmmm....something doesn't add up here.

First of all, how come you're so close to a married woman? To the extent she spills it all to you?

Secondly, I think her hubby is a lot smarter than you give him credit for. Once a guy suspects his wifey of cheating, it's hard for him to let go of the thought. I don't know why, I just think it's the way you guys are wired up. tongue Anyway, that man is no fool and he's probably been keeping the tabs on his wife, is aware she's had her lengthy conversations with you and is "curious" to see who this trespasser is. Do not undermine the wrath of a jealous husband. He's probably got a cocked pistol / cutlass awaiting you.

Finally, if the relationship between you and his wife is as innocent as you make it to be, can you honestly play back the conversations you've had with her, to her husband and your fiancée? Can you do what you've been doing with her in the open for all to see?

My advice: Keep well away from that woman and her problems. Break off all links with her, block her number from ringing you up, etc and all should be well.
Re: Is This A Trap? Please Help! by tasandra: 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2012
Op,u knw what the bible, says about sleepin wit anoda mans wife abi be very careful embarassed
Re: Is This A Trap? Please Help! by Curiouscity(m): 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Hmmm....something doesn't add up here.

First of all, how come you're so close to a married woman? To the extent she spills it all to you?

Secondly, I think her hubby is a lot smarter than you give him credit for. Once a guy suspects his wifey of cheating, it's hard for him to let go of the thought. I don't know why, I just think it's the way you guys are wired up. tongue Anyway, that man is no fool and he's probably been keeping the tabs on his wife, is aware she's had her lengthy conversations with you and is "curious" to see who this trespasser is. Do not undermine the wrath of a jealous husband. He's probably got a cocked pistol / cutlass awaiting you.

Finally, if the relationship between you and his wife is as innocent as you make it to be, can you honestly play back the conversations you've had with her, to her husband and your fiancée? Can you do what you've been doing with her in the open for all to see?

My advice: Keep well away from that woman and her problems. Break off all links with her, block her number from ringing you up, etc and all should be well.

@Efemena_xy, lol. So U mean it is now a crime to have a 'mere friend', a neighbor, a colleague, friend of a friend, who got married? A philosopher once said "Man know thyself". So please don't jump to accuse any man or defend any woman.
unfortunately, I don't save calls. But if U can comprehend my write-up well, U could see where I wrote that I am rethinking my vacation to that city. Meaning, I am not in any bit interested to see her.
Talking about playing the call to my fiancee or her hubby, my fiancee has a copy of the mail I replied to her in Feb when she first made her advances. So that is not a big deal. Showing her husband such a mail will mean
sending her out of her marital home. The fact is she came in d form of seeking advice which I gave her sincerely.
Cutting contact with her is ideal which I have already started.

Yet U guys forget the part I asked 'is this what marriage is in today's Nigeria?'

Re: Is This A Trap? Please Help! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 23, 2012
First of all you dont get involved in sorting marital squabbles between someone who clearly has the hots for you. This you already know and that is why you feel uncomfortable enough to open this thread.

You are a biased party and the right thing was to walk away completely the moment she made it clear to you in feb that she wanted you in her bed; You break off all ties and dont deceive yourself by saying that you are just mere friends. If they have marital issues, then they speak to mature married people, go for marriage counsellings, their pastor, their parents etc and not a potential sexuall partner like you.

Can you imagine, you are also giving her ultimatum that you wont talk to her if she doesnt make up with hubby; which kind of carrot and stick dangling is this?

You know the right thing to do, so please do it. If she wants to break up her own marriage, then let her do it herself.
Re: Is This A Trap? Please Help! by EfemenaXY: 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2012
Curious_city:

@Efemena_xy, lol. So U mean it is now a crime to have a 'mere friend', a neighbor, a colleague, friend of a friend, who got married? A philosopher once said "Man know thyself". So please don't jump to accuse any man or defend any woman.
unfortunately, I don't save calls. But if U can comprehend my write-up well, U could see where I wrote that I am rethinking my vacation to that city. Meaning, I am not in any bit interested to see her.
Talking about playing the call to my fiancee or her hubby, my fiancee has a copy of the mail I replied to her in Feb when she first made her advances. So that is not a big deal. Showing her husband such a mail will mean
sending her out of her marital home. The fact is she came in d form of seeking advice which I gave her sincerely.
Cutting contact with her is ideal which I have already started.

Yet U guys forget the part I asked 'is this what marriage is in today's Nigeria?'

No one is accusing you of anything or taking her side, so don't get all twitchy and defensive with me. You asked for advice and I've given you my opinion based on YOUR write-up.

And no, it's not a crime to have as you put it: a 'mere friend', a neighbor, a colleague, friend of a friend, who got married. Only difference is a married female mere friend / neighbour / colleague / friend of a friend won't jump on you, let alone twice seeking s/e/xu@l gratification. You know deep within yourself that it's not right so why continue such friendship? Afterall she's made her intentions crystal clear to you.

And yes, I comprehend what you've written. You perhaps seem to be the one getting the wrong end of the stick here. When I mentioned playback your phone conversations, I meant it in the literal sense. Bottom line is (I repeat), would you have felt comfortable holding the discussions you've had with her in the past with her hubby present?

Why do you ask if the whole fiasco is a set up?
Re: Is This A Trap? Please Help! by ifyalways(f): 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2012
Bla bla.
Am I the only one who is wondering why a full fledged bachelor would want to waste/spend his vacation in a married pals house ? How really would such a vacation look like
Na wao
Re: Is This A Trap? Please Help! by EfemenaXY: 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2012
^^ You'll be amazed. Na mutual friendship o! grin
Re: Is This A Trap? Please Help! by ronkebp(f): 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2012
ifyalways: Bla bla.
Am I the only one who is wondering why a full fledged bachelor would want to waste/spend his vacation in a married pals house ? How really would such a vacation look like
Na wao

not only you....he is asking questions here as if he does not want it too!!!! abeggiiii, (commot leg make i pass jor....see queshion)!!! is this how marraige is this days??!!!

so you expect someone that sleeps around in the first place should suddenly become a saint because he/she is married?
Re: Is This A Trap? Please Help! by saska1122: 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2012
Women trying to defend one of their own.

@OP, U can never win a case in a court where a woman is the judge here.
Avoid the said woman, she is a desperado n a cheat as some Nigerian women are.
I agree some women are good, but the bad ones keep painting womanhood in a bad color,
but unfortunately, some won't answer the question U posed.

I leave b4 they tag me along.
Re: Is This A Trap? Please Help! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2012
@OP
you are taking credits for something you didnt do....that animal went to fukc her sugardaddy that night!

as for why you want to stay in contact with this pair, only god knows!
Re: Is This A Trap? Please Help! by braveheart2012(m): 4:03am On Jul 25, 2012
Hahahahahaha!!!! This is how dumb people die everyday! This is clearly a trap! That man doesn't and will never believe that you're her uncle! Do you honestly think that you're the first guy this woman has approached since she got married? Do you think you're the last? Her husband knows exactly the type of woman she is. He is only playing dumb to see if you will actually show-up to the house! Bros, the day you show up to the house is the day your head will roll on the ground. Better run for your dear life! You have absolutely NO business being friends with a cheating married woman!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Quintoplets, Bringing Her Total Number Of Children To 17!!! / 15 Worst Reactions To Pregnancy Announcements / 8 Things Healthy Couples Don’t Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.