Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,818 members, 7,906,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 11:33 PM

Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon (24380 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pictures From Pastor Tunde Bakare's 60TH BIRTHDAY / All GO's & Religious Leaders Must Go To Prison — Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
In-4MATIC:

ah nooooo, who dash monkey...
I have only sojourned in 3 countries so far in 3 continents of this world also i have lived in he eye of religious/ ethnic conflicts up north, south and i know my people. But i think the Question ought to be do YOU still have a connection with the real Nigeria? Mtcheew, leave my front. Hopeless he goat.

Question: What is this "REAL NIGERIA" you speak of and why is it that people like you, whenever there is call to change this "REAL NIGERIA", keep going back to "REAL NIGERIA" being THE ONLY reason why "REAL NIGERIA" should not change?
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Why do SSS have to invite Stupid Bakare, a point blank shot at his head will do the magic.
You and GEJ are cowards..Buhari is still smiling and walking freely..Can Gej dare to arrest him?
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by ypzilanti: 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2012
Truth is that every activist loves being interrogated by the security agencies. It increases their popularity and visibility. When western governments invite 'civil society' groups to party, the detained and questioned activist is royalty. grin

Stupid SSS...you cannot prosecute a man for a statement, and you just gave him more credibility among his followers.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2012
In-4MATIC:

ah nooooo, who dash monkey...
I have only sojourned in 3 countries so far in 3 continents of this world also i have lived in he eye of religious/ ethnic conflicts up north, south and i know my people. But i think the Question ought to be do YOU still have a connection with the real Nigeria? Mtcheew, leave my front. Hopeless he goat.

And you still sound this dense, I call your bluff on this one and declare you an unrepentant liar.

Nobody that has sojourned outside his abode will see the rot in Nigeria and espouse it. As usual, my friend, we can all see clearly that you just told a huge fib.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by onatisi(m): 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2012
Okimski: Jonathan till 2019
oh my God,that sounds scary and frightening
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Jul 23, 2012
ypzilanti: Truth is that every activist loves being interrogated by the security agencies. It increases their popularity and visibility. When western governments invite 'civil society' groups to party, the detained and questioned activist is royalty. grin

Stupid SSS...you cannot prosecute a man for a statement, and you just gave him more credibility among his followers.
that is why it should be televised.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by tiarabubu: 7:30pm On Jul 23, 2012
Not a fan of GEJ but the SSS has a duty to investigate any threat against the President.

For some of you screaming "freedom of speech" that freedom does not include making speeches that directly or indirectly suggesting the demise of a person moreso the President (How else can we have an election before 2015 as reportedly said by Bakare - Impeachment means Sambo takes over).

Here are examples of the American Secret Service investigating persons who have made suggestive remarks against Barack Obama.

Secret Service made the right call on Ted Nugent

Rocker Ted Nugent found himself being investigated by the U.S. Secret Service after making this statement last weekend at the NRA Convention: "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-04-21/opinion/opinion_obeidallah-ted-nugent-free-speech_1_cat-scratch-fever-rocker-ted-nugent-nra-convention?_s=PM:OPINION

Not that the Secret Service is having a great run of publicity right now, but at least they get to investigate the remarks of Ted Nugent as part of their job.

The gun-toting rocker, who has sat on the board of the National Rifle Association for year,s got himself into plenty of trouble speaking about his displeasure of the Supreme Court and then President Obama, saying, “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”

The Secret Service, which investigates all threats on the president, says it will investigate the remarks, reports New York magazine.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/04/17/ted-nugents-remarks-prompt-secret-service-investigation/#ixzz21TILcbMD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threatening_the_President_of_the_United_States

Threatening the President of the United States is a class D felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871. It consists of knowingly and willfully mailing or otherwise making "any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States". The United States Secret Service investigates suspected violations of this law and monitors those who have a history of threatening the President.
Because the offense consists of pure speech, the courts have issued rulings attempting to balance the government's interest in protecting the President with free speech rights under the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. According to Stalking, Threatening, and Attacking Public Figures, "Hundreds of celebrity howlers threaten the President of the United States every year, sometimes because they disagree with his policies, but more often just because he is the President."[1]
The United States Attorneys' Manual states that the Terrorism and Violent Crime Section has supervisory authority over Section 871 cases.[2]

As a cleric, Bakare ought to the Biblical admonishment that the power of life and death lies in the tongue. This was how Buhari blabbed and hundreds died in 2011.

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by reindeer: 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2012
Hmm. . . .i find it intriguing that the statement ''do not mix religion with politics'' is waved in our faces when Bakare speaks but not when Oritsejaffar speaks. Interestingly some eher didnt say that when someone donated a church to GEJ.
Come on people, enough self-delusion. GEJ has failed as a president and if he resigns,the country may be better off for it.

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by sessydoo(m): 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2012
onandon: What is going on here ? Why is Bakare getting a lot of stick ? Is he lying ? I think majority of the people affected by the hardship in Nigeria are busy looking for their daily bread this morning while representatives of GEJ, NOI, SLS, TOMPOLO, OTEH, OBJ, GRAND PA FIX IT, DOKUBO, (SO CALLED) ELDERS , PDP CAUCUS AND OTHER POLITICALLY FAVORED THIEVING SCUMS are here saying Bakare should shut up. Why couldn't any of you or your fathers come out in public to tell us to shut up when we were protesting January? You make those deluded pastors your role models because they tell you the sweet things you want to hear like "it is well"(when everything really isn't) "Your year of miracle" (suffering but smiling in faith ) . How many battles in the Bible were spiritual ? Did the Israelites just camp in the wilderness praying for miracles like Nigerians do? , my Bible tells me "faith without work is dead" . Is every problem in Nigeria spiritual? Is Nepa's problem spiritual? Is it spirits that sabotage our oil? Are Ibori, Tinubu, Bode George, IBB,
Tafa Balogun, OBJ, PDP, Other hypocrite Political parties spirits ? I don't believe in any so called man of God as long as he is born of a woman like my mum but Bakare should be commended for having the guts to face the modern day "Pharaohs".

Chei u spoke my mind. God bless u real good. the questn i always ask ppl is this, is evrythin well with this country? why is it that ppl don want us to tell thieve Jonathan and his fellow armed robbers in govt to resign? this man, bakare has been speaking against successive govts that hav been stealing our common wealth since the time immemorial. the guy is comfortable and can afford good things of life but chose to stand on d side of d masses and abhor corruption. instead for ppl to be praying for Gods divine protection on him for having d gut to stand up against the oppression n corruption in the land at the expense of his life, some GEJ agents are here spewing rubbish. they hav tried their best to bribe him, bt no way. if we hav more of bakares in nig, the country wuld hav been transformed by now. May God help us ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by jmaine: 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2012
An ediot is suggesting the SSS conduct their interrogation live on TV

Isn't that outstanding foolishness grin
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by vanunu: 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2012
Some Nigerians always criticize without proffering any solution to the nations problem. This Pastor had a chance to be Nigeria's VP, but lost woefully in the election. GEJ will still win in 2015, if he still want to contest again, this because there is still no credible opposition around. The proposed merger between ACN and CPC just like the accord between The Tuarag.R and Ansar Dine will not work out.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Epalos: 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2012
Go back and read it again, dumbass. Its not a promise, i guaranteed you, if anything should happen to him.
gboss4sure:

Waiting for you to start it first cause you threatened first or are you making empty threats?
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by onatisi(m): 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
jmaine: An ediot is suggesting the SSS conduct their interrogation live on TV

Isn't that outstanding foolishness grin
abeg i no fit laugh oo,now i have another quotation to my collection.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by jmaine: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
You don't consistently wish, insinuate and provide timing about events, leaning towards potential threat/ harm to the authorities and not expect questioning . .

Your tear shedding on this thread is a waste cool
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by ypzilanti: 7:44pm On Jul 23, 2012
@tiarabubu, It is a known fact that any threat made against the President of the United State is investigated. It is backed by a law, and the threat has to be specific with intent to merit a trial. Majority of the cases are just procedural investigations done as CYA (cover your behind) by the agents just in case the threat becomes true.

Bakare is a lawyer, and he knows his statement is not prosecutable under Nigerian Law.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Genbuhari3: 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2012
I have tried not to respond to some comments on nairaland cos I believe most people behind the usernames are either kids, cluessless adults, politically naïve or just damn fools! I don't care what Pastor Bakare or any other Nigerians say about GEJ. I only care about what I think and pray should happen to PDP, the corrupt leaders of this country, the oil cabals, the bloody political elites ruling this country. And my prayer is that a Jerry Rawlings of Nigerian origin and of whatever tribe will rise and crush their heads. Clean these nation and make the fools behind some of these posts wise. And it is just a matter of time. Prophet Olabayo has said it, Bakare has said it. And it tallies with my prayers. 2015 will not meet these people in power! It is not about God's prophecy, it is about what must happen in this country

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by tiarabubu: 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2012
ypzilanti: @tiarabubu, It is a known fact that any threat made against the President of the United State is investigated. It is backed by a law, and the threat has to be specific with intent to merit a trial. Majority of the cases are just procedural investigations done as CYA (cover your behind) by the agents just in case the threat becomes true.

Bakare is a lawyer, and he knows[b] his statement is not prosecutable under Nigerian Law[/b].

Maybe the SSS want to investigate "just in case the threat becomes true"

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by killuminati(m): 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Please enlighten me oh ye politically and religiously savvy one. embarassed

These Politicians go to churches to woo supporters by pledging they will do this and do that when in office.

They go to church to seek "religious guidance" from pastors, so they can do well.

Every other word out of their mouth is God this, God that, pray this, pray that.

They use the support of Pastors to prop themselves up

A pastor criticizes them and suddenly it is Do not mix Religion and Politics.

I may not know what "Not mixing religion and politics" means but I do know what [b]HYPOCRITE[/b]means.
good one here8)
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2012
oh, It was the SSS that summoned him?? That is stupid . . . what for? I mean the sermon itself contained no information to increminate him in any way so why summon him over it?

ShooT!! Here I was thinking it was NASS . . so I could watch how they talk to him and compare with Oritsejafor's meeting with the US congress . . . aw shucks!!!
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2012
tiarabubu:

Maybe the SSS want to investigate "just in case the threat becomes true"

Answer me this . . .what is the THREAT!!! Don't guess . . just go read the text of the sermon and simply copy and paste this "THREAT" here for us all to see.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by tiarabubu: 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2012
reindeer: Hmm. . . .i find it intriguing that the statement ''do not mix religion with politics'' is waved in our faces when Bakare speaks but not when Oritsejaffar speaks. Interestingly some eher didnt say that when someone donated a church to GEJ.
Come on people, enough self-delusion. GEJ has failed as a president and if he resigns,the country may be better off for it.

LOL Did Oritsejafor contest an election or is he a card carrying member of a political party?

Condemning the murder of people is now politics ehn? Na wah for the way some people dey think shocked
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by vislabraye(m): 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2012
Bakare has the right to criticize even though it should be done constructively. I don't want to call him names. You may question his motivation, but he's saying some facts. I wish other men of God speak to politicians. I don't know whether these MOGs have been talking to their politicians friends or they just feed fat on their tithes.
These MOGs have to be careful for their reputation.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2012
vanunu: Some Nigerians always criticize without proffering any solution to the nations problem. This Pastor had a chance to be Nigeria's VP, but lost woefully in the election. GEJ will still win in 2015, if he still want to contest again, this because there is still no credible opposition around. The proposed merger between ACN and CPC just like the accord between The Tuarag.R and Ansar Dine will not work out.

NO PROFERRING of solutions please . . . ENOUGH OF THAT BRAIN DAMAGE which has made so many into dummies!

What Nigeria needs is people to get themselves educated . . . this man is trying to help with that but is being castigated.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by owabor(f): 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2012
His mates are there fastin nd prayin for peace in d country, he is there talkin rubbish. Is he supportin boko or christians? God hav mercy on us.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
owabor: His mates are there fastin nd prayin for peace in d country, he is there talkin rubbish. Is he supportin boko or christians? God hav mercy on us.

What mother's have these? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by economia: 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2012
Ajikawo: @ skywalker

"Religion and politics should never mix" in your mind, you have spoken wisely,I'll advice you pick up a bible and read again.
i may like your person but i frankly hate your opinion. Pastor Bakare opinion opinion of Bible make me to love his person. All the stories of actors and event in the Bible that i read show that destiny of people here and beyound depends on their leaders. When ever it look teribly bad in God he sent a men we call prophets. I am now talking to christain who want to make heven: if we have an irresponsible govt like this that play down on the wellfare and security of her citizen. Many saint will compromise. For instance if economy is not vaible, the few job available will be on strict condition like age limit. This could force some christain citizen to lie one their true age. Don't tell me that christain who will make heven will still make it. The church have to do everything posible to defend the cource of her member to make heven in multiple. Many of church members, leaders have realy been seduced to the part of curruption as preached by Gej govt. Pastor Bakare would have died in Crist if he had collected $50,000 tax payers' money as bribe. Many men you claim to be true men of God had died spiritually just from bribe from Obj and Gej alone. Some christain house wives have ended up with extral marital sex just to keep their job. Some christain head of household can no longer cater for their household. How do we male the heaven we believe in if we brake all its rules on earth. Do you know that about 15 million christain have withdrawn from church fellowship for insecurity. The commander-in-cheif have been drawing the church back by not providing for security. God of Bible anoited Saul when he wished, corrected him and then impeached him all by a prophet Samuel. God told Ezekaih he will die, in minuts he changed His mind all through Isiah the prophet. The kingdom of our Lord Jesus have made up His mind on the Commander-in-Cheif and have reveal it through His prophet available, ready to obey his Lord rather than to apply his own wisdom, not yet currupt. In the book of the King (Bible), Ahab an Jehortshaphat was to lead the people of God to fight their enemy, Ahab consulted popular prophet in his kingdom of the will of God concerning the cours, all they said was success. Jehosaphat was lead by the wisdom of God to ask of if there are other prophet left, Ahab told him non is left but latter he scanned his memory of a prophet who will allways doom to his govt. When the prophet came, the unpopular prophet spoke the mind of God for the cours the the king will go but return. Ahab left in great furry and order for his arest. Ahad aswell knew he may be wounded in the batle, he hid his head in a save while he gave Jehoshaphat his garment to disguise. The enemy of people of God had plan to target Ahab alone. While they search for him and could not find him amongs God's Generals, one of the batle ready solder of God's people's enemy stray his arrow up and it hit Ahad on his head. I wish Gej well, but God of the Bible will change our govt for better leader. We don't need people with biblical name in power any longer but leaders with Bible vetue. After all king Nauchadnezzar of Ballon declare the glory of God, Darius also command the rebuild of the falling wall of Jerusalem still a non jew from a God-forsaken city. The Commander's-in-Cheif inaction have force tons of thousand christain to internity unprepared. The God of heaven will turn his govt with absolute peace. God has blown the trumpet, the force of heaven will acomplish. Moderator please give my post second thought before you trash it. I prefer you suspend my account than to trash this post
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Abbey2sam(m): 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2012
They need to listen to emenem to discover wat freedom of speech is, cuz i dont see any reason why they should surmon anybody over a statement made publicly, i thought its democracy never knew its jonacracy
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by aybaba73yahoocouk(m): 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2012
Sky-walker:

sky walker,who told u u religion n politics should never mix? I heard chief david edebiri,the odionwhiereh of benin kindom say,dat the oba of benin is an embodiment of politics.so who say dat a priest cnt be an embodiment of politics also?martin luther was a priest n also fought 4 d liberation of blacks in emerica.even prophet samuel n oda prophets in d bible single handedly instal kings n removed them during dia time.so priests re also an embodiment of politics.pls allow those dat command spiritual authority to exert the power to bind n to loose.to esterblish n to pull down according to jerimaih 1 vs 9-10

Religion and politics should never mix. Pastor Bakare should know that. He cant be talking down on the President live all in the name of religion.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by 2mch(m): 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2012
They want to create a matyr not so? This is the work of men of God. To criticize a wholeful failure of a government like this. Not begging for money. Only a blind man will see that 2015 will not come to pass the rate at which we are going. He will also be released promptly and will go back to preaching promptly. Touch a hair on his head, and then PDP will set their demise in motion. Emancipation started from churches afterall.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Demdem(m): 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
Kobojunkie: Well, the good thing is the man is also a Lawyer . . . I hope the hearing will be televised. grin grin grin grin grin

Yes ooo. I trust Bakare, he will make those SSS sound like Foools. Ordinary string operation, they can't perform. Dollar dissapeared under their nose. Incompetent and lazy set of people.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by sammyzacks(m): 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2012
I do not support Bakare but,If it were Buhari that made the same comments would GEJ ask for his arrest? I think we have a lot of bad guys that need to visit the sss and answer questions. Bakare is just a distraction and carries no weight at all. Its high time GEJ begins to get his priorities right.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Tochi3(m): 8:39pm On Jul 23, 2012
What does freedom means to Nigerians and Africans in general? Is the blackman free? We are not yet free when we kill ourselves because of foreign tools of manipulation disguised as religion.

The blackman is not interested to know his history and learn how religion was used to divide and conquer his race but will go further to perpetuate the bondage of slavery through religion upon his very own kind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mike Bamiloye: "Don't Join The Feminist Movement" - Evangelist Warns Ladies / Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo / Apostle Edu Udechukwu Sends DJ Out Of His Wedding For Playing Secular Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.