Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,382 members, 7,968,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 04:18 PM

Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps (12695 Views)

CCT’ll Rule On Saraki’s Motion To Dismiss Charges March 24 / Buhari, Probe Jonathan For The Sake Of National Interest! - Theophilus Danjuma / BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by jmaine: 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Okay, now I see their folly: [size=16pt]So 2012 Budget should fully implemented by September ? What of the Oct-Dec 2012, is it not in the Budget[/size] ? NASS will not stop disgracing themselves. I do not see how that is national interest sha, its like they are not receiving Ghana-must-go bags the way they expected.

To the ediots and their backers . . .The year ends in September, moreso a budget implementation that started counting from April 1, 2012 grin

1 Like

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2012
jmaine:

To the ediots and their backers . . .The year ends in September, moreso a budget implementation that started counting from April 1, 2012 grin

so should we wait and do nothing about it?
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by miteolu(m): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2012
If impeached SAMBO (V.P) is photocopy of GEJ
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by lookmangiw(m): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2012
Ajibel: I thought the ruling party has the majority in the Reps.... i dont see that as possible... palms would soon be greased
have you forgotten so quick that this were the same pdp members that voted for the speaker out of their party's wish and choice. Lets wait till september anyway.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by dapsyd1(m): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Okay, now I see their folly: So 2012 Budget should fully implemented by September ? What of the Oct-Dec 2012 is it notin the Budget ? NASS will not stop disgracing themselves. I do not see how that is national interest sha, its like they are not receiving Ghana-must-go bags the way they expected.
The way they read annual budget is diifferent from usual one year common man use to know. Next year budget for instance will be pass by september this year, so the implementation suppose to start immediately, u don't have to wait till next year before implementaion start.
So house of rep. Is right by giving him(jona) september as ultimatum. Lets give NASS a benefit of doubt @ least for d last time.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
dapsy d: .
The way they read annual budget is diifferent from usual one year common man use to know. Next year budget for instance will be pass by september this year, so the implementation suppose to start immediately, u don't have to wait till next year before implementaion start.
So house of rep. Is right by giving him(jona) september as ultimatum. Lets give NASS a benefit of doubt @ least for d last time.
Okay.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2012
Seconded.Like someone said:'GEJ has taken retardation to another level'.Even when you try to defend him(GEJ),he proves you wrong.

1 Like

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by lookmangiw(m): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2012
jmaine:

i'm 199% certain that this jmaine and billyonaire are beaf's minikers. I can bet my life on this.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by kaytytty: 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2012
vision 20 what should we call dis impeachment
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by maclatunji: 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2012
oxford: The House of Rep should first cleanse itself of corruption then, maybe we can take them serious!

It's not the job of the House of Reps. to cleanse corruption anywhere. It can apply its in-house sanctions to erring members like Farouk Lawan but the job of "cleansing Nigeria " of corruption lies with the executive particularly through the EFCC and ICPC.

Lest you forget, it was GEJ that was making campaign promises of fighting corruption. Let him fight it in the National Assembly, they have no immunity!

That is no way an excuse for the National Assembly to drop its solemn and constitutionally enshrined oversight duty over the executive.

People just comment for the sake of it- Pathetic!
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by maclatunji: 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2012
LOL
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by maclatunji: 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2012
Tripple post!
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by jmaine: 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2012
lookmangiw:
i'm 199% certain that this jmaine and billyonaire are beaf's minikers. I can bet my life on this.

You keep amazing me with your foolishness . . .How is the tripe above related to the thread . . .
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by ypzilanti: 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Okay, now I see their folly: So 2012 Budget should fully implemented by September ? What of the Oct-Dec 2012 is it notin the Budget ? NASS will not stop disgracing themselves. I do not see how that is national interest sha, its like they are not receiving Ghana-must-go bags the way they expected.

I think the day you posted that you are biased towards GEJ and Niger Delta, you lost all credibility as a person who shares a different opinion and actually believes in GEJ's government.

I can now call you what you are. A narrow minded tribal champion.

30% capital budget performance each year is a recipe for zero impact of government policy on the people.

The national assembly is obviously pursuing a personal agenda, but if it makes GEJ sit up a little, so be it.

Dont lose your night sleep. We all know they will not boot your Niger Delta champion out any time soon.

Dont forget that the north had presidents for how many years and did not impact positively on their people.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by jmaine: 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2012
babaearly:

so should we wait and do nothing about it?

Not at all, pushing the executive sincerely is in order . .But when the foundation to your bullish tantrums and ultimatum defies cogent reasoning. . .Then it's a waste of time . . .
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Demdem(m): 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2012
Good reason. The retardeen should be speedily impeached.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2012
I think there is a problem in understanding what it means to have the Budget implemented by a certain date. I believe that it does not mean that all projects money was allocated for should have been completed by that date, but more that all projects should at least commence by said date. I don't think it is unreasonable to require that all projects be at least in start stages by September, which is technically the beginning of the fourth/last quarter, so that by December 31st, we are at least either able to gauge progress or failure of said project, and make better decision on what to do next.

According to last years, fourth quarter review, signed by Okonjo-Iweala,

Indeed, added to the late passage of the 2011 Budget, the peculiarity of 2011 as a political transition year with the attendant implication for the constitution of a new Cabinet, the implementation of the Budget was difficult due to receipt of less than projected net revenues. On the expenditure side, while recurrent expenditure was on target, implementation of the capital budget had to be extended to 31 March 2012 in order to allow MDAs more time to implement the budget. As the Report would highlight, the poor implementation of MDA’s capital projects is partly attributable to poor project management practices by some MDAs. However, substantial policy changes are being instituted by the government in order to
correct this situation.

http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/2011%20Q4%20BIR%20PDF.version.pdf

Again, I invite people to take a look at the Budget, more than 90% of the projects allocated for were in ONGOING STATE as of the time the proposal was put forth, and the money was approved. Only a handful of projects are marked new projects in the approved Budget.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by jamace(m): 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
I am not convinced that it is for NATIONAL INTEREST! I have not recovered from the shock Farouk gave me. I was all praises for Farouk until I discovered he was just like the rest.

I can only watch with fingers crossed.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by tribalism(m): 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2012
the gathering of unserious nigerians ever, try GEJ and you won't try any other.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by kondex: 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2012
Dtwo houses should stop fooling themselves thinking they are fooling us. Let's assume its for the Nigeria masses well being as so quoted by d disgusting dishonorable members,d january to date nko,were is d evidence on us nigerians. i used d singular verb is cos i ve nt seen any. they should sanitize d house of d thiefs,liars,looter and so and de ill c nigeria move forward.u guy are ploting against mr president cos he has denied u guys ur unexersapated asses to loot d fund belonging to all of us. u people should be ashamed of urselves.if i may ask,when did our interest become paramout to u people? We ve been foold many times bt not any more. this is how farcrook was making noise like parot in d same house till his black ass was dog out. u all are d cause of misshaps in d courntry.so if u guys are thinking u can make us believe mr president is incopetent,then u ve got to rethink. in ur various constituents,what have u done to relief d suffering masses. idiots and devils dat derive joy in seeing odas suffer. ur planns shall never work. bad belle dem
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Spiritmask: 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2012
L
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by jmaine: 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2012
The House of Representatives on Thursday threatened to commence impeachment process against President Goodluck Jonathan from September 18 if he fails to ensure full implementation of the 2012 Appropriation Act.

Gbajabiamila, who accused the presidency of grave violation of the constitution, threatened that “the House shall draft relevant article of impeachment” in line with Section 143 of the constitution if the presidency fails to ensure 100 percent implementation of the Appropriation Act when the House resumes from the 49-day annual recess.

. . .We all know that ====> full implementation = 100% implementation . . .Nuff Said .

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/111-politics/41510-reps-threaten-to-impeach-jonathan-over-budget-implementation
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Carius(m): 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2012
Mtsheeew...useless REPS;they'd berra not start what they cannot finish.Thieves!
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by betrani(m): 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2012
Don't even think about it! bunch of clowns. una nor sabi say na cobra tail una wan step on! Those guys think that because the boys in the creeks are keepin quiet means they are in their support! grin grin grin grin grin so u don't know that u can set the country ablaze tryin ur ignorance at home! na wa o! when wind blown we go see fowl yarnsh! try it and lets see who laughs last or best!
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by cog1: 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2012
As far as I'm concerned,all those representaTHIEVES,
calling for impeachment beacuse of pecuniary party
interests can jolly well go and take their seats!
2015 is around the corner,all these thieves should stop
spewing nonsense out of their mouths!
This whole saga reeks of political as well as tribalistic
bigotry.
Pay a visit to their various constituencies,
they are not even able to redeem the areas
they are representing;national interest my boot!!!!!!!!
All they know how to do is impeachment! Nonsense!
Any attempt at any nonsense should lead to a break-up of
this huge joke called Nigeria!!!!!
We dey watch them!!!

1 Like

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2012
cog1: As far as I'm concerned,all those representaTHIEVES,
calling for impeachment beacuse of pecuniary party
interests can jolly well go and take their seats!
2015 is around the corner,all these thieves should stop
spewing nonsense out of their mouths!
This whole saga reeks of political as well as tribalistic
bigotry.
Pay a visit to their various constituencies,
they are not even able to redeem the areas
they are representing;national interest my boot!!!!!!!!
All they know how to do is impeachment! Nonsense!
Any attempt at any nonsense should lead to a break-up of
this huge joke called Nigeria!!!!!
We dey watch them!!!

NewsFlash!!! These representatives represent you. Na una send dem there to represent una. So rather than whine and complain in vain, why not FIRE your representatives? Recall them from your state, your LG etc. This one is not like the Presidency where you need the whole country to agree with you. All you need is people in your own state, village, etc. to say, "Oga senator, no represent us again", and they will go packing.
All this one wey you dey yarn here na nonsense. As far as the rest of the country is concerned, your senator from your state is representing you well, that is why he has still not lost his job.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by cog1: 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2012
lookmangiw:
i'm 199% certain that this jmaine and billyonaire are beaf's minikers(sic). I can bet my life on this.

So,if they are beaf's mimics,not minikers(na wa o!)
according to you;so they don't have
right to air their own personal views again, abi?!
Who has stopped you from airing yours? Please stick to the topic.
This is the last reply you are getting;if you reply me,you will confirm my
worst fears and woe betide you.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Biodup: 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2012
Nigerians wake up. These legislooters have suceeded in distrating our attension on faruk lawan saga. This 7th assembly never mean well for d country. If they suceeded in in impeaching GEJ the cost will b more than d benefit.

1 Like

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by cog1: 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2012
NewsFlash!!! These representatives represent you. Na una send dem there to represent una. So rather than whine and complain in vain, why not FIRE your representatives? Recall them from your state, your LG etc. This one is not like the Presidency where you need the whole country to agree with you. All you need is people in your own state, village, etc. to say, "Oga senator, no represent us again", and they will go packing.
All this one wey you dey yarn here na nonsense. As far as the rest of the country is concerned, your senator from your state is representing you well, that is why he has still not lost his job.

There is nothing newsworthy in this trash you just posted!
FYI,you better learn to read other people's posts well before you
start off!
Go to your constituency and start the "I no go gree waka"
you just described to remove the senator representing your area who
I'm very sure is not performing!
As for me,I need my peace of mind to do better things.
Just in case you didn't know,I didn't bother to
vote for anyone during the last
elections;not even Jonathan!!!
Tell all the nonsense you have written to those who did!!!!!
Don't bother to reply me;this is the last you are getting.
Time is precious!
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2012
Biodup: Nigerians wake up. These legislooters have suceeded in distrating our attension on faruk lawan saga. This 7th assembly never mean well for d country. If they suceeded in in impeaching GEJ the cost will b more than d benefit.

Are you sure distracting the Nation from the farouk-Otedola nonsense, so people can finally face that which really matters to the Nation as a whole, is a bad thing?

The Farouk-Otedola situation should be in the hands of the right authorities. We have wasted enough of the Nation's time on that nonsense. Let the guilty parties be prosecuted by the securities. Until then, I suggest we eyes right to what really matters to the entity called Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
cog1:
There is nothing newsworthy in this trash you just posted!
FYI,you better learn to read other people's posts well before you
start off!
Go to your constituency and start the "I no go gree waka"
you just described to remove the senator representing your area who
I'm very sure is not performing!
As for me,I need my peace of mind to do better things.
Just in case you didn't know,I didn't bother to
vote for anyone during the last
elections;not even Jonathan!!!
Tell all the nonsense you have written to those who did!!!!!
Don't bother to reply me;this is the last you are getting.
Time is precious!

Given that this information is new to you, it is newsworthy FOR YOU. Sorry, I don't see what your peace or none, has to do with anything that is posted on here, even on this forum. If you need peace, then probably stay away from commenting on issues political.

If you did not bother to vote for anyone, or even stand for anything, then why are you complaining that nothing is going right? Why do you feel the need to inundate us with your opinions which really don't matter at all since you don't bother to take steps to make things happen at the end of the day? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2012
We shouldn't mind the Reps, this is another venture to make more money from the GEJ.
Soon bags of 'ghana must go' will start arriving in their various offices and then what!, they will keep quiet.
Let's be honest, those guys are bunch of time wasters of the highest order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nmamdi Kanu Might Be Correct About Jubril Of Sudan. / Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? / Made In Biafra Pencil Flood The Markert In South East-pics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.