Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,920 members, 7,969,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:42 PM

Re : A Christian Section - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re : A Christian Section (920 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Open Letter To Seun (NL) To Create A Christian Section / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re : A Christian Section by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2012
With the invasion of this forum by atheists and others of no fixed religion, it is becoming more and more apparent that Seun needs to provide Christians with a section of theirs.

It is almost impossible to fellowship with other believers on this forum because of childish trolls roaming the place, entering every topic not meant for them, adding silly comments and providing no value to the thread and constantly derailing topics.

80% of the topics raised on this forum are by atheists , who while denying the existence of God spend almost their entire time ( not sure if they have real jobs ) talking about him.

Most people of good intention and maturity have left this forum, and people like me are fast beginning to lose interest .

Do something about it, before the quality and quantity of debaters abandon this forum.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by tpia5: 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2012
its intentional.

they just dont want serious christian discourse here.

most likely working for our friends in the other section.

but you too used to disturb them though.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Logicbwoy: 6:12pm On Jul 24, 2012
frosbel: With the invasion of this forum by atheists and others of no fixed religion, it is becoming more and more apparent that Seun needs to provide Christians with a section of theirs.

It is almost impossible to fellowship with other believers on this forum because of childish trolls roaming the place, entering every topic not meant for them, adding silly comments and providing no value to the thread and constantly derailing topics.

80% of the topics raised on this forum are by atheists , who while denying the existence of God spend almost their entire time ( not sure if they have real jobs ) talking about him.

Most people of good intention and maturity have left this forum, and people like me are fast beginning to lose interest .

Do something about it, before the quality and quantity of debaters abandon this forum.

lol....so atheists are winning? grin grin grin grin

How the mighty have fallen!
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2012
Logicbwoy:

lol....so atheists are winning? grin grin grin grin

How the mighty have fallen!

On the contrary , mature minds simply want to engage in debate with other mature minds, as simple as that.

You for one, have taken it one notch up to kindergarten level !
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Logicbwoy: 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2012
frosbel:

On the contrary , mature minds simply want to engage in debate with other mature minds, as simple as that.

You for one, have taken it one notch up to kindergarten level !

You cant win on the internet with atheists. No way.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by kokabiel(f): 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2012
You may try to concentrate on preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ rather than whine about how Seun is not letting you do otherwise.

There was a tiem i did a search for Jesus on Religion Section (wish Seun could put back that feature) and found it way below words like Pastor Chris, Daddy GO, TB Joshua was actually far less mentioned on the Religion section and close to Jesus Christ. sad so what are Christians really discussing when they are not slagging on non-christians.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Logicbwoy: 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2012
kokabiel: You may try to concentrate on preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ rather than whine about how Seun is not letting you do otherwise.

There was a tiem i did a search for Jesus on Religion Section (wish Seun could put back that feature) and found it way below words like Pastor Chris, Daddy GO, TB Joshua was actually far less mentioned on the Religion section and close to Jesus Christ. sad so what are Christians really discussing when they are not slagging on non-christians.

Wow, so it is even christians that are destroying their own religion. They rather talk about Past Chris and TB Joshua than Jesus! LMAO
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2012
kokabiel: You may try to concentrate on preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ rather than whine about how Seun is not letting you do otherwise.

i concur! Its mostly anti-chris, anti-tb etc and emphasis on sin and sins which was taken away once by the eternal blood. No wonder i prefer christian vs atheist (eg mr anony, ihedio etc)than christian vs christian
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Delafruita(m): 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2012
frosbel: With the invasion of this forum by atheists and others of no fixed religion, it is becoming more and more apparent that Seun needs to provide Christians with a section of theirs.

how has seun held you back from preaching the gospel?do you want to preach the gospel to fellow believers?you're just frustrated because your lack of knowledge of what xtianity says is highlighted by folks who look at xtianity dispassionately
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
Just as expected , false prophet adherents moving into the camp of the enemy ! cheesy)
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
Delafruita:
how has seun held you back from preaching the gospel?do you want to preach the gospel to fellow believers?you're just frustrated because your lack of knowledge of what xtianity says is highlighted by folks who look at xtianity dispassionately

On the contrary , I care not what you think , say or do in reference to Christianity. What perplexes me is how obsessed you and your cohorts are with religion , despite not believing in God, lol.

Reminds me of how Stalin and chairman Mao started out , first with a hatred of religion and then subsequent massacres of millions .

Same mindset.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
Seun has told us why he wouldnt have a christian section child board. INTERNET TRAFFIC and the other is cos the atheists are obsessed with God and the Christians
Re: Re : A Christian Section by unphilaz(m): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2012
frosbel: Just as expected , false prophet adherents moving into the camp of the enemy ! cheesy)
you mean hisblud?hoha ha ha ha
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Delafruita(m): 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2012
frosbel:

On the contrary , I care not what you think , say or do in reference to Christianity. What perplexes me is how obsessed you and your cohorts are with religion , despite not believing in God, lol.

Reminds me of how Stalin and chairman Mao started out , first with a hatred of religion and then subsequent massacres of millions .

Same mindset.
what do stalin and mao have to do with agitation for a christian section?why not add hitler,pope leo,pope augustine,pope benedict etc to the list?didnt they also massacre millions?
therez no obsession with religion.rather,xtians are obsessed with "converting" others via "preaching the gospel".unfortunately for you guys here in this section,you have to "convert" people who are knowledgeable about your religion and others like it.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by kokabiel(f): 8:25pm On Jul 24, 2012
frosbel:

Same mindset.

That is absolutely hateful thinking - from your speech it seems you have an unhealthy obsession with Atheists and Religion.

Gal 5: 22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Goshen360(m): 8:32pm On Jul 24, 2012

Brother Frosbel,

Thank you for the heart of the word of God burning inside of you. I must confess to you. The quality of this board is fast degrading due to the points raised and highlighted above. For someone like me, I can continue arguing with an Atheist that his/her mind is already made up or not ready to listen to other people's view or not being open minded. This is one of the reason you don't see me here often anymore except when a thread critically calls for me to speak.

I do not claim to know ALL but am here to spread the Gospel and teach God's people the truth in God's word. Staying here in the religious session most time is like one is wasting his/her time due to the childish behavior and immature conversation of some contributors. You are right on spot that having fellowship with other believers is fast fading away on this board. It's not a good thing at all. When Atheists don't believe in our God, what then are they doing in threads opened to discuss about the God they don't believe in other than derail such threads? This is the reason I have simply decided to read behind from behind for quite sometimes now.

We (Christians) need a session exclusively for Christian teachings, exhortation, building ourselves and for growth.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Goshen360(m): 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
kokabiel:

That is absolutely hateful thinking - from your speech it seems you have an unhealthy obsession with Atheists and Religion.

I don't think frosbel have any unhealthy obsession with Atheists. I don't know how long you have being around here but the truth is, their are many Atheists here that are just too rude and immature. I respect people like manmustwac, mazaje and other mature Atheist who contributes without derailing any Christian threads and who knows when and which threads to enter into. This is the core issue.

And as for the anti pastor chris and anti tb joshua case you mentioned rather than preaching the Gospel, the word of God is not respectal of persons. If a man is a "world wide" pastor or prophets and says something that is quite not "sound" doctrine, they word of God permits us to refute such man even though he is of the house of faith. However, we need wisdom to do that. I personally don't like to mention names when I do sound teachings exposing false teachings in the body of Christ. Just because a man of God preaches something from the bible as long as he get a verse to back up his actions does not make ALL practices right, if it were so, we will ALL be right and no one will be wrong. The word of God is two edged sword my sister.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2012
[quote author=Delafruita]
what do stalin and mao have to do with agitation for a christian section?why not add hitler,pope leo,pope augustine,pope benedict etc to the list?didnt they also massacre millions?

Their hatred and evangelical persecution of religion ended with the termination of about 200 million lives.

therez no obsession with religion

There is !!!

You are definitely obsessed with religion.

.rather,xtians are obsessed with "converting" others via "preaching the gospel".unfortunately for you guys here in this section,you have to "convert" people who are knowledgeable about your religion and others like it.

Knowledgeable

Sounds like ignorant.

You can only talk on patches of out of context verses in the bible and make up stories as you go along , if you call that knowledgeable then I congratulate you.

We are not here to convert you , but to debate on church matters, talk about the born again experience and point out heresies.

Why this concerns you is beyond me , go discuss on apes and evolution.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
Goshen360:

Brother Frosbel,

Thank you for the heart of the word of God burning inside of you. I must confess to you. The quality of this board is fast degrading due to the points raised and highlighted above. For someone like me, I can continue arguing with an Atheist that his/her mind is already made up or not ready to listen to other people's view or not being open minded. This is one of the reason you don't see me here often anymore except when a thread critically calls for me to speak.

I do not claim to know ALL but am here to spread the Gospel and teach God's people the truth in God's word. Staying here in the religious session most time is like one is wasting his/her time due to the childish behavior and immature conversation of some contributors. You are right on spot that having fellowship with other believers is fast fading away on this board. It's not a good thing at all. When Atheists don't believe in our God, what then are they doing in threads opened to discuss about the God they don't believe in other than derail such threads? This is the reason I have simply decided to read behind from behind for quite sometimes now.

We (Christians) need a session exclusively for Christian teachings, exhortation, building ourselves and for growth.

Thank you my brother.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2012
toba: Seun has told us why he wouldnt have a christian section child board. INTERNET TRAFFIC and the other is cos the atheists are obsessed with God and the Christians

Indeed, I agree.

There is an almost diabolical thing about their attraction to the attack on Christ and his Church.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by kokabiel(f): 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2012
Goshen360 and Frosbel - your concerns are well-placed but your reaction as well as subsequent actions are self-defeating. the purpose is lost - or derailed as you put it

1: The Gospel has not changed in content and purpose since the days of Jesus Christ - preaching it has and mostly negatively too (referring to our flim-flam televangelists and prosperity-scamming MOG) frankly, it has done far more damage to the cause than Atheists or non-believers can.
2: Discussing Scripture or Theological Points is a very self-nurturing exercise and beneficial to Christian Spiritual growth - This you can do by Clarifying common misconceptions and misinterpretations in Scripture

You can always tell when one is giving a honest opinion and when one is spoiling/baiting for a Fight. in most threads I see atheists commenting on with vitriol, you can see the uncharacteristic unchristian reaction the poster adopts. this is the reason for having your threads ultimately derailed. you let emotions get the better of you. If your post invites a discussion, who is to say that non-believers must stay away

[b]Matthew 9:12-13 [/b]When Jesus heard that, He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. {13} "But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.

I think every poster has a responsibility to present a clear, unambiguous (no loose interpretations) position that he can defend or leave to the audience to make up their minds. Insults, Sarcasm and bias will only invite like behaviour - in the end, you become who you dislike.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Goshen360(m): 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2012
^^^
My sister, I understand you perfectly well. My issue is (without specifically mentioning some names), how do we have good fellowship when you open a thread for Christian teachings, growth and edification when there is constant derailing and immature activities that is constantly done on purpose by some "babies"? How? It's like you are in your work place and being constantly disturbed by a "mad man", will you be encouraged to continue to work in such office? I am not against Atheist per say on this board, but I think the rules of this session is not strictly adhered to and this is main cause to the quality of Christian fellowship we have on this session.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by kokabiel(f): 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^
My sister, I understand you perfectly well. My issue is (without specifically mentioning some names), how do we have good fellowship when you open a thread for Christian teachings, growth and edification when there is constant derailing and immature activities that is constantly done on purpose by some "babies"? How? It's like you are in your work place and being constantly disturbed by a "mad man", will you be encouraged to continue to work in such office? I am not against Atheist per say on this board, but I think the rules of this session is not strictly adhered to and this is main cause to the quality of Christian fellowship we have on this session.

Mathew 7:6 [/b]Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Simply ignore such comments, if the MOD is not too busy a rule and effective BAN Action is called for.
You can title your post [b]For Christians ONLY - let us discuss Healing..
per chance an unruly immature non-believer starts making nonconstructive comments - simply hit the Report button and have them banned for at least a week. but seriously, staying focused on the Message and the Audience is far more important than the arguing who God is and whether he exists or not or when the earth was formed.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Goshen360(m): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2012
Like I said, many of this things you raise had been tried and failed. There are stubborn Atheists here that are determined to derail and pollute such threads opened with good intentions. Besides, if one is mature in his/her conversation, one should understand that not ALL threads you should jump into. Take it serious, some people are here just being on pampers and never want to grow up. May God help us all.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2012
odunnu started a topic like this awhile ago but nothing happened. sorry mr op.
Re: Re : A Christian Section by Delafruita(m): 6:39am On Jul 25, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^
how do we have good discussion when xtians are constantly condemning others to hell?FXking2012 is constantly creating anti-atheists threads.others constantly use words such as "pity" in the same sentence with the word "atheist".how do you expect a goood discussion when most christians on this forum(at least for now)seem hellbent on informing everyone that nobody is good except they worship yahweh.they keep attempting to insist that atheism is responsible for evil(good example is frosbel's reference to mao tse tung and stalin).such insinuations require atheists to "remind" xtians of the evil perpetrated in the name of their religion.
i must admit there are some good conversationists among the xtians like ihedinobi,goshen360,frosbel(sometimes),Mr_Anony and there are some you cant help but learn from like buzugee(his theories crack my ribs),daviddylan(when hez not throwing insults),joagbaje(when he's not claiming superiority to elijah and isaiah).
the religion section shouldnt be just about the "mature folks".therez teenagers coming on here who are still at a confused stage and need to learn the reality of the world they live in.they need a forum to be able to express their doubts and expect informed unbiased responses.

(1) (Reply)

It Was Launched @ RCCG Convection 2012 For RCCG Youths / "LOVERS INTERNATIONAL ACTIVE CHURCH" / The Last Question - Asimov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.