Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,632 members, 7,979,149 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:33 PM

Nairaland Wants Your Real Name - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Nairaland Wants Your Real Name (2368 Views)

Check Out The Best Way To Know A Girl's Real Name / When Mammy Water Wants Your Car As Her Private Car (photo) / How To Know The Real Name Of A 9ja Girl Forming Posh. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by antitpiah: 9:41am On Jul 25, 2012
It wasn’t always this way. Back before the internet (if you are old enough to remember such a time) there was little opportunity to post anonymous dirty comments, apart for rest room stalls. However, since the advent of Nairaland, it seems like everyone is a critic. Many times it seems as if everyone is a foul-mouthed, brain-dead, ignorant critic in the mould of Sagamite. You know…a comment troll.

Comment sections on Nairaland can be an especially icky part of the internet, but Nairaland owner Seun Osewa is looking to clean up its image by linking your anonymous profile with your Facebook account.

That’s correct, your real name and face may now be associated with all your pointless commentary. Including commentaries about the guy you are cheating on. Yes, Seun wants everything.

A supermod for Nairaland declined to comment today on whether more changes are in store, but it’s easy to imagine that offering accounts with real names is just a first step toward hiding, and eventually eliminating, comments from anonymous forumites. Such steps would do much to improve the perceived quality of Nairaland content.

Seun continues describing the advantages of such a system by saying, “This is your identity, so you’re in the driver’s seat. First off, your name. If you are currently Nairaland user Sagamite, you can now appear as Ponle Sagamu of University of Bristol School of Fucktards, the full name from your Facebook profile (with an actual space in the middle!), along with any photo you uploaded.”

“Next step, your past activity. Maybe you posted a few things way back (all those “I love you Naijababes!!” comments?) that you’d rather not associate with publicly. By clicking “Review my content,” you can see every video, comment or playlist you’ve ever posted, and decide whether you want it associated with your full name before making the change.”

If you don’t want to use your Facebook account, you can refuse, but you are prompted with a second attempt such as, “Are you sure?” Then, like some kind of internet degenerate and fucktardeen, you must explain why you don’t want to use your full name.

Civility and free speech are difficult to balance even among people who agree on things. Add in thousands of anonymous know-it-alls, dimwits arrogating intellectual superiority to themselves and we have, well, the internet as we know it. This is definitely a step in the right direction for Nairaland; whether or not its users will actually start using their real names is another question.

Adapted from: http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/1112662376/youtube-commenting-with-your-real-name/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by Chanchit: 9:50am On Jul 25, 2012
.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by Chanchit: 9:51am On Jul 25, 2012
This is a bad step in the wrong direction......! Then i would be out of NL ASAP... First let me start by clearing all the comments I've made so far.... Tnk God no be only me una go catch, na dt day u go knw say GEJ sef dey nairaland...
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by Biggyd2: 10:04am On Jul 25, 2012
You are kidding, right? shocked shocked shocked. Very soon we will hear of NL members that were wasted because of the comments they made here. I no dey o!
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by Yeske2(m): 11:04am On Jul 25, 2012
Waiting for antitipia to lead the pack but what has sagamite got to do with it anyway?
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by PointB: 11:11am On Jul 25, 2012
Seun will consider that possibility when he's gotten enough revenue, and wouldn't mind dwindling from the politics section.

In anycase, activity will shift to the apolitical sections of Nairaland. But traffic to Nairaland will certainly decrease!
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by BeraBera(f): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2012
For what? What do u want to do with my name and face? sad una wan come kill me? In fact, I don vex I'm outa here angry

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by nanidee(f): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2012
My piece of advice to whom it may concern: dont let it get into your head that nairaland is all that. As a matter of fact, it isn't!

Most people just come here to have fun, and that's it. Don't even think that people cannot do without nairaland, because that would be a silly deception.

Try the above and see the website crumble to bits. . . My two cents!
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by 175(m): 11:20am On Jul 25, 2012
Holy Moses! Thunder fire d idea n d message but not d messenger. Una wan kil person? 40-man laptop crew go just assasinate d following:
Gbawe
Demdem
Afam4eva
Oamaj d mod etc.
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by jidobaba(m): 11:41am On Jul 25, 2012
Hmmph! If anyone really wanted to track anybody down, its a simple honeytrap(for guys) or gifthorse(for girls) away. I don't do fb anyway. tongue
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 25, 2012
Ɣou HªvΣ my full support. i already hav my pic & real name on my profile. i dnt HªvΣ any reason τ̅o hide my identity, i can neva be two faced! i dnt say tins i cnt defend in public! i can Imagine Ђδω some hypocrite will react τ̅o dis! i am watchin y'all two faced biatches on HD.
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by Afam4eva(m): 11:52am On Jul 25, 2012
I think Nairaland happens to be the very first anonymous forum i have ever come across. Other Nigerian forums are not anonymous as most of their members have their pictures as their thumbnail.
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2012
afam4eva: I think Nairaland happens to be the very first anonymous forum i have ever come across. Other Nigerian forums are not anonymous as most of their members have their pictures as their thumbnail.

Why dont you have your Pic as your thumbnail?
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by ODB1: 12:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
The owner wants to sell your identity to the CIA.

The internet is not a pulpit neither was it ever designed to regulate individual conscience.

Seun is just in for the money and he will sell you for a buck if given the opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by Acidosis(m): 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
I'll like this ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2012
kingoflag:

Why dont you have your Pic as your thumbnail?
Abi?
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by jamace(m): 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
Those who want to see my face say, "AYE!!!". Those who do not want to see my face say, "Nay!!!'. The Nays have it. grin
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by hillsate: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
Assuming above isinuations are true, what happens to those without fb account? And what makes you think people will not register fake fb account and link them to their nairaland account?
If Seun implements this then atleat he will be giving upcoming social media gurus opportunity to flourish. Expect names like nairalands, nairalan, nairalannd, nairasland.
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by sheyguy: 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2012
If Seun should go ahead and force this new system on members of NL, it will be wrong because most of the User joined and User IDs here exist because of anonymity of the Forum.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by Johndoe100(m): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
What is bad in this? All the azzholes who run their mouths like they are human will (as the people say) "smell their yansh"
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by vanbonattel: 1:26pm On Jul 25, 2012
I go first, my name is Tanigororomambuzaniyifalchineyinusamedo Umakunjoshinomoyedulalachimuntabonigoriwa

Next person please grin
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by jmaine: 1:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
See as men dey shiver . . .No more abuses and insults galore . . .Finally we did put your identity where your mouth is cheesy . . . . .

Any how yagayagara now . . .No lele . . . Make e be as Seun talk am . . . .
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by PhysicsQED(m): 1:32pm On Jul 25, 2012
The opening post is a bit funny just because of how unnecessary all the insults in it were.
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by Ejine(m): 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
PhysicsQED = FStranger

I know it because my team of detectives have cracked the case.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by naptu2: 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2012
grin grin grin

Boy do I love this! I've just landed in heaven!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by DExplorer1: 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2012
This will result to LESS traffic on Nairaland if executed. The other way round is making it optional i.e NL members can choose to link NL to their Social Network profile or not. Gathering opinions of NL members is somewhat crucial.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by DExplorer1: 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2012
jmaine: See as men dey shiver . . .No more abuses and insults galore . . .Finally we did put your identity where your mouth is cheesy . . . . .

Bro, how ya side?

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by Ezira: 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2012
Seems it is now time to bid Nairaland a permanent good bye. What a senseless idea?
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2012
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by ODB1: 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
jmaine: See as men dey shiver . . .No more abuses and insults galore . . .Finally we did put your identity where your mouth is cheesy . . . . .

The issue is what he will do with our bio?

Facebook made alot of money by leaking your profile to the CIA
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by kodewrita(m): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2012
Sadly, no url to the location or page where this is mentioned. All we have is a supposed "supermod". Believe a bold faced lie at your own peril.
Re: Nairaland Wants Your Real Name by olaadegoke(m): 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2012
See as every body dey fall for anti-tpia Prank grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adultery And Fornication / LWKMD See Wetin This Babes Dey Do for bush / Bad Mind Peeps---this Pix Got Me Lmao

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.