Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,526 members, 7,971,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:07 PM

99propertyng's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 99propertyng's Profile / 99propertyng's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Celebrities / Re: VIDEO: Skales – Nobody’s Business Ft. Banky W by 99propertyng: 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
Is RITA the new Linda in the video??
Sports / Re: Nwakali And Chukwueze Flaunt Their FIFAU17 Medals by 99propertyng: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
These guys are young

1 Like

Properties / Re: Need Help. My Landlord Gave Me 7 Days Quit Notice by 99propertyng: 9:17am On Jun 28, 2016
elbukaze:
Before the expiration I was never given any six months notice, he called me a day to the expiration date and tell me he is not interested in me renewing the rent that I should start looking for house, after two days he came with a layer to serve me the quit notice, I have never in any way disturbed the peace of the property, the reason he gave me is that he want to make use of the property, Please will appreciate if you can help me with your contact, my whatsapp number is 08064741098. Thank you

I am sorry, i am just seeing your post. I hope its not too late (I pray)
Back to the matter, I think you should insist of telling the lawyer that, you were not served 6 months quit notice prior to the expiration of the tenancy period. Let him understand that, getting an apartment within a short period of time is unrealistic. I employ you to beg for 3 months duration (although not in any law) to allow you find an apartment. Mind you, the three months you requested should be free.

I dont want to give out my personal number here bro.
I am a staff working for this company.
Properties / Re: Need Help. My Landlord Gave Me 7 Days Quit Notice by 99propertyng: 10:20am On Jun 24, 2016
I read the letter with keen interest and it is very laughable. So, landlords still carry on with this attitude nowadays? Pathetic!!!
Shame on the Lawyer that drafted the letter though.
Back to the topic, before the expiration of the rent, were you at all given 6 months quit notice?
Were you in anyway disturbing the peace of the property and community which serves as threat to the lives and properties of the community?

Answer the above question first and i will tell you the next step to take.

Visit: www.99propertyng.com
Celebrities / Re: Comedian Emmanuella To Launch Her Clothing Line by 99propertyng: 8:51am On Jun 24, 2016
This girl is gradually skipping 'childhood stage' unknowingly to her management team.
Ask Usher, Micheal Jackson, Bieber, Miley Cyrus etc

Wish her the best of luck tho
Sports / Re: Ogenyi Onazi Survives Accident In Oyo State Ahead Of Saturday Wedding (photos) by 99propertyng: 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
Thank God for his life
Properties / Benefits Of Hiring A Property Management Company - 1 by 99propertyng: 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
A competent property manager can add significant value to your investment, which is why many seasoned real estate investors will tell you that a good management company is worth their weight in gold. Here are a few ways that a good property manager earns their keep.
Higher Quality Tenants
Think of tenant screening as the moat and draw bridge around your castle. It is certainly possible to get a bad tenant out of your home once they are in, but it’s a real hassle and you are so much better off never accepting them in the first place. A thorough screening process results in reliable tenants that:
• Pay on time
• Rent longer
• Put less wear and tear on the unit
• Generally cause less problems
An experienced property management company as 99 Property Nigeria Limited has seen thousands of applications and knows how to quickly dig for the real facts about candidates and analyze that information for warning signs. By allowing a management company to handle the screening, you will also be shielding yourself from rental scams directed at owners, and discrimination lawsuits resulting from an inconsistent screening process. This kind of experience takes time, and insomuch as it means avoiding bad tenants, scams and lawsuits it is arguably one of the most significant benefits a property management company will provide.
Fewer costly and time consuming legal problems
Veteran landlords know it only takes one troublesome tenant to cause significant legal and financial headaches. A good property manager is armed with the knowledge of the latest landlord-tenant laws and will ensure that you are not leaving yourself vulnerable to a potential law suit. Each state in Nigeria, particularly in Lagos have their own laws, these plus federal law cover a number of areas including but not limited to:
• Tenant screening
• Safety and property conditions of the property
• Evictions
• Inspections
• Lease addendums
• Terminating leases
• Handling security deposits
• Rent collection
Avoiding a single law suit can more than pay for the property management fees, and spare you time and anguish.
Shorter vacancy cycles
A property manager will help you perform three critical tasks that affect how long it takes to fill your vacancies:
• Improve and prepare the property for rent - A property manager will suggest and oversee cosmetic improvements that maximize revenue.
• Determine the best rent rate - Too high and you are stuck waiting, to low and you’re losing money every month the tenant is in the unit. Determining the optimal price requires knowledge of the local market, data on recently sold comparables, and access to rental rate tools.
• Effectively market your property - An experienced property management company has written hundreds of ads and understands what to say and where advertise in order to get a larger pool of candidates in a ..................................
Continue reading: http://www.99propertyng.com/benefits-hiring-property-management-company-1/
Properties / Re: 7 Smart Moves To Being A Good Landlord by 99propertyng: 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
TempUser:
what happens when your tenant tiles the apartment you leased them and is owing for months shocked

In real property management; we have what we call chattels and fittings. A chattel is what a tenant brings to the house without causing physical damage or alterations to the building eg. Chair, Fridge etc. While, fittings is what the tenant brings into the house that damages, deface or alter the building e.g. Drilling of nail to the wall, fixing of Wall Tv, tiles, A.C etc.
Back to your question, if the tenant informs you before putting tiles in the house, depending on your previous conversation and agreement, he may want to deduct such expenses from the rent.
otherwise, if you were not informed of such thing, you have every right to request your full payment of your rent and the tenant has no right to remove the tiles when leaving the apartment because the apartment reverts back to you.

visit us today at; www.99propertyng.com and read articles on our website.

1 Like

Properties / 7 Smart Moves To Being A Good Landlord by 99propertyng: 8:50am On Jun 14, 2016
Being a landlord is not for everybody, but in today’s rental market, it can be a smart way to grow your wealth. That’s because demand for rental units continues to be strong — driven by the failure of wages to keep up with the rising cost of housing.
However, you can still buy rental property and actually make income on it. It should not, therefore, be mistaken for a way to get rich quick. This is a long-term investment that needs to be approached carefully. But if you’re still itching to tap your inner real estate baron, here are 7 smart moves to help you get started.

Smart Move 1: Recognize that being a landlord is a business.
Being a landlord is different than being a private homeowner. It’s a business, and you need to treat it like one. “Where I see a lot of people make mistakes is, they don’t have a good business plan,” Roberts a real estate investor says. “This type of investment is not hands-off. It’s not just a passive revenue stream. It requires involvement. It requires your time. It requires certain skills.”
Any property you buy has to make sense from a business perspective, not because it is a house you would like to live in. That means it should be a reasonably priced home likely to appeal to the kind of tenants you’re looking for.

Smart Move 2: Start small.
Roberts suggests starting with a single house or smaller multiple-dwelling unit, perhaps with a partner, to see if the business really suits you.
“Single-family residences are the easiest properties to buy when you’re looking for investment property,” Merrill says. Condominiums usually require a larger down payment and monthly association fees.
Starting with a single home will allow you to get a feel for the maintenance, bookkeeping and other work required. Roberts and Merrill both recommend choosing an initial property without high-maintenance features such as elaborate landscaping.

Smart Move 3: Don’t invest somewhere you don’t know.
An old joke is that the three keys to a successful business are “location, location, location.”
That’s especially true for rental property. A home that seems to be a steal might be priced lower because it’s in a neighborhood most people wouldn’t want to live in — with higher crime or poor schools, for example. For that reason, investing in out-of-state property is a gamble. Buying in neighborhoods you know well or have carefully researched is the smart move.

Smart Move 4: Figure out the right rent.
Rents differ widely around Lagos State. We at 99 Property Nigeria Limited can give you an idea of what they are where you are buying. Then you need to determine if that rent will be enough to cover your costs. Too often, people take a look at their loan and think if they cover that, they are doing fine.
We advise our clients to put aside, 5% of gross rental income to regular maintenance and another 5% to pay for the downtime and repairs that come with vacancies. Not budgeting enough for maintenance is a common mistake. Things break. You’re going to need money in a bank account to deal with those......................

CONTINUE READING http://99propertyng.com/7-smart-moves-successful-landord/

Celebrities / Re: Wizkid's Artwork Created By Chris Brown (photo) by 99propertyng: 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
Interesting
Properties / The Advantage Of New Lagos Electronic Certificate Of Occupancy (e- C Of O) by 99propertyng: 11:03am On Jun 04, 2016
For almost 4 years Lagosians have been waiting to catch a glimpse of the New Lagos Electronic Certificate of Occupancy (e- C of O) to replace the old Bulky Yellow one in circulation that could easily be cloned and i am happy to say 99propertyng.com has finally obtained a copy of the new E-C of O and we are very excited with what we have seen. Here is an Exclusive first Look of all the New Features and additions to make the new Electronic Certificate of Occupancy more Secure and Fraud proof.
It now comes in the form of a simple deed of assignment or contract that is binded so as to make it very easy to carry around and more aesthetically pleasing. This new E-C of O comes with the following features:

It has the Picture of the Owner of the C of O scanned and printed on the Paper other than the previous one that has a real passport photograph of the owner. Previous complaints of the picture format used in the Old C of O includes fraudsters mutilating the pictures and replacing them with other people’s pictures that they intend to use to deceive a willing buyer who did not conduct a proper search. With this new scanned picture format, it will be very difficult to alter the E-C of O without raising any suspicions.

The picture of the owner of the E-C of O has been electronically scanned on the paper document and is visible to all from the onset the moment you come across an E-C of O.

Secondly there is an Encrypted enhanced 2D bar code on the C of O that is only Unique to the Owner of that C of O. This additional Security Characteristic embedded in the C of O contains vital security information that can only be viewed with an enabled barcode reader that is unique to only the owner of this C of O.

Read more: http://99propertyng.com/advantage-new-lagos-electronic-certificate-occupancy-e-c-o/
Properties / In Need Of A Landed Property Or Accomodation Within Lagos? Contact Us by 99propertyng: 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
Welcome to 99properties Nigeria Limited Nairaland Office

Do you want to owe landed properties with genuine certificates?
Are you a Business man that want to invest in Landed Properties?
Are you a Corper in Lagos and in need of accommodation within Lagos Island?
Are you outside Nigeria and you need a professional to help develop your properties?
If yes on any above question or further questions about landed properties
Visit Our Website: www.99propertyng.com
or send a mail to 99propertyng@gmail.com
or call: 08099994949, 08099994939

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.