Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,748 members, 7,930,558 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 09:33 PM

9icetoo's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9icetoo's Profile / 9icetoo's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 126 pages)

Car Talk / Re: Change Oil Warning Just After 1km With Mobil 1 Engine Oil by 9icetoo(m): 12:20pm On Aug 15
pimplucious:

Like I said I did the reset myself. Doing the reset is not rocket science anybody should be able to do actually.

On the Mobile 1 container, it says “protects for 20,000 miles guaranteed” and I only did just above 3k kilometers. It doesn’t add up.

I switched to Hardex based on expert advice. He said adulterated Mobile 1 is common. So chances I get adulterated Hardex is slim when compared.

Anyways, thanks.
Regardless of what Mobil 1 says, use your manufacturers recommended Oil Change Interval.

That 20,000 miles has a caveat. It usually applies to vehicles with large oil sumps (the types that take between 8 to 10 liters during service). Yours uses 5 liters max during service.

Again, you are still insinuating that your vehicle gave you a prompt for oil change due to oil quality.

How it assessed that quality is strange.

But what do I know?

Did I idle your vehicle a lot during this period?

Were you in heavy stop and go traffic?
Car Talk / Re: Change Oil Warning Just After 1km With Mobil 1 Engine Oil by 9icetoo(m): 5:58am On Aug 15
pimplucious:

I did set the maintenance minder myself. What we arrived at is the Mobil 1 I got is likely adulterated as a lot of adulterated Mobil 1 is common in the market so I switched to Hardex 0W 20 so I’m observing it.

Your car does not measure oil quality.

Read what I wrote again.

Your car does not measure oil quality.

You are going from Mobil 1 (fake according to you) to hardex (who told you it's original) and you think you are better off?

Again, do the oil minder reset properly yourself next time or ensure whoever is doing it, did it properly.

Good luck.
Car Talk / Re: Change Oil Warning Just After 1km With Mobil 1 Engine Oil by 9icetoo(m): 11:37am On Aug 13
pimplucious:
I’m driving a 2012 Honda Crosstour, after servicing it on the 25th of June this year with a Mobil 1 engine oil I bought for 48k, I thought I won’t be bothered with servicing for at least 6months or 10k kilometers whichever comes first.

But to my surprise, just after 1,067km and a bit more than a month, the oil change monitor shows on the cluster board the oil quality has dropped to 10%.

I bought the Mobil 1 engine oil from a Mobil station after assuring me it is genuine.

Is there anyone here using Honda crosstour? Do you experience this same issue using Mobil 1 engine oil?

Pic 1: Date oil was changed and mileage before oil change. Mileage on car before oil change: 181,567

Pic 2: current mileage on car: 182,634

Pic 3: Oil life % reading

Pic 4: Mobil 1 container containing the Mobil 1 oil used.

You did not reset the maintenance minder.

It is as simple as that.

The maintenance minder measures oil life using two parameters; distance driven and time.

The 2012 crosstour does not measure oil quality and quantity.

Next time, make sure the mechanic resets the maintenance minder in your presence or you do it yourself.
Car Talk / Re: My Transmission Kia Rio 2014 Model Being Stuck In Third Gear Mean It Will Be Slo by 9icetoo(m): 9:51pm On Jul 21
Stevclinton:

They didn't San it in my present, the mechanic told me that he took it to a scanner which indicated valve body. No code was given to me.

I will take it to another place for proper scanning. And drop the code here.

Thanks.

Nothing is wrong with your valve body.

This is a common issue with kias.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: My Transmission Kia Rio 2014 Model Being Stuck In Third Gear Mean It Will Be Slo by 9icetoo(m): 9:50pm On Jul 21
Stevclinton:
My Transmission Kia Rio 2014 model Being stuck in third gear mean it will be slow to pick speed from a stop,it will struggle to climb hill, it won't select 1 and 2 on the dash.it Wii show 3.. please I need a help/ solution or any useful advice.
Mechanic hv removed the catherlist , changed fuel pump and filter and yet the same issue. Saying now that I should replace verve body as scanner indicated.
If you know the solution please kindly assist me.
Thanks

If you have not tampered with the transmission, then this advise is for you.

Your problem is the ecu. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I have witnessed this in three kias. One was a 2014 rio like yours, the others were souls and a hyundai.

You have a defective ecu. For the rio. One chap in ph repaired it.

For the others, the ecus were replaced and problems went away.

Cheers.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Innoson 30 Tons Trailer Seen Offloading Cements,we Shall Get There Someday by 9icetoo(m): 9:40pm On Jul 16
dubra:
This is a video of innoson newly built 30 tons trailer seen offloading fully loaded bags of cements,Nigeria is truly growing, the patronage is very very encouraging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaroQxQT_0Y?si=ANHU7hv6Nbd4EC_h

Not to burst your bubble, but there is nothing about that truck that screams "made in nigeria".

The frame is from a Chinese truck (howo), the rear axle is from same Chinese truck (howo).

I can bet that the engine and transmission is from the same truck.

Front axle will likely be from the same truck.

All tyres on the truck were imported.

Rims were imported.

Maybe the mudguard was made here.

The propeller, bearings, hubs, brake lining, diesel tank, air tank, hydraulic hoses, interior furnishing, dashboard etc were all imported.

So please, tell me how it's "made in nigeria"

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: FRSC Payment Platform Down by 9icetoo(m): 6:31am On Jul 09
derolemode:
I hope this makes front page and brings the government to accountability as demanded by her citizens

I hope it does.

Same issues here.

Paid since October last year and haven't been able to capture.
Travel / Re: Lagos to Punish Persons Caught Disposing Trash Into Flood Water by 9icetoo(m): 7:50pm On Jul 03
Serendipity2023:
Those persons could have been trying to save their waste bin from being taken by flood

Not necessarily that they poured waste into the food.

And that is exactly what happened.

There are pictures showing the waste bins upturned in the flood waters and then pictures of them retrieving the bins.

But one idiot just put a caption on the picture of them retrieving the bins saying they were emptying their bins in the flood waters.

They should sue the poster and stupid lawma agency for being too hasty.

Car Talk / Re: Who Still Remembers When V-boot And 190 Made Lagos-benin In 2 Hours? by 9icetoo(m): 8:29pm On Jun 20
StillDtruth:

I don't understand? Plus you say it takes '10.1 liters to go from 0-100km/hr and 24.9s".? I don't believe that! A whole 10ltres gone under 25 secs haba.

Secondly, hitting 160 in a benz is exactly like hitting 80/100 iin other cars and do you know that 160 in ia benz is where 120 is in other cars of its time?

And this does not negate my experience as i remember every car must refuel before or when they reach Benin so petrol is not an issue.

The bolded suggests I am either talking to a child or someone who should go back to school to know the meaning of speed, acceleration and how they relate with time.

My apologies for throwing you off with my error in stating liters instead of seconds.

But if you knew anything about cars, you would have known I was talking about seconds and not liters. Mention 0-100 to any car guy and he would be looking for seconds in timing.

Enjoy your very fast 190E benz.
Car Talk / Re: Who Still Remembers When V-boot And 190 Made Lagos-benin In 2 Hours? by 9icetoo(m): 8:22pm On Jun 20
StillDtruth:

I don't understand? Plus you say it takes '10.1 liters to go from 0-100km/hr and 24.9s".? I don't believe that! A whole 10ltres gone under 25 secs haba.

Secondly, hitting 160 in a benz is exactly like hitting 80/100 iin other cars and do you know that 160 in ia benz is where 120 is in other cars of its time?

And this does not negate my experience as i remember every car must refuel before or when they reach Benin so petrol is not an issue.

The bolded suggests I am either talking to a child or someone who should go back to school to know the meaning of speed, acceleration and how they relate with time.

My apologies for throwing you off with my error in stating liters instead of seconds.

But if you knew anything about cars, you would have known I was talking about seconds and not liters. Mention 0-100 to any car guy and he would be looking seconds in timing.

Enjoy your very fast 190E benz.
Car Talk / Re: Who Still Remembers When V-boot And 190 Made Lagos-benin In 2 Hours? by 9icetoo(m): 4:48pm On Jun 20
StillDtruth:

You obviously have not travelled in a benz before else you would know that portholes is part of the road and the car does not feel or notice it.

Do you know that Ore to Bypass (Benin) is shy of 1 hour if you do not mind the fuel?

It takes a 190E 2.3 liter engine variant 10.1 seconds to go from 0-100km/hr and 24.9 seconds to get anywhere near 160km/hr. Now, this is for a brand new version with everything intact and the best possible fuel quality.

None of the variable above favors your claim.

Nostalgia is always viewed with rose tinted glasses. The person you are asking if he/she has ever driven a benz might have driven models you have not seen or touched, but you want to crucify your integrity on a slow car.

Continue sha
Car Talk / Re: Who Still Remembers When V-boot And 190 Made Lagos-benin In 2 Hours? by 9icetoo(m): 4:41pm On Jun 20
brain54:

I think 2hrs and a few minutes on top is highly possible...

The last time I did that route from berger in Lagos to warri,it took the driver 4hrs and 20 minutes. Although it was those hummer busses and we traveled at night with the road being very free. I don't know how fast he was driving because I didn't check the speed gauge. But we arrived in that time when I calculated.

I usually estimate that benin takes half of the journey. Plus or minus.

2 hrs and a few minutes is okay very normal. 2hrs on the dot wouldn't shock me for a very fast driver.

All things being equal with a good car and clear road o!

NOT POSSIBLE!!!
Religion / Re: Idowu Iluyomade Resigns Pastoral Appointment With RCCG by 9icetoo(m): 12:08am On Jun 10
sweetrace:

Jesus dined with people who were not Christians. The first time Jesus performed a miracle was at a wedding. The bible did not say it was that of a religious leader. People ate , drank, and had a good time at the wedding.
The pastor and his wife celebrated the party with people you feel are not Christians. If you had been alive when Jesus walked on earth, I hope you would not have joined the Pharisees and Sadducees to criticise Jesus.

People talking about the Igwe’s being large financiers of the church forget something. The Bible says to not tell a rich man come and sit in this prominent seat, and the poor man sit in this insignificant one. Poor people have died in the church. No one stopped their plans because of them. Why should the rich be treated differently.

Jesus talked about a poor woman who gave her last coin as an offering. He said even though her offering was so small, it was seen as more than the huge offerings by the rich. Hers was a sacrifice while theirs was a drop in the ocean of their wealth. I am sure the pastor and his wife would definitely have mourned with the Igwe family. But to treat them based on the size of their contributions would have been so wrong.

End of my epistle!!

May God bless you richly.

I couldn't have said it better.

Hypocrisy no go kill Christianity.
Religion / Re: Idowu Iluyomade Resigns Pastoral Appointment With RCCG by 9icetoo(m): 12:05am On Jun 10
eyinjuege:

I don't believe she should have postponed her celebration.
She's not their relative.
Even their business- He was CEO of a bank, did not close for a day.
We like hypocrisy a lot.

My brother.

The hypocrisy stinks to high heavens.
Religion / Re: Idowu Iluyomade Resigns Pastoral Appointment With RCCG by 9icetoo(m): 12:04am On Jun 10
Bamss1:

Both.
If you like say I want her to wait 5yrs

Then you are truly hung up on the opium.

There should be no impartiality in the body of christ.

Wigwe is or was just a member.

If his death should stop a birthday of a non relative, then birthdays should be bummed generally cos every bleeping week, a parish looses a member and life goes on.

Remove the log from your eyes before you pull the stick out of others.
Religion / Re: Idowu Iluyomade Resigns Pastoral Appointment With RCCG by 9icetoo(m): 11:53pm On Jun 09
LastProphet:

I asked the same question initially until I spoke to a deacon friend from the parish, try find out what Wigwes sacrificed for the church, you will be speechless. Yes, every soul should be mourned irrespective of what they gave, but those that willingly gave should be noted

Others willingly gave.

Ever heard of the widows mite?

Is it only billions and millions that you have empathy for?

Again, is wigwes soul, life and death worth more than that of others in the same parish that died within the same period?

What have we turned xtianity to?
Subject to the highest bidder?

Wtf

1 Like

Religion / Re: Idowu Iluyomade Resigns Pastoral Appointment With RCCG by 9icetoo(m): 1:41pm On Jun 09
Bamss1:
Someone was trying to justify that preparation for the party has long been in motion before the Wigwe's demise and lots if money was already spent.
But why invite flavor? As a senior pastor why flavor? Wetin do Dunsin, frank, tope alabi Or even Sunny Ade?
It was just a show of gross insensitivity

Insensitivity because he invited flavour or insensitivity because he didn't wait one year after wigwes death?

Which is it?
Religion / Re: Idowu Iluyomade Resigns Pastoral Appointment With RCCG by 9icetoo(m): 1:39pm On Jun 09
LastProphet:
In the pastor's mind the Wigwes didn't have enough anointing, or they were not just having enough grace like him and his beautiful 60yr old wife, otherwise they shouldn't have perished like that. That's why they had no empathy to feel for the Wigwes. The moment you meet anyone that thinks they have a special sort of grace on their head, remind the dullard that they will never have half the grace of Myles Munroe and yet he perished like the Wigwes. The worst foooolishness is self delusion

Other members of his parish died within the same period.

Is wigwes death different or special because of his wealth or by another metric?

I do not understand why everyone thinks life should be paused for others because of the death of one man (may his soul rest in peace).

He is but a man.

I find this stunt by RCCG very lame.

Other church members have died and nothing special was done to honour them

Do those church members not deserve empathy too?
Religion / Re: When Same-Sex Marriages Are Performed In Your Church (Photos] by 9icetoo(m): 1:32pm On Jun 09
jesusjnr2020:
If any member of the Catholic church or any other church practicing such is truly of God, it's those encouraging such idolatrous and abominable practices in their church that they should be angry with because those are the ones that truly hate them, not those that were trying to tell them the truth so they could repent from such abominations for their own good.

God bless.

The Pope NEVER approved the blessing of same sex marriage.
Show me proof of same-sex wedding that held in a catholic church.

May your hatred for Catholics not consume you.
If you're comfortable with that the fact that your pope approved the blessing of same-sex couples alone, you seriously need to check yourself. It wasn't me that reported it but it was on every major new media including those screenshoted so don't pretend you're not aware of it. I'm don't hate the catholic church but for the truth and this is the truth whether you like it or not.

Btw i never said your church leader approved blessing of same-sex marriages but same-sex union. You may teach me what different it makes though.

Cc. Ubenedictus, Wande22.

Again, you read the headlines and leave the substance.

The media can be very smart by half but I do not blame them. I blame idiots who do not read thru the bullshit.

You can bless even a murderer. The only marriage blessing in the Catholic church is the sacrament of matrimony. It is one of the sacraments of the Catholic church.

The Catholic has not and will not give it to same sex couples.

If they however ask for any blessing, even from me, I will wish them well but not a union.

If you still don't understand this but choose to live with your hatred for the Catholic church, be my guest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Religion / Re: When Same-Sex Marriages Are Performed In Your Church (Photos] by 9icetoo(m): 1:28pm On Jun 09
jesusjnr2020:
Prior to the Catholic pope openly showing support to the LGBTQ+ community and approving the blessing of same-sex marriages, thousands of priests and clergy men of the Catholic church were embroiled in a rape scandal of massive if not unprecedented proportions, that in the US alone, payments of compensation made to rape victims amassed billions of dollars.

Many of the rape victims were male minors, exposing the sexual orientation of many Catholic priests and clergy members as homosexuals.

However despite their hierarchy having knowledge of such abominable and atrocious acts being perpetrated by prominent and highly respected leaders of the church, they kept silent and covered them up until it became a widely blown scandal that they could no longer hide or suppress, that when they finally owned up to such strong allegations, to suggest culpability on their part and that the Catholic church had always supported or condoned homosexuality even though in secret prior to their pope's open endorsement of such abominable practices.

But what else would one expect from a church whose leader and her members kneel, bow down, worship and pray to an evil spirit which is behind the idol dressed in the image of Mary, but the inevitability of them exhibiting it's evil and abominable traits sooner or later?

That explains why so many Catholic priests talkless of their members have an uncontrollable urge to sleep with those of the same sex, to the point of raping even minors times without number.

So unless they decide completely destroy all those idols in the Catholic church, including that dressed in Mary's name and image, which they worship and pray to, they shouldn't expect such abnormal and inordinate urges and atrocities in the Catholic church to ever stop or be curtailed.

God bless.

The Catholic has not and have not blessed same sex marriage.

Don't say what you do not know.

The pope said same sex couples should not be denied blessing. You can bless anybody even a murderer. The Catholic cannot and will not give the sacrament of matrimony to same sex couples.

Mind what you say and do not mislead others.

Thanks.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Lawmakers Move To Restrict Cattle Herders, Northern Senators Fume by 9icetoo(m): 4:28pm On Jun 06
malali:

I appreciate your points but if beef prices went up 4 times their current rates. Nigerians will be completely locked out of eating adequate protein.I also want a solution, but lets find a viable inexpensive solution akin to our own environment.
Telling every herder to ranch is like telling every Nigerian to buy electric car because petrol is now too expensive.

Your analogy no follow.

Cows who are always being marched from one point to another take longer to fatten.

The broiler chicken matures for consumption with enough meat between 2,1/2 to 3 months. Its free range counterpart takes anywhere from 6 months to one year and will have less meat.

Ranching is the way to go. They should go and learn newer husbandry methods.

Thank you.
Politics / Re: Lawmakers Move To Restrict Cattle Herders, Northern Senators Fume by 9icetoo(m): 4:25pm On Jun 06
malali:
Potential Impact on Beef Prices
Implementing large-scale ranching could significantly increase the cost of beef due to the high expenses associated with establishing and maintaining ranches.These would make Nigerian cows too expensive for purchase as cows from Niger and other neighboring countries practicing open grazing will be cheaper in the open market.

Suggested Practical Solutions
Designated Grazing Areas: Allocate specific areas for grazing to prevent clashes while allowing pastoralists to continue traditional herding methods.
Conflict Resolution Mechanisms: Establish local committees to mediate disputes between farmers and herders, promoting peaceful coexistence.
Cooperative Farming: Encourage farmers and herders to form cooperatives, sharing resources and knowledge to improve productivity and harmony.
Community-Based Animal Health Services: Provide mobile veterinary services to support herders, reducing the need for long migrations and potential conflicts.
These solutions aim to be cost-effective and fair to both cattle herders and farmers, ensuring sustainable practices and reducing conflicts.

The Southeast is allowed to ply their trade and open spare parts shop in katsina
The Southwest is holding Aso-rock Office in Abuja
The South-south is FCT Minister in Abuja
Why cant the northern Fulani man feed his cow in the south ?
Lets be tolerant and restructure cattle grazing to accommodate everybody.

Beef does not cost $30 per kilo in the usa nna.
Cattles and other livestock should be raised in ranches as is obtainable elsewhere in the civilized world.

A lot of people (farmers, herders, travelers, women, children, communties) have lost their lives because of conflicts with herders.

Countless women have ben raped in their farms and murdered.

It is time to do away with the traditional herding practice. This bill is welcome.
Politics / Re: 25% Of Hawkers, House-Helps In Abuja, Lagos, Others From Ebonyi – Mgbada by 9icetoo(m): 10:30pm On May 19
FreeStuffsNG:

https://leadership.ng/25-of-hawkers-house-helps-in-abuja-lagos-others-from-ebonyi-mgbada/#google_vignette
If say the author self na better person, I for appreciate this news.

Nigerians truly deserve the leaves they get.
Politics / Re: Some Men Insist On Making Videos Of A Soldier at a check point (Video/Pic) by 9icetoo(m): 10:46am On Mar 11
olatade:
Being seeing videos of northern guys challenging soldiers at checkpoints lately, they should it easy oh! Don't be foolhardy just because you want to prove a point.

Soldiers have become greedy and unruly.

It's not just up north.

It happened on Aba pH expressway this morning.
The trucks conveying fertilizer from indorama refused to drop a dime and physically engaged the soldiers and threw away their logs used to block the roads.

Nothing happened.

Those Hausa boys don't fear soldiers cause most likely
1. they all have relatives in the military
2. They don't fear death like the southerners do
3. Those boys are ready to shut down any area where you unjustly kill one of their own.
4. Some of those trucks are also owned by army ogas.

As a soldier, you also chose your battles wisely. wink

1 Like

Autos / Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 9icetoo(m): 1:11pm On Feb 21
Where is legalo in all this?

He is the only one remaining

His opinion is highly required.
Autos / Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 9icetoo(m): 10:13pm On Feb 20
Alfred74:
Ayam coming

FRAUD!!!!!!!!

But stadium will soon shift.

We are watching.
Autos / Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 9icetoo(m): 10:06pm On Feb 20
GAZZUZZ:

45m is just 25k US dollars. If kakaki wanted to make a profit he would refund in naira .

Very difficult for the "haters" to understand.
Autos / Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 9icetoo(m): 10:03pm On Feb 20
Appletek:

Will you keep shut. Who asked you?
Those 30 deals, was it not client's money?
Or did Kakaki appoint you as his PRO?
Cho Cho Cho everywhere.

The day they hold your 45M and you are comfortable with it, let us know.

Them don show. cheesy
Autos / Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 9icetoo(m): 9:58pm On Feb 20
kowalsky:

Nope. Was not notified.

Were you aware of the pending title?
Autos / Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 9icetoo(m): 9:57pm On Feb 20
greggng:
Is so painful that sincere and honest dealers don't get to meet real opportunities...I have said it many times...don't transfer your money to someone you don't know .forget about how people are patronising them....they might be sponsored agent . I had an experience with someone in usa ...he was shouting on me via phone call from usa ...he said he wants to transfer money to me and I rejected the idea cos I do t know him personally...I suggested he had to send money to any of his relatives in lagos to meet up with me . Eventually he agreed and we had a smooth deal . He still respect me till date . Some will collect your money and use part of it to fight you . Some will even go to baba lawo to do juju for you to forget your money . Terrible dealers are making g this business worse . I pray you get your money

Who is the sincere and honest dealer?

Be kiaful.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: ........ by 9icetoo(m): 3:13pm On Feb 11
kingreign:

Why are you deflecting my humble request?
You dey whine abi?
Na simple sturvs I asked you for you start to dry foam for mouth.

If na GLE350, write your moniker on a piece of paper, put beside the command rotary dial and snap the pic like this make we hail you as per we be paupers and you na odogwu.
Instead of that you start to dey stutter like motor wey get P0300, P0301, P0302, p0303, P0304, P0305, P0306.

Your car na your car, your property no affect my being or existence or worth in anyways, so stop the yeye childish social media show-off.

There is God oo. grin grin grin grin
Car Talk / Re: Is The Nigerian Police Still Issuing ECMR For New Registration? by 9icetoo(m): 8:25am On Jan 31
TheAdvocate:

NBA write IG to stop it because it's illegal. Matter unfolding presently.

About time. Eagerly awaiting the outcome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 126 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.