Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,864 members, 7,966,222 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 10:58 AM

9jasam's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jasam's Profile / 9jasam's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Nairaland / General / Re: Cost Of Newspaper Publication For New NGO by 9jasam: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2021
Mr Sam was really helpful. We only communicated on his WhatsApp Number. I didn't call him at all and he delivered my NGO public announcement on two newspapers (it took just 24 hours). He will send his account number bearing his real name. That was a sign for me that he is genuine. Please patronise him as I can confirm that he is real.
His contact: +234 806 272 0984.

Thank me later.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Programme 2019 by 9jasam: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2019
AbooMuhsin:

please who else got the mail??
i got d mail.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Programme 2019 by 9jasam: 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2019

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 9:09am On Jul 20, 2018
let's get dis straight. on this thread mainly engineers have been called together with 1 environmentalist (science) and 1 accountant( non-science). in essence, 2 non-engineer have been called on dis thread (as indicated). i prefrer we clarify science positions from engineering positions.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 7:07am On Jul 13, 2018
naijainstinct:
Since FCC has the so-called merit list, I will be heading to FCC from my workplace later this morning to see if I can lobby anyone to have access to that list. If you reside in Abuja and you are less busy, you can tag along.

logical move!

2 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2018
dpr followed due process. advert was made, test and interview conducted. what's ur proof that d ppl with apl are not in d merit list? some of us even claimed fcc rep was present during our interview.
i am not against d protest but wat evidence do we have? if u can get d list from anywhere fcc or otherwise. i am in.
did i hear u say those apl letters pasted here are proofs? dont even go there. those guys did test and interview.
ppl without test and interview will not wait as long as this to get their apl.

4 Likes 1 Share

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 6:53am On Jul 13, 2018
NECBEC:
There are some proper actions you will take that will make them listen to you and it will even go viral than just making noise all in the name of protect. Actions that are sacrificial like what I suggested. Lol! Once you go for a protect they will apologise and tell you all to drop your name let them see what they can do about it. Then remove your Apls one by one. Then after frustrating you'll repeatedly then people will start backing out one after the other and then you loss both ways. When you apply for any job in the world don't just apply in one place spread your tentacles, so it don't get to you. But if all doesn't work look at the big picture and try to be an employer of labour. Imagine after the protect you were part of those they employed....

bro, u know how this thing works. i salute u.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2018
heisenberg33:
Having being a silent follower of this thread, including posting something once a few months back, I feel the need to post again. Before you all jump into conclusions, and start up a protest, you all need to slow down and give DPR some weeks. Many of you have already concluded that this recruitment is not by merit, but what if you are wrong? What if it was actually merit based for the most part? Ofcourse, no matter how merit based something is, there will always be a few individuals who will come in through the back door. This doesnt happen only in Nigeria, it happens also in advanced societies. Even in heaven, many people will not get in by merit (but i digress).

You do not want to rush and start a movement prematurely calling the recruitment fake, and risk the anger of the management if they had actually tried and fought for most of the list to be based on merit. In that regard, even the successful ones who made it by merit would have shot themselves in the foot. Many of you here should be careful of those who are so eager to call this recruitment fake, and start a movement. It is possible these people never made it to the interview, and are envious of you all who made it, and thus want this recruitment canceled. It could also be that a few of them who made it to the interview found a way to check their names, and saw they didnt make it and are seeking to discredit it. Be wise and careful of starting any movement on social media that could jeopardize what may otherwise have been a mostly fair recruitment. Give them a few more weeks and if you do not hear anything, then you can push it the protest way. You all have been patient all these while, what would a few more weeks of patience cost? Do not act like the proverbial tortoise who was to be locked in a pit of "pooh" for 7 days, only to start complaining so badly on the 7th day when he was already scheduled to be released, which caused his sentence to be increased.

I can only go by DPR's antecedents in the 2010 to 2013 recruitment, which i was a part of. That recruitment was mostly merit based. There was a lot of hoopla about the list been hijacked by the powers that be. However, DPR recruited a vast majority of people by merit. I do not expect them to deviate much this time. So, be patient and allow this thing play out, and for now pay no heed to those who want to start some kind of movement. You think they may be fighting for the common good, but they could be masquerading the real intent, which is to render the entire process null and void, irrespective of how many got it on merit.

this ur post is #forthewise. spot on!

3 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2018
neverdown999:
Your composition makes no sense at all. Why the F*** should applicants be concerned if people that didn't make the interview are laughing at this thread? You make no logical sense at all. As regards your last statement, if you make the successful list, send me a DM, we'll meet at induction. I will not desert this page because I have received my APL.

All applicants went through hell, and no one should be left in the dark at this critical stage because they don't have godfathers!

i am not realy lashing at u. We all know dat ppl dat give us genuine info here get long leg. neverdown is among.
his long leg failed him. if u a ur apl with u, y fight for others? it doesnt make sense at all.
i know dat kind of feeling. but if we open our eyes well, we will see d tip of our nose.

guys make una reason all dis sudden agitation for protest. whats dia gain in dis. they must av something to gain!
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
make una protest na.b sincere with ursef, before u applied, did u not know this will happen? wait till u r called. if not move on.
d protest will favour some but not all. ppl dat didnt make it to d interview should b laughing by now, if at all they r still viewing dis thread.
my advice: no protest.

ppl like neverdown av confirmed dat dia name isnt dia. guy, y pour sand sand for anoda person garri?

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 11:39am On Jul 11, 2018
I wonder y u r all complaining. d process isn't over. when it is over, d portal will b closed. besides, some ppl were not shortlisted for d test or interviewed. what did they do? they moved on. if u don't make it now, just move on codedly. life goes on.

d process is merit based. if it wasnt, those dat collected apl now would have collected abt a year ago. if u know, u know.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2018
Greatsabari:
This number called me in the morning 2 times but I'm not saying is DPR who. I called back so many times they are not picking even send a text. One of my friend called and he said a woman picked. Checked on True caller couldn't got a name.

0813****304
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2018
Ahmadmohd:
pls when will this recruitment end?

it will end anytime dpr employs me.

5 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 11:43pm On Jun 14, 2018
Harddiskng:

I must confess the aptitude test felt like a stroll in the park for me; Baba God was over-involved but everyday since then I keep replaying the “video” of my interview in my head (If you watch the TV series “Black Mirror”; you would know what I am talking about lol).

I had two interviewers, one was on the dominant side asking the questions while the other was a little bit passive. As you guessed I knew the drill, make eye-contact with the Alpha in the room but don’t also ignore the other. I was asked exactly three questions, which I answered to the best of my ability.

At the end of the interview, the Passive interviewer seemed unexpectedly elated about a rather random little detail the person saw on my profile but for the love of me I couldn’t get a read off the dominant interviewer. “Thank you, That is all” the person said. With no facial expression to give me any hint of my perceived performance cry

Which begs my question, regarding our interview score; do the interviewers agree then one of them inputs it or they both input different scores on their laptops (which is then summed up).

Guy please what do you think.

do u feel there is any problem in d details on ur profile? maybe ur uploads or anything?
if ur answer is no, then u must av performed well.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
Harddiskng:

If this is the case, then it gets a bit confusing. There were 18 roles advertised for GT. Allocating at-least a slot for each role (18) in each state (36) would amount to 648 people. That is definitely not going to happen.

Assuming each state is to be equally represented, all things being perfect and equal; 300 GTs are to be employed thats roughly 8 people per state.

Meaning 10 roles won’t be filled for Lagos. What if he is not even in the top 17 in terms of overall scores representing each role for Lagos indigenes. How do they determine who and who gets dropped. (my statistician brother no vex, you go collect APL; I just dey try understand).

From where i stand, even with the administration of standardized tests; this Federal Character tingy has created too much unnecessary room for chance and wastage of talent angry or is there something I am missing.

i like ur analysis but u got it wrong in some places.
assuming d least slot for any state is 5. all first 5 in each state r picked. then some post will be vacant. if lagos and gombe(just assuming) slot is 5 , dat is all for them. those vacant post will b filled by the next minimum across other states. lets say d next minimum is 8. other post will b filled by d next 3 rank across all states with 8 and above slots. the process goes to d next minimum, and so on until all quota are satisfied. i hope u can make sense of this.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2018

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
at the end of d day, performance of candidates from ur state matters a lot!
i am sure d best 3(they must be in different field) from each state will make d list. thats what they call merit!
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
Bluemalam:

Based on my experience in HR, a candidate's interview performance is a vital part of the recruitment process, because it not only tests the knowledge and experience contained in your resume, but also helps the interviewer determine if the candidate would fit into the organizational culture and possesses required soft skills like interpersonal and communication skills and ability.

The body language of the interviewers, particularly the lady when we got to the technical aspect, further reinforces this.

My modest opinion.

in a MASS recruitment, u use d test score and interview score.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
OutOfTheAshes:
I was asked the most difficult question during the interview. Pls who knows the instrument for measuring earth's properties... I am a geologist. That question threw me off balance.. cheesy

i guess u should av listed some earths properties and their instruments. like altitude etc.
my thoughts though

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
kbrule1:
Most persons here are under rating the weight of the questions asked about DPR. If you performed very well in the technical section and was mediocre in the DPR/Oil and gas section, sorry!

stop deceiving urself. we were all graded. no one fails in dis type of recruitment. ur test and interview scores matter. then federal character and GOD's grace caps it all.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
balisco:

Below is d order of Question for most GTs in Abuja
1.Introduction
2. General Question (one random question about DPR or current affairs)
3. Technical (field of study)
4. Professional cert. If u have
5. One question from ur current or Past work experience related to ur field of study if is among what u inputed in ur profile
6. Who do u know in DPR.

I stand to b corrected but d above question is what dey ask

ur 3&5 are d same.
4&6 are actually a yes/no question. i was asked number 4 but not number 6.
it brings us back to 3 categories of questions.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 11:11am On Jun 12, 2018
kbrule1:
Greetings hopefuls,
What I don't understand is the criteria used for judgement during the interviews. I know of someone that was just asked one question during his session with the panel while others were asked a variety of questions. How can we correlate the fairness of the process based on the scenario I just highlighted.

i think majority of d GT's were asked 3 basic questions.
1. introduce urself
2. technical question
3. current affairs.
no matter aw long ur session lasted, ur questions must b in d 3 categories. i stand to b corrected.

5 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 4:41am On May 20, 2018
herlecks:
And so?? Hnd guys' training must be in batches. You must be trying to tell us that they have called all the guys needed but nah ..if you mean this. Only Hnd guys have been called so it's feasible to say Hnd guys are having their training in batches. After Dpr calls the next 400, they will start making preparations to take in more than 250.

FYI no hidden meaning to my post. just sharing what i saw in the news!
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 9:42pm On May 19, 2018
PTI Trains DPR Technical Staff
ON May 19, 20188:33 PM/IN News / Comments
As part of the mandate of the Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) to develop competent technical manpower for the oil and gas sector, it has trained the first batch of the newly recruited Technical Assistant staff of the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR).
According to a statement, the staff were trained on the holistic operations of the oil and gas sector. “Some of the areas were exploration, drilling and refining of crude oil, measurement of petroleum products and detection of adulteration of products. Other specialized training areas were quality audit and quality assurance, operation and maintenance, Health, Safety, Environment and Security, terminal operations among others”, the statement said.
The first batch of the trainees had completed the two months intensive training, while the second batch of the trainees were being trained at the Institute.
Speaking at the graduation ceremony of the first batch, the Principal and Chief Executive, PTI, Prof. Sunny E. Iyuke, stated that the institution is competent and fully equipped with human capital and state-of- the-art facilities to develop the needed technical human capital for the oil and gas sector.
Iyuke recalled that the PTI trained the take-off staff of Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company (WRPC), Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company (KRPC), Port-Harcourt Refining and Petrochemical Company (PHRC) and the then Eleme Petrochemical and Refining Company (EPCL). He called on other parastatals in the Ministry of Petroleum Resources to emulate DPR to develop their personnel at the PTI in order for the Institute to realize its mandate of training competent technical manpower for the oil and gas sector.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 11:05am On Apr 11, 2018
hammer2010:
Una never see anything! Na me and una for here until APL show grin grin cheesy cheesy

Heaven knows how I wanted to drag this whole thing till tomorrow. But then, my conscience whisper me sey some people wey DPR don already use der heart dance shaku shaku fit suffer heart attack before that tomorrow if I no stop. Abeg, I no wan any wicked curse untop my head shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

By now, those of us that genuinely believed me, I do hope you have realized that any one can come here and spew anything, just like I did grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Ehen, as for the bros wey volunteer em phone number for us, thank you oohh smiley I don forward your number give one guy like dat wey don dey worry me since for my phone number cheesy cheesy

Don't worry, the guy people dey strongly connected, so if you play along, you go smile even forget about DPR cheesy cheesy cheesy
if no be sey my nyash mind no strong, may be by now my name sef for don reach Abuja grin cheesy grin grin grin grin

i wonder y anyone would take u serious. na u b d comedian for dis thread. lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 10:08am On Apr 11, 2018
hammer2010:
Wonderful! This isn't just right!

How come not a single person from here has also been directly called?! I don't want to believe they all agreed to remain mute on it.

So much pained guys. Not because I have not also been called, but pained because of the manner this has been handled embarassed embarassed

Have been watching and rewatching video clip sent by him, trying to spot something odd.

Please how can I upload a video clip on here? Video is more than 5mins long. Perhaps we can all watch and realize how we all have been stage managed cry cry cry cry

u r truly a comedian!
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 3:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
PrinzeMike:
Your previous posts kind of inconsistent with this as you posted earlier that Interview/aptitude test is 50:50 for GT and 100% interview scores for EH....

check my previous post well. i said may be its 50:50. cos i didnt get d complete pics then

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 2:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
successfulmike:
source please

confidential.
besides, as we already know, u competed with candidates from ur state and post. federal character was strictly implemented.

2 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
fact is dpr is recruiting more than 200.
as per d list and apl, everything is ready but i dont know whats delaying d call for apl.
d list is 80% merit.
how it was rated:

dressing: rating 1-5, weight 1
personality: rating 1-5 weight 5
introduce urself: rating 1-5 weight 1
technical question: rating 1-5 weight 5
general question/ current affairs: rating 1-5 weight 2
additional qualification/professional cert: rating 1-5, weight 1
aptitude test score: rating 1-45 weight 5.

maximum score possible during interview is 75
maximum score in aptitude test is 45x5 = 225
total possible score is 75+225=300
hence, interview score 25%, test score 75%.

8 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2018
jidex4life:
if the test was 50 marks why is it that our questions for the CBT exam was just only 45 questions instead of 50 questions

convert it to 50%. it doesnt matter d number of questions.

in another development, expect a change on ur portal next week.

4 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 3:02pm On Mar 03, 2018
Donelli:

This answers my question.

Any ideas the figures attached?
Thanks wink

for GT, between 100k-200k basic.
for EH, between 300k- 400k basic.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 2:50pm On Mar 03, 2018
Legend90:
Interview was on general. Had nothing to do with state. The only that mattered for state was the test cut off mark

it is of two phase. at first a cut of mark was used. all above d cut off was grouped according to states. abt 100 per state as recommended for d interview. then d cut off mark was adjusted to accommodate candidates to complete d 100 for incomplete states. d incomplete state favours d position dat was less represented in d first pool.

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.