Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,308 members, 7,943,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

9jasmart's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jasmart's Profile / 9jasmart's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Celebrities / Re: Comedienne Emmanuella's Profile: What You Don't Know About Her by 9jasmart(m): 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
Should this be your child makin waves, how 'll you feel to read a comment like dis from you? You should be ashamed. No string attached.
Politics / Don't Blame It On Abimbola. Even The 7 In The Bank's Logo 's Kneeling by 9jasmart(m): 1:33pm On Jun 25, 2016
I don't tink u 'll blame abimbola after dis

Politics / Re: Wali Begged Me To Share N950m In My House- Shekarau by 9jasmart(m): 4:44pm On May 10, 2016
N950 fuuckin wat! Am I d ony one that can get my heasd around to beliv dis dude? A nigerian in dis country will just lay cool in his own room while others share that under his own roof. Story for the gods abegi!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Fayose: I’m Qualified For Vice President Position In 2019 by 9jasmart(m): 12:11pm On May 10, 2016
Can some1 just lend this dude some brain? You don't just always talk just because u feel like it. So deluded!

1 Like

Religion / The First Question And How It Shape Of Humans Eternal Destinies by 9jasmart(m): 11:42am On May 10, 2016
The first question found in the Bible comes from Satan. The second question comes from God. A vast, fundamental difference in the characters of these two speakers is revealed by these two questions. These questions also lay the foundation of eternal destinies.

The First Question

Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Indeed, has God said, ‘You shall not eat from any tree of the garden’?” ( Genesis 3.1)

Satan’s question to the woman revealed his nature which is to deceive. All we need to know about Satan is this: his nature is to deceive and he can never be trusted. Jesus called him the “father of lies” ( John 8.44). As such, he is the source of all lies and deception. The strategies he employs are manifold and work on many levels but their foundation is deceit. In Jesus’ great dissertation up end times he repeatedly warned his hearers not to be deceived for that time will be the time when Satan will be most convincing by working his greatest wonders of deception ( Matthew 24).

Satan’s question to the woman was designed to cause her to question God’s goodness. How long their dialogue may have lasted is unclear. Surely it lasted much longer than the record in Genesis and the account provides the main points of the conversation. Satan was successful in his plan ( 2 Corinthians 11.3). He succeeded in deceiving the woman by making her doubt God’s goodness and she ate.

Satan’s main objective was not the woman, however. She was his secondary target. His main effort was the man: Adam. Satan had concluded, correctly, that Adam would not fall for his line. Therefore, he attacked Adam through the woman. Adam, when he discovered what had happened recognized the problem. Adam chose badly to solve his problem. He too ate but was not deceived ( Genesis 3.13; 1 Timothy 2.14).

While aware of the consequence of his disobedience it is unlikely he appreciated the full meaning of his choice. His eating cost him dominion over the earth ( Genesis 1.26, 28) and returned rule of the world to Satan ( Ezekiel 28.12-15; Luke 4.5-6; 2 Corinthians 4.4). It plunged earth under a curse which resulted in decay and death ( Genesis 3.17-19; Romans 8.19-22).
From this point onward, everything that lived died ( 1 Corinthians 15.22).

God’s First Question

Then the Lord God called to the man, and said to him, “Where are you?” ( Genesis 3.9)
After Adam and Eve ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil they recognized they were naked. More is likely here than what appears on the surface. They may have been clothed in a glory that vanished with their eating. At the very least they acquired a knowledge of unclothedness they had not experienced: shame. This was the true nature of the “knowledge of good and evil” of which God had warned. Satan had represented it as something desirable that God was withholding ( Genesis 3.5).

In reality, this “good” was death itself. Because of the shame Adam and Eve felt, their first act was to try and cover themselves. They attempted to cover themselves by sewing fig leaves together and fashioned crude “clothing” ( Genesis 3.7). Volumes could be written about this. It was a representative act of what all do to try and cover sin, to excuse failure, and rationalize. The fig leaves were, “I’m ok, you’re ok.” They were not.

In Genesis 3.8, we read of God’s walking in the garden. 1Apparently, this was a habit He enjoyed with the couple during the “cool of the day.” During these walks He met and conversed with Adam and Eve. Prior to their eating, this had been the highlight of their day. But that had changed. They were now afraid of Him and they hid.

The Nature of the Question

Satan asked his question to cause
Eve to doubt God’s goodness. God asked his question to restore the couple. God’s question, “where are you?” was asked, in its superficial sense, because He could not see Adam and Eve. Most likely, they had an appointed place to meet. But His real question was psychological, not geographical. “Where are you?” Where were Adam and Eve? God asks each of us this question. Where are we? If we are truthful, we can only answer, Lost!

Jesus taught this lesson to the Jews of His day through statements and parables. One familiar passage is the parable of the lost sheep. Luke recorded:
3So He told them this parable, saying,4“What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?5When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.6And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’7I tell you that in the same way, there will bemorejoy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance ( Luke 15.3-7).

Adam and Eve were lost sheep. They were the human race. The point of Jesus’ parable was that the lost sheep knew it was lost. The ninety-nine the shepherd left did not. They thought they were ok. They didn’t know they needed a shepherd. They shepherd went and looked for the sheep for he knew it knew it was lost. God sought Adam and Eve in the garden for they were lost.

Conclusion

So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.8All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.9I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and haveitabundantly ( John 10.7-10).

Because of Adam’s failure, we enter this world without Christ, without hope, and without eternal life. We are lost. God asks each of us the same question he asked the first man, “Where are you?” If we are honest, our answer is that we are lost and have no hope. Jesus declared he was the door (cf. John 14.6). If anyone enters through Him he will be saved. Paul declared how one is saved in his gospel,
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,4and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures ( 1 Corinthians 15.1-4).

Salvation is a gift. Putting your trust in the fact that Christ died for your sins and rose from the dead is entering the door.
1This is the first account of a theophany. God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, in His pre-incarnate form visited with His creation, created in His image.
Celebrities / Re: Jim Iyke With His Babymama And Son by 9jasmart(m): 10:22am On May 09, 2016
Wit all d beautiful babes in 9ja nah afin oyinbo dis dude go carry. Iyke u fall ma hand big time. Chai!!!

1 Like

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / How Leicester City Fc Won It Wit Rivals' Respect by 9jasmart(m): 11:50am On May 03, 2016
1) Leicester 4-2 Sunderland
Mahrez scores twice in opening day victory at the King Power

2) West Ham 1-2 Leicester
Okazaki nets his first Foxes goal as they survive late scare

3) Leicester 1-1 Tottenham
Mahrez cancels out Alli opener as title rivals settle for a point

4) Bournemouth 1-1 Leicester
Vardy's late penalty snatches a point on the south coast

5) Leicester 3-2 Aston Villa
Foxes fight back from 2-0 down as Dyer heads dramatic winner

6) Stoke 2-2 Leicester
Vardy scores again as Ranieri's men maintain unbeaten start

7) Leicester 2-5 Arsenal
Foxes come unstuck at the KP as Sanchez nets hat-trick

cool Norwich 1-2 Leicester
Visitors bounce back as Vardy scores in fifth straight game

9) Southampton 2-2 Leicester
Last-gasp Vardy leveller snatches a point for the Foxes

10) Leicester 1-0 Crystal Palace
Vardy joins elite group by scoring in seventh game in a row

11) West Brom 2-3 Leicester
Mahrez scores twice as Foxes go third at the Hawthorns

12) Leicester 2-1 Watford
Ranieri's men hold on to three points after Kante and Vardy goals

13) Newcastle 0-3 Leicester
Vardy makes it 10 in a row as Leicester go top of the table

14) Leicester 1-1 Manchester United
The England man makes Premier League history at buoyant KP

15) Swansea 0-3 Leicester
Mahrez nets hat-trick in south Wales romp

16) Leicester 2-1 Chelsea
Vardy and Mahrez on target in Mourinho's final game in charge

17) Everton 2-3 Leicester
Two penalties from Mahrez continue fine December at Goodison

18) Liverpool 1-0 Leicester
Boxing Day blow as Benteke grabs winner at Anfield

19) Leicester 0-0 Man City
Foxes have to settle for a point despite impressive display

20) Leicester 0-0 Bournemouth
Mahrez misses penalty against 10-man Cherries in first game of 2016

21) Tottenham 0-1 Leicester
Huth heads late winner as Foxes see off title rivals

22) Aston Villa 1-1 Leicester
Late Gestede goal sees strugglers snatch a point

23) Leicester 3-0 Stoke
Foxes go three clear with impressive home victory

24) Leicester 2-0 Liverpool
Vardy scores twice including stunning long-range volley

25) Man City 1-3 Leicester
Foxes prove title credentials with stunning Etihad win

26) Arsenal 2-1 Leicester
Welbeck heads last-gasp winner as Gunners close the gap

27) Leicester 1-0 Norwich
Ulloa scores late on to extend lead to five points

28) Leicester 2-2 West Brom

29) Watford 0-1 Leicester
Mahrez fires home as Ranieri's men secure huge win

30) Leicester 1-0 Newcastle
Okazaki scores early acrobatic effort at the King Power

31) Crystal Palace 0-1 Leicester
Foxes go eight clear as Mahrez scores 16th goal of season

32) Leicester 1-0 Southampton
Skipper Morgan leads by example as hosts close in on title

33) Sunderland 0-2 Leicester
Vardy scores twice as Foxes make it five wins on the spin

34) Leicester 2-2 West Ham
Vardy sees red as hosts stutter before late Ulloa penalty

35) Leicester 4-0 Swansea
Ulloa shines in Vardy's absence to take Foxes to brink of title

36) Man United 1-1 Leicester
Morgan heads equaliser as Ranieri's men are made to wait

And 50hrs later they were confirmed champions without even touching the ball after party postponement at the theatre of dream.

Congrats laicester football club 2016 EPL worthy champions

1 Share

Sports / All You Need To Know About Player Transfer by 9jasmart(m): 8:46am On Apr 27, 2016
HOW DOES A TRANSFER START?

A written offer will be made for a player and the selling club may reject or accept any bid.
The two parties will then keep going backwards and forwards until they negotiate a fee.
Clubs may also contact an agent to work on their behalf and ask them to find a buyer for a particular player. This situation can arise if a player is not playing games.
An agent might also speak to a club who decide that for whatever reason it is in the best interests of a player to leave. An agent would be given permission to speak to other clubs and given a specific fee the sellers have in mind for the player.
You then have to delve through your contacts and I will either speak to a manager or a chief scout at a club.
In the summer, a player might be out of contract and you can spend quite a bit of time phoning clubs and trying to place a player at a particular club.
As an agent I will also speak to managers and chief scouts and ask which positions they are looking to fill. They might say we need a left midfielder or a big striker with pace and you have to check whether there is someone available for them in their budget.
If a player who I represent is under contract then a written offer will have to be put in to his club.

WHAT HAPPENS ONCE A FEE IS AGREED?

A fee can be agreed but it does not mean a move will go through. But, once it is, then the job of the agent is to agree personal terms on the player's behalf.
The agent is there to secure the best possible deal for his client and this can take a little time.
Professional and financial issues will be taken into consideration such as: whether the player is going to play, the wage and the length of the contract.
It is a bit of negotiation and compromise. The agent wants to realise a player's value to a club while the club will be looking to minimise their outlay as much as they can.
If the player is of a certain level the club will be prepared to offer him a better package than for a less valuable player.

Issues which arise in the negotiation process include:

*.An adjustable salary:This would see an increase in salary year-on-year and after a certain number of appearances.
*.A signing-on fee:This is a payment the player gets for signing for a club, although this may vary and depend from league to league.
At the larger clubs you get a payment when you sign and then a fee split over a couple of years.

If a number of clubs have agreed a fee for a player then he will weigh up a number of aspects.
These may include whether he is going to play more at one club than another, the package he is getting and how much he will have to uproot his family.
It often comes down to a wide range of reasons but for most players, first and foremost, it can be about how many minutes on the pitch they are going to get.

BONUSES AND IMAGE RIGHTS

There is plenty to be done in fine-tuning a deal and some of the major aspects can include negotiating the following:

*.Loyalty bonus:A player will get this for seeing out his contract at a club and it will be paid on the last game of the season in the final year of a contract.
*.Appearance bonus:If appearance money is X then you would get 100% for a start, maybe 50% for a playing substitute and 25% as a non-playing substitute.
*.Other bonuses:There can also be bonuses paid if a team wins the league, a cup, qualify for Europe or make a certain round of the cup.

Often when a young player signs his first professional contract with a club after graduating through the academy they might get a bonus on their first-team debut or after a certain amount of games. Their contracts are usually also re-negotiated after five first-team starts.

In addition, you can also have goalscoring bonuses, a clean sheet bonus, international bonuses and award bonuses.

Clauses can also be included which depend on whether a club is relegated. If this happens a player may have it in his deal that he will be released or can speak to other clubs if a certain fee is tabled.
Personal terms can sometimes take a bit of time with big players as there are more issues.

*.Image rights ownership

This is an important issue in contract negotiations.
In short this is ensuring that the player has the right to control commercial use and exploitation of his image, voice and likeness.
Agents may help their players set up their own image company and the club may come to an agreement that the player can keep hold of his image rights and the club will pay the player for use of his image.

THE PLAYER'S ROLE

It is up to the player to concentrate on playing and the agent to take care of everything else.
What I say to my players is that I am there to advise them and take care of everything off the pitch.
I provide them with a comprehensive representation package: from contract negotiations and commercial opportunities to lifestyle openings and wealth management services.
Ultimately, the transfer decision will be discussed between the agent and the player, who may also speak to his family.
The agent should be doing things in the best interests of his player and, along with his player, will have to consider the standard of facilities at the club. Decisions may come down to the ambition of a club.
Also, sometimes personal terms cannot be agreed and deals can look like they are going to happen and then fall through.
After discussions with the player, he might decide he wants more money, not be happy with certain clauses or want a shorter or longer contract. It is then the agents job to tweak the clauses.
As part of a deal a player will also have to undergo a medical.

THE AGENT'S CUT

An agent can only be remunerated by one party. An agent will in most cases negotiate a fee with the buying club.
The club will then pay this as a lump sum or in annual instalments. Any fee due to the agent is recorded in the documentation relating to agents which is sent off to the FA Premier League and Football Association.
Of paramount importance to me is the happiness of my clients. You have to be a pretty unscrupulous agent to stop a player's move going through because of demanding high fees.
Having said that agents may have put months of work into facilitating a transfer and, as such, are entitled to be paid for the work they have undertaken.

WHEN THE DEAL IS DONE

Once everything is sorted certain documents need to be lodged with the relevant authorities for the transfer to be approved and registered.

Documents are lodged with:

*.The Football Association and Premier League if the transfer involves a player moving to a Premiership club.
*.The Football League and FA if the transfer involves a player moving to a Football League club.
The documents include the transfer documentation, the financial agreement between the two clubs, the players contract, the players registration, the players bonus schedule, and any forms relating to agents.

After all of this....DEAL'S DONE!!!
Romance / Re: Genital Cosmetic Surgery, The New Trend by 9jasmart(m): 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
Is it nt beta to live tins just the way they are? Wat about the unknown complications that might arise?
Romance / Genital Cosmetic Surgery, The New Trend by 9jasmart(m): 11:50am On Apr 26, 2016
Hope this's not what a popular Nigerian actress meant recently when she said she's rebuilding her virginity for her new man?

Genital cosmetic surgery

The number of women seeking genital cosmetic surgery (GCS) is increasing. We look at the different procedures available and what women should know before doing it.

What is genital cosmetic surgery (GCS)?

There are several procedures that come under the term GCS. They include:

Labiaplasty– This involves surgery to the labia minora (inner lips) and less frequently, the labia majora(outer lips). Labiaplasty of the labia minora is the most commonly performed GCS procedure. It generally involves reducing the size of the inner lips so they do not protrude below the outer lips. It is also used to correct asymmetry of the lips, where one lip is significantly different in size/length to the other. Some women have labiaplasty because their labia cause them chafing, irritation and also limit their participation in activities such as bike riding. However, many women also undergo labiaplasty because they are embarrassed about the appearance of their labia.

Vaginoplasty– This involves tightening the inside of the vagina and the vaginal opening by removing excess tissue from the vaginal lining. It effectively results in a vagina with a smaller diameter. Vaginoplasty is often promoted as a solution for women who have experienced a loss of vaginal tone due to childbirth. It is also referred to as 'vaginal rejuvenation'.

Hymenoplasty– This procedure reconstructs the hymen (the thin membrane of skin that partially covers the vaginal entrance in a virgin). The edges of the torn hymen are reconnected so that when sexual intercourse takes place the membrane will tear and bleed. While hymenoplasty is predominantly performed for religious or cultural reasons, it is also being promoted as 're-virgination', for women who want to give their partner the 'gift' of their virginity.

Labia majora augmentation– This procedure seeks to plump up the outer lips by injecting them with fatty tissue taken from another part of the woman's body.

Vulval lipoplasty– This procedure involves the use of liposuction to remove fat deposits from the mons pubis (the pad of fatty tissue covered by pubic hair). This results in the mons pubis being less prominent.

center of gravity augmentation– This procedure involves injecting a substance such as collagen into the center of gravity in order to enhance its size and, therefore, theoretically also a woman's sexual pleasure. The effects will last 3-4 months on average after which the procedure needs to be repeated.

Clitoral hood reduction– This procedure involves reducing the hood of skin which surrounds the clitoris, exposing the glans (or head) of the clitoris that lies underneath. A clitoral hood reduction is aimed at providing more stimulation, therefore, heightening a woman's sexual pleasure. The procedure is also known as hoodectomy.

Who is having GCS?

There has been an increase in the number of women having GCS in the last decade. Medicare claims for vulvoplasty and labiaplasty jumped from 707 in the 2002/03 financial year to 1,588 in the 2012/13 financial year. Medicare statistics do not include women having their surgical procedures in the private health system so the true number of GCS procedures is likely to be higher. In November 2012, a cap was placed on the Extended Medicare Safety Net(EMSN) for vulvoplasty and labiaplasty. Essentially this means that the Medicare benefit amount that women can claim for these items is now capped, regardless of the fee charged by the doctor. It will be interesting to see what effect this change has on the number of procedures being carried out.

Why are more women seeking GCS?

The rise in numbers of women having GCS is in some part due to a greater awareness of the available procedures. There is a wealth of information about GCS on the internet and major women's magazines have also featured articles on the topic. Similarly, many surgeons advertise GCS services on the internet and in other publications. While more women know about GCS, this doesn't explain why more women feel the need to have it.

What is causing women to modify their genitals?

The rise in popularity of Brazilian waxing appears to be one reason why GCS is on the rise. Removing the vast majority of pubic hair means that the genitals are less camouflaged and women are more aware of their appearance. Increased exposure has led women to feel more self-conscious about their genitals and worried about whether they are 'normal'.
How the female genitals appear in pornography has also been given as a reason why women are pursing GCS. Professor Ajay Rane, an urogynaecologist recently remarked to Australian Doctor that GCS was "promulgated by internet pornography – it's promoting a false idea of what genital anatomy should look like."
In order for an adult magazine to be classified as 'unrestricted' and, therefore, sold on the shelf in a newsagent, a woman's genitals must be 'discreet'. Women's genitals are, therefore, typically airbrushed so that the labia minora are not visible, often resembling those of a pre-pubescent girl. The internet has meant that women are more likely to encounter pornographic images and inevitably they may find themselves comparing their own genitals to those of the women feature.

What are the risks and complications of GCS?

GCS carries with it the associated risks of surgery, including the risks of anaesthetic, bleeding, infection and scarring. Other risks of GCS include:

*.Nerve damage and loss of sensation
*.Labia asymmetry
*.Permanent colour change
*.Scalloping of the labia edge
*.Tissue death along the wound
*.Blood clots
*.Pain during sex
*.Change in sexual arousal
*.Dissatisfaction with results
*.Damage to other genital areas

Some of these complications may require further surgery.
In addition, there are very few studies that examine the long term effects of GCS, particularly regarding sexual function, pregnancy and childbirth and ageing. Most existing studies only measure women's satisfaction a short time after the surgery. Similarly, the studies are often conducted by those performing the surgery and, therefore, do not provide an independent view. It is important that there is more reliable and unbiased evidence on GCS.
We know, for example, that the labia play a role in sexual arousal

What effect does labiaplasty, therefore, have on sexual function?

Similarly, at menopause women often experience less lubrication due to the drop in oestrogen levels. Will women who have had labiaplasty (and hence already have a reduced source of lubrication) suffer more from a lack of lubrication?

Choosing a surgeon

Surgeons who conduct GCS have different qualifications, training and experience. Women should look for a surgeon that belongs to a professional body. For example, a member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) has completed a minimum of 12 years medical and surgical education plus at least five years of specialist postgraduate training. The ASPS provide a searchable database of surgeons on their website

( www.plasticsurgery.org.au).

There are a number of questions that women can ask their surgeon:

*.Their experience at performing a particular procedure
*.What particular technique they use (eg., in labiaplasty there are several different surgical variations)
*.The risks/complications and side effects of the procedure and how common (or rare) they are
*.How side effects/complications are treated/managed
*.The level of post-operative pain and how long it will last for
*.Length of recovery (including how much time needed off from work/household duties/sex)
*.If surgery/treatments are required for post-operative complications, who is responsible for the extra costs.

What is normal?

Many women who consider having GCS actually have genitals that are in a normal range. A study published in theInternational Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecologyin 2011, for example, found of the 33 women requesting a labiaplasty, all actually had normal sized labia minora. Knowing what is normal, therefore, is important in any woman's decision to explore GCS. Patients who request a labiaplasty in Professor Ajay Rane's clinic are firstly shown some 300 images of women's genitals as a way of demonstrating the natural variation.

The female genitals vary greatly in their colour, size and shape. In a 2005 study of 50 pre-menopausal women, published in the British Journal of Gynaecology, the labia minora ranged from 20-100mm longways and 7-50mm in width. As this was only the variation in 50 women, the variation in the general population is likely to be much wider. Labia minora can be short, thick and ruffled or long, thin and smooth and anything in between. They range in colour from deep pink, brownish pink, reddish pink, purplish, grey or black. They are often not the same colour all over but a combination of different colours (ie., edges darker). It is also not uncommon for the labia to be asymmetrical, with one being larger/longer than the other.

The function of the labia minora is to provide a protective covering for the urethra and vagina. They also play a role in sexual arousal. When sexual arousal occurs blood flows to the area and the labia minora swell, heightening sexual pleasure. The labia minora also provide lubrication so that the skin doesn't rub.

The labia majora are also designed to protect the genitals underneath. In addition they act as cushions during sexual intercourse. The labia minor and labia majora are derived from the same tissue as that of the shaft of the penis and scrotum, respectively, in a male embryo. This helps to explain why the labia have the appearance that they do.

The mons pubis is also designed to reduce discomfort during sex by providing padding over the pubic bone. This is why it remains, even after a significant weight loss.
As well as a wide variation amongst women, an individual's genitals will change over their life span. During puberty girls may notice a darkening of the skin in the genital area and/or an enlarging of the labia in response to the hormonal changes. Pregnancy is also a time when the labia undergo changes, including enlargement and/or a change in colour. When women reach menopause the connective tissue and fat deposits in the labia majora (outer lips) are reduced and they appear thinner.

Similarly, the labia minora may shrink and change colour, becoming paler.
Sports / Sites To Download Complete Football Match by 9jasmart(m): 9:05am On Apr 25, 2016
Pls doe anyone have a site where I can download a complete football match?

Ur suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sports / All Eyes On Leicester City Fc by 9jasmart(m): 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2016
"Lie-kester."
"No, Leicester."
"Less-ester?"
"No, Leicester. As in Lester."
"Oh. Why is it pronounced like that?"

If Leicester City win the Premier League, it will be one of the most captivating British sport stories in years.

For those not yet aware, a small, unfashionable team based in England's East Midlands has somehow stormed the Premier League.
With four games left, Leicester City are five points ahead of anyone and barring a collapse, on course for their first top-flight league title in their 132-year history.
That's what makes Leicester's potential feat on a comparative shoestring so remarkable, breaking into a rich elite. When they beat Manchester City recently, they overcame a squad that cost 15 times their own.

If Leicester was in the US, it might be...
*.Wichita, Kansas, similar population (roughly 375,000)
*.New Orleans, Louisiana, similar diversity (Leicester is majority non-white, 55%)
*.Belle Fourche, South Dakota, similar location (the geographical centre of England is Fenney Drayton in Leicestershire)

This team was in the third tier of English football in 2009, and after climbing to the top division, they spent months last season in bottom place.
They weren't just out of fashion, they were a byword for failure.
As recently as 18 months ago, the chairman of Marseilles said he would be a "sucker" to take an interest in signing any Leicester City player.
And their Algerian star player Riyad Mahrez says he thought they were a rugby club when they first expressed an interest in him.

Should they win English football's most prestigious prize, some say the feat would be the most unlikely event in the history of team sports. Globally.

Claudio Ranieri said: "This is a small club that is showing the world what can be achieved through spirit and determination. Twenty-six players. Twenty-six different brains. But one heart."

Leicester's success down to the implosion of several of the big English clubs like Chelsea, some astute Leicester signings and new manager Ranieri.
After a troubled summer when the last manager resigned after a Thai brothel scandal involving his son, the club turned to a man whose Greece side had just lost to the Faroe Islands. Suffice to say, hopes were not high.
Now Ranieri is a folk hero in the East Midlands and there's even talk of a knighthood from the Queen.

There is also an English king's hand in their success, if you believe in superstition. Ever since Richard III's body was dug up from a car park in Leicester and restored to the city's cathedral a year ago, their fortunes have turned around.
The Very Reverend David Monteith of Leicester Cathedral has said that the re-interment added to the sense of civic pride.

"History has been buried and now it's revealed in all kinds of different ways, not least in the [football] match."

1 Like

TV/Movies / Sites Suggestions To Download Foreign Movies On Mobile by 9jasmart(m): 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
Do u download movies on mobile devices? No make suggestions sites to download foreign movies on mobilephones
Education / Re: Nine Courses That Can Make You Cry In Nigerian University by 9jasmart(m): 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
senachiever:
Hausa Engineering
Abeg which planet dis dude come from?
Crime / Re: Pictures Of Christian Teenage Girls that were Abducted In The North by 9jasmart(m): 10:54am On Mar 07, 2016
Dis people are notin bt a plagues and reproach to dis country. No good news ever com 4RM their own side of the country and they don't contribute anytin meaningful to the nations development but rather pullin us down and takin us backward. Imagine a Nigeria without this saddistic gays, we would by now be among the greatest nations of the world.

1 Like

Phones / Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by 9jasmart(m): 5:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
Do u have MTN sim? Just get ready cos u are all gonna be part of the double recovery plan. Trust me, private companies are wise at their own game. They have done their homework before paying and the gains will be all theirs soon. Nigerians will be the grasses to suffer this just concluded elephants' battle
Celebrities / Re: Checkout Comedian AY Before And Now - Photo by 9jasmart(m): 8:10am On Feb 24, 2016
OMG, oh boy see that ege dun!!! Cassava stach Na bastard
Religion / Re: We Are Ready To Take Over From Oritsejafor – Northern CAN Replies Group by 9jasmart(m): 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
In a country where every single damn tin is turned political, doomsday is what follows next.
Celebrities / Re: Dabota Lawson Files For Divorce From Billionaire Prince Sunny Aku by 9jasmart(m): 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2016
Am n t surprised she cheats on her hubby. D truth is DAT women like sex much more than men do bt won't admit it. The advantage they have is DAT they can control d their emotion better than men
Politics / Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by 9jasmart(m): 8:18am On Feb 02, 2016
The same fake harmo d army are still using and effectively displacing insurgency. All dis administration do is talk bad abt past admin to cover of their ineffectiveness. Another election is almost here if they don't know and we will see how much pass mark they will get better than the previous govt. We all know the state of d economy wen he left and wat it is now.

2 Likes

Romance / Re: Kano Bans Pornographic Movies, Blue Films Seized From Shops & Set On Fire (Pics) by 9jasmart(m): 9:31pm On Nov 27, 2015
phonerotica.com phonerotica.ca
Politics / Enemy Of The State by 9jasmart(m): 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
#Enemy_Of_The_State

Whenever merit is set aside by prejudice of whatever origin, individual citizen as well as the nation itself are victimized. This is what you get when "artists" take side with "the emprior" against "the powerless".
Mediocrity destroys the very fabric of a country as surely as a war; ushering in all sorts of banality, ineptitude, corruption, and debauchery. when a nation enshrines mediocrity as her modul of oparandi and creates fertile ground for the rise of tyrants and other base elements in the society, by silently assenting to the dismantling of systems of excellence because they do not immediately benefit one specific ethnic, racial, political or special interest group. Features of CORRUPTION.

Now its is crystal clear we have to fight this enemy with everything at our disposal. Nigeria need to identify the right leader with the right kind of character, education, and background. Someone who understand what is at stake- where we had been, where we are and where we need to go. We need to liberate this nation anew, this time not from foriegn power but from our own corrupt brothers.
It is time to ask critical questions about the future, such as: How can a country conduct free and fair election? How can we elect the right kind of leaders?
Having grand ideal is fine, but its execution requires a strong leader. Clearly, identifying and putting in place that elusive leader remain the principal problems. The road to this recovery will not come easily. The key lies in manner in which leadership this country is selected. Nigeria have to do away with this present system of godfatherism-an archaic, corrupt practice in which individual with lots of money and time to spare (most of which are half-baked, popularly educated thugs) sponsor their chosen candidates and push them right through to the desired political positions, bribing, threatening, and, on occasion murdering any opposition in the process.
It will not surprise any observer to discover that in this inane system, the same unsavory characters who have destroyed the country and looted the treasury, and blind the nation are the one able to run elective and appointive positions. the unpleasant factor of the violence associated with partisan politics that is often designed to keep balanced, well-educated, fair-minded Nigerians away.it may appear impossible to rectify, because we've allowed this situation of confusion to go on right from independence; growing and accelerating steadily worse. The oppressive process effectively strips away from the minds of the people the knowledge that they have rights. Restoring flaws of democratic systems will not make the country a success overnight by, at least will create the path to greater Nigeria. It is time to work at developing , nurturing, sustaining and protecting democracy and democratic institutions. We must learn patience and not istant miracles. Building a nation is a process and can not be done in just a regime.
Corruption in Nigeria has passed the alarming and entered the fatal stage, and Nigeria will die if we continue to pretend that she is slightly indisposed. Nigerians are corrupt because the system they live under is corrupt. They will cease to be corrupt when corruption is made difficult and unattarctive; when corruption is treated sincerely as treason.

#smiles4smart
Celebrities / Re: Toyin Aimakhu Doesn’t Have A Bikini Body, Yet She Wants To Swim By Force (Pic) by 9jasmart(m): 8:18am On Sep 20, 2015
her shape is nat in ha favour at all. She just awkward wen she put on bomshot in movies.
Phones / Now U Can Replace Your Sim Online by 9jasmart(m): 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has approved Online SIM Replacement (OSR) in the new draft of its SIM Replacement Guidelines, this is according to a report via The Vanguard.
The report reveals that Head of Legal Services at the Commission, Akintoye Yetunde stated that the draft rules are aimed at creating and providing a seamless, effective and efficient procedure for SIM replacement in Nigeria. Yetunde added that the intention was to curve incidences of fraudulent replacements.
Yetunde said that the OSR can only be carried out either through the National Service Providers’ (NSPs) website or self-service terminal. NSPs are expected to create platforms on their websites where subscribers can login to carry out SIM Replacement using a unique identification and PIN issued by the NSP. The subscriber would be required to purchase a new SIM, to which the information from the old SIM card would be transferred.
The report reveals further that a replacement SIM must be activated within two hours, said Yetunde, once verification of the subscriber information had been carried out. The regulator warned that the NSPs would be held liable for any SIM replacement carried out in violation of the guidelines or done fraudulently by its agent or dealer. She said NSPs are expected to carry out quarterly audit of SIM replacement transactions carried out by both its staff and agents, and a report forwarded to the Commission.
Science/Technology / Who Invented The Internet? by 9jasmart(m): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
As you might expect for a technology so expansive
and ever-changing, it is impossible to credit the
invention of the Internet to a single person. The
Internet was the work of dozens of pioneering
scientists, programmers and engineers who each
developed new features and technologies that eventually merged to become the “information
superhighway” we know today. Long before the technology existed to actually build
the Internet, many scientists had already anticipated
the existence of worldwide networks of information.
Nikola Tesla toyed with the idea of a “world wireless
system” in the early 1900s, and visionary thinkers
like Paul Otlet and Vannevar Bush conceived of mechanized, searchable storage systems of books
and media in the 1930s and 1940s. Still, the first
practical schematics for the Internet would not arrive
until the early 1960s, when MIT’s J.C.R. Licklider
popularized the idea of an “Intergalactic Network”
of computers. Shortly thereafter, computer scientists developed the concept of “packet switching,” a
method for effectively transmitting electronic data
that would later become one of the major building
blocks of the Internet. The first workable prototype of the Internet came in
the late 1960s with the creation of ARPANET, or the
Advanced Research Projects Agency Network.
Originally funded by the U.S. Department of Defense,
ARPANET used packet switching to allow multiple
computers to communicate on a single network. The technology continued to grow in the 1970s after
scientists Robert Kahn and Vinton Cerf developed
Transmission Control Protocol and Internet Protocol, or
TCP/IP, a communications model that set standards
for how data could be transmitted between multiple
networks. ARPANET adopted TCP/IP on January 1, 1983, and from there researchers began to assemble
the “network of networks” that became the
modern Internet. The online world then took on a
more recognizable form in 1990, when computer
scientist Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide
Web. While it’s often confused with the Internet itself, the web is actually just the most common
means of accessing data online in the form of
websites and hyperlinks. The web helped popularize
the Internet among the public, and served as a crucial
step in developing the vast trove of information that
most of us now access on a daily basis.
Romance / Re: Is It Right For Fiance Wanting To Know Detailed Past Sex Life by 9jasmart(m): 11:37am On Apr 24, 2015
What really happens most times after you have listened and heard it all are

1 u always beliv there are more left out unsaid

2 u always feel betrayed unnecessarily even wit d fact that it happen bfore u came along

3 the love, affection, trust and dedication to the rltnshp will start diminishing.

4 u start feeeling that u are dealing wit a used and left ova person

5. Insignificant things that don't count and do not bring issues will start causing problems btween you.

5 you will make your partner regret telling you because it will now be a weapon to hurt him/ha

To avoid all these if u value and chrish the relationship it is beta u don't ask or assume.
Romance / Is It Right For Fiance Wanting To Know Detailed Past Sex Life by 9jasmart(m): 9:38am On Apr 24, 2015
I have heard from friends and just read an article recently about partners asking about how long they have come in their sex escapade. Sometimes I wonder what they want to acheive in knowing. The usual outcome of this is emotional deterioration of affection. So I will simply advise that once u love someone, let the damaging past be buried.

Please share your experience and opinion
Politics / Furgitive In Own Motherland: Africa by 9jasmart(m): 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
Even the good dids; and not only the the bad dids of the past hunt. Probably this is the last thing we expect from a country like South Africa. But now here we are counting the cost of apartheid they suffered and the cost xenophobia we are suffering now. Nigerians in particular have always suffered in S A for no just reason while their own citizens are here in Nigeria striving and living peacefully. the question is: what is action has our government done to put a lasting end to this since. All they do it watch it subside naturally and wait till it emanates again andagain. If we can be suffering this in our own motherland africa then why do we complain when we are being treated has a coloured race elsewhere.

1 Share

Foreign Affairs / Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by 9jasmart(m): 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
Am nt surprised this so called kings lack what they thought they are made of: wisdom. such a tin just happened in nigeria last week from a so respected king in nigeria.
Politics / Re: All Eyes On Lag And The Lagoon by 9jasmart(m): 11:01am On Apr 11, 2015
Ok but what is ur opinion on this?
Politics / All Eyes On Lag And The Lagoon by 9jasmart(m): 10:54am On Apr 11, 2015
All Eyes on Lag and the Lagoon.

Will the Oba's speech turn out to be a Blessed Curse? Or will he be forgiven?
Before the speech, Ambode's viewd as a governor in the making. Everybody in lagos was not actually waiting for the election date but rather the hand over date. But since the historic speech made by the oba of lagos specifically to the Igbo tribes, the atmosphere both on land and the lagoon has changed. Now here comes the day that will for ever be part of history, and the planet's eyes are solely focused on " The Lag and the Lagoon" should Ambode loose the race, who should be blamed? The Oba or the Igbos?
Sports / Zlatan Ibrahimovic Now Has His Own Search Engine by 9jasmart(m): 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
n Ibrahimovic has taken things too far.
The Swedish international and Internet icon now has his own search engine to rival Google. Zlaaatan.com is the name and you can find out how it works by clicking on the link there. Do it when you’ve reached the end of this article.
The entire purpose of the engine is to filter out all results except those relating to you know who. SweetPop media agency creative director Nathan Barley Andreas Killander said:
Our search engine is linked to Google but all searches are Zlatan-related. If you type Ferrari you find information on the Ferrari Zlatan. If you are looking for a recipe, you have Zlatan Burger! Zlatan is an idol. He is known to the world, which is why we chose him. We did not ask him for his permission, but we hope that he will see it as a fun experience.
Now you may click the link.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.