Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,288 members, 7,850,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:02 PM

Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 (11104 Views)

Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations / Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr / Niger Delta Militants Threaten War Should Jonathan Lose Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 13, 2013
Do you know why I'm not happy with these stupid militants, if we present another Niger Deltan that is not Ijaw, Ijaws will drop the "A Niger Deltan must be president" brouhahaha and go with "an Ijaw must rule for 8 yeaqrs blah blah blah"

The Ijaw elites in their endless lack of sophistication are using "Niger Delta" to cry for an Ijaw agenda. The Itsekiri man know very well what is going on and is not a member of the stupid banana organization.

If Oshimole was running against Jonathan, Edo state will all of a sudden become a Western state. Oh, they all say, ND or SS must complete 8 year term. But put an Urhobo man to run the remaining 4 years of the so called ND 8 year term and there will be trouble. Oh wait, Can A Yoruba from ND (Itsekiri, ilaje, Akoko Edo etc) run for the remaining 4 years term?

The inconsistencies of the Ijaws in lumping the ND with their Ijaw agenda trying to strengthen the selfish course of the ijaws will be a dire strategic mistake that will harm them more.

To me, it's all still a tribal issue but we all know Ijaws will never come out and say "we are fighting an Ijaw course only" but to give more political strength to their agenda, they call it ND blah blah blah..

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 13, 2013
Why are they crying yet? 2015 is still 2yrs from now. Who knows? God forbid, what if the 'clueless one' kaput in the rock before then, wetin una go do?

Abeg make we hear words oh...all these fishermen sef, na wa oh!
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by nwabobo: 5:29pm On May 13, 2013
ezme:

Did you really follow the uprising in Lybia? The no-fly-zone was the reason the war became a fair one.

Dude I ask again, how old are you?

The reason I ask is that your response to issues here suggests that you do not know anything about the history of MEND and their battles with the Nugerian government. Air raids had been used extensively against MEND but they were all to no avail.
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Enoyoh: 5:33pm On May 13, 2013
Divide this country!
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by roselynbas(f): 5:49pm On May 13, 2013
berem: FORMER leaders of Niger Delta militants have warned that they will go back to the creeks if the 2015 presidential election is manipulated to edge out President Goodluck Jonathan.

The ex-militant leaders, who issued the warning while speaking with newsmen in Port Harcourt on Sunday, expressed sadness over an alleged plot to scheme Jonathan out of the 2015 race for the Presidency.

The former militants, who gathered under the auspices of the Niger Delta Ex-agitators Forum and the Association for Non-violence in Niger Delta, said they would see the outcome of the election as an act of God if Jonathan genuinely loses out in 2015.

NDEF President, Mr. Amaibi Ombi, cautioned that it was better to allow for a free and fair election than to manipulate the process in order to scheme out Jonathan.

On the recent comments credited to the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs, Mr. Kingsley Kuku, and Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, Ombi insisted that such statements could not be a threat to Nigeria as a country.

Dokubo-Asari had warned that Nigeria would be history if he was arrested for threatening violence in the whole country if Jonathan was not allowed to run a two-term tenure as President.

But Ombi described Dokubo-Asari’s stataement as no threat, but a statement to canvass the need for the President’s critics to allow him (Jonathan) run for two tenures in office.

“We will go back to the creeks if the 2015 presidential election is manipulated to scheme out President Goodluck Jonathan. But if the election is not manipulated, and Jonathan loses out, we would see it as the handiwork of God,” Ombi stressed.

The former militant leader claimed that some politicians, especially those from the North, were using Boko Haram to intimidate Jonathan out of the 2015 presidential election.

“They have been sending Boko Haram to harass and intimidate President Jonathan so that he will withdraw from the 2015 presidential race. Asari’s comment was not a threat; he (Dokubo-Asari) just wanted Nigerians to know that there is a need for Jonathan to go for two tenures,” the ex-fighter emphasised.

In his remark, ANND President, Mr. Kenneth West, cautioned Kuku and Dokubo-Asari against making inflamatory statements but warned against any move to arrest them over their comments on the 2015 general election.

West said some well-known political leaders in the northern part of the country had made similar comments in the past without anybody suggesting that they should be arrested.

He alleged that the corruption began in the North and wondered why nobody raised any dust on corruption when the northerners were in control of government.

“Asari only warned that in 2015, if Jonathan is not elected President, Nigeria will not be one. He was only warning; he was not threatening. If we are talking about corruption, it started from the North,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-ex-militants-threaten-to-resume-violence-in-2015/

it appears that this country is ruled by militants and politicians. Every other person has no say! #God is watching!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 13, 2013
Lazy,jobless nd irresponsible people
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Evestar200(f): 5:57pm On May 13, 2013
Is our money,,and is our oil,,we can destroy all d whole pipeline if we want to,,nd then everybody we go back to agriculture instead of finding easy way to chop nd drain our oil
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by iwanchop(m): 6:01pm On May 13, 2013
I think we rather leave Jonathan to continue being president till he dies.What is this rubbish about Jonathan ruling till 2019?What if he contests and loses the election in 2015?Or we should tell INEC not to conduct election come 2015.
Okupe,Maku ,Abati et al are still alive o but won't say anything to condemn statements like this because they are Pro-Jonathan
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by mrbrush: 6:02pm On May 13, 2013
Have you people forgot that it was OBJ corrupt govt.from 1999 to 2007 that give birth to all this militant group
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 13, 2013
militants pls goback to the creek if you so wish.you dont have to treathing anybody,
there is nothing we have not seen in this country before.
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by opis(m): 6:55pm On May 13, 2013
slimming: Only a lazy man will go back to greek

look my friend. with the situation upcoming ,if there's any place deeper than the greeks. then lets go there! gej is not the cause of the problem bt this so called boko haram:remember;a dry fish for 60yrs+ cannot be straightened. N0 NORTH PRESIDENT FOR 2015:
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by thehomer: 6:56pm On May 13, 2013
Now just listen to these fools. They've watched their states get looted and they're watching the country being looted by Mr. Jonathan but all they can think about is that the current thief is their son so he must be supported at all costs.

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by ezme(m): 7:05pm On May 13, 2013
nwabobo:

Dude I ask again, how old are you?

The reason I ask is that your response to issues here suggests that you do not know anything about the history of MEND and their battles with the Nugerian government. Air raids had been used extensively against MEND but they were all to no avail.

Epa!!! I dey ask you, do you know what constitute an air raid? you think say real life na COD 3? People dey die oh. Abi you think say Egbesu talisman go save them?
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 13, 2013
ola_pluto: Sometime ago, OBJ gave an interview to al-Jazeera. They asked him what his greatest achievement for 8 years in office was. He say'SECURITY'. Then, I thought what a joke. Today, I eat my words. Security is a reliable measure of a strong presidency. Jomo Gbomo, Abu Qaqa, Ombatse, MEND,etc. Who born them during OBJ tenure?

sometimes, some of you talk because others are talking, for the 8 years of OBJ was he not helpless in the case of Mend. Or because he invaded Odi which did not even solve any thing. if you are talking of Late Yaradua i will be hearing not OBJ. See GEJ is wiser than most of the Nigerian who would just come out and shout. The plot by the Northerners is to use Boko Haran Insurgency to provoke GEJ so as to use his military might on the affected area, then they will cry woo of genocide that will attract international body thereby forcing him out of office for crime against humanity. A case study is what happen in Baga. u canot fight those boko boys without affecting innocent soul due to the way they are operating. wise up anti GEJ
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by cheerishMe: 9:42pm On May 13, 2013
oshyno: I was just discusing wit a colleague in office n he said GEJ has messed dis country up such dat anybody can just make inflamatery statement without being questioned by SSS. I told him there is no way u can arrest Asari Dokubo for instance wen Kaita has made similer remark yet he wasn't arrested. Buhari, Atiku too all made treeatening statements yet they were nt arrested. GEJ probably didn't want t arrest dem then bcuz that wud av heat up d polity . One thing is clear here, North can't stand being out of power 4 soo long . They hv reached their boiling point n GEJ is just tryn to manage d [i][/i]situation soo it won't brake up d country.
[color=#000099][/color] my broda u are absolutely correct
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by ndukwejoe(m): 9:52pm On May 13, 2013
hahhahhahhhahhahhahhhahh
noblezone: Memoirs to Ojukwu,

Dear Sir,

The threats are still going on!
From North to South and from South to North!

this is 2013, but 2015 has taken the center stage as if it is just next week.

We have being calling on Biafrans still living in the Jihardists country to relocate for their own good, but they have not accepted yet. Maybe after the blood bath in 2015, those of them that will survive will heed the call to leave.

The North want the Presidency at all cost and they have not left anyone in doubt of what will happen if they don't get it.

I will keep you posted.

My regards to all fallen heroes!
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by ndukwejoe(m): 9:57pm On May 13, 2013
GEJ is qualified and almost everyday insurgents are having field day, pls explain the word "qualified"
Obiagelli:
Look at this one, only poverty ridden brains spew crap like yours
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Stlatyv(m): 10:20pm On May 13, 2013
berem: FORMER leaders of Niger Delta militants have warned that they will go back to the creeks if the 2015 presidential election is manipulated to edge out President Goodluck Jonathan.

The ex-militant leaders, who issued the warning while speaking with newsmen in Port Harcourt on Sunday, expressed sadness over an alleged plot to scheme Jonathan out of the 2015 race for the Presidency.

The former militants, who gathered under the auspices of the Niger Delta Ex-agitators Forum and the Association for Non-violence in Niger Delta, said they would see the outcome of the election as an act of God if Jonathan genuinely loses out in 2015.

NDEF President, Mr. Amaibi Ombi, cautioned that it was better to allow for a free and fair election than to manipulate the process in order to scheme out Jonathan.

On the recent comments credited to the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs, Mr. Kingsley Kuku, and Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, Ombi insisted that such statements could not be a threat to Nigeria as a country.

Dokubo-Asari had warned that Nigeria would be history if he was arrested for threatening violence in the whole country if Jonathan was not allowed to run a two-term tenure as President.

But Ombi described Dokubo-Asari’s stataement as no threat, but a statement to canvass the need for the President’s critics to allow him (Jonathan) run for two tenures in office.

“We will go back to the creeks if the 2015 presidential election is manipulated to scheme out President Goodluck Jonathan. But if the election is not manipulated, and Jonathan loses out, we would see it as the handiwork of God,” Ombi stressed.

The former militant leader claimed that some politicians, especially those from the North, were using Boko Haram to intimidate Jonathan out of the 2015 presidential election.

“They have been sending Boko Haram to harass and intimidate President Jonathan so that he will withdraw from the 2015 presidential race. Asari’s comment was not a threat; he (Dokubo-Asari) just wanted Nigerians to know that there is a need for Jonathan to go for two tenures,” the ex-fighter emphasised.

In his remark, ANND President, Mr. Kenneth West, cautioned Kuku and Dokubo-Asari against making inflamatory statements but warned against any move to arrest them over their comments on the 2015 general election.

West said some well-known political leaders in the northern part of the country had made similar comments in the past without anybody suggesting that they should be arrested.

He alleged that the corruption began in the North and wondered why nobody raised any dust on corruption when the northerners were in control of government.

“Asari only warned that in 2015, if Jonathan is not elected President, Nigeria will not be one. He was only warning; he was not threatening. If we are talking about corruption, it started from the North,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-ex-militants-threaten-to-resume-violence-in-2015/
so cos d northan part brought up insanity(acordn to u) does dat mean we shuld al go insame. Nt an excuse enough for u to threaten peace,its nt ur big bro
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by irokop(m): 10:48pm On May 13, 2013
Ladies and gents of the house, you should know it by now that nigeria is not one and if any of u insist that we are one may his her family be one like this nija, how can this north hold power for more than 3 decade and just for 3 yrs the powers is not with them they ar bombarding churchs only to take the power back its unfair and may lead to the disintegration of this amagamation called country, we ar not one country let them come to a table let us discuss how evry body will go their seprate ways. Its not by force to stay as one, God bless ojukwu ikemba who saw yesterday
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Uziehot(m): 11:26pm On May 13, 2013
ezme:

I'm from the region but I sure would not enlist to fight anyone's war. Within the region we have our own differences,I'm from a minority ethnic nationality. What I'm open for is a sovereign National conference. I'm not a coward but I would not fight an Ijaw man's war. GEJ and his present performance is not worth fighting for.
bro u talk well.
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by greatmen: 8:10am On May 14, 2013
The fear of mend is wisdom ! free oil is coming to an end.
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by greatmen: 8:13am On May 14, 2013
Uziehot: bro u talk well.
tlk well, u live slavery continue to say the ijaw mans war you and your generation would be marganilised this is about the south south and the east who have been treated unfairly for years if u cant c d big picture i pity u !
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Localtrouble: 10:01am On May 14, 2013
cjrane:

[size=20pt]Who is the Lazy thief?
The man who steals another man's resources instead of developing his own,or the man who fights for his God given resources against thieves using the fraudulent name nigeria to justify their thievery?
Just like the sponsors of Boko haram did not see anything wrong in Nigeria in 2007 because their own Yar'adua benefited from the sham called election, but started blowing things up because GEJ is now president,the ND militants should wait for GEJ to complete his tenure in 2019, then furiously smash all oil installations, until no oil is produced from the Niger Delta region. Let their President use their groundnut to fund development in Nigeria
[/size]
Don't know what to do with some one like you..should I kiss, or hug or...chai, by the powers vested on me I now pronounce you the spokes person of the ND..eseeee!! The hausa fulanis will never speak the truth even when its as glaring as daylight!! Asari talk, Kuku duko..since they think its their birthright to rule, its also our birthright to protect and even keep our resources!! Ndi hausa go back to your groundnut pyramids ooo! Go fight for groundnut pyramid blocks ooo!! Ndi-osshhhhiii, I have never seen a set of politicians so greedy. A south southerner steals and he's made a public disgrace..yet we have a lot of agbada throwing barawos walking as free men! Taaaaaah!! Make una go kiss python!!
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Nobody: 10:05am On May 14, 2013
As far as politics and ethnicity is concerned,the entity called nigeria can neva work.
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by charles424(m): 10:35am On May 14, 2013
Niger delta don't need all this noise...if their son meet up to expectation he will be president come 2015 but if not,there is nothing they can do..its a matter of the way you lay your bed,you lie on it....Nigeria is greater than any ethnicity or region,if not ask Biafra and ask yoruba ppl too on June 12...ask even mariam abacha,she will tell you a little.
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by slimghost(m): 10:47am On May 14, 2013
They are welcome. Bomb the damned Country to Ashes.
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Uziehot(m): 3:07pm On May 14, 2013
greatmen: tlk well, u live slavery continue to say the ijaw mans war you and your generation would be marganilised this is about the south south and the east who have been treated unfairly for years if u cant c d big picture i pity u !
. Pity urself. I'm nt part of ur outcry. I'm made without oil money. Its u who wil,cuz u cant c d bigga picture. Buhbhahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Resumes Rocket Testing / House of Reps Backs State Police In 36 States / Anambra Defeat: Makarfi Brought Ill-luck To PDP, Says Kashamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.