Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha (1423 Views)

Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison / Photos From Mariam Abacha's 68th Birthday Dinner / Mariam Abacha & Mohamadou Bayero Fadil, Her Son-inlaw Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by denuda: 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2008
AWidow of late General Sani Abacha, Mariam, has said she has forgiven former President Olusegun Obasanjo and all those who cast aspersion on the late head of state.
Speaking to journalists yesterday at the Gidado Road residence of late general, the former first lady said she had forgiven all those who still have one issue or the other with either her late husband or any member of the family.
She said even Obasanjo who trailed Abacha family members to a point of incarcerating her son and confiscating some of their property has also been forgiven adding that wished him well.
On life without her husband, she said that there was “nothing one can do as death is the final arbiter on any living thing either human or animal and at any given point of time” adding “death is certain and can come to anybody and by whatever means.”
On her pet programme “Family Support Programme” she said though subsequent first ladies must have their respective programmes however, she urged the present first lady to use her good office to better the lots of women and further implored her to adopt what she feels can assist her to achieve success from her previous initiatives of family support programme.
She said during her husband’s tenure she did a lot to alleviate of the sufferings of families in Nigeria, recalling her initiative of organising Nigerian women for the conference in Beijing, China.
On the 10th anniversary of the death of the former military ruler, Mariam said prayers will hold on Sunday which will witness the convergence of Islamic scholars to pray for the repose of his soul.
Re: I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by MallamMusa: 5:27pm On Jun 05, 2008
she can now wait for us Nigerians to forgive her for what her late husband and her sons did to us.

1 Like

Re: I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by blacksta(m): 11:21pm On Jun 05, 2008
Only in nigeria will a theif stand so boldly and say them wrong me. This woman has the sheer aduacity to say she dey allveiate poverty more like increase poverty. What a shame that such people like this can't answer for their crime against humanity but I know say God they

1 Like

Re: I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by nijerd: 12:34am On Jun 08, 2008
I am surprised that in a country like ours some ignoble personality like Mariam Abacha can begin to talk of forgiving some other personality, especially of OBJ's sort. I can't just bring myself to stomach this national insult. She even had the brazen shamelessness of going on air to tell obvious lies about the person of her late husband who must be denying the "allegations" (of being a honest, humaneand dedicated leader and a believer in all that is good, blah. blah, ) levelled against him by his loving wife. i am sure that not many of us Nigerians are such dimwits as to so quickly forget where their ungodly activities might have led this country but for God, and the sweet girls from India grin!
Anyway, any Mariam, oh Sorry! I meant to say any Body can use her mouth to "wa rough".
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by TCUBE(m): 11:26am On Jun 08, 2008
I think she should seek the forgiveness of nigerians first, ridiculous
Re: I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by oberon(m): 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2008
T CUBE I agree it can only happen in Nigeria
Re: I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by superboi(m): 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2008
okay she has forgiven obasanjo,tell have we have forgiven abacha
Re: I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by chidichris(m): 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2008
she must say something at least to tell nigerians that she is still living.
on the other hand, the next news will be federal govt's recognition of her family because she is seeking notice.
that not withstanding, calls for forgiveness because among every other thief that had ruled nigeria, her late husband was singled out for probe.
Re: I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by otele(m): 8:05pm On Jun 10, 2008
lol, kettle forgiving pot for being black grin
Re: I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by MethodMan3(m): 10:14am On Jun 11, 2008
Does Obasanjo deserve to be forgiven?

And who is Mrs Abacha to open her corruption-benefitted mouth?

The state of the country today is as a result of the recklessness, mis-management and sheer greed of your dead husband and the likes of Obasanjo

Therefore they don't all deserve to be forgiven, scum fuckers!
Re: I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by bilymuse: 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2008
she s crying for help and require urgent medical attention, the integrity of her mental state is in doubt
Re: I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by fyneguy: 2:14pm On Jun 11, 2008
grin

then OBJ will soon pay her a courtesy visit and probably say "Your husband may have made some mistakes,we all are humans and  fallible. He was a brave man and a victim of circumstances. I will continue to support your family''.

Nigeria is a soap opera
Re: I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by holythug(m): 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2008
na so naa wink
Re: I ‘ve Forgiven Obasanjo – Mariam Abacha by akpanbaba: 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2008
this is kind of story can only come from a family that has anointing for stealing public funds.they are shameless.of course,the wife of a thief is also a thief.one day mariam ibb will also tell nigerians that her husband invested oil windfall for nigerians and the family of dele giwa should apologise to her husband.nonesense

(1) (Reply)

Yar'adua Proposes Reduction Of Inec's Powers. / Senator Iyiola Omisore Is The Newest Senator In Town / Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.