Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,080 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System (30033 Views)

Twitter Replaces "Favorites" Button With Heart "Likes" Button. / Man Given Eight-inch Bionic Penis After Losing Use Of Genitals In An Accident / First Fully Bionic Man Walks, Talks And Breathes(watch VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by infonubia(m): 5:06am On Oct 19, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/-CYa3YH5dw00/UmHpI-1wR_I/AAAAAAAACYM/aZm9-jSA1W0/s640/rroboy.jpg[/img]

Meet Frank, a robot made of prosthetic limbs and body parts. He has a beating heart and complete circulatory system. He's the world's first full Bionic Man to be introduced at the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum at Washington, D.C.

It's not fake. He's real...and he's the first! Frank, the 'bionic man' is 6 feet and weighs 170 lbs. His face is made of synthetic parts and modeled after Bertolt Meyer, a social psychologists from the University of Zurich in Switzerland. Meyer thought it was awkward when he first saw his replica. Meyer will also be hosting the documentary created to show the making of Frank and shed insight on the bionic man.

Frank's voice is similar to Siri on an Apple iPhone, and his personality is programmed to mimic a 13-year-old Ukrainian boy. This robot cost a whopping $1 million. Not bad at all, in comparison to many expensive projects that scientists attempt which eats up taxpayers' money. Frank has over 2/3rd of the human body. He has an artificial heart, a programmed, legs, pancreas, head, see-through chest, and some body parts you probably didn't know existed. These artificial organs were actually donated from laboratories around the world. So, it's a joint effort of several global scientists.

Frank, however, does not have a liver, stomach, and intestines because they are too complicated to generate in a lab. Frank's assembly took 3 months and was directed by roboticists Rich Walker and Matthew Godden of Shadow Robot Co. in England. This is a ground-breaking scientific development. Scientist and roboticists never cease to amaze me.

I don't know if Frank is worth the cost of a flight to Washington. Nevertheless, I'm willing to check out the documentary premiering on October 20. I'm interested in knowing how these scientists replicated Frank's prosthetic body parts.

The creation of this bionic man raises some ethical questions: "Does creating something so life-like threaten notions of what it means to be human? What amount of body enhancement should be allowed or acceptable? And is it wrong that only some people have access to these life-extending technologies?

http://www.livescience.com/40535-show-unveils-worlds-first-bionic-man.html
http://www.infonubia.com/2013/10/the-worlds-first-robotic-man-with-heart.html
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by donsmall94(m): 5:22am On Oct 19, 2013
Am I dreaming...... I made it, FIRST TO COMMENT, thanks to airtel dat made the network stable nd mai charger for making my battery full. I believe I'm coming up FP things loading, back to d topic, hope it's existence can be controlled remotely because of nasty development....
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by badmeat(m): 6:19am On Oct 19, 2013
They didn't give him a joystick,Any way we can send him to mars to check if there is water and methane n sexy aliensgrin

25 Likes

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 19, 2013

8 Likes

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by ojeka1(m): 6:30am On Oct 19, 2013
Yes, I made it to the front page, am feeling like oba of all yoruba people
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by infonubia(m): 6:34am On Oct 19, 2013
Nonso23: Great! Humans are making progress towards their doom advancement in cyborg tech.
But are those organs biologically active?

They are artificial organs that are biologically active.
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 19, 2013

2 Likes

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by albacete(m): 11:00am On Oct 19, 2013
Does 'he' have a soul? Or conscience?

God is great!

34 Likes

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by infonubia(m): 12:35pm On Oct 19, 2013
albacete: Does 'he' have a soul? Or conscience?

God is great!
Man will always come short in our attempt at creating a fellow man. We may come close but it will always fall short.

4 Likes

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by albacete(m): 12:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
^^ GBAM
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by infonubia(m): 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
bad meat: They didn't give him a joystick,Any way we can send him to mars to check if there is water and methane n sexy aliensgrin
The mars project will be a good use of such robots.
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by ninja4life(m): 7:08am On Oct 20, 2013
Nice work by the scientists.i see some people displaying their ignorance here wat do u mean by soul are u talking about d concept developd by some people in d dark age thousands of years ago with no evidence to support it.abeg dis is a nice development hope d ethical issues will be addressd properly

4 Likes

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by albacete(m): 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
^^ If u don't believe humans have souls, what about conscience, or is that also a concept developed eons ago?

Maybe u need a clear definition of the word "ignorance".

19 Likes

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by tpia5: 4:21am On Oct 21, 2013
Data from startrek.
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by infonubia(m): 6:30am On Oct 21, 2013
tpia@:
Data from startrek.
hmm....
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by eduson33(m): 3:11pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nanesense
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
At the END I hope the mods won't ban me, cos this TIME I can boldly say that the THINGS my eyes have seen have made me speechless. undecided

34 Likes

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by dmola(m): 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
undecided
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by iknopro(m): 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hmmm, white. Una wan compete ryt?
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Lilimax(f): 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
albacete: Does 'he' have a soul? Or conscience?

God is great!
Was about to ask undecided.
It can never be like whom God created.
Uwa Mmebi

6 Likes

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by KingOmarion(m): 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hmmm..End Time thinz
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
This is a mere robot with parts looking like real body parts....

Dem try!

1 Like

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Chanchit: 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
Them suppose shot the scientist wei waste tax payers money to create this rubbish. Mtcheeew, I was even xpecting to see one tall guy not a robot.
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Lilimax(f): 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
infonubia:
Frank, however, does not have a liver, stomach, and intestines because they are too complicated to generate in a lab.
grin grin @ highlighted
It is no longer a 'man' undecided
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Willgates(m): 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
sad shocked
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Kemy11(m): 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
I know their plan. In third world war it will be humans fighting robots. God dey shaaa

1 Like

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by RockMaxi: 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
3D Printing, the next level tech.
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
The world is indeed coming to an end......

1 Like

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by YoshiMaster: 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
I need two of these before Christmas.

Boys for my side dey form flousing with iPhone 5, galaxy s4, even techno. Dem dey form checking weather, even though rain never fall since.

Just wait till I show up with my i-Man, shut the whole block down.

"I-man bia, biko, go bring my small stout from the fridge."

20 Likes

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by mascot87(m): 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
If it is not a real human being,it can never be thesame as a human being.But on a serious note, these guys are exceptional

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Louise Jaiyeola Oduyoye Develops Neva, An Emergency Power Backup For Surgeons / Major Earthquake Likely In Abuja, Kaduna, Ogun, Oyo, Bayelsa – NASRDA / Photos: Tour Through The Decades To Explore How Technology Has Changed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.