Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,381 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System (30052 Views)

Twitter Replaces "Favorites" Button With Heart "Likes" Button. / Man Given Eight-inch Bionic Penis After Losing Use Of Genitals In An Accident / First Fully Bionic Man Walks, Talks And Breathes(watch VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Oahray: 4:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
They shoulda just left the components in a right condition and let it evolve. Smh.

Humans try to copy nature and suck at it. Yet some insist nature wasn't designed.

1 Like

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
IT'S ALIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by 3kay945(m): 4:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
Kudos to the scientists.., they tried
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Evasmillingguy(m): 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
donroxy: LogicBoy,

I once told you about this invention .........

Hmmm, One day is gonna be one day when Human and Bionics will struggle on who become President abi UN SEC GEN grin grin ahaha !!

Mayb that time we shall all belief, we are somebody's ROBOT !!

What a world
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by worth(m): 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
The invention is mere robot not human being.Pancreas,lungs etc. pancreas alone as small as it they I.e scientists couldn't create it for transplanting to those who have pancreas aberration, which led to type1 diabetes,let alone creating other vital organs.people don't be desired by the toy they invented.God is so great that he cannot be fathomed.Jesus love u.

1 Like

Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by mkmyers45(m): 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
solace-c4t:
no doubt, the scientists tried,

but God is God

no man can make MAN, no matter how hard they try they cant Make God's image.
I want to hear what you have to say after the Singularity
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by ceejayluv(m): 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2013
thumbs up science...
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by ceejayluv(m): 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2013
worth: The invention is mere robot not human being.Pancreas,lungs etc. pancreas alone as small as it they I.e scientists couldn't create it for transplanting to those who have pancreas aberration, which led to type1 diabetes,let alone creating other vital organs.people don't be desired by the toy they invented.God is so great that he cannot be fathomed.Jesus love u.
OMORIHI: All these just to prove the inexistency ofGod.There is none comparable to the ALMIGHTY OMNIPOTENT!!
worth: The invention is mere robot not human being.Pancreas,lungs etc. pancreas alone as small as it they I.e scientists couldn't create it for transplanting to those who have pancreas aberration, which led to type1 diabetes,let alone creating other vital organs.people don't be desired by the toy they invented.God is so great that he cannot be fathomed.Jesus love u.
simulating nature doesn't amount to "Playing God" as you guys are insinuating. Nature has inspired science and science has affected nature. Bio-mimicry is a thriving movement in science as we try to imitate birds by building planes/ jet packs, marine life by designing submarines/diving gear and alternate vision by echolocation as used by bats and dolphins to mention a few. take a chill pill. Cut the nerds some slack.. It's all for the advancement of humanity.
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Adamskuty(m): 5:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
infonubia: [img]http://2.bp..com/-CYa3YH5dw00/UmHpI-1wR_I/AAAAAAAACYM/aZm9-jSA1W0/s640/rroboy.jpg[/img]

Meet Frank, a robot made of prosthetic limbs and body parts. He has a beating heart and complete circulatory system. He's the world's first full Bionic Man to be introduced at the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum at Washington, D.C.

It's not fake. He's real...and he's the first! Frank, the 'bionic man' is 6 feet and weighs 170 lbs. His face is made of synthetic parts and modeled after Bertolt Meyer, a social psychologists from the University of Zurich in Switzerland. Meyer thought it was awkward when he first saw his replica. Meyer will also be hosting the documentary created to show the making of Frank and shed insight on the bionic man.

Frank's voice is similar to Siri on an Apple iPhone, and his personality is programmed to mimic a 13-year-old Ukrainian boy. This robot cost a whopping $1 million. Not bad at all, in comparison to many expensive projects that scientists attempt which eats up taxpayers' money. Frank has over 2/3rd of the human body. He has an artificial heart, a programmed, legs, pancreas, head, see-through chest, and some body parts you probably didn't know existed. These artificial organs were actually donated from laboratories around the world. So, it's a joint effort of several global scientists.

Frank, however, does not have a liver, stomach, and intestines because they are too complicated to generate in a lab. Frank's assembly took 3 months and was directed by roboticists Rich Walker and Matthew Godden of Shadow Robot Co. in England. This is a ground-breaking scientific development. Scientist and roboticists never cease to amaze me.

I don't know if Frank is worth the cost of a flight to Washington. Nevertheless, I'm willing to check out the documentary premiering on October 20. I'm interested in knowing how these scientists replicated Frank's prosthetic body parts.

The creation of this bionic man raises some ethical questions: "Does creating something so life-like threaten notions of what it means to be human? What amount of body enhancement should be allowed or acceptable? And is it wrong that only some people have access to these life-extending technologies?

http://www.livescience.com/40535-show-unveils-worlds-first-bionic-man.html
http://www.infonubia.com/2013/10/the-worlds-first-robotic-man-with-heart.html
hmm! Nawa ooh
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Okijajuju1(m): 5:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
Eternity is finally here on earth.. grin

Happy sinning days are here again.. grin
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Anuoluwap(m): 5:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
All I know is that Artificial is artificial
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by edrys(m): 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
It reminds me of a Bollywood movie titled Robot. Let see where this invention leads Man to.
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
Okija_juju: Eternity is finally here on earth.. grin

Happy sinning days are here again.. grin
eternity without fucckinggg? No dick!angry Nothing! Man no even fit soak GAAAARRRRRRRIangry
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by spark4daz(f): 5:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
LIKE if you know they can never be capable to make someone as precious as you.
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by tundebj(m): 5:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
No stomach, no liver, see through chest, u cal dis a human? Na wa for dis tins we God create
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
ceejayluv:
simulating nature doesn't amount to "Playing God" as you guys are insinuating. Nature has inspired science and science has affected nature. Bio-mimicry is a thriving movement in science as we try to imitate birds by building planes/ jet packs, marine life by designing submarines/diving gear and alternate vision by echolocation as used by bats and dolphins to mention a few. take a chill pill. Cut the nerds some slack.. It's all for the advancement of humanity.

I am more concerned by the topic of the thread. Why should the scientists attempt to pass an android off as a bionic man?
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Jeezyy(m): 6:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
KingOmarion: Hmmm..End Time thinz
BUSTED!!!....10yr ban!
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
1010101: Most importantly CAN HE FUCCK TOTO? Cum and pregnant a woman? I will pay for Him to pregnant [size=16pt]sexkillz[/size]

Guy,a nut is left loose in ur brain!!!!
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by ceejayluv(m): 6:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
olu_kenzo :

I am more concerned by the topic of the thread. Why should the scientists attempt to pass an android off as a bionic man?
Define "BIONIC"
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by eightsin(m): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
Una try bt wats d aim of dis project? Wats d benefit to d economy n d human race at large.
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Orikinla(m): 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
God still pass them all.
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Gasinc: 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
no comment
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by drnoel: 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
Attack of the cyborgs is finally going to happen
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
ceejayluv:
Define "BIONIC"

Bionic:

Human having mechanical/electrical parts that compliment or work intandem with organic body parts, usually conferring superhuman abilities. i.e It has to have living parts, it has to be human but with mechanical parts that function like and aid the organic parts....

Android:

A Robot that looks and behaves like a human being. i.e it is completely of mechanical parts which have shapes and functions of human body parts...

These definitions makes nonsense of "Frank", at least in the bionic sense. I feel insulted by the attempt at semantic manipulation by the scientists. I won't buy such a lie for a kobo!
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
Good, thats what looks like man. But they can never be able to make man.
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by felipemadero(m): 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2013
donsmall94: .waiting...
wat for? undecided
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Wahala90: 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
ninja4life: Nice work by the scientists.i see some people displaying their ignorance here wat do u mean by soul are u talking about d concept developd by some people in d dark age thousands of years ago with no evidence to support it.abeg dis is a nice development hope d ethical issues will be addressd properly

Mumu4life thinking he is a ninja4life
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Ninilowo(m): 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
I refused to be deceived......JESUS IS LORD.
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nonso23: Great! Humans are making progress towards their doom advancement in cyborg tech.
But are those organs biologically active?

...no they are active o.since they are already synthesised
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by samuelfemo(m): 9:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
albacete: Does 'he' have a soul? Or conscience?

God is great!
man no be God
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nonso23: Great! Humans are making progress towards their doom advancement in cyborg tech.
But are those organs biologically active?

No! They are mechanical parts which can perform some functions of biological organs. I have seen humanoids which can do better tasks that this one on YouTube though.
Re: The World's First Bionic Man With Heart And Circulatory System by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ninilowo: I refused to be deceived......JESUS IS LORD.
Forget that statement of yours, Jesus was human(if really he existed).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Major Earthquake Likely In Abuja, Kaduna, Ogun, Oyo, Bayelsa – NASRDA / Louise Jaiyeola Oduyoye Develops Neva, An Emergency Power Backup For Surgeons / Photos: Tour Through The Decades To Explore How Technology Has Changed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.