Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR (11118 Views)

Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy / Buhari Did Not Get A Ms.degree From War College- Per US Administration Office / Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sincere 9gerian: Abuja — The Federal Government has so far evacuated 1,277 Nigerians stranded in crisis-torn Central African Republic, CAR. The National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, which disclosed this in Abuja yesterday, said evacuation exercise would continue until all Nigerians were airlifted out of the war-torn country.

It would be recalled that a United Nations, UN, report, said over one million people had been displaced from their homes in the clashes between Christian militias and the mainly Muslim Seleka rebel group that overthrew President Francois Bozize in March. According to NEMA, the first batch of evacuees arrived at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, on Friday, January 3. The agency said others, who were evacuated on Saturday and Sunday, were all received on behalf of the Federal Government by its Director-General, Muhammad Sani-Sidi, and officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ministry. Welcoming the returnees home, Sani-Sidi told the evacuees that food and non-food items were available for them at the camp, while contacts had been made with the government of their various states of origin to convey them home. Most of the registered evacuees were discovered to be indigenes of Bauchi, Edo, Jigawa, Kebbi, Borno, Ekiti, and Anambra, Zamfara, FCT, Akwa Ibom, Benue, Abia, Enugu, Kano, Imo and Kaduna states. Others were from Sokoto, Kwara, Adamawa, Gombe Nassarawa and Delta.

The governments of Benue, Anambra, Delta, Abia, Edo and Bauchi states have so far commenced the trans-portation of their indigenes out of camp in Abuja.

A breakdown of the evacuees, comprising mainly children, women, the aged and disabled, indicated that the first batch consisted of 365; second batch, 748; and third, 164.

Victims' stories

Meanwhile, some of the evacuees have appealed to the Federal Government for jobs, adding that gainful employment would help to cushion their plights.
One of them, Uche Okechukwu, who hails from Imo State, said: "I am pleading with the Federal Government to help us with jobs, because we have lost everything."

Another evacuee, Mrs Charity Igwe, from Anambra State, who fled CAR with four children, said going home with the children would not be easy for her.

Igwe said her husband refused to come, adding that she had to leave with her children for safety.
Mr. Sule Idris from Kano State said he was coming home after a four-year stay in CAR, stressing that his regrets was that he lost everything.

Idris appealed to the Federal Government to provide him with a job to make life meaningful for him again.

Agencies at work

The Defence Headquarters, DHQ, in collaboration with NEMA, Nigeria Immigration Services and other government agencies are involved in the evacuation of Nigerians from CAR back to the country.

Director of Defence Information, Maj.-Gen. Chris Olukolade, represented by Lt.-Col. Ezindu Idimah, said DHQ had provided Nigerian Air Force plane, medical team and other personnel to assist in the exercise.

The Head, Mission Control Centre of NEMA, Cdr. Mike Igwe, said the agency had been on ground for over a week to provide succour to the displaced persons.

Igwe said there had not been any casualty so far in the exercise.

Meanwhile, President Goodluck Jonathan has directed Defence Headquarters to dispatch one C-130 aircraft and two chartered aircraft to bring back 1,620 Nigerians

http://www.watchinga.com/article?utm_source=watchinga&utm_medium=topicpage&utm_term=GOWatchinga_central-african-republic-123321&utm_content=news&utm_campaign=rssfeed&u=http%253a%252f%252fallafrica.com%252fstories%252f201401060530.html&c=FG+Evacuates+1277+Nigerians+From+War-Torn+Central+African+Republic

3 Likes

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
nigerians are in CAR! **dies

4 Likes

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
scipher: nigerians are in CAR! **dies
Yes, Nigerians are almost everywhere
Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
Yes, Nigerians are almost everywhere
...because their FG is inept.

5 Likes

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
TribalEAST: ...because their FG is inept.
And your state governor, who receives about 50% of the federal allocation to your state (state govt-local govt joint account), is what?

18 Likes

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
Why is this thread deserted, mods do your job sad
Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
Promhize: Why is this thread deserted, mods do your job sad
grin grin grin
Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by EzePromoe: 8:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
This is the first government that I've seen that care for its people, even the poor.
I used to think that this can only be done by Americans but this government have given us reason why we shouldn't give up on this nation because we are assured of our importance to the government.

39 Likes

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
^^ These are some of the things that make citizens love their country the more. I'm proud of the speed with which the govt moved in and evacuated Nigerians from that war-torn country.

9 Likes

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by ninja4life(m): 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Nice one by the fg.guys and gals its been long since anyone liked my comment can u like dis post of mine for no reason.thanks cheesy

50 Likes

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by donblade85: 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dat naija 4 u
Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by estyvino(m): 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
1,277! And more to be evacuated, hhhhmmmm! Any country you go and cant find Nigerians (esp.Igbo's), it there means, they are not humans..lol
Thumb up the Fed. Govt. It shows this Govt cares for its people.

1 Like

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
TribalEAST: grin grin grin

tongue shame!

1 Like

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Ayomax(m): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
dey no even see better country like seriously dey shld have hustle in a better country n not this shitty one

1 Like

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by donPhill(m): 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
what does one gain from his/her liked post? Na question oo...
@op, FG is gettin wiser for carin for it's citizens
Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Kennyfancy(m): 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
.: yes,,dis our winners 21 days fasting go realy work for me,,AMEN,,finally i made front page,,it nt easy,,dis is a sign of better year,, want to used dis meduim to thank GOD,,, ( pls note it GOD nt allah oh ) for is mercy and grace dat made me front page,,nt to forgt my barbing saloon in warri,,u realy supply dis cash for me,,
WAIT OH ! IS DIS AN ARTICLE ??
Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by yomalex(m): 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
good
Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
OK...
Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by chinex276(m): 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
#TEAM#FRESH#AIR#

1 Like

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by amiskurie(m): 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
scipher: nigerians are in CAR! **dies
amiskurie buries scipher.

I'm sorry,u woke up later. cheesy
Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bros Sincere how far? Abeg where be dis place called Car?

Person fit use car reach car?

I just won know if the place far.

To those brought back, I will play a welcome back tune on my guitar.

To the people at the defense ministry that made this possible, they deserve yet another military star.

11 Likes

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by donPhill(m): 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
Kennyfancy: .: yes,,dis our winners 21 days fasting go realy work for me,,AMEN,,finally i made front page,,it nt easy,,dis is a sign of better year,, want to used dis meduim to thank GOD,,, ( pls note it GOD nt allah oh ) for is mercy and grace dat made me front page,,nt to forgt my barbing saloon in warri,,u realy supply dis cash for me,,
WAIT OH ! IS DIS AN ARTICLE ??
na just make u sit-don 4 FP na im u book that spacce since?
Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by dunmorris(m): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
pls What is FP? is it financial page lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by 500GP: 9:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
IGBO KWENU!!!!

THEY NO DEY CARRY LAST AT ALL..

GOATLUCK SHOULD DO THE NEEDFUL

3 Likes

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by eunisam: 9:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
This is the reason I love GEJ.

He act in time of need

Jona till 2019

if u like click like.

if u no like butt the train grin

14 Likes

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by ginezz: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
Good move.
Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by strangest(m): 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
GEJ is working.. APC is still confused on who will be their flagbearer...

1 Like

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by Clerverly: 9:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
I pity these returnees angry angry angry angry Now Their Suffering Start.

They will now experience irregular power supply
They will now experience bad roads at its worst
They will now experience kidnapping
They will now experience Cholera due to lack of access to good water
They will now experience hunger at its cruelest level
They will now poverty first line
They will now experience unemployment where it touches
They will now experience terrorism at its worst;

My Take: They should have remained there and fight their way through (at least the war there is defined) than coming to end their lives in more violent and corruptly ruled Country like ours! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR by taharqa: 9:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
There was a time in this country when the Govt abandons Nigerians stranded in war-torn countries. Anybody remember how Nigerians suffered in Sierra Leone and Liberia??... Things are changing; it took a little bit of time in this instance probably cos of d fluid Security problems in CAR but d needful was done at d slighest open oportunity..

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shell Relocates Gas Pipeline Across Kolo Creek Underneath River / We Are Ready To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage – PDP Governors / Ugwuanyi Set To Complete First Christian Chapel Of Worship At Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.