Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,464 members, 7,836,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee (18410 Views)

Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps / NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. / Ebola: NYSC Suspends Orientation In Six States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by oladam23(m): 5:27am On Oct 01, 2014
Another surprise package.... What a country!
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:01am On Oct 01, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Nigerians and their penny wise, pounds foolish mentality. I guess it is easier to travel to ones school to collect call up letter than to pay N4,000 online from the comfort of ones home? I thought people should have pushed for reduction in the fee lrather than outright suspension or cancellation.

If you didn't defend this I would have been shocked. So will the students not still go to their school for final clearance?

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Ademat7(m): 6:08am On Oct 01, 2014
Bokoharam:

Post this to Tinubu's website and receive N1,000,000 instantly. Be sure you would be conscripted into BH, for BH currently lacks foot soldiers now due to near-annihilation.

Guy why u dey talk in parable? U b Jesus? Pls always express urself in simple english on a forum like this.
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 01, 2014
All these members of house of reps trying to justify their sitting allowances. ... ! Smh
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Ademat7(m): 6:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Samiceman: am good, u? What can u say abt the topic?
I've modify my comment
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by omenka(m): 6:46am On Oct 01, 2014
suyamasta: haaaaaaaaaa Thank God i didnt pay!
They already collected some people's money?? shockedshocked
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by skymax: 6:47am On Oct 01, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Nigerians and their penny wise, pounds foolish mentality. I guess it is easier to travel to ones school to collect call up letter than to pay N4,000 online from the comfort of ones home? I thought people should have pushed for reduction in the fee rather than outright suspension or cancellation.
That's what you get from educated illiterates....
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by esoboy875(m): 6:50am On Oct 01, 2014
For me I didn't pay oh............. anyway good move.
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Joy83(m): 6:53am On Oct 01, 2014
DamiEsan: source?
It seems you just learnt the word "source"

You were so haste to use it without even reading the op message at all... Even when source is provided already.
Sorry for you LEARNER!!!
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Tej45(m): 7:01am On Oct 01, 2014
After over 80% of its candidates has paid... stupid leaders. Lawless country...
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by zlatan(m): 7:06am On Oct 01, 2014
I hope those that paid will still get their call up letter sent to their email address
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by rezzy: 7:07am On Oct 01, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Nigerians and their penny wise, pounds foolish mentality. I guess it is easier to travel to ones school to collect call up letter than to pay N4,000 online from the comfort of ones home? I thought people should have pushed for reduction in the fee rather than outright suspension or cancellation.

Some schools like Delsu do not give result(statement) until close to the period of NYSC stuff. So in this case, you will still need to ttravel down to the school. People who attend this school will never ask for reduction

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by dan55: 7:11am On Oct 01, 2014
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 01, 2014

Wetin this one dey talk
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by deletrue: 7:36am On Oct 01, 2014
Sunnycliff: What of those Who has paid, will there money be reimbursed?
wetin be this? For only one line na you finish things?

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by tribalism(m): 7:36am On Oct 01, 2014
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]NIGERIA! NIGERIA!! NIGERIA!!!
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 01, 2014
May God have mercy on Nigeria, with all these greedy heads we have in various sections....now it's the turn of NYSC, why on earth should aprospective corp member pay for call up letter to serve his father land? Coming to think of it as they said it will save the students from going to their various schools to collect the call up, is it only call up letter that take prospective corpers to their schools when mobilised? They still have clearance to do, and even to collect their statement of result!! So NYSC, the 4000 naira is a complete extortion and it's contrary to the NYSC act, so Please no body should go ahead to fall victim for them, left for the prospective corpers, they don't know anything and ignorantly will pay the money because of the fear of loosing the. Opportunity to serve their father land, we must not forget that some student only scaled the path of school days by the grace of God, everyone is not rich,is this the way to embrace unity in our country? When the rich will continue to oppress the poor in other to aquire more riches.....May God hve mercy on us, thanks to Our honorable representatives....without you, we have no say oin this country....please continue to represent us well...God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by tchigofigo(m): 7:41am On Oct 01, 2014
rezzy:

Some schools like Delsu do not give result(statement) until close to the period of NYSC stuff. So in this case, you will still need to ttravel down to the school. People who attend this school will never ask for reduction
so hw do they get into camp?.,cos SOR is 1 of d rquirements that must be presented b4 entrance into camp
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by VoteOutPDPJona: 7:44am On Oct 01, 2014
bennieman: So what happens to those who have already paid because some intending corps members for the next batch have paid.
Unfortunately, it won't be reimbursed.
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Silensa(m): 7:46am On Oct 01, 2014
great news for future corp members, hope this is implemented and won't be thrown to the bin when money exchanges hand?

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by princealbashir: 7:46am On Oct 01, 2014
What's the fate of those that have paid?
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by habex050: 7:54am On Oct 01, 2014
The price will only be reduced to let say 2000.
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by dollyptosh(m): 7:58am On Oct 01, 2014
dania30: I dunno if this should be good or bad news grin grin grin
I guess it's bad news for peeps who paid undecided angry
For their mind dem be like 'who send me message'
lmao...I no kuku pay
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by dollyptosh(m): 8:01am On Oct 01, 2014
omenka: They already collected some people's money?? shockedshocked
yes na...no time!
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by DSL: 8:07am On Oct 01, 2014
Sunnycliff: What of those Who has paid, will there money be reimbursed?

Have they reimbursed the #1000 paid by NIS applicants??

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by obailala(m): 8:20am On Oct 01, 2014
Kudos to the reps for living up to their responsibilities in this case....

Although I remember it was hell getting the paper call up letters from lousy school authorities who insist on distributing the letters only 2 days to camp opening. Imagine being posted to sokoto from PH and having less than 2 days to prepare for a 2 days journey.

I dont support outright cancellation of the internet call up letters but the cost should be slashed instead to about N500
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by profeoo(m): 8:22am On Oct 01, 2014
Like seriously I'm yet to pay o,tank God!
But wait o,if we are not expected to pay the #4000,will the call up letter still be printed online?
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Deehvahrzz(f): 8:29am On Oct 01, 2014

That is where you are wrong. Collecting 4000 naira from someone who just graduated is wrong. I just finished and I am going to service by November. I rushed to register and registration alone is 1000 here plus passport 250 and d 4000. Its bad enough dat I ve had to wait for over six months since final exams. Naw I ve to cough up dat money. At d end of d day, we will still ve to GI to school. Internet printing is a beautiful idea but we r serving d country. I wonder why we ve to pay d country to serve her. We all know we can print it for free or at least buy a scratch card to print.Four whole thousand?? O po oooo honest... For a bunch of jobless people. Allowee for house sef don stop since I carry my bag enter
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by bamac(m): 8:29am On Oct 01, 2014
Wait sef, hw much wl it cost dem to send d call up number/letter to us free of charge, atleast we paid 4 registration in d cafe we registered no b dem cos dt 1?
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by ndi4jay: 8:30am On Oct 01, 2014
Thank God i didnt pay mine.
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by fgee10(m): 8:40am On Oct 01, 2014
so yle we were hia calculating strategies on how 2 protest dis ish,some bizy body pre-otondoz were already dashin dem 4k...nawao

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 01, 2014
So what's going to happen now...

Cc: Sodiqyinka

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now / Ekiti B15 Lets Meet / NYSC Presents N26.7m To Families Of Dead Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.