Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,125 members, 7,852,830 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. (18994 Views)

Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. / Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by surrogatesng: 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
very terrible people
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by riskit33: 7:22pm On Dec 06, 2014
This particular superMOD is definitely operating at a hyper-updating-FP mode. Well done MOD
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by femi4: 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
Tyres doesn't expire, they only have production date
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by mummyson26(m): 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
Lol. But Road safety na gentle man na where VIO dey

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Edusouls(m): 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
I meet them, they re drivers night mare on the road, but i tell them that iam a dare devil driver, i sped off they pursued me, but their skills is no match for mine on the steering, and my bmw 5 series machine is a power beast, i evade them easily, i have done this to both road safety and army officials..
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by simplemyk: 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2014
no be small thing. Until then
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Chineduorizu(m): 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2014
the day I had an encounter with those idiots for Onitsha- owerri road.them say make I stop I respected my self and stopped I even cleared the car off the road,the next thing I hear be say......oga can I see ur drivers license...I gave it to him, ur fire extinguisher I showed him , ur triangle I showed him, ur spare tire I showed him...omo the next thing I hear be say" oga"one of ur back tire done expire....omo my mood changed I provoked...I told him dat his very stupid to tell me dat..de fool come tell me say I go reach office for proving stubborn to an officer of the law....I comot my phone call my senior Bros wey be general for army....de road fucking idiot wey dey rise voice mello like ice cream instantly.... omo na so dem cari my license wey dem hold give me back...since then I no dey stop for them again....oga stop I go flash lite give u if u no one comot for road na die u dey dat day...

4 Likes

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
road safety cn delay eh,even pass police

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by maxjax(m): 7:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
i have never stopped for them....i pray make i stop ooo! d dey i drove from b'syde to owerri without papers, na non stop thinz oooo....i flash u lite lace am with horn then u no commot for road, then na 6ft deepin thinz oooo

1 Like

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Absoj(m): 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
Jaideyone:
u are not alone!!!
police men only want to see your vehicle papers and driver's license.

road safety and vio want to see all your papers, driver's license, fire extinguisher.

vio will book u if your lights or indicators are not working.

one vio officer even asked for first aid box. I was like wtf
First aid box ke? shocked them go soon begin ask for toothpaste and brush be dat o

1 Like

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Vince77(m): 7:57pm On Dec 06, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
One asked me for safety knife_____ just when I felt I was law abiding.

I was like wtf shocked

He said, just incase your sit belt hooks,
__ do you intend using your teeth to cut it off??

I knew my own done be immediately. cry
Naso I take buy 'pen-knife' put for car.
Tomorrow police will see it and call me serial-killer...the Lord is my strength o.

Hahahahahhh.... u got me laughing my ass out.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by kurocyte(m): 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
One asked me for safety knife_____ just when I felt I was law abiding.

I was like wtf shocked

He said, just incase your sit belt hooks,
__ do you intend using your teeth to cut it off??

I knew my own done be immediately. cry
Naso I take buy 'pen-knife' put for car.
Tomorrow police will see it and call me serial-killer...the Lord is my strength o.

Lol. Very funny indeed!
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
Na road safety ID card wen i collect for NYSC dey scale me thru... Road say-theives....
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Abyzan(m): 8:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
ma guy, you never travel much......try it....even police ask for more than that..."why is there a scratch on your headlight, it wont shine well"-
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Horllamideh(m): 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2014
Frsc people are nt as wicked as vehicle inspection officers(VIO),a transporter in Ibadan wuz asked to go and pay a fine of #5k to dia office in Maiduguri.....Dey told him to bring d receipt of d payment so dia is no way dey won't knw if he pay elsewhere

1 Like

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Hanasbay(m): 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
Edusouls:
I meet them, they re drivers night mare on the road, but i tell them that iam a dare devil driver, i sped off they pursued me, but their skills is no match for mine on the steering, and my bmw 5 series machine is a power beast, i evade them easily, i have done this to both road safety and army officials..
Ahan na boss I fit hear road safety but army Omo na die you dey sooo ooo
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by adedayourt(m): 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
Until u realize no law really enforces fire extinghusher in vehicle b4 u realize why d f*ck av I been carrying it. . .
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by AXYZ: 8:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
Funniez:
The other idiot stopped me one day while I was returnin from Abuja. Road safety: ur spare tyre? Me: see am.... Road safety: fire extinguisher? Me: see am. R.S: your vehicle particulars & driving license? Me: see am here. After him don ask me for evrytin come see say I dey cleared...... R.S: so anyting 4 d guys?? Me: I no go give u shishi. R.S: ok borrow me #100 make I buy card do call. Me: I say I no give u, na by force?. R.S: Ok lend me ur phone make I do d call. Me: I no get money 4 my phone. R.S: what So if u get accident now how u go take call ur family make them come carry you Ennm? Oya park!

So hilarious. Guy you be comedian?
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by ewizard1: 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
Those people can be ao annoying. ..

First Aid Box in Car?

Na Ambulance?
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by miqos02(m): 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
they are doing their job
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
lonelydora:
Road Safety officers have no right whatsoever to check particulars. They can check your tyres expiry date which is part of their work.

pls not dat its is part of their work o. So dat u will not take law into ur hand. If u want to knw all deir work jx get some one dey charge or booked and make photocopy. Of the back page of d white booklet dey take to bank to make payment.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by joeyekembele: 9:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
This guy's are always good in their job. Haven't heard that they ask about basket also. This seems a fabricated tale. They are not like the police. They may be bad ones though. But on the average, they good.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by joeyekembele: 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
Those guys are always good in their job. Haven't heard that they ask of waste basket also. This seems a fabricated tale. They are not like the police. They may be bad ones though. But on the average, they good.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by UnimkeAk(m): 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
When I'm in Calabar.
Road safety are my guys, u don't really gt to do army check points except you're traveling.(Dem sef are my guys)

Police na to look 'em with bad eye them go run

But

VIO (Vehicle Inspection Officers) when they just started operating, dunno if there are that effective nau.
They don't accept bribe, (no need for much talk, just get ur bill go 2 d bank and pay) there is always one bada*ss heaven bound, rapture ready supervisor with the squad
If these guys stop u, 99% chance u'll b guilty the first tym, b4 u become wise and fix and kit up ur ride.
They'll check ur lights, full lights, trafficators lights if there are working, man err tin, dem go even chk y ur tank is indicating "E" empty, driving with reserve na crime.grin

1 Like

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by PAPIJAID(m): 9:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
Hmmmnnn Nairalanders, let's for once appreciate what we have as Nigerians. Tell me any other government agency that is better than the Federal Road Safety Corps:
1. It is the only paramilitary agency that is ISO certified in the whole of Africa (Not only in Nigeria)
2. It is one of the best agencies in Nigeria when it comes to service delivery - If u've ever seen this guys when they are clearing debris from crash scenes u'll appreciate what I'm saying.
Let me back this up with what happened last week in Saki Oyo state, On wed, 19th of Nov, this year 2014 at the front of First Bank Plc very close to the Nig Police Saki Division, a motorcyclist riding without safety helmet was knocked down by a runnaway driver and as the man was struggling he fell into a dry drainage at the front of First Bank and people were afraid of assisting him, the man was there for over 30 minutes everyone thought he was dead but someone in the midst of the crowd just called a staff of FRSC and they arrived at the scene within 6 minutes, they rushed the man to the hospital, it was at the hospital that the man was confirmed to be alive, he was treated and he was discharged after some days. Tell me what would have happened without the timely response of these patriotic Nigerians.
FRSC IS SIMPLY THE BEST IN NIGERIA
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

That was my first time of hearing it.
He said probably i just started driving.
I didn't wanna argue or get him worked up, so that my offence won't increase.

I agreed, that I'm just a pre-degree driver...lol.

He gave me this long tutorial of accident scenes where they couldn't rescue the occupants fast bc their seat belts were stuck.
___ and they didn't have safety knife

Guy, naso I take buy the knife o.

#GetWellSoon @Tosyne2much kiss
5 Reasons you should get well soon
__ I love you
__I love you
__I love you
__I love you
__God loves you most... grin

I really pray he gets better soon too
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
lanxlot:
No joke, I would choose to come across several police Or army checking-point rather than have an encounter with a stationed group of Federal road safety commission. popularly called ROAD-SAFETY (FRSC). Those people are terrible.

oga paaarkk.....no, no....away from the road.
step On your break.
put On your head-light.
Where is your triangle?
k.
what about your fire extinguisher?
Eheh! oya On your wiper.
hope you have basket in your car to dispose off refuse after eating?
they will even go as far as checking your particulars.

Their enquiry or problem have no limit, all in an attempt to find fault with your car in other to extort money from you....motor wen dem no knw hw u take buy am.

Heheh, they caught my neighbour. what Was the problem?? they said one of his tyre has expired. worse, the amount of money they demand if you are found guilty is so exorbitant. the guy bailed his car with 6,000 naira. see me o, person when no get tyre they tell another person say him tyre dun expire. This is the special time they ply their trade. december na, amassing wealth from motorist..... But, what are they even safe guarded
After they caught me once and told me to travel 100km to go and pay a fine of 5000. I never stop for them again.
I dey always do James Bond for them. They can never catch me. But you must be a good driver to try that stunt sha else you would be in deep soup.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:07pm On Dec 06, 2014
SaiBuharii:
Wait till VIO arrest you...that will definitely be your worst nightmare. You go beg make dem Collect settlement like pikin.

Walahi if VIO stops u & u don't ave a valid drivers licence,road worthiness,vehicle licence,and original insurance not the 1'5 own oh boss u best stay in ur car and not answer them.as they are not armed and cannot forcefully gain entrance if all glass re up & doors locked,but if you venture let dem stop u,for every papaer u don't ave its 20k so if u don't have either its 80k and ur car willbe impounded on the spot.hmmm dats just no 1,you will be asked to get all the documents in place,meanwhile drivers licence processings takes a minimum of 3days,now dormorage has set in,3dly u must provide ur tax clearance of 3yrs & if u don't ave u pay 3yrs arrears.
I bet you will always be better if FRSC stops u rather than VIO,they even impounds custom officers,or police officers private cars.No mercy.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by NJPot(m): 10:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
One road safety guy in portharcourt just duped me of 35 thousand naira. I am still thinking of how to deal with him. I need advice pls.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by 9icetoo(m): 10:22pm On Dec 06, 2014
PAPIJAID:
Hmmmnnn Nairalanders, let's for once appreciate what we have as Nigerians. Tell me any other government agency that is better than the Federal Road Safety Corps:
1. It is the only paramilitary agency that is ISO certified in the whole of Africa (Not only in Nigeria)
2. It is one of the best agencies in Nigeria when it comes to service delivery - If u've ever seen this guys when they are clearing debris from crash scenes u'll appreciate what I'm saying.
Let me back this up with what happened last week in Saki Oyo state, On wed, 19th of Nov, this year 2014 at the front of First Bank Plc very close to the Nig Police Saki Division, a motorcyclist riding without safety helmet was knocked down by a runnaway driver and as the man was struggling he fell into a dry drainage at the front of First Bank and people were afraid of assisting him, the man was there for over 30 minutes everyone thought he was dead but someone in the midst of the crowd just called a staff of FRSC and they arrived at the scene within 6 minutes, they rushed the man to the hospital, it was at the hospital that the man was confirmed to be alive, he was treated and he was discharged after some days. Tell me what would have happened without the timely response of these patriotic Nigerians.
FRSC IS SIMPLY THE BEST IN NIGERIA
FRSC in Nigeria is reactive and not proactive. They wait until an accident happens before they do something. There are absolutely no road signs on our highways to guide motorists (FRSC should either put them or compel those who should put them to do so and if those responsible fail to do so; sue them). FRSC does not put caution signs on dilapidated roads with deep potholes and at failed bridges or roads which erosion has washed off (Imagine driving for the first time in Nigeria if you are a foreigner, you would think you are driving after the apocalypse. Gulleys and ditches just jump out of nowhere without warning). FRSC should start towing broken down trucks and vehicles out of the road. They can tow them to the hard shoulders or to workshops chosen by the owner of the vehicle while the owner pays a minimal sum for the service ( I have seen broken down trucks and cars parked on roads for months sometimes at blind spots and unsuspecting motorists run into them).
The actions listed above will go a long way in making our roads safer and not asking for fire extinguishers or waste baskets and first aid boxes and forcing everyone to install speed limiting devices.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by emestephen595(m): 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2014
Bros, na only army I fear o! With all my vehicle okay, why should I fear Road Safety?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Golf3 Differences / Latest Car Technology Of 2019 - The 10 Best Are Here! / Inscriptions Found On Nigerian Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.