Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,195 members, 7,853,067 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:47 AM

I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. (18996 Views)

Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. / Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by aspirebig: 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2014
Lastma is the worst uniform people in the Nigeria. Take it or leave it,just that they operate only in Lagos.

If lastma catch you,you go know say truly police,army,road safety,vio na your friend.
So many frustrated,aggressive and unfriendly fellows in our forces. They see their jobs as an avenue to oppress others. Too bad.
Those guys are not well trained, they are like gods in Lagos and some touts that operate around Cele area inward Surulere,those guys are local government boys..

They will hide around a hidden one way road and wait for the person they will arrest and if you are driving a fine car, wahala don come oo. They can even charge you like 30 to 50k and threaten to take you to their office in Mile 2...

Just the same criminals that rob people in the night around Cele down to Mile 2,oto wharf.Berger,festac,liverpool, etc. During the day,they put on Lastma uniform. BRF should do something about Lastma oooo
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by emestephen595(m): 10:41pm On Dec 06, 2014
emestephen595:
Bros, na only army I fear o! With all my vehicle okay, why should I fear Road Safety?

With my vehicle ok. That's what I meant.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by chiboy429(m): 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
Those men get bad belle pass boko haram oo, devil go look them say chai this people wicked . No amount of beg them go hear ,

if you jam road safety your own don finish na that time you go know say policw is your friend
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by leshluap(m): 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
If VIO catch u, den u go knw say road safety na ur frnd. Road safety b like,, oga where ar u frm? Driver: lagos state. RS: why den ar u using Cross river's plate number. Oya park.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by DECOtech(m): 11:50pm On Dec 06, 2014
lanxlot:
But, what are they even safe guarded
Even the roads are worse than most of the cars they find faults with.
_
Bros, me sef de enter bush if I see them oh! Or I just drop the whole weight of my foot on the throttle in absence of an alternative route. If them like, make dem no comot for road.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by lanxlot(m): 11:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
DECOtech:

Even the roads are worse than most of the cars they find faults with.
_
Bros, me sef de enter bush if I see them oh! Or I just drop the whole weight of my foot on the throttle in absence of an alternative route. If them like, make dem no comot for road.
lol.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by buchi4action(m): 12:49am On Dec 07, 2014
lonelydora:

Because nobody challenged that. Its only drivers licence they are suppose to check. I have been encountering them on the road and have been telling them that. I know their limits. And once you tell then that; they won't argue.
Road safety offence list

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by 100Cents: 2:12am On Dec 07, 2014
We dey avoid them like Ebola..
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Nobody: 5:05am On Dec 07, 2014
9icetoo:
I don't know if they have any right to check for a tires expiry date. However there is a flaw with checking a tires expiry date. What a manufacturer stamps on a tire is date or week and year of production and never the expiry date. there is no definite time frame established anywhere to use as a yard stick to say a tire has expired though there are recommendations that it should be changed after certain number of years. Some say 7 years, some say 8 while others quote as low as 6 years. On that premise, their evaluation of your tires expiry is flawed. Different grades of tires and makes use different compound in different quantities which either extend their useful lives or reduces them. Storage is also a factor. If ever a road safety officer opens his mouth to tell me that my tires have expired, he had better hope he has enough brains to match my next action. Some of them even drive with bald tires. mtchew. angry

And to add to that.

Which is more dangerous, both have the same manufacturer day (no tire has an expiration date as you correctly stated:

a) Tire kept in direct sunlight for display for months before purchased and installed on vehicle.

b) Tire kept in protected storage away from sunlight before purchased and installed on vehicle.

Tire b is safer (sunlight degrades tires), those dunce road safety can't just look at a date and then make a determination.

1 Like

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by agohavivi(f): 5:22am On Dec 07, 2014
Do the needful. Ensure you meet up with all their requirements and you'll have nothing to fear. i'm everly ready for them. My drivers lincense, c-caution, extinguisher, seat belt, break lights are always in place. Putting all this in place and keeping to driving rules is not difficult so why is it a big deal for you. This should only be a problem for commercial bus drivers who always want to cut corners.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by DaBullIT(m): 6:16am On Dec 07, 2014
When you see Road Safety and they wave you down

Slow down , trafficate towards a clear end of the road ,

Wind down your power window , say eku ise o to them while your engine is running

Zoom of when they advance towards you but don't hit anyone ooo

How many Nigerians can afford brand new tyre for this present now now ? I use 205 65 16. Brand new is 18+ x 2 =36. 4tyres =72 k ?

Even their own hilux has expired tyres , they don't have c caution , their headlamps is almost always busted
Oh , And if you have ogogoro or cigarette in your car ? Don't even try to wait Drunk driving is like 39k and brain test for you he he he

lanxlot:
No joke, I would choose to come across several police Or army checking-point rather than have an encounter with a stationed group of Federal road safety commission. popularly called ROAD-SAFETY (FRSC). Those people are terrible.

oga paaarkk.....no, no....away from the road.
step On your break.
put On your head-light.
Where is your triangle?
k.
what about your fire extinguisher?
Eheh! oya On your wiper.
hope you have basket in your car to dispose off refuse after eating?
they will even go as far as checking your particulars.

Their enquiry or problem have no limit, all in an attempt to find fault with your car in other to extort money from you....motor wen dem no knw hw u take buy am.

Heheh, they caught my neighbour. what Was the problem?? they said one of his tyre has expired. worse, the amount of money they demand if you are found guilty is so exorbitant. the guy bailed his car with 6,000 naira. see me o, person when no get tyre they tell another person say him tyre dun expire. This is the special time they ply their trade. december na, amassing wealth from motorist..... But, what are they even safe guarded

1 Like

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by chidimmaaa(f): 6:50am On Dec 07, 2014
Dem dey check tire number to know weda e dn expire. I was 'God wetin be dis 1 na'
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by lonelydora: 9:04am On Dec 07, 2014
buchi4action:

Road safety offence list
What I mean is in terms of particulars; it is on ly drivers licence they r to check.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by chiboy429(m): 9:41am On Dec 07, 2014
agohavivi:
Do the needful. Ensure you meet up with all their requirements and you'll have nothing to fear. i'm everly ready for them. My drivers lincense, c-caution, extinguisher, seat belt, break lights are always in place. Putting all this in place and keeping to driving rules is not difficult so why is it a big deal for you. This should only be a problem for commercial bus drivers who always want to cut corners.

You wont understand ,it goes beyond that!

1 Like

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Funniez: 10:26am On Dec 07, 2014
AXYZ:

So hilarious. Guy you be comedian?
hahaha, still working on it.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by AXYZ: 11:46am On Dec 07, 2014
Funniez:
hahaha, still working on it.
Lol
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by adamushaibu(m): 1:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
I had a very terrible experience with VIO @ mile 2

I was stop & ask for my particulars which I gave to d officer, who took it to show his colleagues & later came to me to say my particulars is not complete which I argue with him, on checking I noticed they've removed a copy of d particular, I told them I have d original copy, I had to take bike to volks to bring d original, only for them to force me to pay N5,000 after begging them for about an hour, even after seeing d original copy

Most of this people are unGodly & wicked, money is what they are after. I feel sorry for their future.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by madgoat(m): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2014
changes1:
oga no vex... They are vexed that NSCDC started to use gun before them. finish.!!!!

The day FRSC peeps start to use gun is d day i relocate to Togo undecided
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by madgoat(m): 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2014
Edusouls:
I meet them, they re drivers night mare on the road, but i tell them that iam a dare devil driver, i sped off they pursued me, but their skills is no match for mine on the steering, and my bmw 5 series machine is a power beast, i evade them easily, i have done this to both road safety and army officials..

May God continue to protect u.... But remember one day one day..... U go hear am grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest Car Technology Of 2019 - The 10 Best Are Here! / Inscriptions Found On Nigerian Vehicles / Code P1166/p1167 :Is Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Same As Oxygen Sensors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.