Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,859 members, 7,848,489 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:29 AM

After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st (41156 Views)

Dino Melaye’s NYSC Certificate Dates 9 July 2000 To July 8, 2001 - Senate / Forgery Trial: Saraki Adjourns Senate Plenary To Thursday / Adewale Oluwatayo's Death: NASS Adjourns Sitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by descoay(m): 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
Saraki should continue to eat his cake while it lasts. He cannot go against his party's directive and survive. The party's directive is supreme. Even it never happened in PDP when in power. He stabbed his party in the back by allowing a PDP senator Ike Ekweremadu to be deputy senate President. PDP will never allow that to happen. He is treacherous, perfidious and his overambitiousness will soon finish him. Let wait and see.

1 Like

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by kernel504(m): 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Bukola saraki is the one acting like President and CinC of Nigeria.
What is the President doing about this? uhn.
He has our backing, the North, SouthSouth and SouthEast.
Who is backing you?
Reply : Spiritual APC

6 Likes

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by HzRF(m): 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
donphilopus:

What's this one Saying? The Presidency would 'back' him to adjourn sitting till next month? Maybe you're thinking Jonathan is still the President. With Buhari, the era of impunity is over!
Ur brain is impaired Era of impunity is over yet ur opposition ruling party is going against the law that says candidates are nomited FROM the party not BY the party
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by drss(m): 1:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Read my signature for more understanding. grin
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by hansad: 1:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
InMyOpinion:
[size=14pt]Saraki is pushing his luck too far. I think he should be content with the Senate Presidency that he got against the party's wish. Indiscipline by party member does not augur well for the nation irrespective of which angle you look at it from[/size]

It is the duty of the senators to choose their principal officers - not Tinubu's or Buhari's or Oyegun's or any other person outside the Senate Chambers.

1 Like

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Rotimi47: 1:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Is anybody still in doubt, of Saraki's Motive??

#UnseatSarakiNow
saraki is cutting the south east and south south out; I said it that he and His fellow northerners are planning to make sure that most positions in both houses do not get to the east and the south south as Tinubu and other APC leaders wanted but due to ethnic sentiments many people were hailing him even PDP helped him to cut off the east and south thinking they are getting at Tinubu. Let see how they are enjoying things the way they are unfolding. grin
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by seedorfabbey: 1:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Saraki is too smal to be doing dis,that's wat ppl knows his dad wt so is not strange to us he's dying politically. Am jst trying to rejoice wt kwarans they will soon be free from the hand of thr capitalist
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by homesteady(m): 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
Saraki le le ye gringringrin
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by osazeeblue01: 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
SeverusSnape:

DonFOOLopus, Don't you know Saraki is a progressive?.... And a Democrat, You should be happy we have someone like him as the president of the Senate.
I believe Sen. Saraki is doing the right thing. This is the change we voted for. Must our so called leaders manipulate?

1 Like

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by oluwatoosin(m): 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
It's high time the Leadership of APC and President Muhammadu sweep into action and curtail this madness caused by Saraki.Honestly this is breaking my heart.Just thinking what one bad Egg can do to the whole crate.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Rotimi47: 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
kernel504:

He has our backing, the North, SouthSouth and SouthEast.
Who is backing you?
I can see that your region is being left out so I am enjoying it with you.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by hansad: 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Buhari is the CinC but does not command the Senate President or House Speaker. Else, why couldn't Jonathan as CinC sack Speaker Tambuwal?
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by gratiaeo(m): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
With this move Buhari is in trouble. Saraki, PDP and few APC members can remove Buhari any day they want
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Caseless: 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
Pangea:
shocked
Chai we don enter am!
A whole month away?
This is how they will waste the 4 years o!

Buhari needs to go to OBJ for lessons on how to control the national assembly or else he is finished!
I love buhari, but I cant take the blame of this fracas off him. He needs to listen to Tinubu and Obj. He must always be seen as a party man.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Is anybody still in doubt, of Saraki's Motive??

#UnseatSarakiNow
Udene how market.... You think politics is all about media propaganda and local championship .... welcome to the National politics, tell Tinubu he is a learner. tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by homesteady(m): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
Rotimi47:
saraki is cutting the south east and south south out; I said it that he and Hus fellow northerners are planning to make sure that most positions in both houses do not get to the east and the south south as Tinubu and other APC leaders wanted but due to ethnic sentiments many people were hailing him even PDP helped him to cut off the east and south thinking they are getting at Tinubu. Let see how they are enjoying things the way they are unfolding. grin

Is Ekweremadu a hausa man?

2 Likes

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by ifyalways(f): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
Cry me a river. Wailers unlimited

Gej my honey
fayose my milk
Sariki my tea

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by kernel504(m): 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
Meiji:

Why would he be doing this with the backing of the presidency? You do realize that the Senate needs to be in session in order to confirm the ministerial list? How will Buhari be expected to keep running his government without ministers? You do realize that he promised to hit the ground running?

So what happens to governance now that the Senate is going on recess? Are they also going to collect full-month salary this month and next?
All these while, was it the Senate that stopped Buhari from nominating ministers?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Rotimi47: 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
osazeeblue01:
I believe Sen. Saraki is doing the right thing. This is the change we voted for. Must our so called leaders manipulate?
let wait and see if he saraki is doing the right thing or doing the beading of the north.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by comeandsee: 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
Meiji:

The only thing that united APC was the common desire to remove Jonathan. Nothing else.
WAS GEJ NOT QUALIFIED TO BE REMOVED ? . FOR 6 YEARS HE DID NOTHING POSITIVE BUT ONLY TO DRAIN THE TREASURE OF THE NATION . HE CANNOT GO FREE FOR I HAVE A FATHER ( ALMIGHTY GOD) WHO DEALS WITH EVERY INDIVIDUAL ACCORDINGLY . CAN YOU SEE THE FINANCIAL MESS THE NATION IS FINDING HERSELF TODAY
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by 989900: 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Regardless . . . they get paid.

The common man suffers.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by kernel504(m): 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Rotimi47:
I can see that your region is being left out so I am enjoying it with you.
We are Saraking the West.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Rotimi47: 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
homesteady:

How is he ranked as per hierarchy?
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Bants(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
Why shld they unseat saraki if the old men dont behave themselves why shouldnt he adjourn the senate...moreover if the list GMB provides does not suit the senate they will continue confusion
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by UncleJudax(m): 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

There is a limit to his performance, remember? He could really use Saraki's assistance in running the affairs of the 'Country'.

Singing#Enya#long long journey through the next 4years...
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by mployer(m): 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

There is nothing the president can do about it. I expect you know that.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Rotimi47: 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
homesteady:

tell me how is he ranked as per hierarchy? What major say does Ekweremadu have as per real power? He is just going to be a figure head which I believe you will appreciate.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by kernel504(m): 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
seedorfabbey:
Saraki is too smal to be doing dis,that's wat ppl knows his dad wt so is not strange to us he's dying politically. Am jst trying to rejoice wt kwarans they will soon be free from the hand of thr capitalist
Even after losing, you are still lamenting, l like the fact that you are hopeful, hopeful for nothing.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by henrysam(m): 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
MalcoImX:
But somebody told me they have to clear the ministers or they'd be no ministers.
Where are the names of the ministers to be cleared. If Buhari is not ready, senate too is not ready. Meanwhile members of House of. Representative are beaten themselves now. For senate not to degenerate into this
Saraki played the fast one.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Defcon1(m): 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Ishilove,lalasticlala, Seun! Come and ban him now!

You too.
Both of you are guilty of the offence you just quoted.
Don't be a hypocrite.
Both of you should be banned!

1 Like

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by mployer(m): 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
The Good Thing is that We disgraced and retired PDP! And We will definitely retire this small fry Called Saraki!

The PDP never had to fight over National Assembly positions because they abided by party directives, Bukola Saraki's ambition has birthed this one.

Who is the 'we' ?

APC is just a name, PDP is the party.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Edo Modular Refinery In Pictures: A Product Of MOU / Before And After: See Facebook User's Thoughts On Peter Obi In 2011 And Now / Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.