Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,170 members, 7,842,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? (39803 Views)

Who Should Earn More Between An HR Personnel And An HSE Personnel? / 7 Industries And Career Fields For Comfortable Living In Nigeria / 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Sagamite(m): 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
44chux:
Lagos seems attractive to job seekers cause all the industries are well represented there en-masse. But so too are job seekers. Nigerians should rather ask about which cities would favour their intending profession better. The odds of landing a civil service job is greater in Owerri/Umuahia, an oil industry job in Uyo/Calabar/Warri/PHC, a reporter/prostitute in LOS/ABJ/PHC, being a successful merchant in Onitsha/Aba, a militant in Ijaw land/Ovwie, a terrorist in Sambisa...

I crave ur indulgence, I 4got my pills this morning...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by topsamjo(m): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
It depends on how you are able to manage what you earn. The rule is be focus and make discipline ur watch word. Cut ur coat according to ur size. Life is in phases and men r in sizes... above all u dont grow big to manage well... u manage well to grow big.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Tbest20(m): 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
Your eye will soon open very soon.
Yomieluv:
Nothing to say..

Today is my fiance's birthday,my one and only sweetheart,my hearth-rob,eleyinjuege mi..the only sugar in my tea,the only cockroach in my cupboard,the wire that holds my life..my oxygen,my inamorata,my ......

I need at least 5000 likes for her sake to make my day..
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Sagamite(m): 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dereformer:
It is simple to determine.

To live a decent life in any location in the world, ensure that:

(1) your one month net pay should be able to pay your one year rent or

(2) your one month rent is not more than 10% of your net pay/month.

Nonsense!

Hardly anywhere in the world would you ever get that as the norm.

You will only get that if na ya fada own the house.

For a single person, more like 30% of net pay outside the commercial city. Up to 50% in commercial city.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by markpenk: 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
Your father is a wise man
MKO4ever:

And out of the N5m you will now use N2m for rent?
My father told me never to spend more than 10% of my income on rent
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Emeka71(m): 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
About N30,000.00
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by SaviorJenvini(m): 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
THIS IS MOSTLY FOR YOUNG SINGLE HUSTLING BOYS/GIRLS:

10k above with some daily work Tips, esp. Waiters

13K above if you are feed 3times/day @work esp. Hotels/restaurants/bars

18k above with som tips if ur doing Security

25k and above if you are working in a paper work environment

BUT EVERYTHING HERE DRIVES DOWN TO DISCIPLINE ON: savings-no matter how small(rents), TP, LEISURE OUTINGS- once in 2weeks, CHURCH/MOSQUE, and CHARITY

That's my 2kobo, let's be Real, all those 100K people, we don hear!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by MrScript(m): 6:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

I bet you are already a permanent resident there, that is why you pray so much. Too much problems in life, you are waiting for a miracle.
I dnt have ur time
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by favourlove1: 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
Eneze1:

You don't have to know
I admire you. Ur case is different
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Kashif(m): 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
Sagamite:

That will be very tough in Lagos.

10%?

Unless you want to be working with a blue chip and be living in Ajegunle.

It is very possible without living in Ajegunle. I can tell for sure.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Kashif(m): 7:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
kbright911:

150k? That's bullshit.. What's gonna be left of 150k when you've gone for some shopping, changed ur wardrobe and paying your bills, not to talk of transportation.. Mehn 150k is jst too little to live decently in lagos. 300k plus add ons is okay by me. That's my take

You change your wardrobe monthly?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by MissIndependent(f): 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
Here to read comments wink
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by mywells: 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
just observing
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by nosike3(m): 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
Yomieluv:
Nothing to say..

Today is my fiance's birthday,my one and only sweetheart,my hearth-rob,eleyinjuege mi..the only sugar in my tea,the only cockroach in my cupboard,the wire that holds my life..my oxygen,my inamorata,my ......

I need at least 5000 likes for her sake to make my day..
God punish you! Ojukokoro! 5000 likes!! How many people dey nairaland??

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by kbright911(m): 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
Kashif:

You change your wardrobe monthly?
As a working class dude u need to change ur wardrobe monthly, you can't keep repeating cloths to work. You need to represent.
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by 44chux(m): 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
MrScript:
If u know God, u'll need less to live in Lagos
I concur.
For starters if ur the serious deeper-life-type, worldly girls go avoid u, relatives with imperfect-lifes go bypass u, flashy thing go become sin to u, even ur randy colleages go hide their exploits from you. So u end up with a simple content lifestyle = more residual income except you be the Christ something type way go give their life away in the name of tithing!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by MrEverest(m): 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
Sagamite:

That will be very tough in Lagos.

10%?

Unless you want to be working with a blue chip and be living in Ajegunle.
This is one of the reasons why I'm grateful for leaving Lagos, I once resided at Palmgroove along Ikorodu road in self contained apartment, then life was a struggle but today I'm in the East, what I pay for both my office and residential abode is below 15% of my gross earnings.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by IkennaN1(m): 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
to me i think 150k isnt bad atleast for a start.......
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by crowntoro(f): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
Yomieluv:
lol.

When she comes back,she's having her I.T ,therefore staying at her mum's place..
OK o smiley
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Sagamite(m): 9:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
Kashif:

It is very possible without living in Ajegunle. I can tell for sure.

Abeg gif me esample!

Tell me which area you will be living and you will be paying only 10% of your take home income on rent.

While you are at it, don't forget to tell me how much you will be making a year.
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Xmen149(m): 9:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
gokay11:
Anything above 50k
Na u get am joor,evryone hr z jst being over sharp..op said to live decently..if am nt mistaking 120k-150k cn get u comfortable miniflat in sm good location in lag..so if ua geting 70-80k with adequate planing u cn save d@ money in 3months and do other things bobo s do comfortably,on code o....gets much better when u squart wt sm1 for sm months before getting ur own on..

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Xmen149(m): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
D bigest problem in lagos is that everybody wana live big(and work small too)..but the funniest part is,lol,people dnt notice each other...wer people wt expensive camry use it as taxi when going or coming back to work..if u spend all ur earning trying to look big or match up..when evrybody go home by 10pm na u go suffer the hunger..btw 50-80 z the answer

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by FRANKOXY(m): 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
WHERE YOU WANT TO LIVE MATTERS AND IF YOU ASK ME FROM 80K UP.
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by dandollar1: 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
hollowpot15684:
Initially I was earning 15k, I had free accommodation and free dinner(breakfast and lunch excluded) but I do skip lunch cos I take. breakfast around 12-12:30pm, I go from island to mainland everyday my salary cover the transportation, I play bet of very sure games to earn cash for food and clothing (sometyms I loose but I pay wit my stomach).
I have a girlfriend, I subscribe to my blackberry. and I buy airtime.
You can see I'm not suffering, so once you are not a bench warmer and not lazy, u will live. Moderate life in lagos.

I earn 75k now. An AC technician.

Call me on (081-00-36-34-24). both mainland and island I will come fix your Ac.
can you recommend a very good car ac technician?
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by hollowpot15684(m): 9:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
dandollar1:
can you recommend a very good car ac technician?

Yes I can... Pls chat me up on whatsapp wit dis number 081 00363424 or call me.
Thanks
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by otosa(m): 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
Empredboy:
Those who are writing 100-150k are either they are Still in school or low salary earners. One thing I will say is that no matter the amount you earn can't be OK except if u can manage your self. I mean if u are saying 150k will be OK. Do u want to tell me that you will buy the same kind of clothes u were buying when you were managing in school or earner less than that, in summary, taste will change when u start earning that amount then you will realize that the money is not enough.
Seconded in fact am still Thirded in case another person...
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
bigass:
single 400K
married with no children 650K(combined)
Married with 2 children 800K(combined)

An act of thievery would amass to such income.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
Eneze1:
The lowest income I can collect as salary in Lagos is 1m per month

Go & rent a gun from sambisa forest,then come rob an oil firm of job angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Kashif(m): 6:18am On Sep 10, 2015
Sagamite:

Abeg gif me esample!

Tell me which area you will be living and you will be paying only 10% of your take home income on rent.

While you are at it, don't forget to tell me how much you will be making a year.

Living in 400k apartment in Surulere and earning 4.7m net per year. What sayest thou?
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by hakinze00(m): 9:04am On Sep 10, 2015
minimum of a million if u dont wana go into robbery wen u start seeing some rich people assets
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Gynacologist(m): 10:53am On Sep 10, 2015
micronut:
One of the reasons i have my reservations about work life in Lagos. But it always seems all the works in this country are amassed in Lagos. 80% of the jobs on Nairaland and jobsites are in Lagos. Must we all move to Lagos??

Funny enough, when i look at the life uncles and cousins are living in Lagos, i feel somehow....... Some have been working for close to 10yrs with no house and meaningful investment. Rather they tell me how difficult and expensive things are, a 2bedroom flat could be like 700k for a year + agent.. Now how do one cope when the children started going to school and bills grows while salary may be crawling...

Yes one would be working in lagos but ur mates in town like ibadan, akure, osogbo, owerri, minna would have built their house, own some other investments that they could run to even when the hard times knocks... This is why many lagosian don't want to come home when they are called upon, except if u are lucky to get a huge salary job..

Lagos! stop tempting me, am scared of you. lolz

bros I hate DAT lasgidi of a place...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Gynacologist(m): 10:54am On Sep 10, 2015
4stylz:
200k is ok; Lagos stress too much, rent will eat half of your money, and before you shayo and take care of baby (girlfriend ) it will finish
bros u just finish tlk....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer / How To Pass ICAN Exams With Flying Colours / How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.