Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (388321 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 09, 2017
odicity:

thanks, I appreciate. what advantage will it offer me on up work programming job market above others.

Redirect to Google.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 10, 2017
chrome001:
Hi guys. Thank you all for your inputs. Victor101, thank you for creating this thread, it has impacted a lot of lives. I have 3 questions for the gurus and 4 tips for the newbies.

DISCLAIMER: This is my experience from working on Upwork, others might have a contrary opinion to this. I am also a newbie like you, so you might learn a thing or two.

Newbies.
- If you know your writing is just about average, stop bidding and try to hone your writing skills. Work for top writers like topsquino, he might criticize your writing, but once you can deliver articles requiring little to no corrections to him, your clients on Upwork will be quite easy to please.
- Keep bidding, but only for relevant job posts. You all know the drama of 'too many proposals without securing a job'. Avoid falling into that by bidding on only jobs whose eligibility you meet and you can deliver top quality for. (If possible, specialize in a niche till you get a JSS).
-Treat your freelance life as a career, try to invest in it. Your investment can pay strong dividends in future. By investment I mean get those things that would make your writing better.i.e a Grammarly premium and a Copyscape account.( I got the two for less than #10k and I must say it has been instrumental in making my proposal stand out.
- Finally, when you secure a job, OVER DELIVER. No grammatical blunders, well edited, incorporate stories, fun quotes, go to authority sites for your research, hyperlink etc.

Gurus
- I am about to make my first withdrawal, which would you consider to be the best withdrawal method considering the exchange rate?
- I am having issues with my eyesight due to the glare of the computer screen, I can almost swear my vision is getting blurry. Do you know a reputable place I can get a computer anti-glare glasses? Or do I have to go to an eye clinic?
- Lastly, what is the best data plan to subscribe to? I don't understand why Glo is saying I am using 4gb in 4 days.

Thank you!

Nice.

If you are into writing and your proposals are not error free, you are very correct. So many Nigerians are into writing. I don't like writing, so I usr my work experience and it's being paying off. If anyone is not really good in writing, choose other skill or skills in which you know you can deliver well.

On your questions, I normally use direct transfer to my Nigeria account @ 332/$. I get alert within 15 mins of ordering for payment. Fast and easy.

2: go to the eye clinic, see an optician. Get the recommended glasses.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by teamf: 10:01pm On Dec 10, 2017
160$ fiverr fund available any exchange should pm

check my sign for my num
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Zdoh(m): 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
teamf:
160$ fiverr fund available any exchange should pm

check my sign for my num
Bring it to me on....Check signature for WhatsApp
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Zdoh(m): 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2017
ZIDOHEXCHANGE®

>>Bitcoin

>>Payoneer

>>Paypal

>>Skrill

>>Neteller

Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer and iwriter withdrawal services available @attractive rate

Instant payment guarantee.

Whatsapp ☎️__ +2348088759163
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by chineduho: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2017
Have you checked my signature today
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
Good writers, email me at damilaremafolasere(at)gmail(dot)com ASAP. Need one or two urgently.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by JoshMedia: 11:37pm On Dec 12, 2017
[code][/code]
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by chrome001: 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2017
olubankemi:

Nice.

If you are into writing and your proposals are not error free, you are very correct. So many Nigerians are into writing. I don't like writing, so I usr my work experience and it's being paying off. If anyone is not really good in writing, choose other skill or skills in which you know you can deliver well.

On your questions, I normally use direct transfer to my Nigeria account @ 332/$. I get alert within 15 mins of ordering for payment. Fast and easy.

2: go to the eye clinic, see an optician. Get the recommended glasses.

Thank you!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by maviarcad1: 7:53pm On Dec 15, 2017
Hi everyone, is there anyone with explandio or camtesia whiteboard video tutorial? Please I need it and I'm willing to share my setup (explandio) file with you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by maviarcad1: 7:58pm On Dec 15, 2017
Quick one to the gurus, my Upwork client has been trying to hire me but, the hire button's saying he's disallowed from hiring me, why? I made complaints to the Upwork community with no concrete solution to date, my account is 100% legit with no issue(s) whatsoever, has anyone encounter this before?

Thank you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stagger: 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2017
maviarcad1:
Quick one to the gurus, my Upwork client has been trying to hire me but, the hire button's saying he's disallowed from hiring me, why? I made complaints to the Upwork community with no concrete solution to date, my account is 100% legit with no issue(s) whatsoever, has anyone encounter this before?

Thank you.

If his payment methodis unverified, it can happen. If his payment method has suspicion of fraud on it, it can happen. The fault is not likely to be from your own end.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by maviarcad1: 11:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
stagger:

If his payment methodis unverified, it can happen. If his payment method has suspicion of fraud on it, it can happen. The fault is not likely to be from your own end.

Thank you stagger but, he's been on the platform since 2013, it's weird, I'll tell him to check with the support community. Aprec8
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by smokers: 2:25am On Dec 16, 2017
Cripstwick:
Good writers, email me at damilaremafolasere(at)gmail(dot)com ASAP. Need one or two urgently.
have tried sending you a mail it says your email is invalid you can contact me at olowoinc@gmail.com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Ysakaws1: 3:41am On Dec 19, 2017
I need fiverr reviews. Whatsapp me 08070895702 if you have some.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by jozzee1(m): 8:57am On Dec 19, 2017
Buy cheap data for all networks today at almost half the original price.
* No cheat
* Same quality
* Same or even better validity.
See my signature for more.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stevengerrard: 9:00am On Dec 19, 2017
I need two writers for long term projects.
Please do have a good flair in English and good creative writing skills.
Send me a message on whatsapp @08113363310 with the inscription upwork writer needed
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by OldBeer: 10:04am On Dec 19, 2017
stevengerrard:
I need two writers for long term projects.
Please do have a good flair in English and good creative writing skills.
Send me a message on whatsapp @08113363310 with the inscription upwork writer needed
Before you send this guy a message, go through this thread. www.nairaland.com/4239510/need-2-freelance-writers-hire
Many writers there complained that he is a scammer.
Be warned.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stevengerrard: 11:01am On Dec 19, 2017
OldBeer:
Before you send this guy a message, go through this thread. www.nairaland.com/4239510/need-2-freelance-writers-hire
Many writers there complained that he is a scammer.
Be warned.
are you OK?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Barnabaseloka(m): 11:40am On Dec 19, 2017
Did you know you could earn money (in dollars) easily online today? Also this does not require investing your hard-earned money to get paid. All that is required is a phone or laptop with active data. Imagine earning over $100 everyday . It is easy, safe and convenient. Time is money.
This is how it works: Check my signature for details
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Ysakaws1: 11:44am On Dec 19, 2017
I need fiverr reviews. Whatsapp me 08070895702 if you have some
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by OldBeer: 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
stevengerrard:
are you OK?
CAVEAT EMPTOR
www.nairaland.com/4239510/need-2-freelance-writers-hire
This guy is a scammer.
Writers beware!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 12:51pm On Dec 19, 2017
OldBeer:
CAVEAT EMPTOR
www.nairaland.com/4239510/need-2-freelance-writers-hire
This guy is a scammer.
Writers beware!

Kindly share your story, so others can learn.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by OldBeer: 1:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
victor101:

Its not my story.

He opened a thread in the jobs section seeking for writers. Several persons who had worked for him in the past beseiged the thread to share how he refused to pay them.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stevengerrard: 2:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
victor101:

see me see wahala o.
I got 2 writers in here on nairaland..
Even had to pay them upfront to do a job for me.. Note :I had not even seen their writing before...
They wrote nonchalant descriptions and got my account banned with over a thousand $ In it on fiverr .. Now they are coming here to cry foul...
Proof attached

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Johncrown80(m): 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
level one NIGERIAN fiverr account for sale

Level 1

29 jobs completed

97% ratings

Social media niche

Reason for selling: wanna focus more on upwork���

Come before others do!

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by drmanJ(m): 7:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
hiremyminivan:
Can you

Q1. Critically Discuss;
Q2. Do Critical Analysis;
Q3. Critically evaluate;

Have you got experience with demonstrating critical thinking? See below:

Critical thinking can be demonstrated through
A. Comparing several different definitions
B. Seeing whether they are different or not
C. How significant the differences are
D. Establish the definition you are adopting for the purposes of the paper
E. Use the definition that you retain to go through the paper and apply it to the issues at hand
F. Presenting sources AND discussing their shortcomings, limitations, ways in which they fit the bigger picture and with respect to each other

Are you practiced in the art of disagreeing with the author's views BUT even going a step further to seek opposing views and comment on them/compare them with the author's

Can you demonstrate
A. Current thinking in the field and
B. Understanding (which is achieved by putting different views into context)

Is it second nature for you to demonstrate awareness of proper attribution through in-text citations?

If your answers to the above questions are YES.

I NEED YOU.

Please get in touch with me via email.

Let's do business.

Thanks.

tijesunisamuel@gmail.com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by SoNature(m): 10:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
stevengerrard:
see me see wahala o.
I got 2 writers in here on nairaland..
Even had to pay them upfront to do a job for me.. Note :I had not even seen their writing before...
They wrote nonchalant descriptions and got my account banned with over a thousand $ In it on fiverr .. Now they are coming here to cry foul...
Proof attached

How much do you pay per word?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by gen2lpat(m): 12:03am On Dec 20, 2017
Bring your PayPay (direct funding) and Payoneer. Juicy rate apply. Buzz me on whatsapp using 0&0645|¤5&6

Thank you
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Chiscomax(m): 12:33am On Dec 20, 2017
Why does Upwork keep bouncing my application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.