Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,158 members, 7,825,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? (3562 Views)

Nigerian Women Are Non-citizens / I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by FisifunKododada: 8:18am On Dec 26, 2015
cool You want the average Nigerian NLers to be cool with you do the following:

1. Be willing to laugh at yourself: If they make fun of you and you get angry they see that as weakness. But if you just laugh and make fun of them back then they will see you as someone that is okay.

2. Don't take everything they say seriously: Somebody can tell you go and die idiot. But tomorrow he can defend you (like you are his brother) if he feels you are been treated unfairly. There are guys here who are 'enemies' in politics section but 'friends' in Romance section. These people don't care they just like to have a good time.

3. Stay away from Nigerian tribal politics - its the easiest way to get 'enemies' on Nairaland. Especially the Yoruba vs Igbo never ending rivalry. I have told people that when Yorubas and Igbos are fighting don't go between them because the same people will fight in the afternoon but at night the Yoruba guy will go and fvck his Igbo gf and the Igbo guy will go and fvck his Yoruba gf. Its all a game.

4. Show that you are smart. Avoid making too many obvious logical errors. Nigerians hate mugus. If they see you as a mugu they treat you like shyte. So display basic reasoning ability and try to be consistent. If you don't know much about a topic don't get in the middle of it. Do some research before you engage. Otherwise if you ask a question that is considered too simple, they will think you are been silly/you are a mugu and give you a hard time.

5. Never OPENLY root against a Nigeria football team especially when they are not playing against your country. If they are playing against you country then they expect you to root for you country - it is considered a friendly rivalry. However, if for example, Nigeria is playing Ethiopia and a Ghanaian he-goat is going around wishing bad luck on the Nigerian team then he will be treated as an 'enemy combatant' with all the insults under the sun. No lines will be considered so sacred that they won't be crossed.

6. Finally, no matter what you do some people will just not like you here. It has nothing do with where you are from and it has nothing to do with them be Nigerians. Its just that in every society there are haters who love to hate. There are a few of these people of NL and when you notice them avoid them like the plague.

Hope this helps.

Capt. Fisifun.

1 Like

Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by FisifunKododada: 8:49am On Dec 26, 2015
V0lv0:
Extremely. They are very xenophobic especially to Ghanaians, South Africans and Kenyans. It's really sickening and while I initially first came on this site as a way to get in touch with other African brothers and sisters I have actually gotten more than I bargained for and the extreme hate and nasty comments can make even mother theresa become a terrorist grin grin

Anyways good luck. It can be really draining though. There are some nice people and they tend to be the most "westernized' of the lot

cool Madam STOP lying. Show proof of a foreigner been 'attacked' here without provocation. While I agree that there are a few knuckle-heads with big mouth on NL, the vast majority will never go at you without provocation. I remember the Ghanaian handle who registered solely to dedicate his time on NL to openly wish bad results for Nigeria football teams irrespective of their opponents. Well he was bullied until he left NL without looking back. He came here thinking he was a big Ashanti bad a$$ until he met REAL BAD A$$E$$ - just some Hausa boy who can't even write correct English dragged him through the coals like a cheap rag. Nigerians are like that. If you want war we will supply you yafunyafun. If you want love we will supply you bokuboku. So stop this passive aggressive propaganda. Everyone is welcome on NL. And Nigerians in general are hard on each other. People will read your post (provided its not too long) and if they find something illogical/shows poor reasoning they will make fun of you just for that. It doesn't matter if you the OP is Nigerian, Ghanaian, SA, Kenyan whatever. If you form mugu for a Nigerian they will want to maga you. Its that simple. Either the mugu is a Nigerian or a Kenyan is irrelevant. A mugu will be magad - that's the Nigerian code. If you understand this you will have a better experience.
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by PetroDolla3: 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2015
You are the one lying, so shut up! You nigerians worship white folks in your country and have nothing but hatred for other Africans who have the misfortune of living in your country.

I have several personal experiences to tell you about.

And I still don't understand why most nigerians hate Ghanaians so much. You people don't hate Cameroonian as much as you hate Ghanaians even though you fought with them over bakassi

FisifunKododada:

cool Madam STOP lying. Show proof of a foreigner been 'attacked' here without provocation. While I agree that there are a few knuckle-heads with big mouth on NL, the vast majority will never go at you without provocation. I remember the Ghanaian handle who registered solely to dedicate his time on NL to openly wish bad results for Nigeria football teams irrespective of their opponents. Well he was bullied until he left NL without looking back. He came here thinking he was a big Ashanti bad a$$ until he met REAL BAD A$$E$$ - just some Hausa boy who can't even write correct English dragged him through the coals like a cheap rag. Nigerians are like that. If you want war we will supply you yafunyafun. If you want love we will supply you bokuboku. So stop this passive aggressive propaganda. Everyone is welcome on NL. And Nigerians in general are hard on each other. People will read your post (provided its not too long) and if they find something illogical/shows poor reasoning they will make fun of you just for that. It doesn't matter if you the OP is Nigerian, Ghanaian, SA, Kenyan whatever. If you form mugu for a Nigerian they will want to maga you. Its that simple. Either the mugu is a Nigerian or a Kenyan is irrelevant. A mugu will be magad - that's the Nigerian code. If you understand this you will have a better experience.

1 Like

Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Miami11: 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
V0lv0:
Extremely. They are very xenophobic especially to Ghanaians, South Africans and Kenyans. It's really sickening and while I initially first came on this site as a way to get in touch with other African brothers and sisters I have actually gotten more than I bargained for and the extreme hate and nasty comments can make even mother theresa become a terrorist grin grin

Anyways good luck. It can be really draining though. There are some nice people and they tend to be the most "westernized' of the lot

You have spoken like a 1000 wise men, my dear,

The look down on fellow Africans especially from Ghana, Kenya and South Africa

They call fellow Africans black which is one thing I never understand from Nigerians( an intelligent person will know that subsaharan Africa is black and that is our identity in the world) unique and beautiful

Just come in to this forum with an open mind and don't take anything personal

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atlantic Slave Trade: Igbo Inhabitant In United States, Cuba, Jamaica & Barbados / Learn How To Speak And Write Urhobo Language / Igede Agba New Yam Festival In Benue State, Nigeria At Glance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.