Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,832 members, 7,834,788 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible (14392 Views)

Great Bible Contradictions / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by Horus(m): 5:47pm On May 30, 2007
Genesis 2:2 says that God “rested” meaning that he actually ceased, desisted or stopped doing his job. . . . If this is true this would make the God of the Bible in need of a refreshment which means he could be fatigued or weakened.
According to Isaiah 40:28 of the Old Testament, the God of the bible does not get tired:
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
The key word in this quote is “fainteth” which in Aramic (Hebrew) is ya'aph meaning “to be/grow weary, to fatigue, to be faint.” It says that God “fainteth not.” Which one is it??
Later on in Jeremiah 15:6 the same Aramic word ya'aph is used for fainteth and it says that God does get tired:
Thou hast forsaken me, saith the LORD, thou art gone backward: therefore will I stretch out my hand against thee, and destroy thee; I am weary with repenting.
In one instance God is tired and in another he isn’t. Which one is it?? . . . You must understand that you can’t begin to define “God” as you know him because he is “The All.”
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by TellyB(m): 5:55pm On May 30, 2007
@Horus,

What has happened to your "black jesus" - what has he done for YOU?

Horus:

The key word in this quote is “fainteth” which in Aramic (Hebrew) is ya'aph meaning “to be/grow weary, to fatigue, to be faint.”

Don't cheat your readers with this misconstruction. There is a huge difference between the two very distinct Semitic languages of Aramaic and Hebrew. Putting the second in parenthesis as if they're the same belittles your IQ; and you can see where I explained the difference in this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-26406.32.html#msg1156103
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by AlRaheem(m): 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2007
@Topic Only
When i first started to study the Book of life @ the age of 12.  It was very difficult to comprehend.  Reason being that I hardly spoke a well broken english talkless of the Advance Modification of it.  Around age 16 was still confusing: reason being the sins i was full of.  I was in some denial to accept.  BY age 24 not giving up came the gift of it being written on the tablets of my heart.   I have mastered it- and i ralely sin even with the simplest things from the age of 19.  I have never been an intensional sinner of my own.  Maybe 4 just not knowing or reasoning. There is no Contradiction In the Scripts after full analysis of it. Salut to my Mentors!!!
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by petres007(m): 11:43am On Oct 02, 2008
@Reverend and everyone Please read this with carefully with an open heart (if you can). Its an article/page I discovered (not sure how) that clears the so-called "101 contradictions in the bible!  cheesy

Here's the link: http://debate.org.uk/topics/apolog/contrads.htm
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by olabowale(m): 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2008
@Petres_007: I went to your suggest website, reading through, I will make the following observations:
The Bible defender against the contradiction did poor job, since he/they are asserting that God and satan were competing in many instances of the contradictions.

He claims that God wanted to humiliate His Prophetic King David, whom He honored with Psalm. Yet at the same time Satan was agitating David to do the same exact thing! Is this not a contradiction when we know that when there is the presence of God in a thing, it will not be possible for Satan to be able to stand.

Is it not true that Satan works with evil intent on the people who at the time the succumb to his suggestions/efforts, they the Victims have no God consciousness in their hearts and this is always the reason for falling for the tricks of Satan?

I do not know about your Christian God, the Muslim God, Allah is absolute and Satan can not be present when He Allah is a Dominant in any situation. Finally, to use Qur'an to argue for the authenticity of the Bible, be it OT or NT, and our case, I will take the NT, is a frutile effort. Qur'an when it talks about the OT, Psalm, or NT as revelation from Allah, it simply means when it was revealed to the prophet that received it.

When that prophet was on earth, in charge of its deliverance of the messages to the people, and safeguarding the Book, in the case of Jesus (AS) the New Testament/GoodNews, from being tampered with by anyone!

However when Jesus was lifted up to heavens y the Might of his Creator, Lord God who is One Lord, Jesus was no more around to deliver the message, in its pure state, since his mission was complete and was not around to safeguard the the NT in its uncorrupted form. Is is not true that Jesus overturned the table of the money changers?

Why do you know? It is because they were doing dishonest business by charging interest. Do you have in the Bible of today the abormination of charging interest? And do the Christian not charge interest? Are they now the leaders of mankind who are forcing almost everyone to the consumption of interests?

Didnt Jesus say that he did not come to abolish the prophets and the laws? Now tell me, where in the NT do you have the consequential punishment of fornications and or the worst kind, adultery? The Qur'an declares also that the after Jesus Bible (containing OT, Psalm and NT) is corrupted. It simply means it is not 100% pure as when it was given to the prophets!

No one ever says that there is no single verse that is true in the whole of the Bible, even though you can bring out a single Bible that you can say it is the exact wording in the exact language that the Prophets received their different revelations that consist of the Bible! LETS BE AT LEAST BE HONEST, IF WE ARE NOT WISE!
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2008
At last someone is talking about honesty great, honestly speaking does God exist? If he does do we honestly understand his ways?
Sheesh
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by olabowale(m): 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2008
Yes. God does exist! Is there any way to explain that He does not exist, considering all that you can see, with your naked eyes? I am not going to burden you with what you can't see with your naked eyes.

Interestingly, what do you think the reasons of the prophets/messengers and the books of revelations in purity given to them for their people's guidance, before another prophet was sent to succeed him?
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2008
I will stick to what we started with, honesty.
I will answer your questions honestly and ask you to revise yours again, honestly speaking there is no proof that God does not exist as there isn't any that God does thats the honest truth.
We Don't Know!
That is being brutally honest sir, as for the prophet's we don't know either its their word alone we have, I am not saying I am certain they are wrong I am saying we don't know.
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by bimbusky: 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2009
the bible was written by men.

men are fallible.

they are imperfect.

they are weak.

but these ones were inspired of God.

So basically, the bible is a compendiuim of instructions and literature, inspired by god being narrarted by imperfect men.

some inconsistency of words may be found here and there, by the purpose and essence of god's word is rock solid consistent throughout.

noone can get to the father except through jesus. god will always forgive the sinner when he sees genuine repentance and the aknowledgement of Jesus as lord. the devil is evil. love is a perfect way, and so on and so forth.

dont forget that the entire life of Jesus christ was predicted by Isaiah and many others at least 480 years before he was born, including where he would be born, where he would seek refuge, where he would grow up, what he would preach, how he would be tried, who will try him, how he would be killed, that he would resurrect.

if that is not by the inspiration of the Almighty, what is it?

the fact is that man is an imperfect vessel. some inconsistencies must be visible in the process of his narrating what god told or showed him but if you because of that miss the essence of god's purpose, it is your loss.
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by Kay17: 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2009
so you admit the contradictions?
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by dwonder(m): 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2009
Some “contradictions” arise when we have two or more accounts of the same incident. For example, at Matthew 8:5 we read that when Jesus came into Capernaum, “an army officer came to him, entreating him,” asking Jesus to cure his manservant. But at Luke 7:3, we read of this army officer that “he sent forth older men of the Jews to him to ask [Jesus] to come and bring his slave safely through.” Did the army officer speak to Jesus, or did he send the older men?

The answer is, clearly, that the man sent the elders of the Jews. Why, then, does Matthew say that the man himself entreated Jesus? Because, in effect, the man asked Jesus through the Jewish elders. The elders served as his mouthpiece.

To illustrate this, at 2 Chronicles 3:1, we read: “Finally Solomon started to build the house of Jehovah in Jerusalem.” Later, we read: “Thus Solomon finished the house of Jehovah.” (2 Chronicles 7:11) Did Solomon personally build the temple from start to finish? Of course not. The actual building work was done by a multitude of craftsmen and laborers. But Solomon was the organizer of the work, the one responsible. Hence, the Bible says that he built the house. In the same way, Matthew’s Gospel tells us that the military commander approached Jesus. But Luke gives the added detail that he approached him through the Jewish elders.

Here is a similar example. At Matthew 20:20, 21, we read: “The mother of the sons of Zebedee approached [Jesus] with her sons, doing obeisance and asking for something from him.” What she asked was that her sons should have the most favored position when Jesus came into his Kingdom. In Mark’s account of this same event, we read: “James and John, the two sons of Zebedee, stepped up to [Jesus] and said to him: ‘Teacher, we want you to do for us whatever it is we ask you for.’” (Mark 10:35-37) Was it the two sons of Zebedee, or was it their mother, who made the request of Jesus?

Clearly, it was the two sons of Zebedee who made the request, as Mark states. But they made it through their mother. She was their spokesperson. This is supported by Matthew’s report that when the other apostles heard what the mother of the sons of Zebedee had done, they became indignant, not at the mother, but “at the two brothers.”—Matthew 20:24.

Have you ever heard two people describe an event that they both witnessed? If so, did you notice that each person emphasized details that impressed him? One may have left out things that the other included. Both, however, were telling the truth. It is the same with the four Gospel accounts of Jesus’ ministry, as well as with other historical events reported by more than one Bible writer. Each writer wrote accurate information even when one retained details that another omitted. By considering all the accounts, a fuller understanding of what happened can be gained. Such variations prove that the Bible accounts are independent. And their essential harmony proves that they are true.
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by jcross22: 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2009
MR OLABOWALE DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE ALLAH WROTE THOSE THINGS OKAY SEE THIS:Quran 96:1 "Read in the name of your Lord who created man out of CLOTS OF CONGEALED BLOOD. Read, for your Lord is the most generous. PLEASE TELL ME ARE YOU MADE FROM CLOT OF BLOOD? IS THAT WHAT THEY TAUGHT YOU IN SCHOOL,Qur'an 93:1 "I swear by the early hours of the day, and the night when it covers with darkness. Your Lord hath not forsaken thee, nor doth He despisith thee."PLEASE TELL ME WHO IS SWEARING THERE IS IT ALLAH OR WHO B,COS YOU SAID EVERYTHING HAVE BEING WRITTEN IN ALLAH'S PARADISE BUT NOW AM GETTING CONFUSE.AGAIN HOW MANY TIMES DID MOHAMMAD SAW JIGRIL CLAIMED BY HIM , ,Bukhari:V6B60N378 "Whoever tells you that Muhammad saw his Lord is a liar, and the Prophet only saw Gabriel twice."THEN IF THAT IT'S POSSIBLE THEN HOW DID HE COME ABOUT THE REST OF SURAHS I MEAN THE 112 SURAHS, LOOK AT THIS WORDS Qur'an 74:8 "The trumpet shall sound a day of anguish for disbelievers. Leave ME alone to deal with the creature whom I created bare and alone! Leave ME to deal with those I granted wealth and sons." AND THIS Qur'an 74:15 "These men are greedy and desire that I should give them even more. By no means! For they have offered stubborn opposition to OUR Signs and OUR revelations, PLEASE UNDERSTAND ME IF ALLAH IS MAKING A REFERENCE TO HIMSELF OR ITSELF IT OR HE SUPPOSE TO MAKE USE OF THIS PRONOUN I , AM OR EDITORIAL WE. WHY "I" AT THE BEGINNING GETTING TO THE END OF THE STATEMENT THE WORD TWIST TO "OUR" , SOMETHING IS WRONG SOMEWHERE.WHY MOHAMMAD WAS HE SWEARING WITH THIS:Qur'an 74:32 "No, truly: I swear by the Moon as a witness, and by the darkness of night as it wanes." OR WHO IS SWEARING THERE?
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by jcross22: 11:26pm On Dec 15, 2009
: Qur'an 69:43 "This is a Message sent down from the Lord of men and jinn. And if the Messenger were to attribute any false words to Us, We would seize him and cut his aorta. None of you would be able to stop Us. So truly this is a Message for those who fear. Yet We know that there are those who deny and belie (this Qur'an). But truly this (Qur'an) revelation is a cause of sorrow and anguish; the nemesis of unbelievers. Verily, it (this Qur'an) is an absolute truth."I TAUGHT THE QURAN WAS WRITTEN ALREADY IN ALLAH'S PARADISE BUT NOW I BEGIN TO IMAGINE WHO WANT TO SEIZE AND CUT THE AORTA OF SOMEBODY AFTER CLAIMED THE REGION NEVER PROMOTE ARROGANT BUT NOW READ THAT VERSE.
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by jcross22: 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2009
: Qur'an 69:43 "This is a Message sent down from the Lord of men and jinn. And if the Messenger were to attribute any false words to Us, We would seize him and cut his aorta. None of you would be able to stop Us. So truly this is a Message for those who fear. Yet We know that there are those who deny and belie (this Qur'an). But truly this (Qur'an) revelation is a cause of sorrow and anguish; the nemesis of unbelievers. Verily, it (this Qur'an) is an absolute truth."I TAUGHT THE QURAN WAS WRITTEN ALREADY IN ALLAH'S PARADISE BUT NOW I BEGIN TO IMAGINE WHO WANT TO SEIZE AND CUT THE AORTA OF SOMEBODY AFTER CLAIMED THE REGION NEVER PROMOTE ARROGANT BUT NOW READ THAT VERSE.
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by jcross22: 12:01am On Dec 16, 2009
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by theseeker2: 10:19am On Dec 16, 2009
"Jcross, i henestly dont get your point. what are you trying to infer
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by jcross22: 12:55pm On Dec 16, 2009
ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah see a simple as that look muslims said the koram was written in allah paradise but now some actions was taking place in that verses posted before showing that the verses was recorded when the action took place and that was why i was asking who want seize and cut who aorta that action has it taken place before the mohammad? you said everything has being written down in allah paradise.
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by bimbusky: 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2009
somehow, i think jcross has confused himself. hes in the process of confusing the rest of us now.
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 1:44am On Jan 03, 2010
Jcross is a confussionist, never mind
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 3:04am On Jan 11, 2010
Abu Zola:

Jcross is a confussionist, never mind
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by theseeker2: 9:55am On Jan 11, 2010
i have learnt to ignore him. He writes as if he is stammering
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lol,
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2010
a stammerer?lol
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 7:55pm On Jan 11, 2010
:p
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 11, 2010
The whole bible is a contradiction as it was composed by Europeans who took bits and pieces from African, Hebrew, Mesopetamian ;etc myths. I mean the story of cain and abel is IDENTICAL to the Egyptian story of osiris and set! so i really am not a fan of the bible however it is the MESSAGE that is the important thing. I do not quarrel with the morals but the idea that the stories occured that way, I am not too confident in.

I believe Moses splitting the Red Sea is more metaphoric; that it is not to be taken literal. I mean even Jesus's ability to cure and walk on water is also taken out of context. Christians initally in the earlier times claimed to be sent to right the wrongs of hedonic societies and to abstain from the old ways but yet they are presently still eager to tell you how "God is going to strike you from the heavens" if you do something they deem "wordly" such as listening to some damn rap music or wearing a short skirt. LOL. I honestly find more hypocracy in Christianity that any other religion.

The bible writes of a God who defended THE OPPRESSED yet nearly 1/3 of the planet is governed by the laws of chrsitianity which were FORCED onto 70 percent of the believers' ancestors in cruel ways. How can your God be loving but "appoint" you to do the very work he has destroyed many kings/kingdoms for doing? I do not get it.

The way God is described in the first and new testaments are completely different, one talks of a Jealous God the other highly remorseful.
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by TheSkipper(m): 5:16pm On Nov 11, 2010
The one fundamental thing most people miss when they read the bible is THEY ARE NOT EVEN REFERRING TO THE SAME GOD!!!
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by cadanre(m): 11:49am On Nov 12, 2010
@ post

GREAT!!!!!
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by Jephyard(m): 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2010
Mr Reverend and any other person who thinks the bible is Contradicting.Try reading the whole bible and not what you want to read.i could reply every one of the contradictions but i believe everyone is free to his own thoughts whether it is right or wrong.i have already thrown out half of the contradictions.if he wants to know contact me
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by TheSkipper(m): 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2010
Dude I've read most versions of the bible, the Qu'ran and a lot of other religious texts), not only do most of these SHARE the same stories, which logic will tell you they probably came from the same source.
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by seyibrown(f): 2:31am On Nov 14, 2010
Bookmarked
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by omoimole: 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2010
OUR MOTIVES OFTEN INFLUENCE WHAT AND HOW WE SEE THINGS. YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE BIBLE. YOU CAN ALSO BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE. THE DEVIL KNOWS A LOT ABOUT THE BIBLE MUCH MORE THAN THE AVERAGE BIBLE-READING CHRISTIAN. HE HAS BEEN IN THE BIZNESS OF CREATING CONFUSION AND DOUBT ABOUT THIS BOOK IN THE MINDS OF MANY. WHAT APPEAR TO YOU AS CONTRADICTIONS WILL END UP BEING 'CONTRADICTIONS' WHEN YOU ARE IN TOUCH WITH THE SPIRIT BEHIND THE BOOK. BECAUSE, PAULS SAYS 'THE LETTER KILLS, BUT THE SPIRIT GIVES LIFE'. THE WISDOM OF GOD IS FOOLISHNESS TO MEN. WITH MAN THE WAY UP IS UP. BUT WITH GOD THE WAY UP IS DOWN. MAN'S WAY IS LOVE THOSE WHO LOVE YOU, BUT GOD'S WAY SAYS LOVE EVEN YOUR ENEMIES (NOT MINDING SOME WHO CURSE THEIR REAL AND PERCEIVED ENEMIES).
Re: 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible by princeonx: 4:19am On May 02, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! / Benny Hinn's Miracle & Impartation Service At Christ Embassy / Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.