Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677679 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
plauses:
Please my people, if anyone has Family members or friends who occasionally send money down to them here in Naija via Western Union. I'd love to buy those dollars from them rather than allow The bank rip you off by giving you a meager 197 to the $ and then turn around and sell it to other customers for 360. I will pay you a very fair rate in cash here and you can ask your relative to send the Dollars straight into My Domiciliarry account at GTbank.

I went on the Hunt for Banks that still issue PTA in all of Abuja today.
I'm still exhausted from driving all around the entire town, when I get some rest I'll post the results. Tell you which banks are still giving to their Customers and what the criteria is. I entered over 18 banks.

Lol... You don't know that only 0.00000000000001 % of student in USA send money down to their family here in Nigeria..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
Let's stop all these joor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 8:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
Please stop this fight.... angry angry angry angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
i understand the plight of everyone,I got more than 30mails including those not members of the USA thread. My sister even sent the first guy his dollars today,he made transfer to me on Sunday morning of 650,000naira. I will try to do something better next month.

Okay Ma!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
[quote author=MrAmberson post=46544570][/quote]

Bros...you are going to Yale. Just go to the VO and smile. You've got it already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2016
Mayflowa:

This guy is not a typical graduate student. He is on a Yale management program. So suit can't act in negative to him rather it will pose him as a young executive. There are are casual fitting suit. Wear it with no ties

Well, if that's what he is Comfortable and confident in, by all means.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
onyembu2013:
I am silent follower of nairaland. I really thank God for today and also my special thank to cutemorgan for his assistant when I was filling my DS-160. My F-1 VISA was approved today at Lagos embassy, 06:30 appointment. My profile : BSC in pure and Industrial chemistry(GPA 4.01, ), going for MSC in Chemical engineering at oregon state university. My GRE is 311( 160 Q) My transcript will be coming soon because I must give back to nairaland. Nairaland really helped me in some many ways
Congrats.
My undergraduate was in industrial chemistry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 8:21pm On Jun 13, 2016
onyembu2013:
I am silent follower of nairaland. I really thank God for today and also my special thank to cutemorgan for his assistant when I was filling my DS-160. My F-1 VISA was approved today at Lagos embassy, 06:30 appointment. My profile : BSC in pure and Industrial chemistry(GPA 4.01, ), going for MSC in Chemical engineering at oregon state university. My GRE is 311( 160 Q) My transcript will be coming soon because I must give back to nairaland. Nairaland really helped me in some many ways
Congrats boss mi smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by onyembu2013: 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
I got to the embassy around 6 ;15am, after the security checks and thumb print.I messed up when I was called for the thumb print, when the white woman said your the four fingers of your left hand, can you guys imagine that I wanted to place my right hand, then the woman shouted I said the right hand. In my mind I was thinking the interview have started o. I was shivering. But the woman gave me back passport and 1-20, she said I will be needing for interview, so my nerves came down. We have to wait for the VO for over 10 minutes before they arrived. But when I saw those glasses tbat seperate the VO from the people na when I know say the VOs get sense. They know say if they bounce person wey dey get hot temper. If the glass no dey dear the person fit hijack the VO throw for ground. Is all good, that is glass is really good shall. Let continue with the transcript. The lady that interviewed looked like a Chinese lady. She denied one student visa before my turn self. Mehn for my mind I begin pray heavily o. When it got to my turn
VO; good morning
Me : good morning ma
VO: pass me your documents
Me ; I gave her my passport and 1-20 with sevis receipt
VO : where are you going in US?
Me : i am going to Oregon State university
VO: which course
Me : chemical.engineering
Vo; who is sponsoring you?
Me : my dad
VO: what does he do?
Me : he is a xxxxxxxx man, that xxxxxxxx
VO: please come.again
Me : I told her the same thing
VO: when did you graduate ?
Me ; I bleeped up I said University of Nigeria
VO : I said when did you graduate?
Me : that is when I heard her well, I said 2014
VO : why did you choose oregon state uni
Me : I bleeped up,.i stuttered a bit before I started flowing. OSU will expose me to cutting edge facilities and research. And also it matches my research. I also got interested in Travis walker research. He had his BSC in mathematics and MSC and PHD in Chemical eng from.stanford uni. He will make my transition to chem eng easier because he had my kind of problem before. I bleeped up when I was explaining it, because I stuttered to much due to the fact I was speaking with so much emotion
VO: how many school did you apply?
Me : three
VO; what is the name of the schools?
Me ; University of alberta, Canada, I stuttered small, Louisiana state uni with OSU
VO : did you take any test
Me ; yes, I took GRE and TOEFl
VO : what is your score
Me : I bleeped up, I first said I did well
VO ; what is your score
Me : 311, 160 Q and 151 V
VO : please come again?
Me : 311,
VO : what is your quantitative score
Me.: 160, 78 percentile
VO: can I see your GRE score
Me ; I showed it to her
VO; she peruse it for a while, me dey pray for my mind o. When did you take the GRE
Me : hmm, last year..... October .
VO ; she passed me back my GRE score. What will you do with civil eng degree
Me : sorry chem eng
VO : chemical.engineering
Me : I will use to apply oik company jobs in Nigeria, where I can be employed as a process eng or environmentsl eng
VO : what course will you be taking
Me : chemical reaction eng, heat and mass transfer, fluid flow, advanced chemical reaction eng, process control and dynamics
VO: I will be approving your visa, go and pick it she circled the place on the white sheet
Me : thank you ma
I really thank God for his mercies and grace. The thing I can tell prospective applicant is they should tell the truth because when you are telling the truth you will follow freely. And the VO will notice it because they are trained to do that

21 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
Walspring:

If I am not wrong I would have suggest that you give $500 to each people and you just need 9 people or $900 to 5 people because many people need this..

Seconded and by next month you will do same
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
@onyembu2013,

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
onyembu2013 congrats.
Nice profile and Oregon state is a very good school.
Was it that dark lady that was yelling again during
your biometrics? undecided That woman na case grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 8:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
Mayflowa:

grin it is the bla bla dat failed him actually. Age is high, maybe undergraduate, long time of finishing high sch, business he does is not relocated to his course of study. Upon dat, he didn't show he is ready for academic work by refusing to take test. Answer is too short just like he is lazy to write but bla bla bla

Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
onyembu2013:

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
Congrats Onyembu2013... Better days ahead boss mi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 8:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
plauses:

All the people who wore suits on my Interview date were denied oh. The secret is to dress well, like a typical graduate student would dress in the U.S, (Tip from EducationUSA visa Orientation) Heard this one from a VO directly. Me I just went wearing a pair of Chinos and a H&C shirt.

That i assure you was not said by a VO.... Never, that pepper and salt added
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jchi9876: 8:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
I have 6500 to mess with(trust me you cannot scam me) and will be needing my $$$$ back in USD

IF and MOST importantly you will sign my letter agreeing to conditions

For every $500 i get $100 meaning i give you loan of entire sum i get 7800 to be refunded back 4weeks after arrival

i wont respond to any bargaining iya alata or an "Mbutu coming to America" emails
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by onyembu2013: 8:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
@ sirriddy, it was a white woman that took my biometrics. She was in window 9

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
DareFadi:

That i assure you was not said by a VO.... Never, that pepper and salt added

Please attend an EducationUSA General Visa Orientation coming very soon to your neighborhood. The V.O's come and speak to students face to face during those events, and you can ask them any question.
I won't comment on this issue again.

Enjoy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by onyembu2013: 9:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
Thank you @ imperious, sir ruddy, holeudrayl and morgan

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jchi9876: 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
imperiouxx:
@onyembu2013,

Cheers!

wouldn't you be giving me your trademark cold green electronic bottles?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by SilentPistol: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 9:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
Evening people, so I spent the day searching for a bank in Owerri that does western union quick pay and it turns out no bank does sad sad
I have already filled the online form and gotten my coupon for sevis fee but the banks here just do transfer. No quick pay transaction cry cry
Does anyone know where I can do the quick pay thingy in lag, abj or pH? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 9:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
I sent u my number to contact me. My pm no dey work.
don4ye:
Dickoflife reply my pm man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
plauses:

Please attend an EducationUSA General Visa Orientation coming very soon to your neighborhood. The V.O's come and speak to students face to face during those events, and you can ask them any question.
I won't comment on this issue again.

Enjoy.

Yeah i did my first degree in the US, i did MBA years later in the same US and have lived abroad every since. I have so many family who have travelled via this same route so i am extremely familar with the whole process. i dont need EducationUSA to know that no VO said that as a guideline ......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 9:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
Sorry no westie in nigeria. Send the money to someone in the us or go to cotonou.
Rheenah:
Evening people, so I spent the day searching for a bank in Owerri that does western union quick pay and it turns out no bank does sad sad
I have already filled the online form and gotten my coupon for sevis fee but the banks here just do transfer. No quick pay transaction cry cry
Does anyone know where I can do the quick pay thingy in lag, abj or pH? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
dickoflife:
Sorry no westie in nigeria. Send the money to someone in the us or go to cotonou.

There's a service in Abuja called Geeva, that's where I was directed to, I have their number,
They will charge you $250 though, or its equivalent in Naira N85,000

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.