Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,804 members, 7,841,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! - Culture (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! (172737 Views)

If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Do You Speak Yoruba? / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by EzePromoe: 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
Read my edited post and stop getting on my nerves angry
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2012
Eze Promoe:
And the best you can do is to call me a goat ?
You know that most comment we make here on Nairaland are just for fun. I had respected you so much, and being such one i respected i don't expect this from you. I was born in Yorubaland but wasn't opportuned to mix up with the 7 years i spent there. I don't think asking somebody (which isn't you) was bad though but don't quote me like this next time. Oshe!

Rubbish!! What's this incoherent jargon?? You are a Yoruba hater and me no like u again, case closed!
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
Eze Promoe: Read my edited post and stop getting on my nerves angry
*e-Slaps him* angry
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by EzePromoe: 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
All i can do is to smiley it off
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by tunnytox(m): 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2012
Eze Promoe: All i can do is to smiley it off

Just try and be your true self, if you hate Yorubas be free to say at least this is a faceless forum and no one can do anything for you. But pretending to like Yorubas on one thread and denigrating us on another is nothing but an act of cowardice and betrayal.
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2012
Eze Promoe: All i can do is to smiley it off
gives him ice for his swollen cheek
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by EzePromoe: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
tunnytox:

Just try and be your true self, if you hate Yorubas be free to say at least this is a faceless forum and no one can do anything for you. But pretending to like Yorubas on one thread and denigrating us on another is nothing but an act of cowardice and betrayal.
Forget what we do here on Nairaland, i even intend marrying from Yorubaland by the way wink that is why i'm here to learn the language so that when my pro in-laws begin to scream 'omo ibo' i'll know how to deal with that, so i don't hate Yorubas. Just the way you peeps behave on Nairaland.
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by tunnytox(m): 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2012
Eze Promoe:
Forget what we do here on Nairaland, i even intend marrying from Yorubaland by the way wink that is why i'm here to learn the language so that when my pro in-laws begin to scream 'omo ibo' i'll know how to deal with that, so i don't hate Yorubas. Just the way you peeps behave on Nairaland.

Ok no probs cool
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by StarFlux: 12:26am On Nov 05, 2012

i enta thread, and i see people dey shout!

What is this??! I thought we were all good friends here. I give you 5x internet slap for this episode.

Now we can start learning again smiley
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by EzePromoe: 6:47am On Nov 05, 2012
StarFlux:
i enta thread, and i see people dey shout!

What is this??! I thought we were all good friends here. I give you 5x internet slap for this episode.

Now we can start learning again smiley

It has been settled.
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by EzePromoe: 2:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
Shollypopz:
gives him ice for his swollen cheek

e-kisses her cheeks smiley
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by Idowuogbo(f): 6:42am On Nov 07, 2012
Who revive dis spot? Gush... Bin ages mehn!

Eyin temi kilo nada? Mon juba o! Omo yin Bado lo tu Gbe de o!!!
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by Idowuogbo(f): 6:45am On Nov 07, 2012
IYA NGBALI: helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Oga wa ni express, o pe da gburo yin o! She o si?
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by dayokanu(m): 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
E ku deede iwoyi oo
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by kodewrita(m): 7:28am On Nov 15, 2012
e ku ikaale o.

Se dada ni o.

Bawo loja. Aje a bugba je o. E se jeje lori Nairaland yii o. E ma je a fi oro ere wa ota lori kini yi o.

Iwaju iwaju lopa ebiti yin o ma re si o.
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by StarFlux: 10:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
Does anyone know any good phrases, idioms, words etc that could unexpectedly come in handy?
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by dominique(f): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2012
Am i on the right thread undecided
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by annawhite(f): 2:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
I'm lost ! what do I do?
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by tunnytox(m): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
annawhite: I'm lost ! what do I do?
I will recommend some Yoruba books for you, start from Alawiye by JF Odunjo and gradually progressed to DO Fagunwa's books like 'Ogboju ode ninu Igbo irunmole' and later to 'Asa ati Orisa ile Yoruba' before you know it you'll be able to read and write in Yoruba. grin cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by EzePromoe: 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
Please interpret this words for me
1. Today today na me and Sandra
2. Your love go kill me die
3. You be my sweet banana
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by Afam4eva(m): 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
Eze Promoe: Please interpret this words for me
1. Today today na me and Sandra
2. Your love go kill me die
3. You be my sweet banana

1. Leni Leni emi ati sanda ni.

2. Ife re ma pa mi danu

3. Iwo ni banana mi to dun
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by tunnytox(m): 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2012
afam4eva:

1. Leni Leni emi ati sanda ni.

2. Ife re ma pa mi danu

3. Iwo ni banana mi to dun

Ogede

1 Like

Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by Afam4eva(m): 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
tunnytox:

Ogede
lol grin I almost forgot what Banana meant in Yoruba.
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by EzePromoe: 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2012
Thanks Afam. MORE
1. Even the worst demon can't stop us
2. Can i kiss your lips
3. I will be your man and you'll be my baby
4. Just say yes
5. I'll be back later

i'll give you some Yoruba words you'll translate for me.
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by EzePromoe: 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2012
Pakurumo
ekuro
elikunro
demo
gbesoke
komole
binti
ewole si MTN
tutu
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by Afam4eva(m): 4:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
Eze Promoe: Thanks Afam. MORE
1. Even the worst demon can't stop us
2. Can i kiss your lips
3. I will be your man and you'll be my baby
4. Just say yes
5. I'll be back later

i'll give you some Yoruba words you'll translate for me.

1. Esu ti o buru ju ole dawa duro

2. Se mo le kiss lips e

3. emi aje okunri e ati iwo ma aje baby mi grin grin grin

4. ko sope beni

5. Ma pada wa igba mi
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by Afam4eva(m): 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
Eze Promoe: Pakurumo
ekuro
elikunro
demo
gbesoke
komole
binti
ewole si MTN
tutu

Pakurumo -
ekuro - move away
elikunro -
demo - shakara
gbesoke - carry up
komole - Go down
binti
ewole si MTN - Enter inside MTN
tutu - cold
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by EzePromoe: 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2012
Thank you, Mr Afam Kolawole grin

More

-No mind bad belle people like Matthew
-We will go places
-Wipe my tears
-I'll be there for you
-I wanna be there for you
-Forget about the other guy
-He has nothing to offer you.
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by StarFlux: 3:22am On Dec 27, 2012
Hi!

What is the Yoruba word for painting?
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by SeunPlus(f): 8:03am On Jan 20, 2013
Eyin Omo yoruba, eku ka
le o.
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 20, 2013
O se.
Baba mi losi Ibadan.
Re: If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! by EzePromoe: 10:48am On Jan 20, 2013
Ema try mi o, CFC. Emi omo baba olowo cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (Reply)

Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria / Funny But Wise African Proverbs. / Efik/ibibio Names And Their Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.