Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) (35135 Views)

3 Decomposing Bodies Found In Delta Bush (Graphic Photos) / Decomposing Bodies Of 3 Kidnapped University Of Port Harcourt Students (Graphic) / Bodies Of Teenage Boys Pursued By FSARS Into Lagoon Recovered (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by Choiszman(m): 10:57am On Jul 04, 2017
The decomposing bodies of a family of six which was suspected to have been as a result of the fumes emitted by their generator, have been discovered in their sitting room in Obio/Akpo Local Government Area, of Rivers State.

The decomposing bodies were found, at their residence on Salvation Street by concerned neighbours who had gone in search of them when they realized that not one of them had been seen since last Friday.

The discovery has thrown the residents in a mourning mood as the family is made up of the father, mother, and four children with ages 6, 4, 3 and 2.

The police evacuated the bodies yesterday afternoon.

The landlord while speaking to journalist requested for anonymity because the police was investigating the matter and said he saw the family last on Friday morning.

He said:

Their generator was on when I returned home on Friday evening and I presumed they were inside the house.
I didn’t see them on Saturday. I also did not see any of them on Sunday. My junior brother called me this afternoon while I was at work to intimate me that something was happening at my house, so I rushed down here. I am in shock.

One of the neighbour who saw the bodies when the police arrived to evacuate them said they were lying down on the floor which suggested that the family might have been watching television and perhaps slept off in the process, leaving the television and generator on.

The Rivers State Police Public Relations Officer, Nnamdi Omoni, who confirmed the incident said the Police had evacuated the bodies and taken them to the mortuary for post morten examination.

The Police Image maker also said:

The speculation is that the family may have died from carbon monoxide which emanated from their generator. But that has not been scientifically proven. So, we are waiting for the autopsy report to make our findings.

Shared on www.palmchatnow.com

CC: Lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by moneyspeaking: 10:58am On Jul 04, 2017
FP STRAIGHT

3 Likes

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by sayentease(m): 11:02am On Jul 04, 2017
Chaii..

cry cry

See what buhari has caused again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by Choise(f): 11:21am On Jul 04, 2017
Lalasticlala come see
Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by Zither(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
You will never hear this kind of unfortunate event happening in developed countries but it is a "normal" thing in this country governed by evil, ambitious and selfish people who amass the wealth meant for the betterment and improvement of the living conditions of the masses for themselves. They are so hell bent on taxing our lives that if it were possible they would impose taxes on the air we breathe yet they cannot provide steady power supply despite all the foreign loans and IGR. People keep dying from generator fumes because of greedy, corrupt leaders. Why is the provision of steady power supply a herculean task for this government as with past governments even with all the human, financial and material resources at their disposal? How many more will be sacrificed to epileptic power supply and perpetual darkness before they realize it is a clear and present danger that must be tackled with the same zeal as one makes efforts to stop fire from destroying a building?

RIP to the family

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 1:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
shocked

They probably committed a mass suicide because of Wike's bad governance.

During Amaechi's days, all we heard from PH was good news.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by MirJay: 1:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
undecided .

I pray they are in Heaven
Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by nextprince: 1:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
The incomplete combustion of hydrocarbons (fuel) emits very poisonous gaseous substance called carbon monoxide.
Carbon monoxide constitutes more than 80% of fumes and when inhaled for a fairly long time especially when asleep, you get suffocated as blood progressively gets depleted of its oxygen with carbon monoxide in its place.

Pls, keep generators far away from living apartments at all times not just when going to bed. Also, discourage the use of high fuming gens.

RIP to the departed

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by Appdriod: 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
They should better do investigation...
Fume killing people these days like say air no dey blow again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by shams040(m): 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
sayentease:
Chaii..

cry cry

Borrow sense nw

1 Like

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by Generalkaycee(m): 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by juman(m): 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
Another victims of senseless leadership.

Despite over twenty billion dollars have been spent on electricity without any improvement.

4 Likes

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by OBku4(m): 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
The Police Image maker also said:

“The speculation is that the family may have died from carbon monoxide which emanated from their generator. ...But that has not been scientifically proven...

Naija police, dem no go kill us grin
Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by Opistorincos(m): 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
Chai
Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by tesppidd: 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
Rivers and Maiduguri, I dont even know which state has lost more lives since 2015.

1 Like

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by nextprince: 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2017
MrUgoo4855:
Win today and change your success story today!

See details below

Guy, you no dey tire? Don't tell me human beings have been falling for this.
Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by Naughtytboy: 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
Naija
Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
I doubt if a day goes by without a news like this from Rivers state, what is going on in that place?

2 Likes

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by FullDepth1: 1:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
MrUgoo4855:
Win today and change your success story today!

See details below

Scammer

3 Likes

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by elshz(m): 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
This is terrible

1 Like

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by Olypeppy(f): 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
proper investigation should be done pls.We need to maintain good community relationship in order to curtail this kind of situation.

1 Like

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by happiro: 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
RIP to d dead
Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by happiro: 1:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They probably committed a mass suicide because of Wike's bad governance.

During Amaechi's days, all we heard from PH was good news.
God give dis one sense
Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by cana882(m): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
Zither:
You will never hear this kind of unfortunate event happening in developed countries but it is a "normal" thing in this country governed by evil, ambitious and selfish people who amass the wealth meant for the betterment and improvement of the living conditions of the masses for themselves. They are so hell bent on taxing our lives that if it were possible they would impose taxes on the air we breathe yet they cannot provide steady power supply despite all the foreign loans and IGR. People keep dying from generator fumes because of greedy, corrupt leaders. Why is the provision of steady power supply a herculean task for this government as with past governments even with all the human, financial and material resources at their disposal? How many more will be sacrificed to epileptic power supply and perpetual darkness before they realize it is a clear and present danger that must be tackled with the same zeal as one makes efforts to stop fire from destroying a building?

RIP to the family
I wish your post can make a difference but no matter how we criticize them, they don't even feel it. It's like pouring water on a stone. If something as basic as electricity was available, this would have been avoided. You need not be a developed country to get steady power. Ghana is still developing but can boast of steady power, and so can ethopia, and Kenya. But greed has blinded us.
God help us

3 Likes

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by Allylic(f): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
Don't know what to say...
Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by basictutor: 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
Zither:

RIP to the family

You're not addressing the right issue. So if govt fails on their part, is it enough to get yourself killed despite all the warnings on media.

2 Likes

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by Litmus: 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2017
Zither:

RIP to the family

Unfortunately, it is a common occurrence worldwide. Read this or google carbon monoxide poisoning for more such : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4356692/Family-four-killed-carbon-monoxide-poisoning.html

As for the primitive and undignified way authorities handled the deceased, evidenced in topic pics, indicates only the incompetence of state apparatus and not Nigeria in the abstract. Although aesthetic values are the principles here. Individuals will act the same in Biafra, Lagos and Abuja the nation. Divisibility into constituent parts will offer no escape, for mediocre individuals take mediocrity with them.

Were i in charge of recovering those bodies my own initiatives (notice the key word, personal initiatives in any responsibility you're given) would have resulted in a more dignified exit for that tragic family. We all fail Nigeria, we all can make Nigeria great. You,YOU, play a big role in your society!

3 Likes

Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by Tedassie(m): 1:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
kennygee:
I doubt if a day goes by without a news like this from Rivers state, what is going on in that place?
Hellfire recruitment
Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by Platony(m): 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
May der souls rip.
Re: Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) by michoim(m): 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
sayentease:
Chaii..

cry cry

Is this the kind sense level , Fayose and FFK had put you into? It is miserable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Kidnapped & Raped In Enugu, Paid N2m Ransom, 2 Others Killed / 3 Headless Bodies Thrown From Jeep On Ijebu-Ode-Ibadan Road? (BBM) / I Aborted 320 Pregnancies – Abigail, Self-confessed Human Trafficking Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.