Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh (17448 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees / PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Duke University Honorary Degree In Durham (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by pitlaterine(f): 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nigerian author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has been honoured with a Honorary Degree of Doctor of Letters at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.

The award was presented to her at the university’s St Cecilia’s Hall, which happens to be Scotland’s oldest concert hall, by the university’s Principal and Vice Chancellor, Professor Sir Timothy O’Shea, “in recognition of Ms Adichie’s achievements as an author and public intellectual.”

After the presentation, she sat down for an interview at the Edinburgh International Book Festival, an event organized in association with the university’s College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences where she said, 'It is lovely to be in this place, which is hallowed. I feel very fortunate to be included among the people who have been honoured with a degree from this University'.

http://www.looknaija.com/2017/08/chimamanda-adichie-receives-honorary-degree-university-edinburgh-scotland/

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Franco93: 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2017
FTC
chilling with lalasticlala grin

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by signature2012(m): 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nice

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
This woman is just a strong woman

21 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by adeniyi3971(m): 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
I admire this lady alot

Keep up the good one!

10 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
I have so much respect for Adichie.
Igbo kwenu!!!! cheesy

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by orijintv(m): 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
We teach girls to shrink themselves
To make themselves smaller
We say to girls,
"You can have ambition
But not too much
You should aim to be successful
But not too successful
Otherwise you will threaten the man."
Because I am female
I am expected to aspire to marriage
I am expected to make my life choices
Always keeping in mind that
Marriage is the most important
Now marriage can be a source of
Joy and love and mutual support
But why do we teach girls to aspire to marriage
And we don't teach boys the same?
We raise girls to see each other as competitors
Not for jobs or for accomplishments
Which I think can be a good thing
But for the attention of men
We teach girls that they cannot be sexual beings
In the way that boys are
Feminist: the person who believes in the social
Political, and economic equality of the sexes.

Most intelligent feminist i know. One of the few women that really knows what feminism is all about. Not the feminism that disrespects men all in the name of being a feminist.

34 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Osucoward: 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
She's Nigerian not IPOD grin grin grin

Her type will never support Ipod's toxicity and hatred towards other tribes. Na local clowns like Nkem ololoyo and Fayose go support such groups.

Hopefully UN can grant those miscreant their landlocked country soon.

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by 1bunne4lif(m): 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
Well done

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by stevio(m): 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
Congrats Chi.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Dutchey(m): 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
who she elp?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by mrvitalis(m): 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2017
Have you seen people like this support Biafra ??

This are the real Igbo I'm proud to be part of

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Erudite202: 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2017
Unlike Aunty Kemi.. She rep the land of the rising sun. you are free to quote....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by navyseal2220: 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
Igbo women...beauty and brain are like 5 and 6

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Willahpih(m): 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
Great!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by JuneOctober(f): 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
Amazing! Outstanding lady. I love her books kiss

10 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by sosoliso123: 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
good one from her

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Moneyyy: 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
Igbo Kwenu!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Riosystem: 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
Capacity will take u to the top only character will keep you there.

PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE WE ARE EXPERT IN :
ACCESS CONTROL,CCTV & SOLAR INVERTER SYSTEMS.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by apesinola001: 9:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
Good for her

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by JuneOctober(f): 9:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
Osucoward:
She's Nigerian not IPOD grin grin grin

Her type will never support Ipod's toxicity and hatred towards other tribes. Na local clowns like Nkem ololoyo and Fayose go support such groups.

Hopefully UN can grant those miscreant their landlocked country soon.

Someone said Igbos are different from IPOB... How true is that

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by MXrap: 9:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
Omambala born Chimamanda is doing the black race proud. She will be the youngest African to receive the noble prize.

#Congrats

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by SaiNigeria: 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2017
Wole Soyinka the cultist will soon start envying the Igbo Amazon

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2017
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Osucoward: 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2017
JuneOctober:

Someone said Igbos are different from IPOB... How true is that

They're the same.

Chimamanda is a true Nigeria girl.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Godsaves18(m): 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nice one...who knows if this lady is married
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by bedspread: 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nigeria kwenu!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by biokolucky(m): 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2017
wow...congrats to her,... beauty with brain

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nwanyi oma

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by JuneOctober(f): 9:08pm On Aug 29, 2017
Osucoward:

They're the same.

Chimamanda is a true Nigeria girl.

grin not all Igbos I know support Biafra so should they be called IPOB? cheesy but all IPOB are Igbos
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by linearity: 9:08pm On Aug 29, 2017
Dutchey:
who she elp?
Stop looking for handouts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by EvieP(f): 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2017
SaiNigeria:
Wole Soyinka will soon start envying the Igbo Amazon
I'm seeing u in 3d

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Had I Know 18+ / The Broken Oath - A Short Story / "all Protocol Duly Observed": Grammatical Blunder!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.