Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh (17475 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees / PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Duke University Honorary Degree In Durham (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by MTKbudapest(m): 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
Commenting for the previous post abt d dead muslims that are already in hell chilling wit satan

Why those nonsense muslims no die reach ten?

So one have to be a muslim before he or she could comment.

Thunder fire...

Islam is the most satanic religion ever.

Tell bubu that i say so.

Whey i said allah is but a gods some doubted me.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 30, 2017
mrvitalis:
Have you seen people like this support Biafra ??

This are the real Igbo I'm proud to be part of

She is the writer of Half of The Yellow Sun, an epic on Biafra. Please be guided.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by NNAMDIII(m): 1:46am On Aug 30, 2017
God please give me this type of woman as a wife

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Nobody: 5:25am On Aug 30, 2017
adeniyi3971:
I admire this lady alot
Keep up the good one!
she s a great woman.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by wink2015(m): 5:43am On Aug 30, 2017
My question is how many Nigerian University will consider the likes of Chimamanda for such an honour if she had settled in Nigeria doing her literature work? Hardly any? A Nigerian university will first look at her age and say she is too young to be honoured. They rather reserved honorary honours for elderly old mens and women, fake and corrupt politicians, traditional rulers etc But before our very eyes, University of Edinburgh, Scotland is showing Nigeria a good example by giving Honourary Degree to a very young Nigerian who have distinguished herself in the literary business ( literature )

There are so many young Nigerian who are distinguishing themselves and suceeding in their field of specialization both home and abroad but our government in Nigeria especially the tertiary institution do not recognized them. Politicians in Nigeria prefer to consume the bowl of meat reserve for the youth and leave them with no future. Even private institutions have followed the steps of the government to recognized only old people for honours. I think this is wrong: both old and young people should be considered for honours.

if Chimamanda Adichie continue with the standard she has set for herself she will one day become a noble laurette. Even the queen of England recognized her exceptional skills in literature.

Our national honour body should be restructured and reconstituted so that honest and hardworking Nigerians both home and abroad can be recognized and honoured.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by yinkeys(m): 8:18am On Aug 30, 2017
SaiNigeria:
Wole Soyinka the cultist will soon start envying the Igbo Amazon
Probably another Nobel Laureate for Literature loading....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Ugosample(m): 8:30am On Aug 30, 2017
scaramucci:

Exactly! Chimamanda and Beyonce are happily married black women. It beats me how some olosho slay queens, single mothers and baby mamas thinks they are part of them. Those ones got their own definition of feminist all screwed up.

What is wrong with a single mother?

undecided

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by MamusVee(f): 9:35am On Aug 30, 2017
Godsaves18:
Nice one...who knows if this lady is married

she's married with a baby... she's very private with her personal life
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Cyjetty: 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2017
A massive CONGRATULATIONS!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Secret Life Of A Nigerian Teenager / The Broken Oath - A Short Story / "all Protocol Duly Observed": Grammatical Blunder!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.