Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' (18526 Views)

Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC / Husband Of Murdered Corper Stephanie Se-ember Terungwa Arrested By Police / Nigerians React As Corps Member Blesses Corn Seller With Gift And Cash In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Damfostopper(m): 11:43am On Jul 05, 2018
Wetin concern Nysc with person death?...... na Nysc been stop the vehicle from stopping at check point.... or the police man na Nysc official?...... It's like 90% of Nigerians are customised to be illiterates forever....... jobless shithole youths

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by mejai(m): 11:43am On Jul 05, 2018
Where is d bloody driver dat was forming Jason Statham in transporter?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by davillian(m): 11:43am On Jul 05, 2018
The government should scrap this so called NYSC
And just pay graduates 300-500
I'm sure most graduates will kick of from there since there are no jobs.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by ericunited: 11:44am On Jul 05, 2018
Nigerians react! Nigerians react! Na we react pass for the world.. Chemical people!
We go react today, rest tomorrow. Police go still kill next week, we will still react.
Osibanjo is praying, Nigerians are reacting, the plateau is burning, police is killing .
Channel your reaction properly, not on social media

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by lanaVello(m): 11:44am On Jul 05, 2018
Wrong reaction imo.
They should rather condemn animalistic behaviour of most of our policemen!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Damfostopper(m): 11:45am On Jul 05, 2018
calddon:
hw is NYSC d reason she got shot?
you the mind those senseless nitwits .....as if its Nysc pop that killed her

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by GavelSlam: 11:46am On Jul 05, 2018
EmmaOgbu:
Time for state police is now. Meanwhile, that police officer should be sentenced to death by hanging.

So state police wouldn't shoot?

Or they'll be better trained than their US counterparts who don't shoot...oh wait.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2018
Nothing will come out in court..is it not nigeria again?..where justice eludes the common man.As expected the killer cop will probably be transfered to another state while the Judge presiding the case will be bribed by the police to sweep the issue under the carpet.my sincere condolence to the family.what a painful way to lose a child.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by GlobalGisting(m): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2018
EmmaOgbu:
Time for state police is now. Meanwhile, that police officer should be sentenced to death by hanging.

By hanging? Why are you this merciful? That Policeman should be sentenced to death by boiling! Fill a drum with water put him inside and just cook him till there is no life remaining in him. Or better still tie him to a car and drag him all around Abuja. Idiot police men that knows nothing other than bribe!
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by phr33man(m): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2018
NYSC shouldn't be scrapped o. That allowee is something for some people like me who started biz with what I gathered during my service year.

I see the scheme as an opener to opportunities in rural areas for some of us who were born in cities. I'm a living testimony of this.

Besides, objectives of the scheme been achieved or not depends on the individual. To me, it's achieved.

That culprit (police officer) must be charged for murder. It's quite unfortunate for the lady.

May her soul rest in perfect peace and her sins forgiven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Viking007(m): 11:55am On Jul 05, 2018
dominique:
What has NYSC got to do with this?

Did she get stopped by cops because she was a corper?
Was she shot because because she was a corner?
Was she refused treatment because she was a corper?

How EXACTLY is this NYSC's fault?
NYSC posted her to Abuja. undecided
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by b3llo(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2018
chiedu7:
Dem no go stop NYSC!

na way of supplying cheap labour to the North
lie!!! While I was serving in Ondo, most schools depend on corpers for cheap labour
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by dominique(f): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2018
Viking007:
NYSC posted her to Abuja. undecided

What if she got a job in Abuja and this happened, who should we blame then? Her employers?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by SexytorresE(f): 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
Nigerians really knws how to waste their precious time on twitter, Nairaland, facebook or IG. If u like yell from January to December, nothing wil b done to the accuse. The only thing we wil hear is ' he is been arrested" but we wouldn't know if he is been persecuted or not, what am I saying? We Knw how its started but not how it wil end. If u dnt see any reason in what I started, what about the story of d Navy guy in makurdi that shot his girlfriend? What about the story of those OFFA Robbery? What about the story of that guy in Lagos that killed his wife or girlfriend and put her inside bucket last month? What about the story of Dino the jumping senator? And lots more... Just tell me if any of u here have an idea how it ended. Lawless country with their useless common law Once upon a time in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by 9japarrot: 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
I am depress
I 1t 2 die BT I don't HV d mind.
I wish this type of police can shoot me nw

Can you speak out what actually is the cause of your depression?
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Afonja007: 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2018
anibi9674:
NYSC is not the problem but the unprofessional act of the police.
the only people who don't want NYSC disbanded are the northern politicians, what will a guy who went to unizik wiĺl gain by going to zamfara for service if not death by herdsmen or cow rustlers or boko haram too much death in the north
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by classicabdul21: 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2018
Colourich:
They should scrap the programme, its a total waste of 12months.
dont be stupid
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
Metuh:
While some stupidd Nairalanders were here blaming the dead because She won't be able to defend herself by telling us what actually happened.

Some pathetic fools were even asking what she was doing outside late, as if police don't murder citizens during the day.

How can a sane policeman shoot at an open roof car with unarmed poor citizens that has already gone past his checkpoint?

I'm waiting for the remaining occupant of the car to tell us what actually transpired. RIP to the dead.

Don't mind the silly idiots littered here like waste products who managed to escape primary school. What do they know about human life, in as much it does not relate to their families, they don't give a fvck.

Nigeria is in a slum and we are the only Messiah to save it, but with the amount of dullards everywhere, we need to select the wise ones , take them out of this country and release atomic bomb on others whose brain is dead.

Total cleansing. I'm angry. Scrap the stupid NYSC now, before I start protest.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
classicabdul21:
dont be stupid
Don't be insensitive to people's plight.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Metuh: 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
OfficialDad:

Don't mind the silly idiots littered here like waste products who managed to escape primary school. What do they know about human life, in as much it does not relate to their families, they don't give a fvck.

Nigeria is in a slum and we are the only Messiah to save it, but with the amount of dullards everywhere, we need to select the wise ones , take them out of this country and release atomic bomb on others whose brain is dead.

Total cleansing. I'm angry. Scrap the stupid NYSC now, before I start protest.
As in en.... A lot of Nigerians are just too dull.

Some were even suggesting that we should leave protest and start praying for God to come down and confront the government on our behalf. grin. Chai
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
themonk:
The girls death is unfortunate and really calls for discipline of the bearers of fire arms and government executives.

But people saying NYSC should be scrapped because of this are not making sense. This in no way has anything to do with nysc.
You are damn right dear, will government start following u upandan because u are a corper, RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Anglojosite7(m): 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
Please have a life. She was not shot dead because she's a corper. Blame the policeman NOT the service. Kind of people that cannot pass simple exam due to lack of focus.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by emmy9500: 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2018
Please stop blaming the police, we all know they act like fools sometimes but when u don't stop at a police check point I don't think he is wrong to open fire, if you are not a criminal then u should stop. I blame the driver and the hospital.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Horlamidei(m): 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2018
After managing to finish NYSC, they will tell you to be 2-5years working experience b4 considering one for anything. Na dah one dey always vex me pass..
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Yankee101: 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2018
That's a stupid counter reaction. Rather scrap SARS and all road blocks. You meet spouses, get jobs, see the true humanity in other tribes (rather than stereotypes) and build work experience/character during NYSC.

Is it only corps members police have been killing? Her case actually went viral because she's a corps member.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
God will not forgive anyone from west that support this evil government... RIP to her if she didn't vote for APC but suit her very well if she is one of APC internet slay Queen/ keypad warrior
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
EmmaOgbu:
I concur with you, state policing would solved lots of injustice in this country
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
There are lots of injustice in this country until we addressed them, am afraid worst things are still waiting us ahead.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by ItzBIM(m): 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
It does! If she was not serving, she probably wouldn't be in Abj or even be out late to celebrate POP!

So it’s only in abuja u can find trigger happy police, what if she was on her way o church, should church be scrapped as well. This was just an unfortunate incident.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2018
This one na mumu Sha.... sad

Scrap nysc because one girl go club come back for middle of night where 7 police just died for hands of armed robbers, them even no gree wait for check point undecided... You know how many men nysc Don take on a legit. cry cry..

Abegi... Folks say shii when they grief....

Rip/toast to the dead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by KB333(m): 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2018
angryso sad!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them / NYSC 2015 Batch B Registration Details / Female Corper Donates Borehole To Akwa Ibom Community (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.