Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly (17597 Views)

Sirika Arranged With Ethiopian Air To Use Risky Planes For Nigeria Air - Sagay / Presidency Says CNG To Cost ₦‎230 Per Kg / FACTCHECK: One Litre Of Fuel In Nigeria To Cost N462 Without Subsidy? Unlikely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Engrbee(m): 6:51am On Sep 23, 2018
Make we fry beans? undecided
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:52am On Sep 23, 2018
Good decision. I don't fly so it's none of my business.
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by dingbang(m): 6:52am On Sep 23, 2018
But inec can spend 250bn on elections abi?

Please read my signature. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by gatecrash123: 6:53am On Sep 23, 2018
they are thinking about the money they will spend but they have forgotten they will also gain more than that. useless government.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by feldido(m): 6:53am On Sep 23, 2018
These guys just act without thinking... SMH

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 23, 2018
In my opinion I think carrying out a feasibility study should have been the first stop before spending a billion naira on launching of logo.

Anyway it's good it was stopped now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Blackfire(m): 6:53am On Sep 23, 2018
Click like for wakanda.

Click share for lifeless buhari + lifeless airline with lifeless logo.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Fundango: 6:53am On Sep 23, 2018
grin
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by funmike83(f): 6:54am On Sep 23, 2018
Is this really a priority? Anything managed by Nigerians will be mismanaged. ... Thieves everywhere
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Reference(m): 6:59am On Sep 23, 2018
Folks will not ask where is Nigeria Airways, Kabo Air, Okada Air, Chachangi, Bellview, Sosoliso, ADC, etc and etc.
because we are black men, who hate knowledge, donot do post mortems, mount road blocks instead of libraries of criminal science, abhor the study of history so will be eternally condemned to repeat failings.

No one wants to know why the average lifespan of air concerns have been about a decade despite the fact that their owners and promoters have been some of the most endowed, profesaional and savvy business men of their time. Something obviously doesn't add up yet no one wanted to find out before throwing billions into the fire yet again by ignoring he warnings of those burnt to ashes.

Can anyome explain to me why we are this dumb.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Princedapace(m): 6:59am On Sep 23, 2018
So Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, Egypt, etc are all richer than us abi?

Nonsense country. That is why I laugh when I see jobless people support and fight for nigeria and her looting politicians..

How did they start such a project without calculating the cost? They already wasted tax payers money and they should pay for it..

Any ways, I train people on how to work and earn money online..

Kindly check my profile and read my post on how I work and earn money online.. U may be interested

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Popularity(m): 7:00am On Sep 23, 2018
Dem be God! Abeg make dem no dey talk Nigerian air again I don fear. Make them dey write am full Nigeria airline
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Mike008(m): 7:03am On Sep 23, 2018
Typical Nigerians and criticism!
We will not be the first country to have a national carrier, neither it is the first time Nigeria will have a national carrier.
Sometime ago, Nigerians decried the absence of a national carrier, the death of the Nigerian Airways. Today efforts are been made to revive that dream but now it's a bad idea.
Save the cost implications, this idea is plausible and fanciful.
This idea should not go down the drain, a Public Private Partnership will ameliorate the cost implications and reap economic gains.
We want our country back.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by ITbomb(m): 7:10am On Sep 23, 2018
I thought it should be generating revenue for the nation

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Genniez(f): 7:12am On Sep 23, 2018
They are yet to tell Nigerians what they used the billions for..cos I'm not buying the above nonsense.. Just negodi(look at)how they call such huge amount of money like its nothing.. IN SHORT OUR MUMU DON DO..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by poseidon12: 7:13am On Sep 23, 2018
rock003:
And how much will they make yearly as profit...... or loss?

A Nigerian Government business making profit? Are you kidding?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by sinola(m): 7:15am On Sep 23, 2018
Naijaguy12345:

Whoever is behind this project need his/her head slapped. 180 Billion Naira is a lot of money to be wasted when we know the history of Nigeria and poor management.

My dear...if we continue to have this mindset,we will still remain where we are now....i suggest that we kick-start the project and spend the money.It is a thing of national honor that we are seeing our national carrier above board.This same money if not invested in this project will still go into private pockets and will not be accounted for so it is better they invest it on Nigerians by going on this project.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:17am On Sep 23, 2018
Naijaguy12345:

Whoever is behind this project need his/her head slapped. 180 Billion Naira is a lot of money to be wasted when we know the history of Nigeria and poor management.

I need this video where can l get it to download? Very hilarious.
This is where Mr Patrick got his inspiration from in YAHOO PLUS comedy skit

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by bantudra: 7:18am On Sep 23, 2018
what a waste of money....why even try....??

their are already private airlines in nigeria....i dont get this nigeria airways nonesense.... undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by sinola(m): 7:20am On Sep 23, 2018
CheapDataGuy:
Abeq no be by force to get airways oo. Use tht money do another better thing

They will embezzle the money and you and I will not know...let them continue with the national carrier project joor
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Naijaguy12345(m): 7:21am On Sep 23, 2018
sinola:

My dear...if we continue to have this mindset,we will still remain where we are now....i suggest that we kick-start the project and spend the money.It is a thing of national honor that we are seeing our national carrier above board.This same money if not invested in this project will still go into private pockets and will not be accounted for so it is better they invest it on Nigerians by going on this project.
This is 2018 not the 70s. Airline shouldn't be run by a national government . Even the richest countries out there, their airlines are being run by investors and shareholders.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Kobicove(m): 7:21am On Sep 23, 2018
We all knew this project was not viable from the beginning undecided
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Naijaguy12345(m): 7:24am On Sep 23, 2018
Ghostmode2two:

I need this video where can l get it to download? Very hilarious

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/ImpureScarceAsianwaterbuffalo
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Proffdada: 7:27am On Sep 23, 2018
It's meant to be generating money angry
What sort of white elephant project is this?

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Proffdada: 7:28am On Sep 23, 2018
Engrbee:
Make we fry beans? undecided
it seems you don't know what the topic is.

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Olodo24: 7:34am On Sep 23, 2018
the money is small for a country like Nigeria.
They're not even talking about how much profit they'll make
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by AlphaStyles(m): 7:43am On Sep 23, 2018
If they can provide money for this then our military budget should be increased
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 23, 2018
edunwablog:

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/09/nigeria-air-to-cost-nation-n180b-yearly.html

no light inside the plane wey u even use as image. Doomed country
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by don4real18(m): 7:51am On Sep 23, 2018
180million may be much but we should look at how much we will generate.
Who drafted the business plan that did not go through serious investigation
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by Reference(m): 7:56am On Sep 23, 2018
sinola:

America is the most patriotic leaning country in the world and knows what honour is a about. They have no national carrier yet they have the largest aerospace industry in the world and have sent men to the moon, so they know how to spend and waste money yet not one penny (cent) of government money is in airlines. Even at the height of the financial crises when banks and autos were getting bailouts, airlines were not given money. Think man.

All prime European countries have since sold thier national carriers and fled save the French who have this never say die attitude even though Air France is bleeding the government dry. And these are countires with excellent aerospace industries, good economies, vast experience and competent management skills, high patronage due to high standards of living and minimal corruption. Yet.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by frozen70(f): 8:34am On Sep 23, 2018
This Nigeria Air, is like a sickle cell child and Nigeria is their parents

Every time they revive this airline after a while it goes to comatose

Just like the way AS & AS parents keep giving birth to sickle cell child and after a while the child will die

If not having a national carrier is one of our major problems in Nigeria let's drop it and face other things that needs our financial attention
Re: Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly by ehinja: 8:39am On Sep 23, 2018
N180 billion yearly as mentioned is very misleading in the context in which the article is wriiten.
How is the sum arrived at and based on what indices? Is the airline going to be operating for free and not generating any revenue?
Yes a Beoing 777 (A wide body aircraft) cost over $300 million dbut who says it must be wide body aircraft. A narrow body aircraft the likes of Airbus 320's and Beoing737-8 series cost about $72 million.
Again who says it has to be a brand new aircraft that Nigeria Air has to start with. There is the option of leasing aircrafts be it under a wetlease (aircraft and crew) or drylease( aircraft only).
Emirates (one of the largest airlines today) started with 2 wetleased aircraft from Pakistan International Airline in 1985.
If Ethiopia can run a succesful airline by all international standards the question we need to ask is why can we not do the same?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Falana: Our Lawyers Waited For 4 Hours To Receive Sowore / APC Condemns Sealing Of New PDP Office. / Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.