Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,016 members, 7,832,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! (32480 Views)

5 Nigerian Superstitions And Beliefs That Will Kill You Before Your Time / Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals / Silly Beliefs That You Know Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by naturaltee(f): 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2010
while growing up, i remember my mum used to tel me dat when my palm scratches it means money is coming my way grin i believed and somhow it worked for me, funny but true.

also had som other beliefs dat when u have a sore throat, u shouldnt tel anyone, just wake up early in the morning look for a crack on the wall, open ur mouth wide and blow air into the crack 3x and the sore throat will be gone grin

Another is that if i dash my foot against a stone while walking is a bad signal that somthing terrible is about taking place( though not yet proven)

pls come along n share ur superstitious beliefs dat has or hasnt worked for u n lets have fun grin

3 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Okijajuju1(m): 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2010
Remedy for Hiccups

Put a short string of thread on your head.

Verdict: Tried, Tested and proven to work

Remedy for Hiccup

Pour a glass of water and swallow seven gulps

Verdist: Works some of the time

Do not spit directly into the toilet

Resultant effect: Sore Throat

8 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Okijajuju1(m): 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2010
Do not sweep at night

Myth: Said to pursue wealth.

1 Like

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by gongoaso1: 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2010
Okija_juju:

Remedy for Hiccups

Do not spit directly into the toilet

Resultant effect: Sore Throat

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin cheesy grin
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by naturaltee(f): 7:05am On Aug 11, 2010
i tot dat putin thread on ur head for hiccup was only for children?

4 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Damalex4luv(m): 7:34am On Aug 11, 2010
Do not eat directly inside the pot,it may cause you being olodo.

4 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Okijajuju1(m): 10:40am On Aug 11, 2010
naturaltee:

i tot dat putin thread on your head for hiccup was only for children?

Funny enough it also works for adults. I'm a living testimony.

@ Topic

Kids are not supposed to drink coconut water

Reason: It affects their brain. Makes them dunces.

When a lighting strikes, smack your lips twice

Effect: It deflects the lightening away from you.
Explanation in Pidgin English: Thunder no go fire you.

Do not whistle (mouth whistle) @ night

Reason: It attracks evil spirits

6 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Heeyhun(f): 11:18am On Sep 25, 2012
If u unknowingly wear d wrong side of ur cloth, be happy, money is coming. Works most times for me

9 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Garriisback: 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
angry angry angry

49 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by alkadriyar(m): 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
Your thought creates ur reality.
"as a man thinketh so is he..........."

3 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Gepheral: 1:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
Nice thread
@Okija, am feeling yah
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by funmeme(f): 1:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
If u spit on the floor and another person steps on it, u will av sore throat. It works a lot of time...wonder y...
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by kcstyle40(m): 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
Does taking oath work? Asin wen u cant kip the oath ( sworn oath not blood oath) does it have effect on d defaulter?

1 Like

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by frankmoney(m): 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
If yhu wake up in d mawnin wit a neck pain dnt talk 2 anybody jes use ur saliva nd rub d area yhu hv d pains .pain will go immediatly #tested & proven
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by methodman(m): 1:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
Funny but i dont believe in all dis stuffs. i heard if someone shud go to the market and den bends down to look in between his/her legs....Na different kind of Ghosts and evil spirits person go deh see. I think i will try dis out soon sef. Lol

5 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by wonlasewonimi: 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
When I was young, if I wanted my parents to forget my misdeeds, I'd just pull few strands of my eyelashes and put it on my head.

4 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Gepheral: 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
Garri_is_back: angry angry angry
Funny Creative fella.. cheesy
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by methodman(m): 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
Your username funny die....

2 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by cheddarking(m): 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ahh...
Growing up as a 'Razz' boy in a 'Razz' area of Lagos state, I remember these primary school superstitions:

When you see two dogs mating/Gangbang1ng, drive a nail into the ground...and they will be hooked until you 'release' them

When you see a hawk/pigeon/random bird flying about, aim your hand at it, and then pull back your middle/index/any finger and the bird will keep flying round in circles

When you see a bunch of Herons flying about, start singing "Leke Leke, Gbamileke" and white spots will appear on your fingers.

When you spit on the floor, wipe it with your feet or you will get a sore throat...

grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by movmentish(m): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2012
wonlasewonimi:
When I was young, if I wanted my parents to forget my misdeeds, I'd just pull few strands of my eyelashes and put it on my head.
Worked for awhile until I took their car for a spin with my frnds and bashed it up when I was in SS1,aswear dem no forget am

4 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by mako007(m): 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
wonlasewonimi:
Lol, did sumtin quite similar, pull few strands on my eyelashes mixed it up with some stick of broom then place it beneath the foot mat, once my dad/mum crosses over it the case becomes history. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Kslib(m): 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
Damalex4luv: Do not eat directly inside the pot,it may cause you being olodo.
No wonder my neighbor pickin no wan get sense....

8 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by muteEcho: 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2012

Buhahahahahaha!
Okay this is creatively funny.
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
okija juju grew up with an adult
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by DICKtator: 1:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
I know a particular one that involves writing the name of your enemy on a piece of paper and burning the paper. The person would fall ill.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
If you want your tooth to grow back, when it falls off, take it and run round the house once and throw it on the roof of the house *smh* I did this, but nah pure job
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Toks2008(m): 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
What many people don't realize is that faith is the driving force behind any form of belief.

If you have faith in your TV and you hold the tv in the morning and believe that if you kiss the screen 7 times, you will get good fortune that day and you believe so much in that,you will surely meet good fortune that day.

The bible says all things are possible to he that believe.Mark 9:23

The question is "Who do you hinge your believe on? Who is is the source of your faith"?

Jehovah or the devil?

13 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
When you are pressed beyound measure and there was no nearby restroom to pass out dung, just put some saliva on your navel and you will be relieved till you get to the toilet. This worked for me many times, especially when coming back from primary school after eating all sorts of junk.

2 Likes

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by chidyke77(m): 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
Old thread not even up to 3 months it featured on front page here.
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Fourcade(m): 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
sadeiyare: If you want your tooth to grow back, when it falls off, take it and run round the house once and throw it on the roof of the house *smh* I did this, but nah pure job

...and if another animal apart from a lizard picks it ,it won't grow.
Could be that be the reason for some spaces....
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
When you pee in open air, make sure you attach some saliva to your urine after you have urinated, so that no body can come and pee on your urine and make their manhood bigger at the detriment of yours. lol

1 Like

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by hrhobi1(m): 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
naturaltee: while growing up, i remember my mum used to tel me dat when my palm scratches it means money is coming my way grin i believed and somhow it worked for me, funny but true.

also had som other beliefs dat when u have a sore throat, u shouldnt tel anyone, just wake up early in the morning look for a crack on the wall, open ur mouth wide and blow air into the crack 3x and the sore throat will be gone grin

Another is that if i dash my foot against a stone while walking is a bad signal that somthing terrible is about taking place( though not yet proven)

pls come along n share ur superstitious beliefs dat has or hasnt worked for u n lets have fun grin

You be confirm Bini Girl, He clear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"This Bastard Snake Passed My In-Law's Leg And Entered My Shop" - Lady / Accident Kills Lady 5 Days To Her Wedding On Onitsha/Owerri Road (Graphic Pics) / Dangote Truck Runs Into Cars, Burst Into Flames In Asaba, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.