Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others (41344 Views)

Election: ‘Even If Peter Obi Concedes Defeat, We’ll Not Accept’ – Charly Boy / NLC To Wike: You’ll Kill All Workers In Nigeria, We’ll Not Support You / Tinubu - "We’ll Not Allow Detractors Divide Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by tommenoh(m): 6:54am On Jan 27, 2019
sarrki:
The Federal Government has warned against foreign interference into the nation’s affairs, capable of creating apprehension, distrust among citizens or undermining the transparency and acceptability of outcomes of the nation’s electoral process.

Malam Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, gave the warning in a statement in Abuja on Saturday.

The presidential aide was apparently reacting to statements issued by some foreign countries including the United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (U.S.A.) and the European Union, over the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen by President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday.

President Buhari also swore-in the acting Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Ibrahim Tanko, to replace Onnoghen, pending final determination of the cases against him.

However, Shehu stated that the federal government condemned “any interference or perception management that promotes apprehension,citizens distrust or undermines the transparency and acceptability of the outcomes of our electoral process.

“Nigeria reserves the right to be insulated from suggestions and or interference with respect to wholly internal affairs and commends international laws,customs and norms that mandate and require nations and the comity to respect this prerogative to all.

“Nigeria is confident of its electoral processes and her preparation for the imminent elections and the federal government has supported the independent electoral umpire in both its independence and resources needed to accomplish our desire and insistence on free and fair elections’’.

According to him, the federal government welcomes the prevailing keen interest and partnerships for successful elections and a peaceful Nigeria.

He added that the government had ensured the independence of all organs, institutions and arms of government to “perform their functions in a manner that is transparent, and not lacking in integrity whether institutionally or by persons within such institutions or organs.’’

He pledged that the government would continue to do this.

He said: “Although the question of foreign interference, whether state sponsored, promoted or otherwise has dominated recent elections and outcomes globally, the federal government assures citizens and the global community that it will fiercely and assiduously promote the will and the right of Nigerians to choose and elect their leaders without pressure or assistance from persons or entities that are not constitutionally empowered to participate in the process.’’

The presidential media aide enjoined the citizens to confidently exercise their franchise in an orderly manner with the assurance of the federal government to their security during and after the electoral process.

He reiterated the readiness of the nation’s security forces to confront any plan or attempt to interfere with or disrupt the process whether by elements within or from outside the country

http://thenationonlineng.net/well-not-allow-meddling-affairs-fg-warns/
Ordinary boko haram, una no fit handle but to d spew nonsense, d sweet u belle. Comon, komot here! Talk is cheap, but noble action to avert such condemnation, is rocket science!

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by ada9ja(f): 6:58am On Jan 27, 2019
those saying the FG spokeperson shud watch his utterances are fools, when UK, US are in crisis or having issues, do FG come in?there were claims where buhari was called lifeless, u people celebrated the person (trump) and since it has not left u peoples mouth n now that FG has the balls to defend our walls, u na dey talk. PDP fools

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 27, 2019
really?... a lifeless & redundant anscestor/dumb cohorts wants to take on the western world? l laugh in chinko....

#WHEN A BUTTERFLY COMPARES ITSELF TO AN EAGLE...... #DELUSION GRANDEUR
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:05am On Jan 27, 2019
heendrix:

War what? lol is it those scrap NAF gather you call war planes? trust me those planes wount leave Egypt shores bfr they are declared missing grin grin

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by maj007(m): 7:05am On Jan 27, 2019
sarrki:

I do agree boss that we are a sovereign nation

Having said that FG at this period needs friends and not enemies

That’s what the opposition is trying to do and federal government is playing to there hands

At this point, UK an USA are not friends with this administration. Their secret desire is for a PDP and corruption to return. Why? Because they benefit from it.

Last year HSBC, a British bank shut down Nigerian operation because there is no more stolen funds from Nigeria to transfer. UK has not supported our efforts to arrest Deziani obviously becuase larger part of the fund she stole is hidden in their economy.

And US eating her vomit by allowing a wanted Atiku into their country to aid his campaign effort obviously shows they have choosen a side. They are already uncomfortable with PMB' s romance with China.

Baba should not be dettered. He should continue with in-house cleaning. We cannot have currupt judges working for the opposition.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by lastmessenger: 7:07am On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

I repeat, I'm sure you mean China.

your Sudanese pig even depend on foreigners to prolong his life and here you are running mouth.one small sanction by the Western world and Nigeria will be worse than Venezuela.
Stop boasting like you can stand on your two feet.If they can sanction Syria and north Korea then Nigeria is a piece of shit to them.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by IbrahimDamola: 7:08am On Jan 27, 2019
Garbage shehu and dumbohari should shut their shit-filled mouth. When the doofus was desperate to grab power in 2015, he was running from US to UK seeking endorsement and licking the butts of Obama, Americans and Brits and calling himself a 'converted democrat'.

He is a bastard, beast of no nation according to Fela, he will not survive what is about to hit him. The world will cook for him and he won't finish it. I spit on his bald vulture skull.
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Kinggmax: 7:08am On Jan 27, 2019
ideynl1:
FG should deploy war planes, gunships and aircraft carrier around the US border to serve as a serious warning to them.

Its time we send our military to our foreign allies within US for war drill so that they will know the Baba means business. Baba show them he is a 6-star General.
U be mumu like your senseless buhari... Your army cannot face boko haram talkless of US army... No wonder all APC well wishers are all ignorance like their presidential candidate
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by propsvila: 7:10am On Jan 27, 2019
Wait it seems that these Government has decided to destroy this country by fire or by force. Can Nigeria withstand US, UK or EU sanctions now. It is unfortunate that it is the ordinary people that will suffer the consequences. I see Nigeria heading towards revolution.
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by chiboy1116: 7:11am On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

Sarrki, I disagree.

What right does any nation have to suggest to us how we must handle an impasse ?

Have we ever suggested to Trump how he must handle Pelosi?

Does Nigeria dictate to May how she must relate with Corbyn?

When we needed arms for Boko Haram, was it not on a cash before purchase and oh you must wait a few years before delivery?

No nation can dictate to us.
oya go and beat Dem na ... undecided
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by lastmessenger: 7:12am On Jan 27, 2019
ada9ja:
those saying the FG spokeperson shud watch his utterances are fools, when UK, US are in crisis or having issues, do FG come in?there were claims where buhari was called lifeless, u people celebrated the person (trump) and since it has not left u peoples mouth n now that FG has the balls to defend our walls, u na dey talk. PDP fools
when the Sudanese is pig is sick where does he run to? Why does he not go to daura and get treated by the Fulani's that he trusted so much.
Strong countries like Syria and North Korea can do things for themselves and yet under sanctions by the western world they are feeling the pain.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Okoroawusa: 7:16am On Jan 27, 2019
sarrki:
In as much I believe Nigeria is a sovereign state

We need check and balances

Then we don’t need the foreign Aid then

Federal government spokespersons should be careful of there utterances
I totally disagree with u on this one.

sarrki:

I totally disagree with u on this one.

Did Nigeria issue any statement on Trump's
sack of US Attorney General, Sack of FBI
Director n Shut down of Government for 30days
that has impoverished workers?.What about his
childish rantings n antics with Nancy Pelosi the
Speaker of the Congress?
America is now meddling in the affairs of Venezuela, a sovereign nation n planning on how to topple its government. Just as they did in Iraq,Syria,Somalia, Yemen n Lybia. Today those countries are barely existing.
Trump shut down govt for almost a month.Did u see any country or international body condemning such a dictatorship?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by nextnear(m): 7:16am On Jan 27, 2019
sarrki:

Last last you go dey alright
lol, then finally that is the end.
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by SimplePlan34: 7:17am On Jan 27, 2019
Nigeria gone to the dogs
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by nextnear(m): 7:18am On Jan 27, 2019
ideynl1:
FG should deploy war planes, gunships and aircraft carrier around the US border to serve as a serious warning to them.

Its time we send our military to our foreign allies within US for war drill so that they will know the Baba means business. Baba show them he is a 6-star General.
suicide mission
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Numlock: 7:20am On Jan 27, 2019
Make US just knack us ban small naa or UK. grin
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 27, 2019
ideynl1:

I laugh hysterically very hard. You must be kidding. U. S will level your entire country within minutes with bomb, missiles. In fact, they won't even lose any soldier in doing that. Very funny guy. Na Cameroon dem go even use finish una. Israel won't even lift a single finger. Abeg pack well
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Princedapace(m): 7:23am On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

The other nation's should shut their trap.

As much as we need allies, we would not be any nation's man Friday.

Respect is reciprocal.

France is having its own issues with protests, let the western world dictate to France.

This one na noise u dey make. Go ask countries that are under heavy business sactions how market. Na sactions wey them hammar Zimbabwe made that country a sick country till date. In the global politics u don't talk anyhow.

If them hammer u with sactions eh, for a country like nigeria that can't manufacture 40% of her internal needs, we go turn beggars completely..pls I keep saying this. If anything goes wrong, the political class have made enough to wah. Na u and I and our families go hear am.

Even though I know I can escape, but do I av the capacity to carry my sisters and mom and wife out at the same time?

Many countries are in chaos now due to issues like this. Nigeria is multi ethnic country and very sensitive too. Ur president doesn't know this. It hurts me when ordinary citizens support these people. I'm sure his lovely kid is way secure in case there is a break out of chaos. I foresee chaos since the opposition parties are not accepting the process so far. E go bloody becus some people are ready to die for Buhari and some people are ready to die for pdp. Gradually it can become an ethnic chaos. We just need to be careful. What is wrong is wrong bro.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by bkool7(m): 7:24am On Jan 27, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
But when you need loan, international assistance to fight Boko Haram and customer to buy your crude oil, you run to them abi

Mumu government
Which country doesn't collect loans?

The US is the leading collector of loans. As any country meddled in their internal affairs because of that?
Pdp is being apprehensive because of its antecedents
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Numlock: 7:24am On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

I repeat, I'm sure you mean China.

Your gra gra too much and you no know anything.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by babeosisi: 7:26am On Jan 27, 2019
Buhari is a goat
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by PapaAdanna: 7:29am On Jan 27, 2019
No be dis same APC led administration that was crying to international community wen they were opposition. It is a shame that most of youths are believing the hypocrisy of Buhari and his evil govt.

We must kick impunity out of Nigeria
Buhari is incompetent in every sense of it and must be stopped ASAP before it's too late.
This is for all the well meaning Nigerians and not for the slaves and Zombies.
It is a collective goal to kick Buhari back to daura

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by hfc80: 7:30am On Jan 27, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

But when you need loan, you run to them for help .

is the loan free?
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by shedy03(m): 7:34am On Jan 27, 2019
ideynl1:

Idiot. Ordinary crude boko haram the Nigerian govt could not curtail.
You zombie APC followers are all like your master, you are all brainwashed and do only as instructed just like buhari is running errands for the cabals.
Did u say our foreign allies? Stupid allies. Now that you have your terrorist master as president, you think its OK to go to war with any power. You are crazy.
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by LZAA: 7:36am On Jan 27, 2019
sarrki:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Immhotep ohhhh
Cc velocity25 justiceleague1 deomelo imperialyoruba passingshot

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Clvot: 7:38am On Jan 27, 2019
ideynl1:

. grin You mean it ,and yet Boko Haram could not be Defeated ,it's US they want to face I laugh in Swahili

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by superlanny(m): 7:40am On Jan 27, 2019
sarrki:

do you really understand how the international system works, Nigeria is a sovereign state and no matter the aid received from either US or UK, it doesn't give them the right to meddle in our affairs, don't know why we still hold on to that slave mentally.
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Ashnoor(m): 7:40am On Jan 27, 2019
[quote author=awelekiti post=75149007] dsame westerners u dey talk r d ones planning to stop d use fuel to greenplant
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by shedy03(m): 7:41am On Jan 27, 2019
maj007:

At this point, UK an USA are not friends with this administration. Their secret desire is for a PDP and corruption to return. Why? Because they benefit from it.

Last year HSBC, a British bank shut down Nigerian operation because there is no more stolen funds from Nigeria to transfer. UK has not supported our efforts to arrest Deziani obviously becuase larger part of the fund she stole is hidden in their economy.

And US eating her vomit by allowing a wanted Atiku into their country to aid his campaign effort obviously shows they have choosen a side. They are already uncomfortable with PMB' s romance with China.

Baba should not be dettered. He should continue with in-house cleaning. We cannot have currupt judges working for the opposition.
Everybody benefits from corruption. This man shouting anti corruption/anti opposition also benefited from corruption.
Serious corruption and looting is still going on under your Mr integrity. Just stay blind and impoverished zombie follower.

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Awoo88: 7:42am On Jan 27, 2019
How I wish the USA and UK will just impose sanctions on this government!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

New Video Of Ebele Obiano And Bianca Ojukwu Shows What Really Happened / Breaking: President Buhari To Visit Akwa Ibom State On Monday. / Blame Buhari For Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.