Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,872 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) (35146 Views)

ISWAP Kills Eight People In Maiduguri, Including 3 Soldiers / 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) / Family Of 7 Killed In Benin By Suspected Generator Fumes (Graphic Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by bennynaza(m): 11:14am On Jul 23, 2019
Who then rescued their dead bodies
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by lawdrigo: 11:15am On Jul 23, 2019
This story line get K leg.. I Don't believe this..
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by PrincessB1(f): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2019
Nawa for this story oh
Why did he carried the genenerator along with him to the pit? Is it a source of light or what

Ayam not understanding sad
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Tzadeola(m): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2019
I don't understand gen inside soak away!!! Was the gen supposed to soak the water in the soak away?? Any ways R.I.P!!! and when y'all are coming to this world again go to school attend classes don't skip class for irrelevant things!!!!
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Sampao: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2019
simplelex:
nor vex too,he carried the gen inside the pit to do what exactly?
I beg help me ask again o.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by anytexy: 11:25am On Jul 23, 2019
fowl and Cow story.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Blitz4real(m): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2019
No.9 really tried is name is Arikuyeri
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by ekene247(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2019
PrincessB1:
Nawa for this story oh
Why did he carried the genenerator along with him to the pit? Is it a source of light or what

Ayam not understanding sad

The hausa boy carried water pumping generator inside the well to pump out the bad water.
So the carbon got him killed when he went inside because the inside of the well/tank has been so choked with the carbon as there was no ventilation.

Others were curious as why he died inside, one person went in to rescue the hausa guy only to be choked and fall inside the water, the 3rd went to rescue his friend only for same thing to happen to him, it continues like that till the 9th man who went in and noticed that inside was so hot and choking.
He immidiatly knew that it was too much accumulated generator carbon that was killing them.
He rushed out and warned that nobody should go inside until something is done.

The generator finally fall inside the water and stopped, they allowed long time for ventilation to increase in the well/tank before bringing out the dead bodies.

This is the report I heard and I verily believe it to be true

3 Likes

Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by paix(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2019
I still cannot understand why the man decided to use the generator inside the pit.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2019
Don't blive this shitty story
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by PrincessB1(f): 11:32am On Jul 23, 2019
ekene247:

The hausa boy carried water pumping generator inside the well to pump out the bad water.
So the carbon got him killed when he went inside because the inside of the well/tank has been so choked with the carbon as there was no ventilation.

Others were curious as why he died inside, one person went in to rescue the hausa guy only to be choked and fall inside the water, the 3rd went to rescue his friend only for same thing to happen to him, it continues like that till the 9th man who went in and noticed that inside was so hot and choking.
He immidiatly knew that it was too much accumulated generator carbon that was killing them.

The generator finally fall inside the water and stopped, they allowed long time for ventilation to increase in the well/tank before bringing out the dead bodies.

Oh no! embarassed
Such a painful exit.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Antichristus: 11:34am On Jul 23, 2019
daddytime:
Illiteracy and lack of awareness are indeed worse than suicide.

Reading the account of how these young lads met their untimely death is just like watching a zombie movie.

They literally walked in one after another to their deaths without anyone before the last victim knowing any better.

So sad a way to die an avoidable death.

May their souls find rest and strength to their families I pray.

When you deny generations sound education, the citizenry displays fatal buffoonery as demonstrated in this news item.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by bigtt76(f): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2019
I'm still trying to understand what joined generator inside the pit to draw water out except OP meant pumping machine undecided

hisgrace090:
This is foolishness personified unless they never told us the exact happening, may their soul rest in peace as we await to hear what killed them.

1 Like

Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by bluebay(m): 11:41am On Jul 23, 2019
What does Dirty water removed from a a soakaway pit gat to do with Hausa putting generator INSIDE PIT?
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2019
Imagine this kind of fake news.
The first person entered, second, third till the 7th!
And yet there was a ladder inside the pit!
Did anybody notice the ladder? undecided
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Enoch07: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2019
Hope it's not village people ooooo blaming generator fumes is becoming the trend
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by 3kay945(m): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2019
ekene247:

Is it easy for fumes without fire to kill adults that are not asleep like this Am just asking o
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by BULLIONVAN4(m): 11:47am On Jul 23, 2019
ekene247:

Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Weathered: 11:48am On Jul 23, 2019
Reading the article left me with more questions than answers. Nothing was said how the kids died.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Kemight15: 11:49am On Jul 23, 2019
Really sad

So how did they bring them out then

No way out before death but way out after death.
R.I.P to them

1 Like

Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Henrichemeka(m): 11:52am On Jul 23, 2019
What a pity!
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by metroid(m): 11:55am On Jul 23, 2019
Tzadeola:
I don't understand gen inside soak away!!! Was the gen supposed to soak the water in the soak away?? Any ways R.I.P!!! and when y'all are coming to this world again go to school attend classes don't skip class for irrelevant things!!!!

Petrol engine powered water pump that's what they are calling gen
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by metroid(m): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2019
simplelex:
nor vex too,he carried the gen inside the pit to do what exactly?

It's a petrol engine powered water pump not gen

1 Like

Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Bleiz(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2019
Confined space.

Obviously the oxygen level in that pit won't even sustain a man for long. Imagine what will happen when a generator is put inside the same space?

The best way to rescue someone working in a confined space is to enter the space with a Self Contained Breathing apparatus.

Basic knowledge of health, safety and environment would have kept them alive.

1 Like

Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by golddeejay(m): 12:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
Efuaye:
This story doesn't add up at all.
Fume (Co2) isn't an instantaneous killer!
This could just be a case of an electric shock.
What do I know anyway.
CO

1 Like

Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by pinkygurl(f): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2019
exynos:
8 people died in the early hours of today as a result of Generator fume poisoning.

It was gathered that one hausa man was asked to remove dirty water from a soakaway pit, But he ignorantly took the generator set with him inside the pit and switched it on, then tragedy occurred!

embarassed
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by rummmy: 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2019
gwarotango:
I'm 100% certain that it was the Fulani herdsmen who forced them to inhale the generator fumes.
grin grin grin ;DHeading says enugu, the story says enugu ezike.... I don't know why I refuse to believe this fake story..... Fulani herdsmen are involved.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by golddeejay(m): 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
With Nigeria we will never know what chemical reactions happened in that pit.

One I can think of "zero" oxygen. The gen giving out lot of CO in a tight space...that is a poisonous gas plus part of fume and limited oxygen converting to CO2 which should be breathe out. They guys might have breathe a lot of that. Also they are other chemical and poisonous gas in that pit.

I wish we live in a country that do proper analysis and investigation.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Antichristus: 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2019
ekene247:

Years ago, in my primary school days, we read a story in a book whose two main characters are Mr Lion and Mr Tortoise. Lion sent a message to all the animals in the wild that he is so ill in his den, he couldn’t step/move an inch, and would appreciate it if other animals in the forest would come and pay him visits. Moronic animals thought well now that the Lion is ill and can’t move an inch, he can’t kill them for food. So they decided to go and pay him a visit, potentially to see him in his feeble and powerless state. Each entered the den but never came out. Mr Lion was only playing trick on them. He ate them all. One day, following some deep reflections, Mr Tortoise decided to visit Mr Lion, on arriving the den’s entrance, he noticed animals footprints - all in one direction (entering the den or cave, no return journeys), using what philosophers call deductive reasoning, Mr Tortoise reasoned - and quite correctly - that all the animals that went into the Lion’s cave did so perilously. Decidedly, he wilfully terminated what could have otherwise become a fatal journey into the Lion’s den, averting what could have been his untimely death.

Sometime later, Mr Lion encountered Mr Tortoise in the latter’s hideout which was beyond the reach of the former, and a conversation ensued. “I was ill, Mr Tortoise, but unlike all other animals in the forest, you failed to visit me,” said Mr Lion. “Oh King of the wilderness, I left home to come and say hello to you and to wish you a quick recovery. However, on arriving your mighty gates, left widely opened, I carefully noticed footprints showing none of the animals that went in returned because none of the footprints showed returned journeys. What happened to them Mr Lion?” Mr Tortoise asked? “Is that why you didn’t come in?” asked Mr Lion. “Yes, I’ll love to know what becomes of those that visited you before visiting,” answered Mr Tortoise, who felt that if antelopes, squirrels, et al., who are fast runners couldn’t escape from the Lion’s den, he an extremely slow-paced walker had no chance of escaping unscathed. In response, Mr Lion said “Oh you wise and clever Tortoise, your wisdom has compensated for your weaknesses over and above more powerful and agile species who nonetheless lacked wisdom.”

Moral of the story? Look before you leap. Sensibility not physicality is what matters.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2019
The goddess of the earth have eaten to her fill. Aru!
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by uuzba(m): 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2019
daddytime:
Illiteracy and lack of awareness are indeed worse than suicide.

Reading the account of how these young lads met their untimely death is just like watching a zombie movie.

They literally walked in one after another to their deaths without anyone before the last victim knowing any better.

So sad a way to die an avoidable death.

May their souls find rest and strength to their families I pray.
This one has passed illiteracy.
Are we sure someone didn't purposely do this to kill these guys?
We are in 2019. I cannot believe people are still illiterate in this year.
We are in the Future already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chinasa Pauline Agbata: Killer of female UNIZIK student, arrested / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Doka Avong, Kaduna, Kill 6 People, Many Declared Missing / Man Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Suspicion His Landlord Sleeping With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.