Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) (35149 Views)

ISWAP Kills Eight People In Maiduguri, Including 3 Soldiers / 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) / Family Of 7 Killed In Benin By Suspected Generator Fumes (Graphic Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by uuzba(m): 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2019
golddeejay:
With Nigeria we will never know what chemical reactions happened in that pit.

One I can think of "zero" oxygen. The gen giving out lot of CO in a tight space...that is a poisonous gas plus part of fume and limited oxygen converting to CO2 which should be breathe out. They guys might have breathe a lot of that. Also they are other chemical and poisonous gas in that pit.

I wish we live in a country that do proper analysis and investigation.
We can't just keep wishing.
One guy I usually bash about Nigeria jaga-jaga just tells me, "Be the change you want to see in others".
I wasn't so good in chemistry, but If must revise it to be able to do chemical analysis, so be it.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by lonelydora: 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2019
exynos:
8 people died in the early hours of today as a result of Generator fume poisoning.

It was gathered that one hausa man was asked to remove dirty water from a soakaway pit, But he ignorantly took the generator set with him inside the pit and switched it on, then tragedy occurred!

What killed is not the generator fumes but the leaking of Ammonia gas on the soakaway. A similar incidence happened in Ogoni few years back.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by golddeejay(m): 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
uuzba:

We can't just keep wishing.
One guy I usually bash about Nigeria jaga-jaga just tells me, "Be the change you want to see in others".
I wasn't so good in chemistry, but If must revise it to be able to do chemical analysis, so be it.
I hear you. I am on way to buy all this apparatus & everything I will need.

Hope you know a sane country will have environmental science and safety body that does that kind of thing? For knowledge and prevention of future occurrence/impending calamity. What poisonous thing that killed those men in that pit may still be a threat to that community.

Since you want a programmer to do that job, I am heading off to Enugu.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by losky83: 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2019
exynos:
8 people died in the early hours of today as a result of Generator fume poisoning.

It was gathered that one hausa man was asked to remove dirty water from a soakaway pit, But he ignorantly took the generator set with him inside the pit and switched it on, then tragedy occurred!

l do not understand.generator in pit?for what?.is this story really true because its not making sense.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2019
I thought igbos has more dura Maya than hausa, see how one aboki cleverly lore 6 igbos to thier end.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by bellina715(f): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2019
[quote author=donbachi post=80545548]What do u expect from a country where people died on road accident but their deadbodies were flown by plane back to their state....a country where people bathed with salt because of ebola...a country where,they will ask you if you have old television and telephone,that they want the mecury inside,that it cost 50million naira.for television and telephone wey no reach 100k...e no go better 4 d person wey do us dis thing. my brother as in eh e d mercury own na tire me pass... e no go better for that person wey start d rubbish
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Qudman1(m): 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2019
People are just dying like flies everyday...rip to the dead
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by shogsman(m): 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2019
Looks like victims of a collapsed building.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by mastermaestro(m): 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2019
anonimi:

.........because those who promised stable electricity if we vote out the previous government have failed to fulfill their own part of the bargain

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9760331_7983202images1jpegd981a8b1fae6a56cbfd792de36a93677_jpeg_jpeg05f2a37058f47ccd54d587d7ac1e34f4

What did PDP do about the power situation? Stop promoting politics of ignorance and stupidity.

Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by anonimi: 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2019
mastermaestro:
What did PDP do about the power situation? Stop promoting politics of ignorance and stupidity.

Who talked about politics?
Learn to read and reflect before you jump to comment.

2 Likes

Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Mcreloaded(m): 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hmmmnnn
Read some where in the north where 8 persons died in a well as they went inside the well to rescue the first person that did not come out till the 8 person dies that went inside.
I did not believe the story at the time and I am confused wether I should believe this story now, but if it's true about both stories then the people in these areas should all be shot dead by firing squad for their level of foolishness cannot be forgiven
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by mastermaestro(m): 1:59pm On Jul 23, 2019
anonimi:

Who talked about politics?
Learn to read and reflect before you jump to comment.

Unquestionable insanity.

Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by bus1: 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2019
The deaths of those fools in the article, the crowd watching the dead bodies as well as the comments on nairaland all show that Nigeria has virtually NO HOPE with the calibre & level of reasoning of the people that make up its populace.

A water pump is either engine (mechanically) driven or electrically driven. In this case, it was engine driven but the engine/pump assembly should have been placed above surface with a long hose going into the well according to standard fluid draining practise.

And it's sad that people don't even know that CO concentration of a mere 20k ppm will render you unconscious in seconds before killing you off rapidly.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by emezuo17: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2019
realestniggah:
This thing is happen way too often these days

Nigerians think carbon monoxide is a joke

You can pass out within 30 seconds of inhaling it.

And be dead within one minute.. Very poisonous and lethal.

There need to be serious orientation about carbon emissions done in this country.. We don't know how lethal it is
. Someone who has brain has finally commented, illiteracy is a problem in this country, just reading comments here from supposedly educated people makes me wonder if there is really hope for this country
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Toni19: 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2019
Where did you get this brain from? Are you from Saudi.
donbachi:
What do u expect from a country where people died on road accident but their deadbodies were flown by plane back to their state....a country where people bathed with salt because of ebola...a country where,they will ask you if you have old television and telephone,that they want the mecury inside,that it cost 50million naira.for television and telephone wey no reach 100k...e no go better 4 d person wey do us dis thing.

Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by wakes: 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2019
RIP
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by decub: 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
bizza45:
wait to gen killed d first person , and d 2nd person entered, it then killed him and the 3rd person entered .... una dey try wella
It's actually ignorance. The feeling of; do it this way, that way, ok lemme come and show you. And more than 1 person may have gone in at once at a point. Gen fume kills faster than one would imagine.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Awaja(m): 7:58pm On Jul 23, 2019
JESUS Christ,this is disheartening.Laa na ndokwa umunnem with brotherly love .
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2019
gsegun43:
This story doesnt add up. Or am not getting it.

rip anyway
then who now rescue them ?
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Halo22: 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2019
Something is not been added here. How could those able-bodied men just chose to die in sequence? I will continue to doubt this story till a convincing tale comes up.
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by gsegun43: 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2019
Aurielfinizu:
then who now rescue them ?
abi
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by Alejobs: 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2019
It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by NCBMEDIA: 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2019
Omg! watch Life of illegal immigrants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkshTtRHKHo
Re: Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) by vannessa7(f): 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2019
Efuaye:
This story doesn't add up at all.
Fume (Co2) isn't an instantaneous killer!
This could just be a case of an electric shock.
What do I know anyway.

fume is not carbon dioxide but carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide is the one that we exhale from nose, very different

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Doka Avong, Kaduna, Kill 6 People, Many Declared Missing / Woman Stabs Husband’s Lover With Broken Bottle In Lagos (photos) / Soldier Stabs Motorcyclist To Death, For Shunning Him In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.