Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience (17136 Views)

#RevolutionNow: FG Discontinues Treasonable Felony Trial Against Sowore, Bakare / Court Declares Sowore's 2019 Arrest Illegal, Awards Damages Against DSS / Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by Angeldada55(m): 6:15am On Nov 21, 2019
Ok...

I come dey pity the man sa !!!

And Iffa talk now, pesin go say I dey one sided.

Hit like for sowore.
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by helinues: 6:16am On Nov 21, 2019
AmuNaIke:
do you know you're breaking rule 1 and rule 20

Go and explain yourself to the mods.. This account is going soon..
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by 01mcfadden(m): 6:18am On Nov 21, 2019
festacman:
Disobeying court ruling is, no doubt, out of order in a democracy but no legitimate government would tolerate any kind of attempt to uproot it suddenly through Revolution. Every government is wary of Revolution because once it starts, nobody can predict its end result. Even a 'President' Yele Sowore if he had won the last presidential election would not have dealt TAMELY with anybody challenging the existence of his government. Some people who encountered him as a leader of Sahara Reporters Media Organization will attest to his strong character.

The reality is that Revolution is intrinsically undemocratic. It is basically a MOB ACTION against a legitimate government. It recognizes neither the Judiciary nor the Legislature in its bid to forcibly remove the Executive. It dangerously puts MOBOCRACY or ochlocracy above democracy. This is why in developed countries protest marches, sit-ins, and other forms of civil disobedience are more fashionable.

Experience has shown that any person or group of persons who are attempting to remove an established order or a government must first understand the psychology, clout and antecedents of people behind it vis-a-vis how much personal sacrifices to make or discomforts to take if the adventure goes awry. This will help in preparing for the worst while hoping for the best. I had expected Yele Sowore to have done this being an intelligent and analytical fellow.

Regardless, I join other Nigerians in advocating for his release on bail as ruled by court.

What about Jalingo?

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by Trutherme: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2019
ednut1:
[s]Yele enjoy your karma. U went to the polls got just 30k votes. Then its revolution next. U go tey for cell[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by yahoosurepass(m): 6:30am On Nov 21, 2019
while nnamdi kanu is over there enjoying himself..... undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by Teacher1776(m): 6:31am On Nov 21, 2019
festacman:
Disobeying court ruling is, no doubt, out of order in a democracy but no legitimate government would tolerate any kind of attempt to uproot it suddenly through Revolution. Every government is wary of Revolution because once it starts, nobody can predict its end result. Even a 'President' Yele Sowore if he had won the last presidential election would not have dealt TAMELY with anybody challenging the existence of his government. Some people who encountered him as a leader of Sahara Reporters Media Organization will attest to his strong character.

The reality is that Revolution is intrinsically undemocratic. It is basically a MOB ACTION against a legitimate government. It recognizes neither the Judiciary nor the Legislature in its bid to forcibly remove the Executive. It dangerously puts MOBOCRACY or ochlocracy above democracy. This is why in developed countries protest marches, sit-ins, and other forms of civil disobedience are more fashionable.

Experience has shown that any person or group of persons who are attempting to remove an established order or a government must first understand the psychology, clout and antecedents of people behind it vis-a-vis how much personal sacrifices to make or discomforts to take if the adventure goes awry. This will help in preparing for the worst while hoping for the best. I had expected Yele Sowore to have done this being an intelligent and analytical fellow.

Regardless, I join other Nigerians in advocating for his release on bail as ruled by court.
You have been enslaved and you relish in your slavery, and a slave you will remain forever.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by AfroKnight: 6:33am On Nov 21, 2019
You have justified undemocratic actions with such a flimsy excuse. You have not shown any proof that Sowore or any of the protesters armed themselves even with cutlass or broken bottles or that they have the capacity to forcefully overthrow the government. This only tells us that “revolution now” is just the title of a peaceful protest which is a fundamental right of Nigerians. No protester attacked the police.

The judge, though sympathetic to the FG, saw reason and had to grant bail grudgingly with outrageous terms which have been met. The DSS has now become a court unto itself interpreting the simple court order as they deem fit.

This government is bringing its might upon the heads of protesters. That is the long and short. If you protest, we will pin a charge of treason on you even though the DSS cannot prove that you had the arms and capacity to stage a coup.

festacman:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by SEGLIZ: 6:46am On Nov 21, 2019
gidgiddy:

There job is to expose human rights abuse all over the world. It is the job of the citizens and government to act on that exposure so as to improve society

are there no human right abuse in usa how many time has amnesty international exposed them.
we shouldn't be deceiving ourselves the instability of Africa remains the source of stability to the west.
I'm not in support of sowores incarceration but we all know sowore got it wrong calling for a revolution. embedded in his move was a coup, let thank God he changed with treason.
barely weeks after election and swearing in of a democratically elected government you are calling for a revolution against it, it won't work that way.
sowore contested in same election that brought in that government is enough reason against him. sowore was selfish, he was about taking citizens to slaughter the gullible ones at that just achieve his aims.
my question......is sowore an activist or a politician? the same tinubu, oshiomole and other activist turned politician started but played on out intelligence to milk us dry.
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by SEGLIZ: 6:50am On Nov 21, 2019
AfroKnight:
You have justified undemocratic actions with such a flimsy excuse. You have not shown any proof that Sowore or any of the protesters armed themselves even with cutlass or broken bottles or that they have the capacity to forcefully overthrow the government. This only tells us that “revolution now” is just the title of a peaceful protest which is a fundamental right of Nigerians. No protester attacked the police.

The judge, though sympathetic to the FG, saw reason and had to grant bail grudgingly with outrageous terms which have been met. The DSS has now become a court unto itself interpreting the simple court order as they deem fit.

This government is bringing its might upon the heads of protesters. That is the long and short. If you protest, we will pin a charge of treason on you even though the DSS cannot prove that you had the arms and capacity to stage a coup.

do you need a cutlass, a hammer, catapult etc to bring about civil unrest?
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by Isnow: 6:50am On Nov 21, 2019
nunnu:
With a mentality like yours, that is why nigerians will continue to suffer. Atleast he was able to stand and speak out against injustice and corruption. While fools like you hide behind their phones to type rubbish.

no mind am.

Amnesty international has spoken, but finally will fall on d tyrant deaf ears..and the cabals running his administration.
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by whirlwind7(m): 6:50am On Nov 21, 2019
festacman:

A retardëd analysis pulled out from your disease infested anus.

Since when did revolution become undemocratic?

It wasn't undemocratic when in 2014, prominent Nigerians converged at Ojota to protest the inactions and failings of GEJ's government.
Now, under a dictator, it has become undemocratic. Huh.
The government outrightly ignored a court order (not once, not twice) and you're making excuses on its behalf.
How do you excuse one and condemn the other. You actually condemned the one which is right, and whose right was trampled upon.

All you ignorant supporters of this directionless government, time shall come when you will wish mother Earth to hide you from the impeding wrath of a bloodthirsty, brutish government

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by SoNature(m): 6:51am On Nov 21, 2019
Please let's call a spade a spade, Sowore tried to ignite a revolution, so Transparency International is so wrong about him.

If I was Nigerian president, I would definitely treat Sowore the way he's been treated today. You cannot lose an election and try to set my country ablaze under my watch.

It's easy to start a fight, but nobody actually knows when it will end....that's a Yoruba adage.

Sowore should have asked questions before trying to spark a #NigerianSpring. You can only kick off a revolution in a United country not a deeply polarized country like Nigeria. As young people, Sowore's experience must be a lesson to all of us.

However, I firmly believe that the chap can still be granted freedom and tried without having him locked up in DSS cell. Sowore attacked through Sahara Reporters all the political leaders who would have sued for his release. Again, his ordeals offer a learning curve for all.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by whirlwind7(m): 6:55am On Nov 21, 2019
SoNature:
Please let's call a spade a spade, Sowore tried to ignite a revolution, so Transparency International is so wrong on this one.

If I was Nigerian president, I would definitely treat Sowore the way he's been treated today. You cannot lose an election and try to set my country ablaze under my watch.

It's easy to start a fight, but nobody actually knows when it will end....that's a Yoruba adage.

Sowore should have asked questions before trying to spark a #NigerianSpring. You can only kick off a revolution in a United country not a deeply polarized country like Nigeria. As young people, Sowore's experience must be a lesson to all of us.

However, I firmly believe that the chap can still be granted freedom and tried without having him locked up in DSS cell. Sowore attacked all the political leaders who would have sued for his release through Sahara Reporters. Again, his ordeals offer a learning curve for all.

It is a democracy. Protests and dissents are a basic part and parcel of democracy. You don't mix it with elements of dictatorship.

See the lame excuses you are making for this government, all because Sowore isn't your brother. Pathetic.
Put yourself in his shoes. I may not support his politics, but I recognize when a government has become illegitimate. A legit government won't oppress its subjects like Buhari is doing.

All you willing tools and lower class humans from the south...you guys are so pathetic, I begin to wonder why I'm from among you.

It was right to protest under GEJ, but an abomination to do it with Buhari's government, right?

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by AfroKnight: 6:55am On Nov 21, 2019
SEGLIZ:

do you need a cutlass, a hammer, catapult etc to bring about civil unrest?

They didn’t even have stones. A weapon/projectile of any kind is proof of your commitment to violence.

The protesters had nothing of a sort.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 21, 2019
ednut1:
Yele enjoy your karma. U went to the polls got just 30k votes. Then its revolution next. U go tey for cell

Don't you know that if you don't stand for something , you will fall for everything... No be your fault... you're still a mummy's pet. Keep licking your mothers breast till death do you path.
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by witworth(m): 7:00am On Nov 21, 2019
johnmartus:
I think the court decision on sowore wasn't clear to Dss. Also these judges should stop misleading the general public. Now some people will be think that Buhari give order to Dss not to release sowore.
now you pretend to ignore the truth, your own time will come. keep supporting the government. na turn by turn be life.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by SoNature(m): 7:06am On Nov 21, 2019
whirlwind7:

A retardëd analysis pulled out from disease infested anus.

Since when did revolution become undemocratic?

It wasn't undemocratic when in 2014, prominent Nigerians converged at Ojota to protest the inactions and failings of GEJ's government.
Now, under a dictator, it has become undemocratic. Huh.
The government outrightly ignored a court order (not once, not twice) and you're making excuses on its behalf.
How do you excuse one and condemn the other. You actually condemned the one which is right, and whose right was trampled upon.

All you ignorant supporters of this directionless government, time shall come when you will wish mother Earth to hide you from the impeding wrath of a bloodthirsty, brutish government

Argue and insult all you want, I have made my point abundantly clear.

Most revolutions started as protest, and Sowore made it clear that his was #RevolutionNow.

If you like him so much, go out then and protest for his release ka DSS gba gi ka okwa! grin

The name you tag your action matters!

Learn and stop arguing unintelligently!
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by whirlwind7(m): 7:11am On Nov 21, 2019
SoNature:

Argue and insult all you want, I have made my point abundantly clear.

Most revolutions started as protest, and Sowore made it clear that his was #RevolutionNow.

If you like him so much, go out then and protest for his release ka DSS gba gi ka okwa! grin

The name you tag your action matters!

Learn and stop arguing unintelligently!

Oh...so you're so intelligent, which is why you support that planned unarmed protests should be outlawed under a democracy embarassed

Keep that sort of intelligence to yourself, pls. You can infect your offsprings with it though. That's permissible.
You can't give what you don't have. Intelligence isn't your forte. Sorry.
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by Fash20: 7:20am On Nov 21, 2019
festacman:

The question is; do you call our system a decocratic system.
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by Gerald454: 7:47am On Nov 21, 2019
SEGLIZ:

are there no human right abuse in usa how many time has amnesty international exposed them.
we shouldn't be deceiving ourselves the instability of Africa remains the source of stability to the west.
I'm not in support of sowores incarceration but we all know sowore got it wrong calling for a revolution. embedded in his move was a coup, let thank God he changed with treason.
barely weeks after election and swearing in of a democratically elected government you are calling for a revolution against it, it won't work that way.
sowore contested in same election that brought in that government is enough reason against him. sowore was selfish, he was about taking citizens to slaughter the gullible ones at that just achieve his aims.
my question......is sowore an activist or a politician? the same tinubu, oshiomole and other activist turned politician started but played on out intelligence to milk us dry.

When Nnandi kanu was refused released by dss, did he contest for president in 2019? He only want a country if his own. Which is legal everywhere in d world. The truth is Nigeria politicians dont respect court orders. But only buhari its all of them. The only person that try to obey court order was called a woman. Now man don come u guys have to face it.
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by BigBashiru: 7:54am On Nov 21, 2019
SoNature:
Please let's call a spade a spade, Sowore tried to ignite a revolution, so Transparency International is so wrong about him.

However, I firmly believe that the chap can still be granted freedom and tried without having him locked up in DSS cell. Sowore attacked through Sahara Reporters all the political leaders who would have sued for his release. Again, his ordeals offer a learning curve for all.

Africans are the cursed descendants of Ham cursed in the Holy Books including the Bible by Noah and your statements prove it.
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by AmazingELixir: 8:12am On Nov 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by don4real18(m): 8:21am On Nov 21, 2019
#ConspiracyTheory

What if Buhari and his henchmen are keeping Sowore until the social media bill is passed so that they will supposedly have a reason to hang him? cry
What are you going to do if that happens?
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by Vacora(m): 8:25am On Nov 21, 2019
01mcfadden:

What about Jalingo?

Thanks for asking.
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by murade: 8:45am On Nov 21, 2019
BUT SOWORE HAS NOT GROWN GREY HAIR TO TEACHER HIM LESSON
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by gidgiddy: 8:45am On Nov 21, 2019
SEGLIZ:

This is very foolish reasoning. A group that is organized to expose impunity and human rights abuse are the ones you are saying are a destabilizing factor? Amnesty international has exposed the humans rights abuse and torture of suspects detained by US forces in Afghanistan. What happend next? The US Congress held a full hearing on the matter and the Soldiers were charged to court. That is how things are done in civilised countries

Amnesty international has exposed several human rights abuse and extra-judicial killings by the Nigerian armed forces. To this day, nobody has been called to book.

The matter of Sowore is for the courts to decide, but to criminalise him even before the courts have reached a judgement, is going too far

The so called revolution that they claim Sowore called for, what was he going to actualise it with? Catapult? Before you talk about revolutions or coup, the person or group in question must be armed. Has anyone ever seen Sowore with arms? If he is not armed then it means that the revolution of Sowore does not go beyond talking and street protest.
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by Ntipia: 9:18am On Nov 21, 2019
Uncle Gudluck Ebele Jonathan we hail you ooo how is your day going sir and how is your family. Bye bye sir and greet mama P for me.
Re: Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience by Depressed101: 9:20am On Nov 21, 2019
festacman:

festacman has spoken

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Renews Ben Akabueze's Tenure As DG, Budget Office / Fresh Fuel Crisis Looms As PENGASSAN Threatens Strike / Southwest Support For Buhari Unshaken - TINUBU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.