Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights (24920 Views)

Ezekwesili To DSS: Stop Embarrassing Yourself, Tell Us Truth Of Emefiele Matter / Ezekwesili To Buhari: Tell Nigerians The Truth About South-East Attacks / Ezekwesili To Buhari: Your Plot To Impeach Saraki Failed, Give It Up Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by yusluvad(m): 8:44am On Dec 07, 2019
I wonder
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by allthingsgood: 8:48am On Dec 07, 2019
saaron:
I'm not suprise one bit by this useless govt's impunity against the populace because a Leopard never change it's spot. What beats my imagination are those who knew Buhari's evil past (Overthrowing a democratically elected govt) yet decided to vote him in 2015. Can a wild Guava tree give out Apples?
Let them enjoy their dividents of Tyrany. I have no sympathy for those who help brought this 'Animal in human skin' to power. Since supporters of this useless regime refused to get sense during peaceful times, they will get sense by share impunity and abuse of power.

This is hate speech

2 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by dotunbidemi: 8:52am On Dec 07, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
Crimea did not take any advantage. Russia annexed Crimea, organize a referendum for them.
Let pretend it was Russia that organized a referendum for them, how does that amount to invasion of Crimea, because to my best of knowledge a the Ukraine legitimate government before been removed by the west, requested the help of Mother Russia.
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by tunzy9229: 8:53am On Dec 07, 2019
All I see here is educated illiterates,sowore was granted bail with conditions and he decided to flout it like his brother from South East .I believe we sensible to read in between the lines ,can any point out where USA,China, Russia,France and uk tolerated treasonable act.we have democratic elected government if you are not happy with wait for the polls and express yourself.would OBJ have tolerated this act?let us use our head instead of our hearts.have a blessed day all NL
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by Awoleesu(m): 9:13am On Dec 07, 2019
The old man said he's got a 2nd term in office, and can now afford to be reckless...

I'm surprised no one cared about that statement!
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by orion7: 9:15am On Dec 07, 2019
dotunbidemi:

Am what was the history behind Crimea? Ukraine was at war and majority of Crimea are Russian, Mother Russia is not as useless as Nigeria that will let her people die.
Crimea was in Ukraine
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by Adeh08: 9:20am On Dec 07, 2019
Please aunty Oby, when are they bringing back our girls?
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by melviniyke2002(m): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2019
IkeOnyia:
Which world is watching? The United States is engulfed in the impeachment fever of Donald Trump, the United Kingdom is embroiled in Brexit impasse, Russia is occupied with annexing Ukraine, China is plotting how to restore normalcy to Hong Kong and France is crippled by a general strike. The world doesn't know if a person like Sowore exists. Buhari has gotten his second tenure. It is dangerous messing with him now.
nonsense.... Wicked person.keep supporting evil.....
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by Temitogab: 9:24am On Dec 07, 2019
I see revolution building up gradually in Nigeria soon. No regard for the rule of law. Write it down it will be very deadly.

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by BanevsJoker(m): 9:31am On Dec 07, 2019
surgical:
Which democracy are we defending , after defending it , people like buhari will come and enjoy it,if there has not been democracy we won't have buhari because he can't plan coup from retirement,let those that have some things to gain defend it,like tinubu who wants to be president,legistlators who wants to continue to hold office,for the masses don't bother,it can't be worse than this irrespective of the type of government
Underrated comment.
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by Kennethjoe929(m): 9:33am On Dec 07, 2019
Yoruba youths should wake up! you guys should burn down Aso Rock or Protest. Tufiakwa!!!
Jibril has not finish his next level yet and all these dey happen!
He leave all the corrupted politicians come dey attack someone that is telling him the truth.
That man in Aso Rock that called himself Buhari will die a shameful death.
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by Xpol: 9:33am On Dec 07, 2019
I’m very sorry I’ve been supporting Buhari inwardly since 2015 I doubt with all I’ve now seen I’ll ever support him again. yesterday I was surprised that Aboki who used to be the no 1 supporter of Buhari could open his mouth and said “walahi Oga, Buhari isi nor goot”
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 07, 2019
Madam, what can the world do?
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by BanevsJoker(m): 9:34am On Dec 07, 2019
eagleeye2:

You dey mind all these idíots way dey claim. elites. Them think say the masses go be mum forever.....the world ain't going to do shît, rather they would flood Nigeria with arms and ammunition and watch us finish ourselves.
"Give 'em guns, stand back and watch 'em kill each other". 2pac said it in Changes.
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by seguno2: 9:34am On Dec 07, 2019
ursullalinda:
Seriously watching.....it wont end well for him.....let's watch how it plays out

As far as Sowore is concerned, it will end well for Buhari. Very well sef.
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by rejoice4eva(m): 9:36am On Dec 07, 2019
soloenzo:
EZEKWESILI TO BUHARI, THE WORLD IS WATCHING YOUR BRUTAL VIOLATION OF SOWORE’S RIGHTS

Friday’s Sowore and DSS mega drama at the Federal High Court has the attention of the Nigerian communities and the global world with Oby Ezekwesili who is the Convener of Bring Back Our Girls campaign and a former Minister of Education has made her opinion heard on the humiliation and violation of Omoyele Sowore citizenship rights in Court today by the DSS.

Ezekwesili reminded President Muhammadu Buhari that the world at large was watching Sowore’s human right violation as a citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Ezekwesili reminded President Muhammadu Buhari that the world at large was watching Sowore’s human right violation as a citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Oby Ezekwesili’s message to Buhari;

“President Buhari, the whole world is watching the video of officials of the State Security Service which you directly supervise, brutally violate the constitutional rights of a citizen, Omoyele Sowore inside a court and desecrated our Judiciary- an independent arm of government.”

“Let it also be known by Buhari that the cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of the power he wields today as Nigeria President is alien to our Nigerian Constitution and International Law. I advise the President to cease this descent to fascism immediately and respect Court orders.”

“It is in the interest of Buhari that Sowore comes to no form of bodily, mental or emotional harm. As the supervisor of the State Security Service, I demand that the President instructs the DG to immediately comply with the court order . Release Sowore immediately.”

”I have just spoken to the incredible Femi Falana — SAN whose amazing and highly effective legal representation of citizen Sowore with a strong team of lawyers is the silver lining in this tragic case. I once again conveyed our abiding strong support and gratitude.”

“I urge my fellow citizens who are reasonable enough to know that today’s episode amounts to full aggression against the Judiciary by the Executive arm of Buhari and portends an extremely dangerous development. We must all stand to defend our hard won Democracy. We must.” She concluded.

https://ngg.ng/2019/12/06/ezekwesili-to-buhari-the-world-is-watching-your-brutal-violation-of-sowores-rights/
I just had a feeling that all these anomalies are direct impeachable offences, or that someone should voluntarily resign. Oh, I forget I am in Nigeria.
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 07, 2019
Cutehector:
The reason why I am not interested in the wickedness of our leaders is because the lord is going to punish them first in hell and one thing I am certain that the lord despises is injustice.
Yea right! Which lord? the same bloody lord who cannot cure Malaria and ebola? grin
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by BanevsJoker(m): 9:38am On Dec 07, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Whoever humiliated innocent Good luck Jonathan

Will be served his own cup of tea.

I can imagine the guy holding that placard right now. I'm sure he has eaten his 3 triangular meals of garri and groundnuts this morning.
Dis wan na Karma Sutra. He's getting fccuked by posterity.
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 07, 2019
No world is watching, It's up to Nigerians to Revolute just like Hongkong and france.
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 07, 2019
Just as the world was watching you people in 2014 when you were telling the whole world that Buhari is a repentant Democrate. You accuse GEJ government of lawlessness and impunity. Now that you have seen lawlessness and impunity, shey you eyes have cleared.
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:54am On Dec 07, 2019
dotunbidemi:

You are so Dumb, do you think you know mandela? He took part in guerilla warfare, what do you even people like you and your generations are the reason why Nigeria is in perpetual bondage... Gutless generation.

Simple.. Where were you on the day of the protest that got sowore arrested?
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by Perfectman91: 9:55am On Dec 07, 2019
SLAP44:
Just negodu grin

Must you make a joke out of everything? You don't even understand that your future is at stake?
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by omohayek: 9:55am On Dec 07, 2019
Kennethjoe929:
Yoruba youths should wake up! you guys should burn down Aso Rock or Protest. Tufiakwa!!!
Jibril has not finish his next level yet and all these dey happen!
He leave all the corrupted politicians come dey attack someone that is telling him the truth.
That man in Aso Rock that called himself Buhari will die a shameful death.
Why do "Yoruba youths" in particular have any duty to do anything? Sowore isn't even Yoruba, but even if he was, why does that mean "Yoruba youths" should be the only ones agitating on his behalf? Are the rights he says he's fighting for particular to Yorubas alone? Or do the 200+ other ethnicities in Nigeria not care about freedom of speech, economic growth and such matters?

You diehard-tribalists with your endless bitterness over GEJ's defeat never cease to shock with the nonsense you put out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by wolexy14(m): 9:56am On Dec 07, 2019
buhari will die in London........... as I don take am today make una make dis day down.
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by mauchiz: 9:57am On Dec 07, 2019
We have all condemned this evil act of Dss and Buhari,

What is the way forward?
How do we stop Buhari and dss from this madness?
We need action,

We can't keep complaining, is not changing anything,

For a change to take place, there must be an action,

What do we do to stop them?

#Stopcomplainingandact
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2019
baby124:

If Sowore is president then he must harass Buhari as well. Buhari will answer for all the evil happening in Nigeria when he steps down. What is good for the goose? He forgets that he has weakened the judiciary to the extent that it will be easy for an incoming president to further weaken the judiciary to remove his immunity and attack him. When we do evil things and think we get away with it, others are watching and will build on the evil machinery we put in place.

Let him become president first. Water and oil don't mix.

Just as

Activism and politics don't mix
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by baby124: 10:00am On Dec 07, 2019
MICHEALADEX:

Let him become president first. Water and oil don't mix.

Just as

Activism and politics don't mix
With this action by DSS his chance of becoming president just increased to 50%. The masquerade will come out to dance when it enters 80%. This drama is actually good for Sowore’s political aspirations.
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by LuverBoi16(m): 10:13am On Dec 07, 2019
What is she even lamenting on, Nigeria has stopped practicing democracy what we practise naw iz pseudo-democracy where they hear our opinion bt act without it they naw make use of their decision . Abeg Demo don die oo we are naw in a crazy nigeria
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by Kuginzi: 10:26am On Dec 07, 2019
This woman again!! Her voice is heard only when something bad happen. Is that how to do politics in Nigeria
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by Godsonjoe: 10:30am On Dec 07, 2019
but during the days if Mazi Nnamdi Kanu it was justice... foolishness in highest order
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by ogbonti: 11:06am On Dec 07, 2019
IkeOnyia:
Which world is watching? The United States is engulfed in the impeachment fever of Donald Trump, the United Kingdom is embroiled in Brexit impasse, Russia is occupied with annexing Ukraine, China is plotting how to restore normalcy to Hong Kong and France is crippled by a general strike. The world doesn't know if a person like Sowore exists. Buhari has gotten his second tenure. It is dangerous messing with him now.

If Nigeria is not a zoo, shouldn’t the articles of impeachment be brought before the Legislative Arm against this tyrant called Buhari ?

Because of ordinary phone call, Donald Trump is going thru impeachment... for lives lost and human rights being abused left and right, none of the legislators can even advise the president to act appropriately talk less of impeaching him

Is impeachment not in the 1999 Nigerian Constitution?

In as much as I dislike Rotimi Amaechi as a person. I am kinda forced to reiterate his quote. That “until Nigerians start stoning elected officials at public events, politicians won’t stop stealing”

So until these legislators who won’t call Buhari to order get lynched by their constituents and made to feel the insecurity Buhari has allowed on the land, nothing will change!
Re: Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights by TenthMan(m): 11:15am On Dec 07, 2019
It is because (we) Nigerians are cowards.

The bully gets bolder and taunts more often, when the bullied continues to cower.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Warns Solders Against Taking Pictures & Videos During Operations / Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State / Ben Murray-Bruce States His Achievements In The Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.