Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,979 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day (38169 Views)

Busola Dakolo And Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation: 5 Shocking Things / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Busola Dakolo's Rape Allegation Against Pastor Biodun / Busola Dakolo: I Was Raped By Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA - Timi Dakolo Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by Maraokere: 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2019
Nigerian singer and politician, Banky Wellington, his wife Adesua Etomi, Uti Nwachukwu, Busola Dakoro, Toyin Abraham, and some others gathered to celebrate the International Human Rights Day.

According to Banky W via his Instagram page said, they have been working with the European Union and the British Council on a campaign – “16 days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence and Sexual Assault”.

He protested against the blatant assault on free speech and the freedom of expression, adding that, “When it comes to Human Rights in Nigeria.. there is nothing to celebrate” and that “there’s just a whole lot of work to do”.

He wrote thus;

"It’s heartbreaking to take stock of where we are. Yesterday was International Human Rights Day. We’ve been working with the European Union and the British Council on a campaign – “16 days of Activism against Gender Based Violence and Sexual Assault”, and yesterday, as we brought the campaign to a close, we discussed the current state of Human Rights in Nigeria.
___ Sowore, despite being granted bail by the Court, was re-arrested less than 24 hours later in a brazen assault on the Judiciary & the rule of law in Nigeria. Abba Jalingo is still locked up for criticising a Governor. Sahara reporters have had their Nigerian bank accounts frozen with no explanation, and assets seized.
___

As far as Gender Equality goes… the Gender Equality bill did not make it past a 2nd reading before being shut down in the National Assembly. And yet the social media bill is on its way to a 3rd. Our constitution basically says that women are 2nd class citizens, yet that is not deemed a serious enough issue… instead, people like Elisha Abbo (the senator that physically assaulted a woman for daring to ask him to calm down) is one of the “leaders” openly pushing for the social media bill to pass, so that they can once and for all prevent ALL of us from speaking up against bad governance.
__

There is a very obvious, blatant assault on free speech and the freedom of expression going on right before our eyes. There is an emergency when it comes to the treatment of women and children.. when Senators are allowed to marry teenagers and physically assault women… when 1 in 4 girls in Nigeria are victims of sexual assault – the youngest patient of the Mirabelle Center is a 3 month old girl, the oldest is an 80 something year old Grandma.
__
When it comes to Human Rights in Nigeria.. there is nothing to celebrate, there’s just a whole lot of work to do. We must all do something. Maybe u can call/email your Senators and Reps? Maybe we can all can post online and get the attention of International News Media so that they can join us in pressuring our Government? Maybe U can volunteer/donate to a Sexual Assault Referral Center? Just do something. Anything".

https://www.instagram.com/p/B57QIf0HB5H/?igshid=er2ktpycczjo

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by LUGBE: 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
God is your strength

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by youngbang(m): 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
cheesy

If Banky W or Whatever he calls himself can’t impregnate this beautiful lady he should better come and hire me to do it for him. Before our Nigeria pastors start to lie to her that her womb has been tied by village people.

My opinion ....... don’t quote me please I hate trouble

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by itspzpics(m): 2:57pm On Dec 11, 2019
Lol

HEARTBREAKING!! Final Year Law Student R*ped And Stabbed To Death In Port Harcourt, Watch Video => HERE
Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by Kylekent59: 3:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
youngbang:
cheesy

If Banky W or Whatever he calls himself can’t impregnate this beautiful lady he should better come and hire me to do it for him. Before our Nigeria pastors start to lie to her that her womb has been tied by village people.

My opinion .......

You are totally insane. You might have gone to the best school, but the fact still remains, " you are an educated illiterate "

Keep making yourself a laughing joke.

265 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by Knockonmidoor: 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2019
Government men
Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by Zeezxo(m): 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
Human right ko, human rights ni. Where is the human rights when he was planning for revolution. Abi UK and US can ever allowed such things.

The guy got it wrong the when he said he never cares about what any judges says. So why disturbing us about this.
Sowore bridges the rule of law and let the law serves him well.

quote me with senses.

6 Likes

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by Roon9(m): 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
Even punch has joined..... Its on!

10 Likes

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by skkslar: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
Solar power solutions at an affordable prices
Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by Built2last: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
Those who are expressing outrage at the festival of nepotism President Buhari has just demonstrated Sowore, also with the replacement of the Southern head of FIRS and and that of AMCON with Northerners are either lying to themselves or they are lying to us. Either way, their outrage is devoid of sincerity.

Buhari is one of the most consistent men on earth. Consistent in evil. And he has always been an open book. Everything he's doing today are things he's always been doing publicly both in words and in deeds long before becoming President. His records have always been there for even the blind to see.

All through his three previous attempts at the presidency, Buhari never hid the fact that he harbors deep seated disdain for people who are not from his own region and religion. He demonstrated this by restricting his presidential campaign mostly to the North. Even when he picked southern running mates, he still didn't go round the South to campaign but he campaigned in all parts of the North.

Before the 2015 Poll, the ex soldier was repeatedly making known his position on every burning issues. For example, on security, he made it clear that Boko Haram terrorists represent his North and as such, any attack on them was an attack on the North. This was enough to let every honest Nigerian know how he would treat any security problem caused by people who share his region and religion.

On corruption, he told us all that the Nigerian most corrupt leader, Sani Abacha under whom he (Buhari) served and whose loot is still being returned to the country even as I type, was not corrupt. This statement was enough guide for anyone genuinely interested in knowing how the former military dictator would treat acts of corruption perpetrated by his close friends and allies especially those from his part of the country who pray toward mecca.

On desperation for power and zero regard for human life, Buhari showed us all we needed to see when he contested the 2011 Poll on the platform of a little known now defunct Congress For Progressive Change (CPC) and predictably lost but refused to accept the result and incited his supporters into butchering innocent Nigerians. Even when the then President Jonathan govt pleaded with him to just make a statement condemning the post election killing with the hope that his supporters will 'decode' such a statement as a 'cease fire' instruction, Buhari vehemently refused. In the end, over 800 souls perished. All because he lost a Presidential election he stood no chance of winning in the first place. How can anyone with a functioning brain expect such a man to care about the lives of Nigerians?

Even on religious extremism, intolerance and bigotry, Buhari left no one guessing as he went on making ill-adviced divisive statements.

Most worthy of note is the fact that every single horrible thing Buhari is doing today, he did them 3 decades ago when he ruled with a loaded gun and a suspended Constitution. Please ask question and do some research.

So those filling my ear with faux outrage over the continuation of the Northernization agenda, wetin be una own, biko? What were you expecting?

Quite frankly, Buhari is a mistake no sane person ought to have made.

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by magicminister: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
Watch as poverty stricken pitiable Nigerians will criticize him for this and that but totally ignore the message. You the shoe fits, you’ll die in poverty!! I wanted to Quote the idiotic person above but I’m not gonna give him any attention
Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by mynaijaforumcom: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
v
Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by NurseJay: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
Ok
Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by Smatkomo: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
Good one, everybody is speaking up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
Kylekent59:

You are totally insane. You might have gone to the best school, but the fact still remains, " you are an educated illiterate "

Keep making yourself a laughing joke.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by ednut1(m): 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
Mr Sowore 2023 no far. Enjoy your karma

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by AmazingELixir: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
youngbang:
cheesy

undecided

I think there is something fundamentally wrong with you, you left the issue raised by the thread and be eying someone else's wife.

23 Likes

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
grin
Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by NurseJay: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
youngbang:
cheesy

This is one the problems of Nigeria!

11 Likes

mynaijaforumcom:
v
for Virginia grin

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by chukwugoziegi: 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
These Influencers are gradually knowing what they are capable of. Thank God!
Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by aAK1(m): 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
We just need a few strong to stand and the rest will follow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by marztar(m): 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
youngbang:
cheesy

You don't need all this na...

Oya wetin you gain??

8 Likes

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by chukwugoziegi: 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
[quote author=aAK1 post=84825851]We just need a few strong to stand and the rest will follow[/quote

I tell you! Nigerian Celebrities and Influencers don't know the kind of power they have at a.
Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by Rubbiish(m): 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
Buhari is just making Sowore popular
The revolution would have died a natural death by now & everyone would have gotten about it.
But with this his forceful approach of his, he is just making Sowore popular

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by Gratefulll(f): 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
Banky and Wife are both looking good. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by NaijaFutbol: 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
Why is this post funny
Re: Sowore: Banky W, Adesua, Busola Dakolo, Uti At The International Human Right Day by Dee60: 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
youngbang:
cheesy

Your comments are rude, unbecoming and far below the belt. You owe that couple a public apology.

Our senators are looking for excuse to gag the social media because of people like you.

Repent.

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omawunmi, Kiss Daniel & Juliet Ibrahim Look Good Together In New Photo / Oluwaseyi Edun Reacts To Adeniyi Johnson & Toyin Abraham Divorce Saga / Slay Queen Exposes Speed Darlington, Leaks Chat As He Begs To Sleep With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.