Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,960 members, 7,838,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration (14412 Views)

JAMB Applicants Storm NIMC Office In Ikeja For NIN (Photos) / Chapter 1 Summary Of Sweet Sixteen For JAMB 2020 UTME / See OAU Quick Update To All Post-utme And DE Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by TerryMcGinis(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
Johnwick64:
u don't need the card,u need d national indentificaton number dat temporary slip dat dey gave 2 u
bros most of us who did ours at ajeromi ifelodun local govt Lagos didn't have our nin attached. I even begged them to help me so I can write it down. They refused. We are really suffering here. These pple are starting to feel like gods cos of nin. It is well with Nigeria
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by dalass(f): 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2019
Rubbish no that doesn't stop its owner from embezzlement and other forms of corruption
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by dalass(f): 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2019
Making it compulsory for jamb and de has made all centres jampacked and 500 naira extortion going on
A case of man knows man.
Some have been sleeping under the bridge, in Secretariat for days, no months without getting it.
It is just unacceptable that the leadership always compound the woes and sufferings of her people.

Imagine a whole Local Govt and just one laptop!

angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Paxmedical(m): 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
What about the ones we have registered for years?
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by sirqeeboi(m): 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2019
hachan:
No it 16

That is to register individually
Buh below 16 will be register with his or her parent
And the child will be issued nin also
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by webngnews: 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2019
hmmm
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by paul100(m): 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2019
TGM2015:
Simple advise, if you are planning to write JAMB next year just don't wait till when the form is out. Get your NIN now.
Also, if any of our relatives, friends, neighbours, religion sisters/brothers, etc are to write JAMB next year, let us just encourage them to go out and register now.
Please my brother is 15 and will be 16 next year march.pls can he register for the NIN this year
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by UtuokeAlcoholic: 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
sharone21:
When will our government draft JAMB's registrar to head INEC and bring in all these innovations that will make us get better leaders and a working system?.... The guy is wasting talents as JAMB's registrar.
Don't you think our brothers from the other side will cry of islamization for a professor of Arabic and Islamic Studies to head INEC?
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by sharone21(f): 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2019
UtuokeAlcoholic:

Don't you think our brothers from the other side will cry of islamization for a professor of Arabic and Islamic Studies to head INEC?

Not at all....Jega is from the North, Maurice Iwu from East, so if he comes in from the West, no problem.
Competence, professionalism, love for modern technology and its usage in meeting the needs and yearnings of people especially as it concerns e-voting and giving us leaders truly voted in by the masses is what is important.
He has also been a VC @UNILORIN and you know that Professors are involved in INEC duties too.
He has performed so well in JAMB and now overdoing things, make he stop to waste talents @JAMB, he needs immediate redeployment to INEC so he tests himself with State and local government elections before 2023 when another critical round of elections will hold.
I'm not from the West but I like his efficiency and proactiveness. Also, he seems to be bold and cares less whose ox is gored.
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by IbadanNews: 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2019
hachan:
yours is better I paid 1k

ahhhh. Nawa ooo
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by bynomzy(f): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2019
It's been 5 years, please I need my card
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by UtuokeAlcoholic: 8:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
sharone21:

Not at all....Jega is from the North, Maurice Iwu from East, so if he comes in from the West, no problem.
Competence, professionalism, love for modern technology and its usage in meeting the needs and yearnings of people especially as it concerns e-voting and giving us leaders truly voted in by the masses is what is important.
He has also been a VC @UNILORIN and you know that Professors are involved in INEC duties too.
He has performed so well in JAMB and now overdoing things, make he stop to waste talents @JAMB, he needs immediate redeployment to INEC so he tests himself with State and local government elections before 2023 when another critical round of elections will hold.
I'm not from the West but I like his efficiency and proactiveness. Also, he seems to be bold and cares less whose ox is gored.
I concurred with all your submissions but the problem is our brothers from that region who attach meanings to everything that brings development.

1 Like

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by MrArt(m): 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
6 Reasons NIN For JAMB Must Stop Now

Prospective Candidates for next year JAMB have been subjected to climatic hardship for past few months after the announcement of no NIN no JAMB policy. Students stay in the hot Sun everyday for several hours and later in the evening the NIMC official with some security personnel will chase them out like goat, telling them to come back the next day to add their names in the general daily list that is often being ignored for the Who-know-Who list, the money list and VIP list

Waste of time (of students and Parents):

As early as 3:00am- 4:00am everyday in the name of NIN for JAMB, students often gather often gather for the undesirable and morning devotion with ultimate expectation that their prayers will be answered, but no, courtesy of the who-know-who list. As a result of the policy, Secondary Students particularly have been missing classes effortlessly. In fact it has become an avenue for them to engage in unnecessary activities. Concerned Parents also have to leave their work place in order to help their children to do the NIN Registration.

Waste of Money:

NIN registration is Free but wasting money. I met with 3 students at particular NIMC office, their transport fare is between #500-#700 each and they have been coming for 2 weeks.( #500x 10 days)= #5000) How much is JAMB form itself. Reasonably but illegal it will have been better to pay their way in by paying #3000 (which is the trend at a particular NIMC office and they will do the Registration the same day of payment... the money list). In fact, as at yesterday one of three students was still hanging around (third week counting). According to the boy, Wasiu, ' they did not use the list we wrote today, they were just bringing in some people that they know...who-know-who list.'
Please don't miss qoute me, NIN registration is free ooo, the Form boldly marked with not for sale is being sold for #50 by some neutral citizens who saw an opportunitic need to help NIMC with unavailable materials. I am not saying some of NIMC officials are taking bribe. What I am trying to say is that they should stop using the who-no-who list. In fact JAMB should stop this process of exploitation because it's the causa causata of all the students mental nightmares. At least JAMB can do without NIN in 2020, why insisting on it even against the advice of Our Honourable Representatives. Perhap JAMB is waiting for the chorusic voice of Our Distinguish Senators before it reverse this paintaking policy?

NIMC is not prepared for the policy:

From all indications, NIMC is not prepared to absorb the number of students that are willing to register for NIN. Come to think of it, even when regular students are not involve in the process, the demand of working class and adults have not been met.
In term Materials and personnels, NIMC cannot reasonably register all the prospective Candidates for JAMB and WAEC ( According, to Haminat, my a school principle said we all ss3 students must go for the NIN Registration that we are going to need it for WAEC Registration.... Imagine)
Also, NIMC needs to manage the situation properly. Its not possible to register all the students in a day, not even in a month but making the students to come everyday is not fair.

Mass Failure:

Why should a student read or prepare for JAMB when he/she is not sure whether he/she will be able to register for UTME because of NIN. Mass Failure looming. A student that is Subjected to daily cycle of Hardship (4am-4pm) still no result will not be able to read BIOLOGY when he/she gets home in a Sad mood.

In security of Candidates:

It is highly risky for parents to drop their children at the NIMC Center by 4am, in the name of no NIN no JAMB. At such am ungodly hour anything can happen: kidnapping, rape, assault e.t.c.
I hope JAMB/NIMC will not wait for any of these to happen before they do the needful. Everybody wants to register at the same time and this often result into serious fight among the poor students

SOLUTION1:
In order to greatly reduce work load and Fastrack the Registration process for JAMB candidates, NIMC should encourage and oriente students on how to do Pre-Enrolment online Using smart phones https://penrol.nimc.gov.ng
By this NIMC will be able to attend to great number of enrollees everyday

SOLUTION3
By a way of Managerial solutions, If NIMC as one particular BIG BOOK for all students where they have to write their names once when they show up for the first time at the NIMC office as against the daily list they are presently using, this will be of great relief. HOW?
If the Names in the continuous list is 3,000 for example and NIMC register to 100 students per day,(assuming today is Monday) a students in number 344 base on the continuous list will automatically know that it will be his turn on Thursday and will not unnecessarily waste time and money to come or hang around
The above profer solution reasonable or unreasonable will be highly relevant in face of the common shortcomings across NIMC Centers. E.g
No Fuel/No data/ Systems are not working *In a case where out of Four systems two are working
*In a case where the official announce that there won't be Registration the following day without tangible reason(s).
Materials and personal wise, NIMC needs help, supplimentary budget, extension of its initiative eco-system to bring in private bodies to aid it's activities

SOLUTION 3:
Privatisation of NIC Registration. NIMC should delegate the job to the Banks. 99.9% of Nigerian value their ATM cards more than the National Identification card.

SOLUTION 4:
JAMB must suspend the policy of no NIN no JAMB for now

(I will be at a center on Monday by 3:30am to give you a full pictorial documentary.)

Mr.....
SOCIAL MEDIA PARTY (SMP) OF NIGERIA

If you are directly or indirectly involve let us use our social voices to make a statement

Source: Facebook
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Johnwick64: 12:20am On Dec 22, 2019
TerryMcGinis:
bros most of us who did ours at ajeromi ifelodun local govt Lagos didn't have our nin attached. I even begged them to help me so I can write it down. They refused. We are really suffering here. These pple are starting to feel like gods cos of nin. It is well with Nigeria
huh but u will first be given a paper without the nin den u go back after a week to collect the one with nin...it's d normal protocol..I was also given d paper without d nin nd den return d paper to get ur nin
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by TGM2015: 1:11am On Dec 22, 2019
paul100:

Please my brother is 15 and will be 16 next year march.pls can he register for the NIN this year
To register your brother now, below are the requirements.

Mandatory requirements for minors (Enrolment of Children)
1. Parent/Guardian’s National Identification Number (NIN) Slip ( father, mother or guardian’s NIN ) MUST be provided.
2. Supporting documents (Birth Certificate and School ID cards)
3. Evidence of proof as the Guardian to the minor (if Guardian’s NIN is used). - being your brother with the same Surname should be sufficient.
4. Registered Birth Certificate/ Statutory Age Declaration. (just go with your own and his birth certificate)
5. All minors MUST be accompanied by at least one of the parents or a Guardian.

Please note that atext message will automatically be sent to the Applicant, Parent or guardian to come for update when they become 16years of age.

For further information, please check NIMC website for details using the link below.

https://www.nimc.gov.ng/how-to-enrol-minors/
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by paul100(m): 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2019
TGM2015:

To register your brother now, below are the requirements.

Mandatory requirements for minors (Enrolment of Children)
1. Parent/Guardian’s National Identification Number (NIN) Slip ( father, mother or guardian’s NIN ) MUST be provided.
2. Supporting documents (Birth Certificate and School ID cards)
3. Evidence of proof as the Guardian to the minor (if Guardian’s NIN is used). - being your brother with the same Surname should be sufficient.
4. Registered Birth Certificate/ Statutory Age Declaration. (just go with your own and his birth certificate)
5. All minors MUST be accompanied by at least one of the parents or a Guardian.

Please note that atext message will automatically be sent to the Applicant, Parent or guardian to come for update when they become 16years of age.

For further information, please check NIMC website for details using the link below.

https://www.nimc.gov.ng/how-to-enrol-minors/
Thanks
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Azejellek(m): 12:00am On Dec 23, 2019
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Debate:Education Vs Farming. / Pgd Universities Or Colleges In Canada? / Federal College Of Education (sped) Ui Affiliated Putme Is Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.