Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee (35789 Views)

Six States Received Over One Trillion Naira During Buhari's Tenure-statisense / Former Bauchi Governor, Yuguda Dumps GPN For APC / President Buhari On A Condolence Visit To Bauchi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by LosC: 6:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
The Assets Recovery Committee set up by the Bauchi State Governor, Senator Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed has explained that two former Governors of Bauchi State Mallam Isa Yuguda and the immediate past Governor Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar and their associates are to refund over one trillion Naira allegedly looted during their tenures to Bauchi State Government.

This is coming as the committee which is preparing to wind up activities claim that it discovered more items allegedly belonging to the State Government in the House of the Former Governor Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar.

A member of the committee Barrister Lawal Husseini Ibrahim stated this in Bauchi Saturday while answering question on the activities of the committee.

He said “as the committee was rounding up its activities it received a whistleblower tip of items being carted away and transferred outside the state by the family of former governor Abubakar, the committee visited the House of the former Governor at Fadaman Mada and was able to recover only few items like 105 Pasta making machines, 10 sewing machines, cartons of surgical hand gloves and several office furniture belonging to the Bauchi Government, the committee had earlier recovered four tractors, a luxury Bus and a House belonging to the state government which the former governor Abubakar sold to himself.

The house is located opposite Government House adjacent to Wikki Hotel”

Lawal said the committee traced a lot of Bauchi Government properties and resources frittered away by the two former governors and their associates and the committee may submit its report any moment and expressed optimism that if the recommendations of the committee are implemented the two former governors and their associates will refund over one trillion naira to the state government.

When asked about the suit filed by the two former governors challenging the activities of the committee, Barrister Lawal said “ Yes the former governors Abubakar and Yuguda took the committee before the Federal High Court in Abuja and Bauchi State High Court but the committee is responding adequately to the suits and will submit its report without hitches by the grace of Allah”.

He said the committee traced over 16 different lands, building and properties at different locations in Kaduna State with certificate of occupancy belonging to the Bauchi government and they investigated various contracts awarded by the two previous administrations like purchase of 500 tractors of which 40 were delivered, how ecological funds, Paris club refunds and various loans were taken and details of their findings will be made available when they submit their report to the government.

Effort to Speak to the two former commissioners of Information of the past governors, however, proved abortive

https://dailypost.ng/2020/03/07/former-bauchi-governors-yuguda-abubakar-to-refund-one-trillion-naira-to-bauchi-govt-committee

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by igbokwesampson(m): 6:48pm On Mar 07, 2020
I get super excited when ever I read of a sitting governor probing the activities of his predecessors. This is simply because I seriously believe that the reason behind the continuous embezzlement of our comon resources is largely due to the fact that there are no consequences for out actions. Even the person probing should know that one day, he too will be probed.
I wish that our leaders will understand this and as a result undertake a a holistic probe of the activities of their predecessor devoid of political whitch hunting..

Modified

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by zoeA: 7:31pm On Mar 07, 2020
Merciless looters!

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
O boi eh.
God have mercy.
These guys get money.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by LibertyRep: 8:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
Is this a form of grandstanding? Can a committee compel these ex-governors to refund any Kobo without a judicial backing?

If the present is so convinced that the duo had helped themselves with the state fund, legal actions should be instituted against them immediately.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by thundafire: 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2020
Going to court to get an order of restriction our Judges are mad entertaining such petitions chai collecting loots to be relooted again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by cRobo: 8:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
Unthinkable looting

What will he use all that money for

Excessive greed

I won't say a word

25 Likes

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by lonelydora: 8:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
Very good. I just wish it can be fulfilled

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by medTechworld(f): 8:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
shocked. 1 trillion what? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by Bababola76(m): 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
I hope they are well supervised

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by Mokason28: 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
I’ve said it before and I will gladly say it again... under dis evil Regime no Muslim is going jail ..
Despite the fact that Buhari has a personal Vendetta with Isa Yaguda ...that Nigger ain’t going to Jail undecided

4 Likes

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by McBrooklyn(m): 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
Lol... Jokes upon jokes, this country chei grin

2 Likes

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by qualityovenbake(m): 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
Jesus Christ. Why is it that once a politician gets to the top, he or she start making self-serving decision and undermined the hope of people that voted for him/her in that position.

1 Like

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by dalass(f): 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
Shariah no catch the thieves in?

One trillion??

Cut off their thieving hands and balls join..

Haba!!!

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by Roon9(m): 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
Jehovah! So we finally entered Trillion undecided

Call for a decent solar plan for your home and businesses comprising a 1kva luminous inverter, 2*100AH battery and 4*150W solar module for up to 18hrs uninterrupted power supply daily. All for just #299,999

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by alphaconde(m): 9:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
I have said it if I become president I will fund my budget with funds stolen by politicians in the past. They borrow loans and embezzle it. If u know the mess we are right now u will weep. Buhari just made everything worse

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by Alexun(m): 9:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
When?
Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by PureGoldh(m): 9:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
Dx country seff
Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by Mateen1000: 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2020
Jokers undecided
Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by pat077: 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2020
Wakanda greediness is that
Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by DMerciful(m): 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2020
One trillion from where? Where Bauchi for see 1 trillion? Audio trillion!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by Lexusgs430: 9:04pm On Mar 07, 2020
Haba Barawo.......

This is what lagos state government, should be doing..... Unveiling historical fraud, perpetuated since 1999....

Forensic audit of all financial + asset dealings/deals........

2 Likes

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by XYZ123: 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
How could they have stolen a trillion naira in just 12 years? How much is Bauchi state allocation?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by Captainrambo2: 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
Thieves.

Apc yam eaters
Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by Hiarmn(m): 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
Na wao for all this looter politicians o, Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo Politician are all same in looting o

1 Like

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by lmm4real: 9:07pm On Mar 07, 2020
grin wow Oga Bala.
The money and properties of This same Bala that was seized by the EFCC after his tenure as FCT minister are still there.

They are all birds of a feather. Bala is no angel.

1 Like

Re: Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee by solmusdesigns: 9:07pm On Mar 07, 2020
omoh.. Northern Politicians are badass

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Troops Arrest Boko Haram Logistic Elements & Kids Wearing Their New Uniform(pics / Dino Melaye Arrives Lokoja In An Ambulance, Set To Be Arraigned / Tinubu: I Am The Only One In The 2023 Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.