Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System (13193 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Frederick Forsyth Seeks Nigeria’s Suspension From Commonwealth / Buhari Backs Power Shift To South, Yet To Unveil Preferred Successor / Turkish President Erdogan Phones Buhari, Seeks Nigeria's Support For Palestine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by Abagworo(m): 11:43am On Aug 05, 2020
isthatso:
They should start getting used to the idea rest of Nigeria is NEVER voting for Ibo, this is a democracy. Unless both parties field ibo candidates, which is never going to happen because APC is not so stupid as to field an ibo candidate even if by some miracle PDP fields an Ibo candidate. APC knows all the ibo votes will still go to PDP so why would APC risk losing SW and Northern votes for the sake of SE that will never vote for them? So they can continue crying marginalisation or Biafra all they want. They are the architects of their predicament.

Anything less than Igbo or South-south Presidency in 2023 will bring Nigeria to an end. This wise elder stateman knows.

2 Likes

Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 05, 2020
Abagworo:

Officers mostly from South-south were responsible for the coup and killings with few Southeasterners and Southwesterners. The only reason it was called Igbo coup is because majority were Igbo speaking from South-south whom today you are quick to deny their Igbo roots. I wouldn't have quoted you if you didn't mention Southeast.
Don't mind them. The midwest officers (formerly western region) plotted a coup and the innocent easterners were made scapegoats.

1 Like

Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by Nchenches: 11:48am On Aug 05, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

source: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/08/05/yakassai-backs-power-rotation-seeks-nigerias-return-to-parliamentary-system/

Lopsided distribution of states created by military dictators necessitated rotation of the office of the presidency between north and south.

This man knew it. He is an honest man.

Olu Falae is a dishonest man pursuing parochial interest.

Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by Legacy001: 11:58am On Aug 05, 2020
Patrioticman007:
Why are we trying to please the tribe that kept us on reserve gear perpetually in our drive to the future ?.

Forgotten History Of Igbo Tribe And Northern Alliance.

Do you know that when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of nigeria;

Chief of Army Staff was from SE
Chief of Naval Staff was from SE
IG of Police was from SE
Chief of Defence Staff was from SE
Internal Affairs Minister SE
External Affairs Minister SE
Education Minister South SE
Many other key ministries to SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE
The University of Ibadan VC from SE
North resisted same at ABU!

Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!!

Out of all the most senior officers in nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed.

Then Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it!

We must know our history so that when we want to make corrections, we will not end up concealing the truth. This has nothing to do with tribalism but everything to do with the truth.....at times when lies litter the streets. There is a tendency to think those are truths and facts.

*What follows are documented facts that can be cross-checked for authenticity!"*

Thou shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

*“Prof. Ben Nwabueze was the man who drafted the constitution that took away powers from regions and handed it to the central government because his brother Aguiyi Ironsi was the head of state then. Today, he is shouting restructuring that he helped to destroy. We won’t forget.”*.

WHAT BIAFRANS WILL NEVER TELL YOU ABOUT THE REAL CAUSE OF THEIR WOES in nigeria TODAY:

The Igbo man is known to enjoy blaming the Hausa fulanis, Yorubas and indeed every other Nigerian tribe and Lord Luggard/Britain for their seeming claim of being in third class citizen status in nigeria. in their perpetual attempts to play the victim card, they recount the political events of nigeria from 1914 to the present in a half-baked and highly selective manner which cleverly avoids the mention of the roles played by their elite who by all natural laws of judgement were actually responsible for the woes that befell not only the Igbo race but the entire nigeria nation. The story told in the post above is one of such selective and distorted accounts of history which the average Igbo man is fond of narrating.
your write up is filled wit hate
Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 05, 2020
Abagworo:

Anything less than Igbo or South-south Presidency in 2023 will bring Nigeria to an end. This wise elder stateman knows.

My friend please STFU and listen to some sense. This thing is not about gra-gra, chest-beating, insulting other tribes, impotent declarations or empty threats from a position of weakness. If it were, Nigeria would have had a SE president or we would have seen a republic of Biafra by now.

The 1st thing you people have to understand are your realities:

1. you dont have the constitutional means to secede, that was taken away by your very own Ironsi when he introduced decree 34 and removed referendum from our constitution.
2. You dont have the military might to execute a secession as the Biafran war should remind you.
3.You dont have the numbers to win a national election without an alliance with the north or the North/SW
4. You dont have the trust of the rest of these regions based on your actions since independence firstly the North as a result of the 1966 coup, your actions when you assumed power briefly as a result of the coup and now neither does the SW resulting from your actions since 2015.
5. You dont have the support of the international community.
6. Most of the things you are fighting for now, you had in 1966 but you were not satisfied...regional autonomy,resource autonomy etc. So you should really ask yourselves...what is the Ibo man's problem? You need to understand you are checkmated, you are the ones who paited yourselves into a corner and that a man in a weak position does not make threats or dictate to power.
7. You need to learn strategic thinking because every step the ibo man has taken since independence has left them in a worse position than before that action.

You say you want to be president, you have to rebuild bridges and trust, so people will vote for you...that is a long way off because it is easy to destroy than to rebuild. If you want to leave you have to find a constitutional means or a military means....good luck with that! Making Noise on Nairaland does not change your reality.

threatening that the world will burn down is just hot air. there will be no ibo president and nothing will happen but more noise because you do not have the means to leave....it's not even in your interests if truth be told. You need Nigeria more than any other region in the country....sorry to burst your bubble but your livelyhoods are dependent on the rest of Nigeria more than any other region. The average Northerner does not need the rest of Nigeria to survive, the average yoruba will actually do better in a SW devoid of ibos because many SW businesses have been taken over by ibos, so if the ibos are expelled from SW, it is to the benefit of the the hosts. The SS can maintain themselves with Oil. The ibos are the only region that have to leave their zone to eek a living, they are the only people who need others to survive yet they make the most noise.

So When you recognise you cant become president on your own, the question you the need to ask yourselves is this......Why would the rest of Nigeria vote for an ibo man and then ask why wouldn't they? if an SW man for example wants votes from the SE there is no point going to Enugu saying "vote for me i will build roads". If they dont trust me, they dont care if I really intend to build roads. You need to know what issues they have and address it to stand any chance.

SE presidency will never happen until you change your ways, if you do, maybe in 20 years there will be an Ibo president.....maybe! In the interim, SS is very possible in fact I will be very thrilled with Amaechi as president..

2 Likes

Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by LaboPolitics: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
35824L:
The north will back the southwest in 2023. The unity of Nigeria cannot be jeopardized.
Ewedu dreamer.... grin

Are tired of sponsoring Amotekun, oduduwa and revolution now protests.

yoruba won't be president in 2023. You don't the numbers. The SE and SS won't vote you, the north will vote theirs if SW emerges on any ticket. You are not different from minorities.. grin
Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by LaboPolitics: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
isthatso:

[s]My friend please STFU and listen to some sense. This thing is not about gra-gra, chest-beating, insulting other tribes impotent declarations or empty threats from a position of weakness. if it were Nigeria would have had a SE president or we would have seen a republic of Biafra by now.

The 1st thing you people have to understand is your reality

1. you dont have the constitutional means to secede, that was taken away by your very own Ironsi when he introduced decree 34 and removed referendum from our constitution.
2. You dont have the military might to execute a secession as the Biafran war should remind you.
3.You dont have the numbers to win a national election without an alliance with the north or the North/SW
4. You dont have the trust of the rest of these regions based on your actions since independence firstly the North as a result of the 1966 coup and now the SW from your actions since 2015.
5. You dont have the support of the international community.
6. Most of the things you are fighting for now, you had in 1966 but you were not satisfied...regional autonomy,resource autonomy etc. So you should really ask yourselves...what is the Ibo man's problem? You need to understand you are checkmated, you are the ones who paited yourselves into a corner and that a man in a weak position does not make threats.
7. You need to learn strategic thinking because every step the ibo man has taken since independence has left them in a worse position than before that action.

You say you want to be president, you have to rebuild bridges and trust, so people will vote for you...that is a long way off because it is easy to destroy than to rebuild. If you want to leave you have to find a constitutional means or a military means....good luck with that! Making Noise on Nairaland does not change your reality.

threatening that the world will burn down is just hot air. there will be no ibo president and nothing will happen but more noise because you do not have the means to leave....it's not even in your interests if truth be told. You need Nigeria more than any other region in the country....sorry to burst your bubble but your livelyhoods are dependent on the rest of Nigeria more than any other region. When you recognise you cant do it on your own, the question you the need to ask yourselves is this......Why would the rest of Nigeria vote for an ibo man and then ask why wouldn't they? if an SW man for example wants votes from the SE there is no point going to Enugu saying "vote for me i will build roads". If they dont trust me, they dont care if I really intend to build roads. You need to know what issues they have and address it to stand any chance.

SE presidency will never happen until you change your ways, if you do, maybe in 20 years there will be an Ibo president. In the interim, SS is very possible in fact I will be very thrilled with Amaechi as president[/s]..

If you like write 5000 pages of epistles to the people of payan. The bottom line is that there will be np yoruba president in 2023.

It is either you allow the East to takes it's turn since you've done yours or the North continues. That's the general resolution.
Very simple and short, no dogon turenchi.
Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2020
LaboPolitics:

Write epistles to

and that is why the presidency of Nigeria will continue to elude you. You always hide from your truth.
Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by LaboPolitics: 1:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
isthatso:

and that is why the presidency of Nigeria will continue to elude you. You always hide from your truth.

Go back and read..

You are vultures, who hope to always profit from the misfortunes of others.
You will not profit from such in 2023.

You've done your turn as yorubas, if any fields a yoruba, the other major party will field a Northerner with backing from the East.
Your epistles won't save you, your clamour for a SW vs SE situation won't also happen, you will not be allowed to use the instrument of incumbency to smuggle yourself into presidency.

yoruba won't be president in 2023. Go and start licking your wounds.
Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2020
Legacy001:
your write up is filled wit hate

The writeup is filled with lies the only igbos in Balewa's cabinet are

Mbadiwe: Minister for Lands
Ironsi was GOC appointed by Balewa as he was the most senior officer in the army
Zik was ceremonial president
Jaja Wachukwu: Minister for Labour
The rest were all Northerners and Westerners
Ribadu was minister for defence
Shagari: Minister for Economic planning
Yar Adua: Minister for Lagos Affairs
Majekodunmi Minister for Health
Minister for Foreign Affairs was MT Mbu from Cross river
Okotie Eboh Minister for Finance

Kenneth Dike was made the VC of UI by election and nomination by the British, the same with Eni Njoku who was the VC of Unilag

Why do people just enjoy spreading lies in this forum against igbos
Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2020
LaboPolitics:

Go back and read..

You are vultures, who hope to always profit from the misfortunes of others.
You will not profit from such in 2023.

You've done your turn as yorubas, if any fields a yoruba, the other major party will field a Northerner with backing from the East.
Your epistles won't save you, your clamour for a SW vs SE situation won't also happen, you will not be allowed to use the instrument of incumbency to smuggle yourself into presidency.

yoruba won't be president in 2023. Go and start licking your wounds.

like i said you people are just so emotional that sense eludes you.

let me make it clear to you, I do not care who becomes president, it will make no difference to my life, a yoruba becoming president will not add or remove a single kobo from my account. We are not the ones with an inferiority complex, so a president from my tribe who adds nothing to my bottom line does nothing for my ego. Nigeria is a failed state precisely because morons focus on electing leaders based on tribe and religion instead of competence. None of the yoruba, Northern or ibo contenders have shown they have any vision or competence, it will be just a case of more of the same.

having said that, since you people are so obsessed with ibo presidency, i am just telling you the realities. You are trapped in Nigeria by your own (ibo) making and nobody is voting for an ibo president as things stand for the foreseeable future.

Again I couldnt care less who is president, A ship is sinking you are obsessed over who the captain is instead of worrying how to save your own life. Only an idiot/slowpoke cares who is president of a sinking ship... go figure why you care so much.

I am just telling you that an ibo cannot become president of Nigeria for another 19 years at a minimum. Buhari will complete his term, it will go to the SW or SS for 8yrs then it will return to the north for another 8yrs. if Ibos have repented by then and incompetence hasnt killed Nigeria by then, then maybe the ibos can have a chance but 100% it will not happen before then. Not that i care if one becomes or who becomes president. That is the reality of the Nigerian sentiment. Whether you agree or recognize the reality is really your headache.

It is not kanu and his ilk that will break up Nigeria if it happens but the incompetence of our leaders. That is the only way a Biafra can happen....i.e that the country becomes so badly managed it becomes a Sudan...i.e it naturally implodes from within. Dont worry we are getting there, the problem is that if that happens, the ibo man will then realise he cannot survive without Nigeria.

Definition of Ibo: Shooting themselves in the foot since 1960 and not learning anything.

1 Like

Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by 2sexycom(m): 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2020
35824L:
The north will back the southwest in 2023. The unity of Nigeria cannot be jeopardized.

keep fooling yourself... there will be no block vote in 2023

Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by Shattuck(m): 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2020
AMvanquish:
If the so called leaders were just and fair, and treated everyone equally to The best of their abilities no one would be talking of being marginalized. But that's a story for another day.
true justice, fairness and accountability is all this nation needs, you can talk about regionalism if any state in Nigeria or region is fully developed,the solution to Nigeria's problem does not lie with any region or religion it is our collective failure to stand up against corruption.
Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by AMvanquish: 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
Shattuck:
true justice, fairness and accountability is all this nation needs, you can talk about regionalism if any state in Nigeria or region is fully developed,the solution to Nigeria's problem does not lie with any region or religion it is our collective failure to stand up against corruption.

Agreed. I concur. The leadership and followership is just one big mess.

1 Like

Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by executive12: 6:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
35824L:

Yeah right. So says the spokesman of the North. Too many fools in this country.
Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by luluman: 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2020
YorubaLord:
BASTARD! He should STFU! These are the mofos that wrecked this nation. angry

Btw... Y'all should go out there and march with Sowore. angry

REVOLUTION now or never! angry
Were you not taught how to make choice of words?
Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nigeria needs to model its politics around the UK model, they are our colonizers and there system of governance seems to be working, is not too late 4 us to retrace our steps and change the future of over 200 million people!

I've always liked d parliamentary system cos before u become a PM, people would have known u a lot already, weighed u and how u handle ur constituency and ur thinking patterns, and there's an official opposition like we av the Conservatives and Labour party in d UK where Jeremy Corby is the leader of the opposition, we need to see more of that but also we need a strong legislature with the staunch character of Nancy pelsoi
Re: Yakassai Backs Power Rotation, Seeks Nigeria’s Return To Parliamentary System by EagleNest(m): 7:02am On Aug 06, 2020
That's a practical solution to a complex entity called Nigeria. But the ignoramus will want the status quo maintained because of fear of competition and unknown.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Payment Of Public Funds Into Personal Accounts Has Declined By 94% / Sanwo-Olu, Oyetola, Bakare, Adebanjo For Yinka Odumakin’s First Year Anniversary / INEC Plotting To Erase Evidence, PDP Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.